Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Get Diesel Or Die Trying Younglifter16's Avatar
    Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fitnecise View Post
    Depression can actually be very beneficial, allowing you to see your true needs as a human. It also generally makes people able to cope better in the future to trauma.

very interesting, and after going through some bad anxiety (with some depression on/off along the way), I could definatly agree.

lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbarber4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

This always makes me laugh... Any who...

7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000) 7Happy7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    low carb can lead to lack of serotinion. I would go back to a normal diet first. Wait a bit, and see what happens.
    "Nothing is more painful to the human mind than, after the feelings have been worked up by a quick succession of events, the dead calmness of inaction and certainity which follows and deprives the soul both of hope and fear." - Mary Shelly

"Self-pity is easily the most destructive of the nonpharmaceutical narcotics; it is addictive, gives momentary pleasure and separates the victim from reality." - John W. Gardner

alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lbarber4 View Post
    This always makes me laugh... Any who...
    WTF did I just watch?

Leads me into having to post this...
    Originally Posted by Napoleon Hill - Essay On Life
    ESSAY ON LIFE
    Life, you cannot subdue me because I refuse to take your discipline too seriously.
    When you try to hurt me, I laugh-and the laughter knows no pain. I appreciate your joys
    wherever I find them; your sorrows neither frighten nor discourage me, for there is
    laughter in my soul.
    Temporary defeat does not make me sad. I simply set music to the words of
    defeat and turn it into a song. Your tears are not for me, for I like laughter much better,
    and because I like it, I use it as a substitute for grief and sorrow and pain and
    disappointment.
    Life, you are a fickle trickster-don't deny it. You slipped the emotion of love into
    my heart so that you might use it as a thorn with which to prick my soul-but I learned to
    dodge your trap with laughter. You tried to lure me with the desire for gold, but I have
    fooled you by following the trail which leads to knowledge instead. You induced me to
    build beautiful friendships-then converted my friends to enemies so you may harden my
    heart, but I sidestepped your figure on this by laughing off your attempts and selecting
    new friends in my own way.
    You caused men to cheat me at trade so I will become distrustful, but I won again
    because I possess one precious asset which no man can steal-it is the power to think
    my own thoughts and to be myself. You threaten me with death, but to me death is
    nothing worse than a long peaceful sleep, and sleep is the sweetest of human
    experiences-excepting laughter. You build a fire of hope in my heart, then sprinkle
    water on the flames, but I can go you one better by rekindling the fire-and I laugh at you
    once more.
    You have nothing that can lure me away from laughter, and you are powerless to
    scare me into submission. To a life of laughter, then, I raise my cup of cheer!
    alka8

Rambo1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude, depression sucks and although I don't have it, I suffer from some anxiety. Just one day this sh!t started and it's been hell trying to shake it. There is no simple solution; medication f**ks you up more than anadrol inside your body and does absolutely nothing for you. Despite what all of these shrinks say about prescribing your medication it's all bs; YOU have to stop it. If you don't stop it yourself you'll be a guinea pig testing all these meds to feel 100% better, but in reality, there's no such thing. I think it is your diet and possibly the supplements you're taking. Maybe you're just having a few bad days, but on the other hand you should take your supplements and have a doctor examine them to see if there's an ingredient in there that f*cks with your brain. I suggest eating 35-40% healthy carbs in your diet. Best of luck.
    Animal Pump Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108355431

GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nothing is wrong with antidepressants for those of us who have to take them. With me, I have a confirmed chemcial imbalance due to a very stupid decision I made to take an hallucinogen (philocybin) in my teens. This chemical altered my brain, for how long I do not know but its been 10 years since then and ive been suffering from panic disorder. It's my guess and my Dr.'s/Psychiatrist opinion that my amygdyla is now sensitive and/or overactive so an antideppresant with the chemical make up in Lexapro has allowed me to lead a functional life.

The medication I am on now has in no way effected my bodybuilding to date. Based on the longevity of their use in my life and first hand expierence I do not see it handicaping my abilitys and/or genetic potential but rather promoting my abilitys.

I am aware every body is different and this is speaking for myself. The bottem line is if you feel depressed and its been quite some time in your life where youve been like this, you yourself, may just have an imbalance like so many others.

Proper diagnosis is key .

Always get a second opinion.
    Last edited by GAMEOVER-; 06-01-2008 at 10:35 PM.

RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Adding tryptophan

I know your original post asked what supps should you ditch, but have you considered adding tryptophan? It is a precursor to serotonin and even better it's completely natural.

You should feel an effect quickly. It's best to take it on an empty stomach with b vitamins and some juice. Try 1 or 2 grams , 3 times a day.

superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fitnecise View Post
    Good advice.

Clinical depression usually subsides on its own within 12 months time. Depression can actually be very beneficial, allowing you to see your true needs as a human. It also generally makes people able to cope better in the future to trauma.

Most people think it is some Western disease, however the evidence suggests it is a universal human phenomenon. Which means blocking it is not good.

You just have to understand it and yield the results for the better.
    Just my opinion here and no offense but, you're clearly someone who has never suffered from depression and I think the fact that people post things like that^^^^ is wrong.

To the OP, I STRONGLY recommend AGAINST the use of antidepressants

Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by superyeti View Post
    Just my opinion here and no offense but, you're clearly someone who has never suffered from depression and I think the fact that people post things like that^^^^ is wrong.

To the OP, I STRONGLY recommend AGAINST the use of antidepressants
    the dude is a smart science major. Depression runs in my family, I get it a couple times a year and I agree with the statement.
    "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It is the ATD. Cycle off of it, let your normal estrogen and hormonal levels resume and you'll probably start to feel better very soon after.

Some people don't respond well mentally to low estrogen (or AI's in general).
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000) superyeti is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by zachattack43 View Post
    the dude is a smart science major. Depression runs in my family, I get it a couple times a year and I agree with the statement.
    I think what your referring to is seasonal depression, which is completely different than someone who is chronically depressed(no hate) but seeing as how I was slightly off topic since my first post I digress.

GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50) GAMEOVER- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It would be nice to see someone give a real reason as to why they're so strong against antidepresants. Alot of them chemically will hinder your bodybuilding goals in no way . Wellbutrin for example.

Im on Lexapro and im aware of possible minor stuff happening but guess what? My stats are shooting up consistantly, my T levels are better then good, and my life has taken a turn for the better because of there use. Im on some other stuff as well yet still my body is showing postive results.

Suboxone
    Lexapro
    Remeron

Two of those three have been "said" to lower T levels possibly yet since I got back into the game, while on these meds, and NO T boosters what-so-ever my T has rose. Id say close to 0 people in this thread have any real chemistry expierence, and not one reply to this thread including mine should swing you in either direction.

Bottem Line- Go see your doc . Then get a second opinion. /thread

RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RexHead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have been in treatment for depression for 15 years. Some things I have learned along the way that I wish I would have known in the beginning

- Find a good therapist. Someone you can trust and say anything to. You can't cure depression with medicine alone.

- Find a good psychiatrist. This can be hard. In the states I have lived in there seem to always be a shortage. You should ask around.

- The therapist and the psychiatrist need to talk. You'd be amazed at the insite the therapist has for psychiatrist.

- Don't use your family doctor as your psychiatrist. They have great intentions but it's not their specialty.

- Don't be afraid to say "no". Ask about the sides effects of the medicine and be upfront about your tolerance for the sides.

- Find a good 24/7 counceling phone number. They are in the phone book. They are usually run by volunteers but just having someone to talk with can save your life.

ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ditch any stimulants or products that may contain caffeine. Stay off them for 2-4 weeks and see if there is any difference in your attitude.

kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ok there have been ALOT of good points on this thread -- I have suffered from despression on and off for like 3 or 4 years and yes I know I'm yound but that does not affect brain chemistry + drugs. There are 2 causes of depression:

- Drug induced (marijauna, novedex, AIs, etc) despression which may be descreased by some sort of medication
    - Environmental depression that will not be fixed by anti-depressants, but emotional stress can be helped by them

