BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50)

120bpm: fat burning zone ???

This morning I did a lift and cardio session.
    On the cardio I kept my heart rate just over 120bpm. I didn't feel like I was working out. I did a incline walk (10.0incline) (6.4speed)for 35 minutes and finished of with a light jog (8.8speed)for the last 10 minutes.

Total: 45minutes (550kcals burnt)

Throughout the session I could hold a conversion and only lightly sweated. Is this how its meant to be, surely I should be feeling it, working harder ???
    My cutting log:
    -----------------------------------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=513460853#post513460853

gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    fat burning zone is a joke, it comes down to calories expended not ur heart rate
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes and no - HR can be a very efficient tool for training. Do you know what your actual zones are or did you get the 125 off of some calculator? Go get tested if you haven't. If you are just looking for pure calorie expenditure with no real training goals, then train hard. I prefer to train smart (and with S.M.A.R.T goals) - it makes my life easier and I actual work less with better results. You can give me two identical athletes and the one who trains smarter will always come out on top.

duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There's no such thing as the fat burning zone:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=747976

Dr.Oxygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr.Oxygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr.Oxygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr.Oxygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr.Oxygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr.Oxygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr.Oxygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr.Oxygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr.Oxygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr.Oxygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm similar in that I don't feel I'm getting a good cardio workout by constant cardio. I've started a HIIT cardio routine and love it. I really feel I'm getting a good workout and so far I've seen results.
    "I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol."

Demonsbane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demonsbane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demonsbane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demonsbane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demonsbane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demonsbane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demonsbane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demonsbane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demonsbane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demonsbane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demonsbane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should be aiming to work your heart at about 70% of it max for about 40 minutes. If you believe you can push yourself further and run faster - then you should.

Originally Posted by gekkoboy14 View Post
    fat burning zone is a joke, it comes down to calories expended not ur heart rate
    calories can be expended by sitting on the couch. Calories burnt during cardio is just a bonus. The elevated metabolism and the increased level of fitness is what counts.

IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In short there is no fat burning zone. The higher your heart rate, the more carbs you will use.

So these machines tell you to stay around 60% of your max heart rate (120bpm which is low) in order to utilize more fat.

However, you're utilizing less calories as a whole which is what really matters.
    www.ironbrendan.com

BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm going to mix it up.
    If your on a low carb diet should I do HllT.?.

1-day hi
    1-day lo

I get pains in my feet after performing HllT or hard long running, its when I wake up the next day I feel it. Its on the sides of my feet, is there a reson for this -that I'm working to hard...
    My cutting log:

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're HR was probably skewed to start with due to cardiac drift from the resistance training, body temperature elevation and hydration / electrolyte loss.

Cardiac drift is the term given to the phenomenon by which there is an increase in heart rate during exercise over time. Mognoni et al (1990), performed a study on 34 male subjects to assess the change in heart rate with prolonged exercise but maintaining a steady work rate. The subjects underwent an initial incremental test to determine their lactate thresholds. They then were asked to perform a prolonged exercise test between 2 and 6 days later. In the prolonged exercise tests subjects were asked to cycle at their lactate threshold work rates for as long as they could manage with 60 minutes being the aim. During the test heart rates, oxygen consumption and lactic acid levels were monitored. They found that heart rates increased significantly after 20 minutes of prolonged exercise, with threshold heart rates being between 17 and 22 bpm lower than those measured at the conclusion of the prolonged exercise test. The authors suggest that these changes may be due to a slow increase in body temperature.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cornerbax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    everyone has their own opinions on this but I agree the fat burning zone is a total joke, i don't care what science says. When I started HIIT I noticed in 1 month when I noticed in 5 months of doing low intensity cardio --- and I was doing mostly 140-150bpm (still relatively moderate) the months prior -- 120 is a joke.

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by duffman18 View Post
    There's no such thing as the fat burning zone:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=747976
    "I read it on the internets, it must be true."

There are multiple perspectives on that piece as well as scientific evidence that supports the idea that there are certain zones that a body will work more efficiently in, burn more fat in and so on.

But should one do HllT if there on a low carb diet ?
    My cutting log:

duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) duffman18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SocratesTX View Post
    "I read it on the internets, it must be true."
    No, that article is backed up with sources. Studies. Science. If there was a wealth of evidence for there being a fat burning zone we would have the studies by now.

Originally Posted by BigBoyAdd View Post
    But should one do HllT if there on a low carb diet ?
    Bump Q
    My cutting log: