Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sportonas is just really nice. (+1000) Sportonas is just really nice. (+1000) Sportonas is just really nice. (+1000) Sportonas is just really nice. (+1000) Sportonas is just really nice. (+1000) Sportonas is just really nice. (+1000) Sportonas is just really nice. (+1000) Sportonas is just really nice. (+1000) Sportonas is just really nice. (+1000) Sportonas is just really nice. (+1000) Sportonas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by loftros View Post
    My best advice is just to keep blood sugars very stable and never let it go 200+ because your body will use more muscle for energy this way. Ive noticed that if i workout 180+ my strength goes down slightly. good luck
    Well, I'm keeping them steady anyway, not just because of bodybuilding but for better health. Thanks

matt14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My best advice is just to keep blood sugars very stable and never let it go 200+ because your body will use more muscle for energy this way. Ive noticed that if i workout 180+ my strength goes down slightly. good luck
    I have noticed the same as well, and also if i hit the gym below 110. What is interesting though, is that above 200 i go up when i test after the workout, but if i am in the 120-160 range i stay virtually the same or drop a little. I do agree with you about the insulin being very anabolic, but i also think that our diet has a lot to do with - knowing the exact amount (and knowing how to count) of carbs, proteins and fats at every single meal.

jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i wish insulin would cause spot growth,;/ You can use this site as a guide: spotinjections.com. definitely work your way up from a lower iu intake.
    will read this site here in a little while and repost on some thoughts. since i am taking in about 20g of carbs with the shake, along with about 20-30 more from other sugars to go with it, im taking about 5U to cover it. shoudl i go up to 10U and then take the shake and add some Kool-Aid as a drink to get the rest of the carbs? or what would you recommend?

jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jshepyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    read the article, but just saw where to take the shots. i dont know if i would feel comforatable taking a shot right next to my bicep, seems like it would hurt a little too much. do you have any experiece with taking shots next to the muscle that you worked out on?

loftros has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loftros has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loftros has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loftros has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jshepyo View Post
    will read this site here in a little while and repost on some thoughts. since i am taking in about 20g of carbs with the shake, along with about 20-30 more from other sugars to go with it, im taking about 5U to cover it. shoudl i go up to 10U and then take the shake and add some Kool-Aid as a drink to get the rest of the carbs? or what would you recommend?
    I suggest you buy a bag of dextrose or waxy maize to mix into the shake its very cheap and acts faster than kool-aid. kool-aid has too much artificial sugar etc. Dont be afraid to bump up your IU when youre comfortable just make sure you cover it with carbs.

loftros has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loftros has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loftros has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loftros has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    read the article, but just saw where to take the shots. i dont know if i would feel comforatable taking a shot right next to my bicep, seems like it would hurt a little too much. do you have any experiece with taking shots next to the muscle that you worked out on?
    Ive taken shots IM in just about every spot possible, i suggest NOT to do calves lol just trust me its hard to walk usually. When i first started i used glutes/quads, easy to see what youre doing.You can shoot into the muscle you are about to work on this can help with any soreness, but just dont expect any spot growth from insulin.

Originally Posted by matt14 View Post
    I have noticed the same as well, and also if i hit the gym below 110. What is interesting though, is that above 200 i go up when i test after the workout, but if i am in the 120-160 range i stay virtually the same or drop a little. I do agree with you about the insulin being very anabolic, but i also think that our diet has a lot to do with - knowing the exact amount (and knowing how to count) of carbs, proteins and fats at every single meal.
    Yea this is pretty common to stay high when you work out high which is no good;/ I definitely agree that diet is 80% of the equation especially for a diabetic.

I suggest you buy a bag of dextrose or waxy maize to mix into the shake its very cheap and acts faster than kool-aid. kool-aid has too much artificial sugar etc. Dont be afraid to bump up your IU when youre comfortable just make sure you cover it with carbs.
    this is something that i have actualy looked into, the waxy maize. but i have read that i must take the waxy maize 10mins before the shake in order for it to work correctly...suggestions?

also another thing, i am take MRI Protein and i was told before that i should take a longer digesting protein during the day and a fast absorbing protein for my post workout shake. i was told that the grams of fat is how to go about this, i should get a protein that is 3 or below in grams of fat for the post workout...true?

