Mike123456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If bulking why not eat pizza and brownie ice cream?

If the whole idea is to cosume as many caloires as possible when bulking, then why not eat these types of foods with lots of fat and carbs?

FireFighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireFighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u wanna get fat or put on muscle???

The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Because bulking isn't an excuse to pig out and eat ****ty foods. The only difference in MY bulking or cutting diets is when bulking I take in 1.5 grams of protein per lean pound of body weight and 3 grams of complex carbs per pound lean body weight. Cutting is 2-2.5 grams protein and 1 or less grams of complex carbs per pound lean mass. to maintain a current weigt i run 2grams protein and 2 carbs.

Bulking you should still eat clean, just eat more clean carbs.
    It's my turn.

yeah but what would be the difference if you got the 1000 calories from ice cream or 1000 caloires from bread?

The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Mayor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    which do you think will add to your lean muscle mass?

3000 calories a day of Mcdonalds, Doritos, Pepsi and ice cream.

OR

3000 calories of egg whites, Chicken, Lean Beef, Veggies, Sweet Potatoes, Wheat Bread and water

I'll take the healthy stuff. I went on a 6 month bulking cycle on clean food and gained 35 lbs while never hitting more than 9% bodyfat. Testing Bodyfat weekly and Adjusting carb/protein levels to keep bodyfat low and at the same time stay anabolic enough to add muscle mass and keep catabolism away.

my normal diet is
    3g complex carbs per lean pound of mass
    1.5g protein. at least 60% from food. per lean pound of mass.
    .4g unsaturated fat per pound lean mass

I do 30 mins light cardio 3 times a week and train hard and I keep getting bigger while my BF% stays low.

It takes me about 5 weeks to get into contest condition with 3% BF including the carb load the day before to up glycogen stores to look fuller.
    It's my turn.

Mayor thankyou for your reply. So what about those people who say its all about caloires in vs calories out, that 1000 calories is 1000 calories. It's just a little confusing to me. The theory to cut back on caloric intake would not apply then.

jdhar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Simple reply to your question... getting your calories from junk food will mean that most of your caloric intake will be in the form of saturated fats. Saturated fats are nearly impossible to breakdown for energy use, and consequently, muscle growth.

Now, if you get the equivulant amount of calories from a well balanced diet, all the surplus calories will go to feeding your muscles, replenishing glycogen stores, producing more testosterone etc...

So the issue isn't how many calories, but where they go once they are in you. Saturated fats have NO place in your body, unsaturated do... simple as that.

Thanks JDhar. So, in keeping the same workout, I will get stronger from replacing my 100g carbs of wild rice with 100g carbs brown rice that contain the same caloires? And leaner as well?

Originally posted by Mike123456
    Mayor thankyou for your reply. So what about those people who say its all about caloires in vs calories out, that 1000 calories is 1000 calories. It's just a little confusing to me. The theory to cut back on caloric intake would not apply then.

the age old "calories in/calories out" idea is faulted because not all calories are created equal. a gram of fat has 9 calores while carbs/protein has 4 calories per gram. Complicate this further by taking into consideration that simple sugars and complex carbs both have their places in every diet and you really have to start asking yourself "What purpose does this serve in my body?" with everything you eat. it goes back to my previos post of McDonalds and doritos Vs whole real foods. Is Quality, not quantity.
    It's my turn.

Thanks JDhar. So, in keeping the same workout, I will get stronger from replacing my 100g carbs of wild rice with 100g carbs brown rice that contain the same caloires? And leaner as well?
    Well, that's a start, but I wouldn't be so quick to say that 'you will get stronger and leaner'.... just doing a simple comparison on 100g of wild rice vs. brown rice...

wild rice: 14.7g protein, 74.9g carbs, 1.1g fat
    brown rice: 7.9, 77.2, 2.9g fat

conclusion? I'm not sure why you would want to replace wild rice with brown rice... wild rice has twice as much protein, less carbs, and less fat. These stats should merely be served as comparison keep in mind, not exact values... I have never eaten wild rice, but I'm assuming it's rice in it's purest form without being refined at all. Basically, a smaller amount of wild rice will get you the same nutritional value as a large amount of brown rice... so it's definitely something you want to keep.

I'm not sure why you brought up the rice example, because it seems though your question is dealing with saturated fats and junk foods. Rice, of any sort, hardly constitutes as junk food (except to the extreme leaner)... but there's a comparison anyway.

Mayor yeah I guess so, but what about on the days you don't workout? I mean I love food, and always want to be full. Also, white bread and white rice is a complex carb and no saturated fat like you said but people always say no good so what gives. O and is frozen yogurt so terrible?