Anti-depressants should only be taken by people with consistant depression that has affected someone for at least 6 months or people with on-going environmental issues - eg. extreme family breakdown over a period of time, extreme relationship breakdown over a period of time (eg. marriage gone wrong) and even in these cases they should only be precribed if the depression is on-going. People have to come to terms with some things - death, breakups, etc. - and using a mind/mood-altering substance is not going to cause a realization, if anything it will cause someone to not care about it and never fully move on. Because on-going/real depression is a chemical imbalance or more-so the nerves reuptaking too much seretonin too quickly and leaves none to transport mood messages (hence SSRIs Selective Seretinon Reuptake Inhibitors)

But in your situation where it is most DEFINATLY short term and caused by a particular substance - THE ANSWER - if you insist on continuing supplementation (this is also the answer for people carb cycling and things of the sort that are causing short term depression)...

5HTP

Trophyphan(sp?) - it is a precursor to Seretonin therefore providing extra Seretonin for the body to use for whatever it needs to be used for. It does not elevate mood in any other way besides lift the depression feeling, can be used as need, and requires no precription. After starting on a range of supplements I find myself very easily aggitated in the evenings after a WO and slightly despressed, I have 1 5HTP and within an hour I felt normal again - I dont feeling sloppy all over the place, no depersionalization, just feel like I should. Guess what? 5HTP has also been shown to be MORE EFFECTIVE than anti-depressants in curing/relieving depression and if you ask a doctor about 5HTP they will tell you it is an alternative to antis. It's natural and it works and I stand by it after trying many different antis over the years including but not limited to Lexapro (anti-depressant/anti-aniexty) & Luvox/Fluvotine (anti-depressant/anti-OCD). I've also had ***** (anti-aniexty) and currently got ****** (anti-aniexty but aint used any yet cept for one cause had to try it out lol). Anti-As are a must if your into MDMA But stims cause a range of other probs not limited to depression and aniexty and once you pop you cant stop - so dont start

But seriously - Go out and get some 5HTP and if they are 100mg caps tip half down the drain and make it 50mg or 75mg and try that for a week (have them every other day) then try a full 100mg cap. After you feel it helping ya - which is within 45minutes of taking it - you can begin to gage a feeling over a course of 2 weeks or so for when they'll help you, how much you need, etc. This is seriously the answer to your problem.

Short-term/drug induced depression = need for 5HTP or you to revert to what you where doing previously (not taking supps)

I would go search google for those studies I read about but I've already put about 20 minutes into this post, hope you find it useful. Good luck!
    http://bbaus.pbwiki.com/
    Bodybuilding Australia / FrontPage

Your donation could free those that suffer from diabetes. Help make this a better world for all.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108517271

Owe Reps to:
    UNCfan1
    aussie86 (until he's all the way back in the green :))

RePz 4 LyFe:
    tyler-durden
    Glowstix

kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RexHead View Post
    I have been in treatment for depression for 15 years. Some things I have learned along the way that I wish I would have known in the beginning

- Find a good therapist. Someone you can trust and say anything to. You can't cure depression with medicine alone.

- Find a good psychiatrist. This can be hard. In the states I have lived in there seem to always be a shortage. You should ask around.

- The therapist and the psychiatrist need to talk. You'd be amazed at the insite the therapist has for psychiatrist.

- Don't use your family doctor as your psychiatrist. They have great intentions but it's not their specialty.

- Don't be afraid to say "no". Ask about the sides effects of the medicine and be upfront about your tolerance for the sides.

- Find a good 24/7 counceling phone number. They are in the phone book. They are usually run by volunteers but just having someone to talk with can save your life.
    Anti-depressants have soooooooooooooo many side effects - the worst one that I've experienced is depersonalization - all of a sudden you have no personality, things are fun, but haha wow fun - you are happy but not really happy - in which case if you weren't on antis you would be like dude this is boring **** lets go 'whatever you like doing'... 'roll a phat splif' j/k j/k . IMExperenice 5HTP has no side effects. Roll with 5HTP.

Your donation could free those that suffer from diabetes. Help make this a better world for all.

