bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Costco Peanut Butter

so i was buying peanut butter at costco and noticed they had 2 different kinds for around the same price. one was jif and the other was kirkland which was organic but you got less.

i checked the nutritional info on both of them and they were about the same. is the organic any better for you? obviously jif is the better deal since you get more.

mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, there is very little difference in the two, but if I'm not mistaken the Jif will be more processed (meaning a blend of fats, like added palm oil or hydrogenated fats), and will contain a measure of sugar.

The organic is likely to have just peanuts as an ingredient, perhaps salt. My vote is for this one...unsalted, preferably.

Whether or not organic is "better" for you is a matter of debate, but there is some advice out there that indicates if you are going to buy natural peanut butter organics would be a better choice.

Example: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/1...to-go-organic/

ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bmk6 View Post
    so i was buying peanut butter at costco and noticed they had 2 different kinds for around the same price. one was jif and the other was kirkland which was organic but you got less.

i checked the nutritional info on both of them and they were about the same. is the organic any better for you? obviously jif is the better deal since you get more.
    I personally use Skippy (from costco), its cheaper and I get more. Its funny when people tell me that Jiffy has so much more sugar that natural peanut butter when its not that drastic. Laura Scudders is 2 tbsp 1.5g sugar and Skippy is 2 tbsp 3g sugar. Now if you are eating a jar per meal then maybe you got some issues.
    Chuck Rudolph MEd, RD
    Director of Research & Development
    Scivation/PrimaForce
    www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Sport Dietitian
    The Cutting Edge Athletics/Lake Forest, CA
    Jab - Mixed Martial Arts & Pure Fitness (Hong Kong), Velocity Athletic Training (Irvine CA)

Nutrition Coach
    Renaissance Club Sport/Aliso Viejo, CA

gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ChuckRD View Post
    I personally use Skippy (from costco), its cheaper and I get more. Its funny when people tell me that Jiffy has so much more sugar that natural peanut butter when its not that drastic. Laura Scudders is 2 tbsp 1.5g sugar and Skippy is 2 tbsp 3g sugar. Now if you are eating a jar per meal then maybe you got some issues.
    i can get skippy natural at wal-mart or jif regular at sam's club, both pretty much same
    180lb
    Squat: 465
    Bench: 305
    Deadlift: 545

bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bmk6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sounds like i should just get the jif peanut butter, the natural doesnt seem to be worth the extra money.

pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it is if you value taste

(imho)

Originally Posted by pecan View Post
    it is if you value taste

(imho)
    ill have to try the natural, i bought some from costco the other day but waiting my my last jar to run out. ive been eating jif my whole life though.

DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If moneys not an issue id say go with natural or organic but if your tight on money JIF wont make that much of a differance.
    Instagram: instagram.com/zackfeeney
    Snapchat: DTrulez616