Ive taken shots IM in just about every spot possible, i suggest NOT to do calves lol just trust me its hard to walk usually. When i first started i used glutes/quads, easy to see what youre doing.You can shoot into the muscle you are about to work on this can help with any soreness, but just dont expect any spot growth from insulin.
    ha not sure if id even consider the calves honestly. i normaly take my shots in the stomach or the quads. im just a little hesitant about shooting into my arms.

this is something that i have actualy looked into, the waxy maize. but i have read that i must take the waxy maize 10mins before the shake in order for it to work correctly...suggestions?

also another thing, i am take MRI Protein and i was told before that i should take a longer digesting protein during the day and a fast absorbing protein for my post workout shake. i was told that the grams of fat is how to go about this, i should get a protein that is 3 or below in grams of fat for the post workout...true?
    you can take the waxy maize riight after you workout then protein 15 mins later or just put into 1 big shake(just preference really). You should take whey in your pwo shake(low fat yes), you will want longer duration pro. during the day(casein, soy, meat, egg, meat etc.)(fat doesnt really define the protein powder but it can), just try to get pro. from foods instead of shakes during the day.

ha not sure if id even consider the calves honestly. i normaly take my shots in the stomach or the quads. im just a little hesitant about shooting into my arms.
    yea i use the same spots to shot slin, to shot insulin IM you will want 1 inch needles(5/8 inch for arms).

you can take the waxy maize riight after you workout then protein 15 mins later or just put into 1 big shake(just preference really). You should take whey in your pwo shake(low fat yes), you will want longer duration pro. during the day(casein, soy, meat, egg, meat etc.)(fat doesnt really define the protein powder but it can), just try to get pro. from foods instead of shakes during the day.
    sounds pretty good. im going to GNC later today to pick up some better protein for the pwo. and where would you reccomend getting a bag of waxy maize? also, with my new routine im going on, im going to be running 3-4/week and was wondering when would be the best time to burn fat...morning, after lift, or when?

sounds pretty good. im going to GNC later today to pick up some better protein for the pwo. and where would you reccomend getting a bag of waxy maize? also, with my new routine im going on, im going to be running 3-4/week and was wondering when would be the best time to burn fat...morning, after lift, or when?
    you can buy waxy waize off this site for pretty cheap. The best time would be upon waking, empty stomach, but pwo works fine too.

you can buy waxy waize off this site for pretty cheap. The best time would be upon waking, empty stomach, but pwo works fine too.
    alright ill look into. yea i read that running after lifting is best because you have burnt most cal/carbs and so the running should burn more fat. also, just so we can all get a good idea of the injection spike and eat times, could you possibly give a general daily routine that you would do. like times you inject and mins after you eat and number of carbs. this would help.

alright ill look into. yea i read that running after lifting is best because you have burnt most cal/carbs and so the running should burn more fat. also, just so we can all get a good idea of the injection spike and eat times, could you possibly give a general daily routine that you would do. like times you inject and mins after you eat and number of carbs. this would help.
    yes after is better because your glycogen will be low. I am cutting atm but this is what a growth phase would look like for me, i always inject 10 mins prior to eating carbs, i am also running lantus(you know the 24 hour bolus insulin) I eat roughly 500-600g( i wouldnt suggest going this high until you are very experienced/muscular) of carbs spread through 8 meals. Currently my insulin to carb ratio is 1:12(ive worked on increasing my insulin sensitivity) WHen i eat more than roughly 800g a day i find that i gain visceral fat easier because insulin is known to "protrude" the stomach a little bit over heavy use. Best advice i can give you is to eat only very complex carbs i.e. oats,steel cut oats,potatoes, wheat,barley, etc. and keep your hemoglobin a1c below 7% because this way you wont ever lose mass because of diabetes.

yes after is better because your glycogen will be low. I am cutting atm but this is what a growth phase would look like for me, i always inject 10 mins prior to eating carbs, i am also running lantus(you know the 24 hour bolus insulin) I eat roughly 500-600g( i wouldnt suggest going this high until you are very experienced/muscular) of carbs spread through 8 meals. Currently my insulin to carb ratio is 1:12(ive worked on increasing my insulin sensitivity) WHen i eat more than roughly 800g a day i find that i gain visceral fat easier because insulin is known to "protrude" the stomach a little bit over heavy use. Best advice i can give you is to eat only very complex carbs i.e. oats,steel cut oats,potatoes, wheat,barley, etc. and keep your hemoglobin a1c below 7% because this way you wont ever lose mass because of diabetes.
    alright thanks for the info, great post. i started tonight taking a little extra Humulog for the pwo shake, didnt see a drop too much in the sugars. im probaly only eating around 300 or so grams of carbs/day. trying to eat as much protein and take about 2 shakes during the day. so i should always inject 10-15mins before eating, even if im not lifing that day? im on the same with the lantus, except doc has me at 50U/day because i was on a pump and it was causing some issues..high blood sugars. my a1c unfor. is varying from time to time, last one was around 7 but one before that was an 8. my problem is i will have random sugar spikes for no reason, didnt eat any sugars and somtimes will take 10U of insulin and sugars will still continue to rise and rise. but recently, i have been having VERY lows..last night was 24 and about 30min ago was a 36. i know high sugar can cause muscle mass loss, what abou the lows..same?