Owe Reps to:
    UNCfan1

RePz 4 LyFe:
    tyler-durden
    Glowstix

You can also find Tryptophan in Liver tablets. I use Universals Uni-Liver, I take about 6x per meal now not too mention how cost effective they are. The Tryptophan in the products are naturally occuring and unadded. How much if at all it well help I dont know. I feel great on them regardless.

www.thehealthygamer.com AntiGlobalist's Avatar
    AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Supps wise it'd be Novedex XT out of that list. I've taken ATD before and it killed my libido/mood way harder then any cycle of PH I've ever done.

If you've been cutting hardcore and lifting hard you could just be very fatigued. I know I felt ****ing fantastic when I carbed up last weekend, motivated, happy, energetic. After a few days with no carbs, 500 cal deficite, and 2 hour cardio sessions I really have no motivation to do... anything.

I'd try upping the calories for a bit, going to bed early, and stopping the Novedex.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyJacksChannel
    http://www.TheHealthyGamer.com

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

bbh90 is just really nice. (+1000) bbh90 is just really nice. (+1000) bbh90 is just really nice. (+1000) bbh90 is just really nice. (+1000) bbh90 is just really nice. (+1000) bbh90 is just really nice. (+1000) bbh90 is just really nice. (+1000) bbh90 is just really nice. (+1000) bbh90 is just really nice. (+1000) bbh90 is just really nice. (+1000) bbh90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by theoriginal View Post
    I have become increasingly depressed over the last few months to the point where I now plan to see the doctor and get some kind of anti-depressant medication.

I have been on a strict cutting diet for several months now and I feel like that may be a factor. I've been carb cycling but probably not cycling in carbs enough or in sufficient amounts.

As for supplements, I have been using Lean Xtreme, Novedex XT, and Xtend for about one month now. From what I've read AI's can lead to depression and BCAA's can afffect depresion by competing w/ tryptophan.

Should I be tossing these out for awhile?
    i did not read the recent posts so idk if im repeating information already given

but cutting wil make a huge impact on your sense of well being and could cause depression

whats more important to you your well being or being cut?

im guessing right now you just want to feel better get on a regular diet and eat your carbs and all other food sources i reallly dont not like cutting for a while i was on a high protien diet with very few carbs for like a year before i new about good nutrition all i new was that protien is good for gaining so all i ate was protien

it really made a differnce for me way less energy not getting very excited for anything basically i had begining signs if depression but not to bad

you need to get all your food in

second yes novedex xt may cause possibly depression i would say its more your diet but maybe you dont react well to it and it supresses estrogen which can lower libido and every guy loses confidence and doesnt feel good in general when he thinks he cant perform

i would say get off all sups expect protien multi fish oil

then make sure your running

running is a great way to deal with stress and other issues

i would say take a week off from the gym for all you no you could be overtraining its very common for ppl that are cutting and overtraining can cause depression and low test low libido

get these things in order and i think you will start to feel better

if something traumatizing has happened recently something i recently read in here is to meditate i no it sounds stuiped but it works

close your eyes relax and think about what is bothering you ask yourself why it is bothering and look at the reality of it ask yourself whatever it is thats bothering you and i think the aswere will come to you it works for me and a good amount of others

give it a try

good luck
    i rep back

Lefticle my b1tch

Tonic Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132307753

Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GAMEOVER- View Post
    You can also find Tryptophan in Liver tablets. I use Universals Uni-Liver, I take about 6x per meal now not too mention how cost effective they are. The Tryptophan in the products are naturally occuring and unadded. How much if at all it well help I dont know. I feel great on them regardless.
    guess you never saw the dudes experiment where he tested 4 liver tabs and found out Uni-liver hardly even broke down in the solution of the same PH level as our stomach.
    "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alka8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GAMEOVER- View Post
    That's awesome!! Thanks for that post. I have uni-liver myself, and just take it here and there, not really regularly. I am going to start taking it more often because of your post. Repped.
    alka8

Originally Posted by alka8 View Post
    That's awesome!! Thanks for that post. I have uni-liver myself, and just take it here and there, not really regularly. I am going to start taking it more often because of your post. Repped.
    Didn't someone also reckon that liver (refering to the liver pill in Animal Pak) is toxic by-products and putting some of it into a pill is idiocy?

