Registered Pizza Brah FallOutBrah's Avatar
    FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

the best emulation device?

what is it? power, ease of use, capabilities?

also i like portability

Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I wish they made a steam deck lite or steam deck mini. To your question Anbernic has some cool emulator devices. They play mainly retro games
    Last edited by Kormo; 05-08-2024 at 11:34 AM.
    Centrist, Taoist, Buddhist, Minimalist, Stoic

Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kormo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Love my anbernic rg. I'm outside on my balcony, sun is beating down and my anbernic screen is very viewable

Centrist, Taoist, Buddhist, Minimalist, Stoic

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FallOutBrah View Post
    what is it? power, ease of use, capabilities?

also i like portability
    Define portabliity.

I take my steam deck anywhere, but I carry a gym bag around with me most places where I might potentially have time to use it on the go. It's not going to fit in your pocket or anything.

Steam Deck if that isn't a problem. If you really want something pocketable, probably some android emulation device or a jailbroken 3ds.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    steamdeck is going to be the most powerful for the money $350 new for the lowest model

if you want cheaper, the chinese emulation handheld emulation market is huge.

Anbernic / Retro Pocket / Powkiddy are some brands you can look at and figure out what form factor you want and how much power you actually need.. if you are only wanting for nes/snes/genesis/ps1 there are ton of devices under $100.. especially if you are going to only play 80s/90s era games you can even get good stuff around $50

if you are trying to run ps2, gamecube, etc you are going to need to pay more money and definitely do research on what games it can actually handle.
    *** Free Thinker Crew ***

*** Herbert The Future GOAT Crew ***

*** HTC ***

FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallOutBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Kormo View Post
    I wish they made a steam deck lite or steam deck mini. To your question Anbernic has some cool emulator devices. They play mainly retro games
    looks like a cool device. screen looks ok.

Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    Define portabliity.

I take my steam deck anywhere, but I carry a gym bag around with me most places where I might potentially have time to use it on the go. It's not going to fit in your pocket or anything.

Steam Deck if that isn't a problem. If you really want something pocketable, probably some android emulation device or a jailbroken 3ds.
    yeah the steam deck seems portable around the house, but taking it on a trip gives me pause. especially cause its not exactly subtle and I would have to be careful not to let it get stolen. idk. if it was smaller, even just a bit, it would be perfect.

it seems like you having pocketable with the power to run gamecube/ps2/xbox is a pipe dream at this point.

Originally Posted by rocketfish View Post
    steamdeck is going to be the most powerful for the money $350 new for the lowest model

if you want cheaper, the chinese emulation handheld emulation market is huge.

Anbernic / Retro Pocket / Powkiddy are some brands you can look at and figure out what form factor you want and how much power you actually need.. if you are only wanting for nes/snes/genesis/ps1 there are ton of devices under $100.. especially if you are going to only play 80s/90s era games you can even get good stuff around $50

if you are trying to run ps2, gamecube, etc you are going to need to pay more money and definitely do research on what games it can actually handle.
    gamecube, and xbox emulation is what I want. but in a nice small form factor. i guess im asking too much though lol. maybe ps2

gamecube collecting being so expensive too is whats making me consider this. and i dont have an xbox right now.

rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    looks like a cool device. screen looks ok.

yeah the steam deck seems portable around the house, but taking it on a trip gives me pause. especially cause its not exactly subtle and I would have to be careful not to let it get stolen. idk. if it was smaller, even just a bit, it would be perfect.

it seems like you having pocketable with the power to run gamecube/ps2/xbox is a pipe dream at this point.

gamecube, and xbox emulation is what I want. but in a nice small form factor. i guess im asking too much though lol. maybe ps2

gamecube collecting being so expensive too is whats making me consider this. and i dont have an xbox right now.
    odin 2, odin lite then

*** HTC ***

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rocketfish View Post
    odin 2, odin lite then
    I have heard nothing but rave reviews for the Odin 2 (and before it, the Odin). I almost ordered the Loki back in the day but ended up getting my original Steam Deck early enough to cancel the order (at the time, I very incorrectly thought the Loki would arrive first...).
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayJ350 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Probably some Anbernic handheld.

Make Misc Great Again JustiNtense's Avatar
    JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Get a steam deck and look into emudeck. Steam deck has a desktop mode, so it's a computer as well. It's an emulation script program that compiles and does everything for you. Theres plenty of tutorials on youtube and free roms on reddit r/rom. download,Drag and drop. Then from desktop mode you can actually add the emulation program into your steam library and launch emudeck and all your roms through steam in regular gaming mode. May sound complicated to some, but it's super easy

Last edited by JustiNtense; 05-08-2024 at 01:44 PM.
    "Even through the darkest days, this fire burns, always."

The pessimist complains about the wind
    The optimist expects it to change direction
    The realist adjusts the sails

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am ordering the odin 2 pro. I dont stream games so thats not my concern so a steam deck really isnt my thing.

just want some decent play on game cube and ps2. I could probably go with the retroid 4 pro but i think the odin 2 pro just seems to be a lot more for the future. I also want a beefier device as portability isnt a concern.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    looking for my first device in this realm.

I only want to play NES and a handful of SNES games. I prefer the horizontal layout to the vertical layout, but some of the verts are under $100 so I wouldn't be opposed to trying one.

I was really close to just pulling the trigger on a RG353M but I don't need the sticks so maybe there is a better option. My main thing is going to be for a few flights my wife wants to take, it's not going to be something I intend to use all the time. So maybe the RG28XX?
    Are the ones on Amazon legit or should I buy direct from Abneric?

is it similar to the emulator/ROMs I use on a laptop, can I transfer the emulator and files I already have?
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been playing GameCube LoZ Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on my Samsung Tab S9 at night before bed.

