View Poll Results: Do you think the new NPC/IFBB Bikini competition is a good idea?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

37 49.33%
  • no

30 40.00%
  • don't care

8 10.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yup! FBB have waaaaaaaaaaaaay more stage time than figure girls due to the posing routines.

This was my first year competing and I decided to do FBB first.

Next year I'm going to do FBB for the natural shows only and figure for the NPC so I'm glad that the NPC only requires a 2 piece because women like myself are not financially blessed like the others so this decision just saved me several hundred dollars.
    "I will persist until I succeed!" - Og Mandino

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid."

MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsFitFern will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My reply

This girl next to me with very little muscle beat me last June and placed higher than me yet agian last weekend. She had no delts, no lats,etc. There were 2 or three other women with "traditional figure" physiques who didnt place much better than I did, one of them had what I would consider a national level physique......I was very impressed, but she didnt place 1st. Take a look. I tried to upload more, but the files were too big. Perhaps it is different in different states, but the one judge who goes to my gym told me "maybe you should do bodybuilding" when I spoke to him afterwards. Im not even close to some national level women in figure as far as size goes (need work mostly in the quads). I weigh 120 lbs and am a size 0-2. So, he is basically saying that any woman who is my size with muscles, should just be a bodybuilder and forget figure. Take a look at the women posting here........you all look bigger than me! Does that mean you all should wrap it up?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MsFitness; 11-07-2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: added info
    " I don't want to BE Barbie...I want to BENCHPRESS her"
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100000396116976&ref=profile
    www.gasparinutrition.com (supps)
    www.fern@gasparinutrition.com (company email)

Sylvo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylvo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylvo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylvo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylvo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylvo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylvo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylvo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylvo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylvo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sylvo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sixzebra View Post
    I hate the one-piece part of figure competition. Why the hell would you want to cover up the mosted coveted muscles of all - the abs??!!
    And when you have to pay upwards of $7-8 even $900 + dollars for one suit - puuuuhleeeease. Dump the one-piece forever!!

Completely agree! I never understood why there is a one piece!
    "The quality of a persons life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MsFitness View Post
    This girl next to me with very little muscle beat me last June and placed higher than me yet agian last weekend. ?
    Well, I can certainly see why you would be upset about that. I would not have placed her ahead of you for a lot of the reasons you mentioned.
    National Competitor

goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MsFitness View Post
    This girl next to me with very little muscle beat me last June and placed higher than me yet agian last weekend. She had no delts, no lats,etc. There were 2 or three other women with "traditional figure" physiques who didnt place much better than I did, one of them had what I would consider a national level physique......I was very impressed, but she didnt place 1st. Take a look. I tried to upload more, but the files were too big. Perhaps it is different in different states, but the one judge who goes to my gym told me "maybe you should do bodybuilding" when I spoke to him afterwards. Im not even close to some national level women in figure as far as size goes (need work mostly in the quads). I weigh 120 lbs and am a size 0-2. So, he is basically saying that any woman who is my size with muscles, should just be a bodybuilder and forget figure. Take a look at the women posting here........you all look bigger than me! Does that mean you all should wrap it up?
    OMG!!!!!!!!

I would have pissed!!!!!!!!!
    "I will persist until I succeed!" - Og Mandino

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid."

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In a subjective sport, there will always be a discrepancy between opinions on placings.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Big mistake (IMO) dropping the 1 piece suit. This round/suit really shows how proportional a physique really is. The ladies who score better here(or move up) usually have more proportional physiques. It takes the Abs out of the picture & magnifies limb discrepencies. (ie: if you are quad dominant, lack shoulders, etc...) It also shows if you have a long/short torso, long/short legs , etc...

Of course a properly cut & fitted suit goes a long way in helping hide some of these flaws. It is all about who shows off what they have the best.

