baby herc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Any Bowflex users???

I'm looking for a good leg routine for the bowflex with leg attachment and squat bar. To make a long story short check out my latest blog. Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Half of getting what you want, is knowing what you must give up to get it.

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I actually have a simple routine:

1. Pick up Bowflex and aim it at the closest dumpster.
    2. Do you realize what website you opened up an account with?!

No love here for plastic rods! (no homo)
    Last edited by HardKore79; 09-03-2008 at 02:10 PM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Thumbs down

ha ha, funny guy. I'm well aware of where i posted and just lookin for some help. I agree that it's not the best piece of equipment, give me iron any day but after just losing my job, gotta use what i got. Thanx for the tip anyway bro

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry to hear about the job, but seriously you're only going to waste calories for nothing. I say, save the calories for jobhunting and when you do land a job, save up slowly to build your gym. Start with a cheap setup first. I'm guessing you can sell the bowflex and pick up a weight bench set with weights for nothing. Sometimes, there's people on CL that will be happy for you to just pick them up for free.

Now that's some info i can use. Thanx, i never thought to look on CL. Hopefully can pawn the bowflex for something useful like you said

BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000) BulldogVTX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    While yes, you can probably sell it on Craigslist, why don't you use what you have! When you get back on your feet job wise, get back into a gym, but in the meantime, give the bowflex a shot!

Yes, it's going to feel different, and that's because it IS different! No, it's not the same as lifting barbells and dumbells, but it is resistance, which is truly what you are looking for. No, there are no powerlifting meets that feature the Bowflex, and no, there isn't a single athlete competing at the Mr. Olympia this year that got his body on a Bowflex, BUT, there are thousands of people out there that train on them every day and enjoy it!

You can do virtually any workout program from BB.com on the Bowflex. Granted the weights are goin to be different, and you won't be able to brag about it on here without getting flamed, but you should be happy about getting a workout in! Your workouts are probably goin to be faster, and you might also find that you use a lot more stabilizer muscles as a byproduct of working with the Bowflex.

As long as you are making steady progress, working the muscles, and are getting a decent sweat going, use whatever you have access to! I don't care if it's Bowflex, Wieder Home Gym, Total Gym, Pilates Reformer, Rubberbands and bouncy balls, Kettlebells, dumbells, smith machine or the standard barbell and olympic plates, the only person you have to make happy with your training regime is YOURSELF!
    My Treadmill Goes to "11"!

Why, when he can just sell his bowflex and pick up a cheap bench and weights?! He can easily pick a up a weight set for $150 including the bench. Selling the bowflex will bring in more money. There, work out like you want to and also make some much needed cash in this desperate time.

ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    Why, when he can just sell his bowflex and pick up a cheap bench and weights?! He can easily pick a up a weight set for $150 including the bench. Selling the bowflex will bring in more money. There, work out like you want to and also make some much needed cash in this desperate time.
    cuz selling the bowflex on CL aint gonna bring in a whole hell of a lot.

I say post it for sale but use it in the meantime.
    Semper Fi

He will get more than he will pay for a weight set. I'm guessing he could get rid of it for about $300. There's alot of bowflex believers out there, so I'm pretty sure someone will pick it up.

ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ElClipo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    He will get more than he will pay for a weight set. I'm guessing he could get rid of it for about $300. There's alot of bowflex believers out there, so I'm pretty sure someone will pick it up.
    I guess it would depend on the model. If its any of the lower end ones he won't get that much. By al means post it for what you think is fair though, but no need to stop working out while waiting for it to sell.
    Semper Fi

chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There are an awful lot of Bowflex machines out there on CL and the people scouring the ads know this and they aren't going to pay that much. I think the Bowflex is fine for general fitness.
    Team Kelei

da bears, cubs, bulls

MAGA

shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500) shaggybarracks is not very helpful. (-500)
    chuck norris wants you to get a total gym

phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a bowflex xtl, 3lbs to 65lbs dumbells in 5 lb increments, bench, olympic weights and adjustable standalone bench.

I do use the bowflex for stuff I cant do with the weights like pull downs, tri extensions etc. I don't use it for everything though. As soon as I get a smith machine with lat pull down bar the bowflex is going bye bye but what I'm trying to say is use it in the mean time. Craigs list is where I get all my used equipment for cheap. Just gotta haggle people.

pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100)
    LOL the usual close-minded BB pinheads. A bowflex will build muscle if the right exercises are used and the work's done, just as with weights. I've been lifting weights for decades, and also have used a bow. Equally effective, and a lot safer than most home gym options when there's no spotter.

Most of the dweebs who criticize a bow cannot max. out on it for most exercises when there's 410 lb. resistance loaded, so if you can't max out on it the last laugh's on you, not the machine.
    Last edited by pumpster; 09-10-2008 at 05:40 AM.

Originally Posted by pumpster View Post
    LOL the usual close-minded BB pinheads. A bowflex will build muscle if the right exercises are used and the work's done, just as with weights. I've been lifting weights for decades, and also have used a bow. Equally effective, and a lot safer than most home gym options when there's no spotter.