Runs surprisingly good.

Lots of PS2 games run pretty well on NetherSX2 emulator too.

I'm playing with a PS4 controller right now, but I ordered a controller attachment for tablets off AliExpress.

I think your best option right now is a Galaxy S24 phone. It has a better chip than even the Tab S9, and runs games perfectly in 1080p. The cool thing is you can also connect a USBc-HDMI cable and output it to a monitor or display.
    Last edited by obmas; 05-09-2024 at 10:30 AM.
    --------------------- ϞϞ( ๑⚈ ․̫ ⚈๑). ---------------------
    --- Still-plays-PokemonGo-in-2022 Crew ---

I have a Steam Deck, which seems like it'd be the King of Emulation, but this does look enticing as well -- and it's been brought up already itt, Odin 2 is supposedly the best

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If all your going to emulate is retro games than a modded PSP is probably the best.My modded Wii is also a beast. That Odin 2 looks pretty good but the best it can do is PS2 and gamegube right? For that price you might as well just get a steamdeck for a little more. That 8000MAh battery though
    Last edited by Akd123; 05-10-2024 at 09:25 AM.

Originally Posted by JUSA View Post

I have a Steam Deck, which seems like it'd be the King of Emulation, but this does look enticing as well -- and it's been brought up already itt, Odin 2 is supposedly the best
    odin 2 looks nice and good to take around, but i dont like using android. i like that emudeck seems easier to use. i might pay more for easier use even if odin 2 is cheaper.
    Originally Posted by Akd123 View Post
    If all your going to emulate is retro games than a modded PSP is probably the best.My modded Wii is also a beast. That Odin 2 looks pretty good but the best it can do is PS2 and gamegube right? For that price you might as well just get a steamdeck for a little more. That 8000MAh battery though
    im interested in gamecube/ps2/xbox era. so leaning towards steam deck. if odin 2 wasnt android based i would get it. steam deck seems user friendly for emulation and to use in general.

how is modding the wii though? i have one. easy or a pain?

Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    odin 2 looks nice and good to take around, but i dont like using android. i like that emudeck seems easier to use. i might pay more for easier use even if odin 2 is cheaper.

im interested in gamecube/ps2/xbox era. so leaning towards steam deck. if odin 2 wasnt android based i would get it. steam deck seems user friendly for emulation and to use in general.

how is modding the wii though? i have one. easy or a pain?
    My brother did it but im sure its easy as fuk. Just need an SD card and an external hard drive. and a computer of coarse. Tons of things to emulate. got SNES,GEN,Gamecube, all the Wii games and more. Its an emulation powerhouse

My brother did it but im sure its easy as fuk. Just need an SD card and an external hard drive. and a computer of coarse. Tons of things to emulate. got SNES,GEN,Gamecube, all the Wii games and more. Its an emulation powerhouse
    i could see it being good for gamecube because the wii is already backwards compatible with gamecube games. only downside is i cant easily lug that stuff around haha. but would be good for when just playing at home for sure. the prices of gamecube games are crazy these days.

i could see it being good for gamecube because the wii is already backwards compatible with gamecube games. only downside is i cant easily lug that stuff around haha. but would be good for when just playing at home for sure. the prices of gamecube games are crazy these days.
    Just get the steamdeck. Its not much more than the Odin. If the Odin was cheaper i might get one but for $300 just get the deck for a little more.

Just get the steamdeck. Its not much more than the Odin. If the Odin was cheaper i might get one but for $300 just get the deck for a little more.
    yeah thats what im leaning towards. steam games, retro games, portability, ease of use. seems like a great thing to game on nowadays. always had an itch for one anyways.

yeah thats what im leaning towards. steam games, retro games, portability, ease of use. seems like a great thing to game on nowadays. always had an itch for one anyways.
    Back in my younger id buy one but i dont really game on the go anymore. In my younger days i had my modded PSP and i loved it. I had to replace the screen i think. i bought the screen but i think my brother has them but hes a dick. Think he even has a modded PS4Pro. hes pretty good with that chit

Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There's always the backbone option with your smartphone. Anything GameCube era and below run perfectly on my s20+.

If you want a dedicated machine, steam deck can run even more demanding games obviously.

Edit: I see you want steam games too. No brainer imo

Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post
    There's always the backbone option with your smartphone. Anything GameCube era and below run perfectly on my s20+.

If you want a dedicated machine, steam deck can run even more demanding games obviously.

Edit: I see you want steam games too. No brainer imo
    yea if you are on android, a flagship from 2-3 years ago to now can smash on any emulation. That's why the odin is really good, because IT has a flagship phone processor.

My only and big issue with myself making my Galaxy 22+ an emulation gaming device is then I would be all out of battery all the damn time.

Odin is going to be slimmer than a steam deck for obvious reasons (steam deck is a computer apu processor and needs some bulk for cooling) while the odin is basically a cellphone and can get away with the thinner profile.

all in all unless size is truly a BIG issue for you, just get the steam deck and have a better all in one device.

*** HTC ***

There is really only one reason to get the Odin and thats the 8000mAh battery.no other reason

LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Steam Deck
    Analog Pocket

/Thread
    Last edited by LtGoose; 05-11-2024 at 03:47 AM.
    Disclaimer: All posts made by [LtGoose] are works of satire. By reading this you agree to absolve the author of any and all liability.