Stuntin' is a habit Faith Fitness's Avatar
    Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was going to compete in figure.. but since they have taken the one piece out I may switch to bbing.. because of the stage time.. I deserve a routine after months and years of preparation... gosh darn! lol
    "I knew I was destined for great things. People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest. I agree. Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way -I hope it never will. "-Arnold Schwarzenegger

" Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men, who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion."
    iForce Nutrition Athlete

richiedaggs is on a distinguished road. (+10) richiedaggs is on a distinguished road. (+10) richiedaggs is on a distinguished road. (+10) richiedaggs is on a distinguished road. (+10) richiedaggs is on a distinguished road. (+10) richiedaggs is on a distinguished road. (+10) richiedaggs is on a distinguished road. (+10) richiedaggs is on a distinguished road. (+10) richiedaggs is on a distinguished road. (+10) richiedaggs is on a distinguished road. (+10) richiedaggs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Dropping 1-Piece...Good.

I've recently wondered about the 1 Piece round because it conceals the Abs...?

Bikini? Could be a good marketing angle....

Whatever the powers that be decide, it will be for the greater good of all involved, incuding athletes, fans and the $ponsor$.
    Richie Daggs
    NPC Promoter of the
    2008 NPC NorthEastern New York
    www.northeasternmuscle.com

Registered User fitperformance2's Avatar
    fitperformance2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

mixed opinion

I have a split opinion. Being new to the sport, I do appreciate the price break not having to invest in the 1 pc. However, the stage time of two rounds is a big consideration. Another reason why I do like the 1 pc is because it is nice to have some pictures after wards that are a little more modest. Does anyone know the official date this will begin?
    ~Fitperformance2
    "If you believe you CAN or you CAN'T, you are probably RIGHT."

Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would actually watch fitness a little if this happened

Stuntin' is a habit Faith Fitness's Avatar
    Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Faith Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fitperformance2 View Post
    I have a split opinion. Being new to the sport, I do appreciate the price break not having to invest in the 1 pc. However, the stage time of two rounds is a big consideration. Another reason why I do like the 1 pc is because it is nice to have some pictures after wards that are a little more modest. Does anyone know the official date this will begin?
    I am not sure but I think it starts in 2009.
    "I knew I was destined for great things. People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest. I agree. Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way -I hope it never will. "-Arnold Schwarzenegger

" Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men, who find it easier to live in the world they've been given, than explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion."
    iForce Nutrition Athlete

PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100)
    So glad one piece is gone.....totally useless! Expensive and doesn't showcase the physique that well.

I'm loving this bikini idea.......why are figure girls whining? Less competition for them and it doesn't affect them either way.

Some girls don't want to be as muscular or they don't want to have to cycle or do clen, etc. Bikini is perfect!

The only downside I can think of is long shows.

PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100) PalumboIsGod is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'd also like to point out that not all bikini girls are "lazy".

I have to work hard just to stay "average".

Muscle takes time to build .....especially with out the use of cycling.....so bikini is great for those girls who really are working hard and just don't have the muscle maturity yet!

jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    from www.hardbody.com:

The NPC office has received many complaints regarding the cost of competitions and in particular the price tag attached to being required to buy two posing suits. Suits range from a couple hundred into the thousands, especially the one-piece suits. That?s not to say it?s the sole reason for the one-piece being nixed from competitions but it the front office did listen to the athletes voice on this matter.
    If federation actually listened to the athletes regarding the suit cost issues, then maybe if enough ladies with traditional hard physiques made enough noise about the "soft fluff" physiques the judges are currently allowing to win shows, then maybe they'll listen to us again and the sport can possibly have some chance of getting the dignity back that it once had. I still hope all the soggy girls leave figure and go to bikini.....no offense to anyone, but like someone previously stated, a scultped figure is not easily attainable. If it's not for you then go do Hawiian Tropics contests. Enough said......
    BLESSINGS,
    Laura Bailey
    www.leanlikelaura.com

taralavalley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Drop the one piece!

I have to agree that I would be done with the one piece. I just feel they really aren't that flattering and with all the hard work that is done prepping, they should show off the abs! The backs of the one and two piece suits look identical, so why not just have one suit?

Tara LaValley

Personal Trainer
    Diet Coach
    Online Coaching
    www.taralavalley.com

(no homo)(srs)(no homo) Tbonedawg08's Avatar
    Tbonedawg08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tbonedawg08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tbonedawg08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tbonedawg08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tbonedawg08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tbonedawg08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tbonedawg08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tbonedawg08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tbonedawg08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tbonedawg08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tbonedawg08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    seriously?
    no pics??