alright thanks for the info, great post. i started tonight taking a little extra Humulog for the pwo shake, didnt see a drop too much in the sugars. im probaly only eating around 300 or so grams of carbs/day. trying to eat as much protein and take about 2 shakes during the day. so i should always inject 10-15mins before eating, even if im not lifing that day? im on the same with the lantus, except doc has me at 50U/day because i was on a pump and it was causing some issues..high blood sugars. my a1c unfor. is varying from time to time, last one was around 7 but one before that was an 8. my problem is i will have random sugar spikes for no reason, didnt eat any sugars and somtimes will take 10U of insulin and sugars will still continue to rise and rise. but recently, i have been having VERY lows..last night was 24 and about 30min ago was a 36. i know high sugar can cause muscle mass loss, what abou the lows..same?
    You dont necessarily have to inject 10-15 mins before but its suggested, i find it helps a lil bit because it takes 10 min ish to really act(dont worry about it). Ive also looked into pumps but i can never bring myself to even try one idk why i just really feel lantus does the job. An a1c of 8 isnt really too bad, better than most diabetics anyways, back a few years ago they stopped making lente/ulente and my a1c was up around 10.5 for a few months, thats where it starts to cause damage;/ That sugar spike problem is pretty odd sounds like you might have some insulin resistance or possibly liver issues. When you go hypo your body actually produces more growth hormone along with cortisol, and agents that "attempt" to raise your bs. Technically, being hypo is less harmful than going hyper and you really dont want excess cortisol(agent that breaks down muscle during excersize). You probably wont ever lose mass going low though because your body spurts out hgh which will help counteract the cortisol.

You dont necessarily have to inject 10-15 mins before but its suggested, i find it helps a lil bit because it takes 10 min ish to really act(dont worry about it). Ive also looked into pumps but i can never bring myself to even try one idk why i just really feel lantus does the job. An a1c of 8 isnt really too bad, better than most diabetics anyways, back a few years ago they stopped making lente/ulente and my a1c was up around 10.5 for a few months, thats where it starts to cause damage;/ That sugar spike problem is pretty odd sounds like you might have some insulin resistance or possibly liver issues. When you go hypo your body actually produces more growth hormone along with cortisol, and agents that "attempt" to raise your bs. Technically, being hypo is less harmful than going hyper and you really dont want excess cortisol(agent that breaks down muscle during excersize). You probably wont ever lose mass going low though because your body spurts out hgh which will help counteract the cortisol.

yea i was hesitant on the pump at first because i didnt like the idea of the whole tube thing around me, so i started off with the OmniPod. worked great for a while but apparently i have something in my skin that causes adhesives not to stick as well because i could put one on and it would come off very soon. switched to the Animas Ping, worked good but also had the problem of it falling off. ive used every adhesive the diabetic companies know of, even used duc tape...no help. so im on the shots for now..see how that goes. ill have the random spikes in BS without eating anything. i know egg yolks have small carbs but not enough in 3 eggs to raise sugar from 100 to 250+. great info on the hypo question

Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    insulin is like a steroid and the side effects are possibly diabetes and if your an idiot death.

how am i a "boner"??

they can use it without fear of the side effects. and our body only creates a certain amount of Insulin.. that is why pro's use insulin?
    if our body created enough for everything why would they add extra? i think the pro's know what works and what doesnt.
    The answer to all your questions lies within this thread.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=809027

matt14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Juelz919 View Post
    insulin is like a steroid and the side effects are possibly diabetes and if your an idiot death.

how am i a "boner"??

they can use it without fear of the side effects. and our body only creates a certain amount of Insulin.. that is why pro's use insulin?
    if our body created enough for everything why would they add extra? i think the pro's know what works and what doesnt.
    So are you under the impression that an individual develops diabetes because they have too much insulin in their system?? this is not like creatine (the more you take, the less your body produces). you do realize that a diabetic (type 1 like the OP is) produces no insulin whatsoever. Your body releases insulin due to the amount of carbs that you ingest at a meal, if a diabetic ate a meal and did not take a shot, the blood sugar would go through the roof, yours however would not. Please, get this straight before saying that a diabetic can take insulin without fear of side effects.

Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    no. i said a diabetic can take insulin without fear of getting diabetes.

like if i have aids i can have un protected sex cuz really i dont have anything to lose..

except death but i dunno how much they'd have to use to die

and yes if you use insulin on a regular basis your pancreas will stop producing it.. thus making you diabetic.
    The answer to all your questions lies within this thread.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=809027