Most of the dweebs who criticize a bow cannot max. out on it for most exercises when there's 410 lb. resistance loaded, so if you can't max out on it the last laugh's on you, not the machine.
    I'm pretty sure if you can do 410lb on bowflex, sure enough you'll be able to do that in free weights also! You definetly are not getting all the fuzz, but there's alot like yourself out there that waste their money on stupid **** like that.

jjester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jjester has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have a bowflex xtreme 2, I use it in combination with my parabody rack/free weight. You surely cannot do 400lbs on a free weight set up just because you can on a bowflex. However it has its place, I do the leg extension, calf raises, hip extensions and tons more on mine. I really like my bowflex and would not get rid of it.
    Those Afraid of Pain, will never know Glory

RESPECT, Its a hands on kind of lesson

A diamond is coal that never gave up

jester molesterus africanus
    roman legionaires

AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000)

200lbs on a bowflex is not equal to 200lbs in iron.

phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phillie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 different types of resistance.

AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by phillie View Post
    2 different types of resistance.
    Yes, one type if inferior to the other.

Originally Posted by AaronCF View Post
    Right on! Gayflex FTL!

CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have the Extreme 2. I really don't like it.
    I've recently returned to the gym and gone back to a more traditional work out.

However, with that being said, the bowflex DOES have a few things I like.

OP, you mentioned legs. I think leg extensions and ham curls are fine on the bowflex. I like them.

Squats with the bowflex are terrible for me.

Lat pulls on the bowflex are great for me. But the other upper body exercises are no good for me.

All I know is I have to work VERY hard at making the bowflex 'work'.

Good luck.
    R.I.P. Hector Bluntz
    I am sex yor butt.
    Sick Duck Crew.
    Stroke crew
    Mortal Enema Crew.
    Intent to penetrate Crew.
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kitchen-Dining-Potholders/zgbs/kitchen/678537011

pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100) pumpster is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm pretty sure if you can do 410lb on bowflex, sure enough you'll be able to do that in free weights also! You definetly are not getting all the fuzz, but there's alot like yourself out there that waste their money on stupid **** like that.
    Your poor grammar matches the weak logic. Another classic example of what i'm talking 'bout. Dumb comeback. Next LOL

josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I actually have a simple routine:

1. Pick up Bowflex and aim it at the closest dumpster.
    2. Do you realize what website you opened up an account with?!

No love here for plastic rods! (no homo)
    This is the funniest thing i've read all week =DD

I agree, get rid of that thign as fast as you can. Craigslist will work if the dumpster is a little too extreme =P

Your poor grammar matches the weak logic. Another classic example of what i'm talking 'bout. Dumb comeback. Next LOL
    R U JUDGING MY MUTHAFUKA GRAMA FOOL?

Seriuosly, though! Are you in for a pissing contest, because there's a long line?! And I might have not the best grammar, but I'm not here to win a motherfukin writting contest. Those days are over for me.

P.S. The description on your red skittles matches your personality just fine.
    Last edited by HardKore79; 09-11-2008 at 04:24 PM.

200lbs on a bowflex is not equal to 200lbs in iron.
    Once again mindless. It doesn't really matter whether a machine OR a bow feels like 200 lb. of free weights. All that matters is RELATIVE IMPROVEMENT on any form of resistance, being able to move 200 lb. in week one, 220 lb. in week three = improvement. DUH
    Last edited by pumpster; 09-12-2008 at 01:59 AM.

Originally Posted by josephhkim View Post
    This is the funniest thing i've read all week =DD

I agree, get rid of that thign as fast as you can. Craigslist will work if the dumpster is a little too extreme =P
    The funniest thing is that these clowns still don't comprehend that resistance is resistance bwahaahahahaha classic BB pinheadz.

Listen up geniuses: when you can do most of your lifts with 410 for reps on a bow, you're ready to throw it out, OTHERWISE YOU NEED TO WORK HARDER.
    Last edited by pumpster; 09-12-2008 at 02:03 AM.

When you can do 15 strict reps on bench press, pulldowns or curls on a bow with 400 you can say that, not sooner. I'M PRETTY SURE YOU CAN'T SO GET TO WORK LOL
    Last edited by pumpster; 09-12-2008 at 02:02 AM.

Why are you being such a damn troll?! Keep working out with your overpriced piece of equipment, which by the way did a good job at infomercials to try to get your money. If you're more towards "fitness" and not improving your body by much, than by all means continue to use it. If you are trying to pack on muscle, good luck with it. You're going to need it!

P.S. If you were so smart, you would have figured out that this forum has this little feature called Multi-Quote.

The funniest thing is that these clowns still don't comprehend that resistance is resistance bwahaahahahaha classic BB pinheadz.

Listen up geniuses: when you can do most of your lifts with 410 for reps on a bow, you're ready to throw it out, OTHERWISE YOU NEED TO WORK HARDER.
    Nice grammar skills there plumper! No need to be a damn hypocrite.