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PalumboIsGod View Post
    So glad one piece is gone.....totally useless! Expensive and doesn't showcase the physique that well.

I'm loving this bikini idea.......why are figure girls whining? Less competition for them and it doesn't affect them either way.
    Discussion forums are for discussing. The issue is a constant dumbing down of physiques. You don't see this on the men's side of the sport. NPC men's Fitness? Fot guys that don't want to be as big as bodybuilders? How about when Men's Swimsuit for guys that don't want to be even that muscular?

Some girls don't want to be as muscular or they don't want to have to cycle or do clen, etc. Bikini is perfect!
    So you're saying you have to do drugs to compete in Figure?

The only downside I can think of is long shows.
    Eternal, even, lol.

Originally Posted by jumper11 View Post
    If it's not for you then go do Hawiian Tropics contests. Enough said......
    Precisely, there are Bikini venues already.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd also like to point out that not all bikini girls are "lazy".

I have to work hard just to stay "average".

Muscle takes time to build .....especially with out the use of cycling.....so bikini is great for those girls who really are working hard and just don't have the muscle maturity yet!
    I've seen plenty of girls who don't have much muscle maturity yet kick a$$ in figure. They do work hard.
    Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say.
    - Colonel Nathan R. Jessep (a.k.a. Jack Nicholson), A Few Good Men

GeminiJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeminiJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeminiJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeminiJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeminiJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeminiJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeminiJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeminiJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeminiJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeminiJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeminiJedi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ?? Not all figure girls cycle, and the ones that do (at the local shows here anyways) RARELY do well in placings...
    You are your own worst critic--stop and listen to the praises from others every once in a while.

Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I envision bikini as being something like "fitness model" with other organizations, though I certainly could be wrong. I think that adding bikini CAN be a good thing, but only if NPC does what they really need to do with women's classes... 1. Make the darn judging criteria for each class (BB, figure, bikini, fitness) more concrete, and then consistently stick to it! 2. Put an end cross-overs between BB, figure, and bikini at the same show (watched the same girl place 2nd in figure and 2nd in BBing at same large show - exactly how does that happen?). NPC really shouldn't need the revenue generated through these kinds of crossovers and allowing them only "muddies the water" more when it comes to distinctions between the competitive categories.

As far as removing the 1-pc... I agree with most that it cuts down too much on our stage time with NPC. Other organizations allow for an individual presentation that is 3 times longer than NPC gives you. I for one am going to feel totally jipped with the 30 seconds of individual stage time I'm now going to get with this new change... but... I agree that the 1-pc was not as flattering for most, cost a butt load of money, and covered rather than revealed the entire physique. Glad to see it go!
    What Life is Really About - Be willing to work hard. Do what you know you should do. Go to church. Be happy with what you have. Don't chase after things you don't need. Stand up for what you know is right. Take care of yourself and your family. Help those people who need you. - Unknown

IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    I am torn on the suit issue. While it is good to save money on the one piece, it is bad to have such limited time on stage after so much work to get there since there would only be one series of quarter turns.

As for the bikini division, I am also torn. The BB in IFBB stands for BodyBuilding and bikini contests are not that. There are places for that kind of display, like Hawaiian Tropic. However, if starting this would return Figure to its old, muscular roots and get the bikini looking girls out, that would be a good thing.
    I couldn't have said it better myself! My thoughts/hold-up exactly
    NPC National Figure Athlete | NASM CPT | Nutritionist | Professional Model
    ~Team TightCurves~

*Follow me on ********! Sarah Gwynn - IronFigure Fitness

Formerly known as USMC_URAH :)

urstrulyhb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urstrulyhb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urstrulyhb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urstrulyhb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urstrulyhb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urstrulyhb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urstrulyhb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urstrulyhb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urstrulyhb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urstrulyhb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urstrulyhb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im still pissed about this!! i love the one pc.

kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by urstrulyhb View Post
    im still pissed about this!! i love the one pc.
    Well, on a good note....you can get your IFBB pro card and then you can wear the one piece!
    kathyfit
    NGA Figure Pro
    Bikini Universe Classic 2006-1st
    Figure Universe Classic 2010-1st
    Team Tight Curves