DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Need Bicep Advice

I would like to bring up my biceps. I feel like there lacking behind the rest of my progress.

Heres my current split.

Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Back
    Rest
    Thursday: Arms
    Friday: Legs
    Saturday: Shoulders
    Rest

I only work them out once a week, and that day is shared with triceps. I feel like there not getting worked enough, but I don't know when else I could work them without overtraining or messing up any other days. Any advice?
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene

mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Weighted chin ups for reps on back days?

Mess with different rep ranges.

Say like for arms day i suppose you have 3 bi exercises? I assume.

So for the first do like 4 x 4 then the next exercise do like 3 x 8 then the next like 3 x 12 - 15 or something... for example.

Hypertrophy needs 4 things (Fortified iron said this):

Frequency
    Progressive overload
    Fatigue
    (**** i forgot the 4th)

Natural Bodybuilder kingleviathan's Avatar
    kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How long have you been doing the current workout program you're on?
    Do you use the same exercises each week for your biceps?

A lot of times if you've been using the same workout for a while your body and muscles have adapted to that workout. More so if you use the same exercises for that muscle group. If you're doing that try changing up your routine to use different bicep exercises or a different workout routine. There are a ton to choose from on the site that will fit with your schedule/goal.

Are you going for strength or size? or both?
    "For 14 weeks it's all about this contest. No world, just me, the gym, the treadmill, taking care of business." - Jay Cutler

"Success is not an accident but a carefully planned endeavor. "
    "Every man is the architect of his destiny. "
    "You must master yourself before you can master anything else. "
    - Frank Bolella

"And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche.

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Weighted chin ups for reps on back days?

Mess with different rep ranges.

Say like for arms day i suppose you have 3 bi exercises? I assume.

So for the first do like 4 x 4 then the next exercise do like 3 x 8 then the next like 3 x 12 - 15 or something... for example.

Hypertrophy needs 4 things (Fortified iron said this):

Frequency
    Progressive overload
    Fatigue
    (**** i forgot the 4th)
    Ya I do 3 exercises.

Originally Posted by kingleviathan View Post
    How long have you been doing the current workout program you're on?
    Do you use the same exercises each week for your biceps?

A lot of times if you've been using the same workout for a while your body and muscles have adapted to that workout. More so if you use the same exercises for that muscle group. If you're doing that try changing up your routine to use different bicep exercises or a different workout routine. There are a ton to choose from on the site that will fit with your schedule/goal.

Are you going for strength or size? or both?
    Im goin for size, but some strength is a nice addition

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

Natural Bodybuilder kingleviathan's Avatar
    kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingleviathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For size preacher or scott curls, or seated dumbbell curls should get you that peak. If you really want to aim for your peak I'd go with dumbbell preacher curls doing one arm at a time so you can really focus on the muscle.

To help with your strength standing barbell curls or EZ bar curls or the incline dumbbell curls work nicely. (I usually like the incline dumbbell curls, I feel they give me more of a workout but then again I was doing GVT)

Also good for your peak but I wouldnt really do them during your workout but after are one- or two- arm High-pulley cable curls. These can be lower weight and higher reps to really make sure your muscles are worked to the max and can't possibly do anymore.

But if you don't feel like changing your routine you can try things like dropsets or supersets those are pretty helpful for some people.
    "For 14 weeks it's all about this contest. No world, just me, the gym, the treadmill, taking care of business." - Jay Cutler

"Success is not an accident but a carefully planned endeavor. "
    "Every man is the architect of his destiny. "
    "You must master yourself before you can master anything else. "
    - Frank Bolella

"And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche.

Registered User the iron addict's Avatar
    the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000) the iron addict is just really nice. (+1000)
    Muscle shape is genetic. You can change how the bicep looks by making it bigger, or developing the outer head more in relation to the inner, but the overall shape is not going to change. Look at a picture of Arnold's arms:

http://www.schwarzenegger.it/gallery...lery1/m622.jpg

Some of the best arms ever built but his biceps are shaped different left to right. What is more revealing is that his arms had the same basic shape when he was 16. They just got a lot bigger. While you can surely make them a lot bigger and change a bit of the "illusion" of shape, your genetic shape was set when you were born.

Iron Addict

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums

Revolutionary diet and training software:

http://www.redpointfitness.com

DrDNose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrDNose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrDNose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrDNose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrDNose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrDNose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DrDNose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    not to bring you down hoss, but if your sig is current, you need to stop worrying about your biceps and focus on everything.

bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    monday do a superset of bb curls and machine preachers. the first set s 10/10 the second is 15/15. you'll use a weight you can just reach 10 reps with on the first s/s. these will be slow, steady reps with a slow negative. rest 1 min then go to the second s/s. you'll drop weght for the second one. you'll do the same with tri's but with close grip bench and cable pushdowns. then on thurs you'll do a more regular w/o with bi's/tri's but with heavier weight. 3 exercises for 2 sets of 8 using the same weight. for ex bi's owuld go db curl, conc curl, some type of machine curl - each one 2x8 as heavy as you can cleanly rep that weight for 8. same thing, bi's/tri's. each week raise the weight if you hit the reps. try it for 8 weeks, i guarantee you'll add good size to your arms.
    Recip's Fierce Crew!!!!

Paul De Mayo
    06*02*2005

bdiesel@Safe-mail.net

Originally Posted by DrDNose View Post
    not to bring you down hoss, but if your sig is current, you need to stop worrying about your biceps and focus on everything.
    K, lol, i don't know what that has to do with my signature but...
    No, I am totally focusing on my whole physique, but I think my biceps could use a little extra for like a couple weeks.

Originally Posted by bdiesel View Post
    monday do a superset of bb curls and machine preachers. the first set s 10/10 the second is 15/15. you'll use a weight you can just reach 10 reps with on the first s/s. these will be slow, steady reps with a slow negative. rest 1 min then go to the second s/s. you'll drop weght for the second one. you'll do the same with tri's but with close grip bench and cable pushdowns. then on thurs you'll do a more regular w/o with bi's/tri's but with heavier weight. 3 exercises for 2 sets of 8 using the same weight. for ex bi's owuld go db curl, conc curl, some type of machine curl - each one 2x8 as heavy as you can cleanly rep that weight for 8. same thing, bi's/tri's. each week raise the weight if you hit the reps. try it for 8 weeks, i guarantee you'll add good size to your arms.
    But wouldn't that screw up my Chest for monday?
    I like the superset Idea. I'll have to try that.