I also read that post on pills and how well they disolve. Quite interesting.

I personally throw my liver pill straight into the bin each day due to both those pieces of information, I might take one every couple of days. JMO

Owe Reps to:
    UNCfan1

RePz 4 LyFe:
    tyler-durden
    Glowstix

Originally Posted by alka8 View Post
    I don't mean to disrespect, but I always wonder about possible "gene pool contamination" with medicine. I can't wait for genetics to get to a point where we are bread as perfect humans, with no "disorders" and no "imbalances" so we don't have to use medications... which are abused / overused currently.
    Bit off thopic - dude gene-tampering would creating so many unforeseen consequences. We were made this way for a reason and this is how God ment for us to be. If we start f*ckin with our design we could take a Panadol and grow a 3rd arm or something. Seen that new movie 'Legend' with Will Smith in it. That could really happen!! And if technology devolps to f*ck with genes imagine if the taliban got ahold of that **** - what if that put a gene bomb on one of the planes on Sep 11th. We would all be mutated zombies hiding in the dark corners!

Dudeeeeeee

Owe Reps to:
    UNCfan1

RePz 4 LyFe:
    tyler-durden
    Glowstix

xpunksurferx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpunksurferx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpunksurferx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpunksurferx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpunksurferx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpunksurferx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpunksurferx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpunksurferx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpunksurferx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpunksurferx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xpunksurferx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    anti-depressant medication is NOT the answer.

I have taken lexapro and other anti ds and wanna know the verdict?

I think they are more placebo then anything........

imho i think all they do is cause people to be dependent on something to make them feel better

op i really think a cutting diet has a lot to do with depression.... i get down in the dumpss whenever i am eating under maintenence

training will help

Big is out, Greek is in Outside backer's Avatar
    Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    man look at what society has become

when the going get tough medicate

ive spoken my piece more then once on this board about how much of a medicated society we have become

Tons of kids on anti-d's like thier candy

ritalin ADD a pill for everything i assume

Originally Posted by kstevo View Post
    Bit off thopic - dude gene-tampering would creating so many unforeseen consequences. We were made this way for a reason and this is how God ment for us to be. If we start f*ckin with our design we could take a Panadol and grow a 3rd arm or something. Seen that new movie 'Legend' with Will Smith in it. That could really happen!! And if technology devolps to f*ck with genes imagine if the taliban got ahold of that **** - what if that put a gene bomb on one of the planes on Sep 11th. We would all be mutated zombies hiding in the dark corners!

Dudeeeeeee
    Are you shroomin? LOL

I know what you mean, but at the same time maybe God wanted us to tamper with our own genes. We are a creation of God, and we are going to expand ourselves. That is our purpose.. expansion and evolution. To say that we will stay the SAME, FOREVER, is hogwash. So if nature itself (through mutation, ETC) is mutating, and we are part of nature, it's only next sequentially to alter ourselves (which, esp here on bb.com, we should realize this).

The real reason I stated this, was because of this:
    Originally Posted by Outside backer View Post
    man look at what society has become

when the going get tough medicate

ive spoken my piece more then once on this board about how much of a medicated society we have become

Tons of kids on anti-d's like thier candy

ritalin ADD a pill for everything i assume
    alka8

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As for supplements, I have been using Lean Xtreme, Novedex XT, and Xtend for about one month now. From what I've read AI's can lead to depression and BCAA's can afffect depresion by competing w/ tryptophan.

yes, you should.

MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have become increasingly depressed over the last few months to the point where I now plan to see the doctor and get some kind of anti-depressant medication.

I have been on a strict cutting diet for several months now and I feel like that may be a factor. I've been carb cycling but probably not cycling in carbs enough or in sufficient amounts.

Supplements

To be on the safe side you would probably be better off cutting out these supplements you suspect may affect depression. At the end of the day, believe it or not, your not going to gain any great benefit with the use of supplements. Even if you done everything perfect and used supplements like they should be used, the benefit would be 95% motivation and placebo (psychological). Which may leave a 2-5% performance and muscle building enhancement if you use the right supplements in the right conditions/circumstances. Reading this thread sounds like this Novedex may cause, contribute, trigger or intensify the depressive state. You definitely don't need xtend or BCAAs, and you definitely don't need fat burners. Even fat burners with the caffeine in them may increase or even induce anxiety in people that have never experienced it before.

