Location: in a cave painting symbols on the walls for aliens to find when they take over the world
    <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Rant: Tired of being the Motivator

Yes this is a rant. So deal with it.

In my 6year history of working out ive only found ONLY one workout partner that has kept me equally motivated as i have him. We have equally pushed each other to reach goals we thought were impossible and kept each showing up at the gym on days we felt we didnt want to.

Seeing that I dont live near that workout partner anymore and wont for the next couple years i have been striking out with GOOD workout partners. They come to me saying there motivated and told them straight out that I dont want a cheesey workout partner thats always going to bail on me. But it seems to happen everytime.

Hes motivated for the first 2 weeks then he starts getting lazy, canceling working out that day and when we get to the gym he gets "tired" quickly and wants to leave.

After a while in turns me into motivating him to go to the gym or to push himself harder making me almost the " trainer" in the situation instead of the equal workout partner.

You might say why mess with a workout partner? In turn i almost agree but i think its almost needed especially when going for 1RM or pushing urself for help sets. I also hate having to be that guy that acts for a spot from a random person because i know myself i hate being asked to spot when im focusing on my next set and workout. And once you say yes, they keep coming back. Also asking for a spot could be dangerous since you dont know if he can properly spot you.

All in all i guess ill wrap this up

P.S. hate planning a heavy bench day and founding out your workout partner is going to bail and you cant lift as heavy as you want to go.
    Max Raw Lifts: 1065lbs

Bench: 325
    Deadlift: 365
    Squat: 375

If u rep me and i like u enough, i will print your name on the cave wall for the aliens to find.....then maybe they will think u were an important person............

Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savageous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm with you, man.

So much so that I don't even bother with a workout partner anymore. More or less, I believe it's because I workout a little too early. I'm in the gym at about 430 to 5 every morning and when people are interested in working out with me - as soon as I tell them what time I workout, I get the "Who the fukk are you kidding??" look. That's okay. I'll stay big. You can stay small.

I've actually grown very fond of working out on my own. I motivate myself just by picturing the lift. I think of what my face will look like when I'm in the prime of the lift, getting ready to toss it up. I'll walk around and clap. Wave my arms getting amped. I don't care. The way I see it, it's my workout. I'll do what I have to do to get motivated. You do what you have to do.

Without a partner I don't have to worry about what time he'll show up. Or what time he has to be gone by. Or what exercises he'd rather do or not do. Nope. None of that ****.

It's all me. All the time. Good things!!

(Hope you don't mind me joining in your rant! Peace, bro.)
    All business.

Location: in a cave painting symbols on the walls for aliens to find when they take over the world
    <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Savageous View Post
    I'm with you, man.

So much so that I don't even bother with a workout partner anymore. More or less, I believe it's because I workout a little too early. I'm in the gym at about 430 to 5 every morning and when people are interested in working out with me - as soon as I tell them what time I workout, I get the "Who the fukk are you kidding??" look. That's okay. I'll stay big. You can stay small.

I've actually grown very fond of working out on my own. I motivate myself just by picturing the lift. I think of what my face will look like when I'm in the prime of the lift, getting ready to toss it up. I'll walk around and clap. Wave my arms getting amped. I don't care. The way I see it, it's my workout. I'll do what I have to do to get motivated. You do what you have to do.

Without a partner I don't have to worry about what time he'll show up. Or what time he has to be gone by. Or what exercises he'd rather do or not do. Nope. None of that ****.

It's all me. All the time. Good things!!

(Hope you don't mind me joining in your rant! Peace, bro.)
    Love da input man.

Ya been heading that way w/out a partner for a while. Just love having the fact of a guy telling me to do one more when i feel i cant or doing extra help reps which always seem to help me reach a plateau.

But i love your thinking of motivating yourself. really helps.

peace
    Max Raw Lifts: 1065lbs

Bench: 325
    Deadlift: 365
    Squat: 375

If u rep me and i like u enough, i will print your name on the cave wall for the aliens to find.....then maybe they will think u were an important person............