Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Anachron View Post
    His only daughter ( who was born out of wedlock ), will not have the opportunity to pursue a higher education unless one of her uncles or something pays for it - OP has admitted to not being able to afford the basic necessities for his child (like clothing).

Lol I don't wanna rag on the guy but his response to me was that 95% of the population doesn't have a job that requires continued learning. Tells me everything I need to know. Can't think of one job I had (outside of my first few poverty jobs) where continued learning does not result in career advancement or making more money.
    Do not think that what is hard for you to master is humanly impossible; and if it is humanly possible, consider it to be within your reach.

JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    School isn't a place for smart people. If you're truly intelligent you can tech yourself what you want and need to know, there's a good reason why educated idiots are a thing.

JackyChin is a name known to all. (+5000) JackyChin is a name known to all. (+5000) JackyChin is a name known to all. (+5000) JackyChin is a name known to all. (+5000) JackyChin is a name known to all. (+5000) JackyChin is a name known to all. (+5000) JackyChin is a name known to all. (+5000) JackyChin is a name known to all. (+5000) JackyChin is a name known to all. (+5000) JackyChin is a name known to all. (+5000) JackyChin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by iamdetermined View Post
    Lol I don't wanna rag on the guy but his response to me was that 95% of the population doesn't have a job that requires continued learning. Tells me everything I need to know. Can't think of one job I had (outside of my first few poverty jobs) where continued learning does not result in career advancement or making more money.
    A lot of companies will bump your salary by a 5 digit amount the day after you receive your master's degree.

Originally Posted by JayJ350 View Post
    School isn't a place for smart people. If you're truly intelligent you can tech yourself what you want and need to know, there's a good reason why educated idiots are a thing.
    Nah that's cope. Even if you are an absolute genius you should still be going to places like Yale or MIT to associate with fellow geniuses for jobs and friends and opportunities.

eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iamdetermined View Post
    95% of people are settled into a job where continued education other than perhaps job specific courses or something provided by their job are not needed.

eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eddiehaskell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    true in a lot of cases.

Investing the difference r32gojirra's Avatar
    r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) r32gojirra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^^explains why you lack a basic understanding of economics, finance or even how markets work

You’re the type of misca to attempt dental surgery on yourself with a pair of pliers and a bottle of jack
    By reading this post you acknowledge r32gojirra is an online persona and all posts by r32gojirra are satirical in nature. Comments by r32gojirra shall not reflect on the integrity and morals of the author portraying the online character nor any professional or contractual affiliates of the author.

AP4C
    HTC
    Repped by kimm into 200kcrew crew

JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by r32gojirra View Post
    ^^^explains why you lack a basic understanding of economics, finance or even how markets work

You’re the type of misca to attempt dental surgery on yourself with a pair of pliers and a bottle of jack
    Lol @ needing to cherry pick fields where credentials are a big deal. Nobody who came up with revolutionary and groundbreaking ideas was taught what they learned and know. All the great inventors were self-taught. Can't teach innovation and new ideas, in fact today's academic scene seems to be very hostile towards thinking differently. Fall in line follower thinking has always been for the stupid and gullible. Being good at parroting what someone else told you is not a sign of intelligence.

Registered Elephant BigElephant's Avatar
    BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    95%+ people won't ever use a usable knowledge of chemistry/physics/calculus...even the vast majority that aced the classes. All forgotten "knowledge" for most and time wasted. And you can go as in depth as you prefer online...hell you can watch classes online and even buy the same books used in class if it excites you enough.
    I acknowledged your first part in my original reply. But even for an average person it would be useful to take an actual course on like chemistry, algebra, and trigonometry. If someone doesn't and just watched youtube videos as you suggest, he gets a limited slice of the full picture. It leads to people taking that one lesson as God's word without context of where it fits into the larger concepts.

I feel like this is the case with more and more people I talk to online in the past couple years, both on the Misc and especially on like Twitter and ******** and Reddit. They have a rudimentary understanding of a limited group of concepts but they try to talk on anything outside of that but still related and it becomes clear that they have no fukking idea what they are doing.
    See Krackerjacked's sig

dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I studied chemical and nuclear engineering. The hardest part is knowing what you need to know. You could go down some rabbit holes that don’t you anywhere.
    no crew crew

Originally Posted by BigElephant View Post
    I acknowledged your first part in my original reply. But even for an average person it would be useful to take an actual course on like chemistry, algebra, and trigonometry. If someone doesn't and just watched youtube videos as you suggest, he gets a limited slice of the full picture. It leads to people taking that one lesson as God's word without context of where it fits into the larger concepts.

I feel like this is the case with more and more people I talk to online in the past couple years, both on the Misc and especially on like Twitter and ******** and Reddit. They have a rudimentary understanding of a limited group of concepts but they try to talk on anything outside of that but still related and it becomes clear that they have no fukking idea what they are doing.
    i took those classes and they don't mean crap in real life other than swapping stories with other people that took those classes. and you can essentially sit in on the same classes for free online...from the ground up if you want.

ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ymer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think the time would be better spent doing more practical/hands on experience on more common tasks such as basic tradie stuff like electricity, plumbing, construction and mechanics. Also basic law and how the system works. More sports / gym would be nice as well.

Then in college you can get as deep as you want on whatever career you wanna follow.

monster0ultra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monster0ultra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monster0ultra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monster0ultra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monster0ultra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monster0ultra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monster0ultra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monster0ultra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monster0ultra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monster0ultra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) monster0ultra has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP is right. Formal education is a huge waste of time. If you're learning a specific skill like say accounting or programming, then ok fine, but the endless general education does nothing for the vast majority of people.

That being said, kids need daycare and to learn how to socialize and school does that so it's not that bad. Continuing on to college and getting your sociology or women's studies degree and racking up massive student loan debt because that's what everyone else is doing is next level retarded though.
    People make fun of blacks, Indians and Muslims all the time on this site and no one cares. I make fun of landwhales, and all these simps show up.

At least blacks, Indians and Muslims are human beings. Landwhales belong in a zoo. They aren't even human. What is there to be offended over?