Carbs

Cutting carbs is not at all needed to get cut. You can slightly reduce carbs or cut them out after dinner, but cutting them out or way down or cycling is not required. For a start your restricting your body and brain of vital nutrients and energy. Your also missing out on some extra flavors and variety. If you wanna loose some weight just focus on a balanced diet, cardio and plenty of water. The main thing is to reduce total calories than what you burn, thats how fat lose works!. For a start, science says you should never dip below 130g/day. This is the DRI based on the brains glucose needs alone. But if your goal is progressive exercise with strength increases or endurance you would need more than that. People overestimate protein needs set by supplement companies and pro athletes who have a greater uptake of protein due to anabolics which increased protein synthesis. Its basically sales tacktics, brainwashing, misinformation and paranoia due to the obsession of not loosing muscle. For 95% of us we dont need to obsess about this. A balanced diet promotes good health and well being, exercise performance, recovery and growth. Thats something you want and can maintain for the rest of your life. And thats how you feel better and look better.

Anti-depressants

Anti depressants can and do work well for a lot of people. But, new studies show that antidepressants have found to be no better than placebo. The conclusion of the doctors large scale finding was that anti depressants work best in those with clinical depression and actually have a brain chemistry problem. They also encouraged people to not stop using them before seeking medical advise.

Alternative treatment

Alternatively you can try st johns wart which I have used and worked really well. There are about 20 studys shown to prove SJW to be as effective or better that prescription medication with less side effects. I tried 5htp as well and found a combination of the two worked well at first but the 5htp was making me sleepy so I used it as a sleep aid at night. I didnt feel 5htp worked after a short while apart from sleep. If you do get 5htp get the 50mg caps. I have no experience with SAMe, I hear its good but very expensive. People with depression are also shown to be deficient in vitamin B. Therefore a B complex stress formula isnt a bad idea.

Id recommend, SJW with the same type of extract that was used in clinical studies. The main thing is the hyperforin level. I tried two brands and found one was more suitable that the other. So Id recommend SJW and a B complex daily.

Exercise

Holly smokes... People don't realize what exercise can do for you. Exercise alone I think is the best anti depressant. The only thing is it takes effort and you have to do it consistently. Iv been hitting the bike daily for a good distance and in only days im feeling fantastic. Not only that but my brain functions better. Do any type of exercise that you enjoy or can get to enjoy, that raises your heart rate for at least 30 minutes 4-5 times a week. The trick is to breath deep through your nose to fill your lungs and out your mouth the entire time. That my friends supply's a **** load of oxygen to the brain, and this type of exercise especially later when you get into it and get fitter and can get you heart rate up to a steady exercise pace that releases natural endorphins and adrenalin. Doing this can eliminate drug use and is said by ice addicts to be the same feeling they get when they have an injected hit. Im not exaggerating how good exercise can make you feel in a short amount of time. Start off with low intensity and work your way up. If your doing it right it will work.

But this is all psysiological

Depression is a mental state. Its your thoughts and the way you see things. Therefore this is where you take real care of things. You can change you physiology so you feel better with a pill, and that will put a temporary band aid on. But the mental side is where you get to the cause. Counseling alone is often recommended.

Things to consider

Eliminate anything that may affect depression which includes drugs, alcohol, certain nootropics, supplements or what ever. Smoking Marijuana on and off will not help. Doing this may lead to a constant state of anxiety, withdrawl and depression.

Consider environmental and circumstantial factors and how they effect you, your well being and psych.

Do you have goals, do you know what you want in life ?

Can your relationships be better ?

Can you be a better communicator ?

Considered counseling/shrink ?

Are you positive or do you live in a constant state of negativity ?

What do you tell yourself ? Telling yourself your feeling depressed or have depression can make it worse and prolong it. Focus on being happy and doing little things that make you happy.

How is your self esteem ?

Do you love yourself ?

Do you respect yourself ?

Do you have dignity ?

