Thread: Body For Life

rajeev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rajeev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rajeev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rajeev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rajeev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Body For Life

I'am quite intrigued as to how the participants of Body for Life programme go from Fat to Ripped in just 12 weeks. Any ideas

RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi,

I did the body for life about 4 years ago and I just followed the diet and exercise advice to the letter and in 12 weeks I lost 10Kg...

What I would say, however, is that on the Sundays (which were the rest and cheat day) I did go a little more overboard than I would right now...i.e. it is a whole cheat day as opposed to a cheat meal, and I did just relax completely my eating habits.

I would recommend the BFL challenge to anyone who is a beginner and wants to follow a plan that takes the thinking out of it. I would also recommend not going overboard on Sundays as my progress could've been greater had I just eaten a little less excessively!

My original Body for Life before and after pictures are on my profile if you're interested!

Rebecca
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength"

rajeev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rajeev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rajeev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rajeev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rajeev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RebeccaTD View Post
    Hi,

I did the body for life about 4 years ago and I just followed the diet and exercise advice to the letter and in 12 weeks I lost 10Kg...

What I would say, however, is that on the Sundays (which were the rest and cheat day) I did go a little more overboard than I would right now...i.e. it is a whole cheat day as opposed to a cheat meal, and I did just relax completely my eating habits.

I would recommend the BFL challenge to anyone who is a beginner and wants to follow a plan that takes the thinking out of it. I would also recommend not going overboard on Sundays as my progress could've been greater had I just eaten a little less excessively!

My original Body for Life before and after pictures are on my profile if you're interested!

Rebecca
    Great !!!

What supplements did u take and more importantly were there any fat burners included. I'am trying to loose at least 10 kgs on myself and increase muscle mass.

jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I also did the BFL about 12 years ago. It's really what got me started. I lost 12lbs in 12 weeks and was happy with my progress. I was also only 20yrs old at the time and for me, that was just great.
    I also recommend (like Rebecca) of only having 1 cheat MEAL that day, not a whole overindulging day. I think this also slowed my progress.
    BFL is also something I'd recommend for beginners.

I don't think there were any fat burners included. When I did the original program that time, I think I only used protein as my supplement. I was on that site checking it out not too long ago though, and it looked as if they have added in a lot of supplements. You should check out the site. I don't think fat burners is included.

Good luck!
    Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say.
    - Colonel Nathan R. Jessep (a.k.a. Jack Nicholson), A Few Good Men

RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Rajeev,

Like Jewel of the Nile I never took any fat burners and the only supplements I took were protein shakes...mainly because I was studying at university and needed quick meals on the go. I also had a post work-out shake.

I didn't consider much of what I took...it was mostly from regular food and the main thing for me was learning to combine proteins and carbs and to reduce (or rather adjust) portion sizes.

It taught me the basics about working out in a smart way (reducing time at the gym) and eating to fuel my workouts whilst burning fat. It also got me started with what I now do: body fitness.

I think if I did the BFL challenge now I would do more as I have a lot more knowledge than I did 4 years ago...such as the cheat meal as opposed to cheat day, having some supplements, such as BCAAs, creatine, L-Glutamine, ZMA...all supps which I have learnt about and now take to enhance my training and diet.

If you're looking to lose weight it's not a quick fix diet, more a way to teach people how to eat and workout to build strong and fit bodies...chances are you might already be doing a lot of these things anyway? But if in doubt it wouldn't hurt to try it as you can workout at your own intensity and the website is full of good recipe ideas to keep you eating right!

Good luck!

Rebecca
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength"

OakExpress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OakExpress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OakExpress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OakExpress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OakExpress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OakExpress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OakExpress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OakExpress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OakExpress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OakExpress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OakExpress is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Body For Life 2002 Competitor

Originally Posted by rajeev View Post
    I'am quite intrigued as to how the participants of Body for Life programme go from Fat to Ripped in just 12 weeks. Any ideas
    I know how. They bust their butts and don't little a single detail slip. I went from 24% bf to 10% bf by applying the plan as written (and enjoying the ability to play on a men's soccer team again). I remember the 20 minute HIIT sessions. It was INTENSE!

I used Myoplex shakes (3 meals) and a few other supplements that I don't think did much. I took a fat burner for a short time but stopped.

I read the BFL book, set up my workout plans, and ate what I was supposed to. I set out with the desire to win and ended up a finalist. My entire health picture changed. I've heard people say that the BFL photos aren't real. They are! I had my first 6 pack at age 38! Woo hoo!

Since then I've moved on to BBing. It is amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it.

If I can do it.. anyone can.. you just have to want it.

Best of luck to whomever takes up the challenge.. it was life changing!
    Last edited by OakExpress; 09-19-2008 at 10:22 AM.

thanx for the replies...its been 30 days into my crusade and am seeing some changes already

jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi rajeev, just thought I'd check in to see how it's going for you. You're probably getting close to 60 days in. Hope all is well!
    Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say.
    - Colonel Nathan R. Jessep (a.k.a. Jack Nicholson), A Few Good Men