Do you practice assertion ?

Do you need to get out more ?

Do you work too much ?

Do you get enough sleep ?

Do you eat a balanced diet ?

Do you have any deficiency's ?

Is some substance, legal or illegal effecting your mental state or life in general ? People that like a particular substance (supplement, drug, what ever.. ) will defend against it if they don't wanna stop. In this case ask your self is it possible that this may cause something to someone else ? If the answer is yes, then that person could be you. 9 out of 10 cant see it and wont admit it.

Can you be more giving ?

What are a few things you can start doing now which will make a big difference in your life. Stick with it. It could be giving something up or taking something positive up.

Do you have balance in your life ?

Do you smile ? Do you laugh ? Do more of it. If you cant, fake it with sincererty and you will still get the benefit.

Do you see the lighter side of things ?

Do you let yourself get angry ?

Can you see things from another persons point of view ?

Can you put yourself in the other persons shoes and see things from where there standing ?

Are you grateful ? If not, start being grateful immediately and get happy about. The list of things you could be grateful of could be huge, like your health, your body, your mind (you have no disorders right ?), the people you love and that love you, the food you eat, the money you have, the roof over your head, the car you drive (****box or super car, it doesnt matter), your talents, your gifts, your opportunities, memories, the country you live in , the day and age we live in, your freedoms, the good times, the fact that you have a computer and access to this forum and the wealth of information and resources you have available to you on the net, the fact that you have eyes to see all the beautiful things, and legs to take you there, its things like these that we take for granted. Its said that the secret to happiness is GRATITUDE.So start being grateful for everything in your life. Think to yourself, "if I could be grateful, what could I be grateful of"

Start the day in a good way

Tomorrow when you wake up, as soon as you wake up, smile, and think of everything your grateful for. Put some music on that you really like (happy energizing music, not the song "one" by Metallica) and dance to the music, and feel happy for 5 minutes. Tired or not tired, this is not a chore and should be done every day. This small investment yields good returns and sets your day up positively. Otherwise do some cardio and think about all the good things, think gratitude. Then think about what you wanna do and what excites you. You have now set your day up to go well. Your mind will attract more good, more positivity and more happiness.

Hope this helps someone.

Originally Posted by kstevo View Post
    Didn't someone also reckon that liver (refering to the liver pill in Animal Pak) is toxic by-products and putting some of it into a pill is idiocy?

I also read that post on pills and how well they disolve. Quite interesting.

I personally throw my liver pill straight into the bin each day due to both those pieces of information, I might take one every couple of days. JMO
    Where in the world did you read this? I dont believe this for a second. Liver tablets such as Uni-Liver are superb natural sources of amino acids, vitamins, etc. A cattles liver is far different then a humans liver. Have you ever seen an alcoholics liver? Its enlarged and high in toxins because of the constant damage being inflicted on it. Guess what? We dont eat human livers we eat desiccated and defatted cattle liver that eat a strict grass-fed diet. Liver tabs have been around for many many years and are proven effective supplements.
    Now if you were to question the Tryptophans usefulness in these tablets I may somewhat see where your coming from as Tryptophan is known to have trouble crossing the blood brain barrier.

To those who are so against antidepressants and still havent gave any concrete reasons read all my posts to this thread, try telling me I dont need it. I in fact know I do. This may not be the case for the OP but atleast he has first hand knowledge shown to him in this thread.
    I know as americans we are over medicated to a degree but for people like me we need these medications to lead normal lives.

When it comes to me-
    Taking medicine for something I went years trying to correct on my own (through MANY avenues) and finally now leading a functional life because of a few medications that took years of trial and error to figure out on my part far outweighs me sitting around the house everyday worried when my next panic attack will strike that very day and keeping me living a semi-sedentary life in fear.

ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000)
    On a side note, I just read an article touting the benefits of Omega 3 fatty acids in the reduction of depression (given a high ratio of Omega 3 compared to Omega 6 within the body).

Put another feather in the Omega 3 hat.
    "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

"You've got more definition than a dictionary." -me

Current Ignore List (for consideration's sake :D ): Ancients, ImproperOne, A-GAME