Jdhar, actually I should have said yellow rice...thats the rice I have with my chopped chicken at the restraunt. Sometimes Ill get black beans and white rice. But all I hear is this touting of brown rice..ofcourse I dont like brown rice, I like the yellow lol. So if yellow and white is not ok then please let me know. I know its not more calories, but something about if i remember about it being no good cause they are refined opposed to the brown rice with is unrefined. Thats all well and good but if that just means the nutriunts and stripped but I'll STILL stay as lean with the yellow rice, then i'll stick with the yellow. Same thing with white bread/whole wheat bread thing with the unrefined no? Seems theres so much stuff to consider its really stressing. I really appreciate you help very much Much Love!

Mayor yeah I guess so, but what about on the days you don't workout? I mean I love food, and always want to be full. Also, white bread and white rice is a complex carb and no saturated fat like you said but people always say no good so what gives. O and is frozen yogurt so terrible?
    white rice/bread is proccessed beyond belief and it raises the glycemic index of those items. making more likely to cause fat storage. try switching to brown rice and wheat or rye bread. and frozen yogurt is a great alternative to ice cream on a cheat meal or even cheat day. like everything else though, don't overdo it. To address the question about non-training days, eat just like you would if you were training.
    It's my turn.

Thanks Mayor I guess that answers most of my last post.. sorry I posted it before I read your last response. Looks like I'm sticking to/with whole wheat turkey subs and chicken salads. And fruit. I'm not trying to be hordcore with it just want to look good.....O yeah No yellow rice too? Hey Mayor thanks for breaking it down like that for me mane with that processed foods more likely to cause fat storage breakdown. So forget about the calories in calories out thing? Another words 3000 caloires of junk food is probably more fattening that 5000 calories of the chicken, veggies, sweet potatos etc?

So forget about the calories in calories out thing? Another words 3000 caloires of junk food is probably more fattening that 5000 calories of the chicken, veggies, sweet potatos etc?
    yep. forget calories in/calories out. If your gaining more fat than muscle, cut carbs a little. if your not gaining at all add more complex carbs.

and as far as junk food goes. if you knew what was really in most of the **** at McDonalds/Burger King you'd never even look at another one. If you want fast food go to Chipotle or Subway.
    It's my turn.

Exactly... from what I have read so far, it seems like you want to cut more than you want to bulk. If you want to stay 'lean', like you said, NOTHING will come the easy way... and I mean nothing. All the good foods are basically out... it's low-fat, unrefined everything... that goes for rice, bread, pasta, sugar... you name it. And also, if you want to stay 'lean', 3000 is going around the upper ceiling. I think you need to assess your goals and what you want to do. Then think about how to go about doing it...

Jdhar, if 3000 calories is around the upper ceiling, then is it possible to consume 3000 or under and be full after you meals? I certainly don't want to be hungry all the time. When I eat I want to acheive fullness. There seems to be no such thing. When I do the stationary bike, it list the amount of calories I burned say 400 in a half hour. So if I don't eat those 4 waffles that are 400 caloires in the morning then I can skip the bike and it will cancel out? If its like that then eating 4 waffles isnt worth 30 minutes of the bike.

5atanic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 5atanic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 5atanic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 5atanic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 5atanic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 5atanic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 5atanic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 5atanic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 5atanic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 5atanic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 5atanic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Eat low GI food. These release energy slower thus making you more full. Eating low GI food also has its benefits, such as improved concentration, heart function and a more controlled insulin level. This index (glycemic index) would help you greatly if you intend to bulk cleanly.

The bike is an aerobic exercise which would help you lose fat. You can't lose fat without doing an cardio, otherwise we would all be sitting on our sofas eating less calories.

You also need to look at macronutrients (protein, fat, carbs) and micronutrients (vitamins & minerals) when you are eating. Make sure you are eating quality food (rich in protein, low GI food, high in vitamins and minerals) instead of fatty or sugary food. That is why sugar is usually referred to "empty calories" as they provide no nutritional value. (They are useful post-workout though - for the insulin spike)

Jdhar, if 3000 calories is around the upper ceiling, then is it possible to consume 3000 or under and be full after you meals? I certainly don't want to be hungry all the time. When I eat I want to acheive fullness. There seems to be no such thing. When I do the stationary bike, it list the amount of calories I burned say 400 in a half hour. So if I don't eat those 4 waffles that are 400 caloires in the morning then I can skip the bike and it will cancel out? If its like that then eating 4 waffles isnt worth 30 minutes of the bike.
    oh lord... if everything were only so simple, lol. Simple answer: Cutting, don't expect to be full, ever. Bulking, yes, you can be. With both, you MUST eat every 2-3 hours, 6-7 times a day... but the volume of your meals will vary depending on what your goals are. If you wan't to shred all that fat, you are going to have to be hungry at some points in the day... there are tricks and ways to deal with this, but when it comes down to it, your body needs to be in caloric defecit - that means you need to be burning off more than you take in. And no, it will not cancel out if you do what you said... your body doesn't burn fat by itself unless you kick start the metabolism (which proper eating and cardio does).. and even then, it doesn't burn nearly as much as doing cardio or HIIT. No easy way my friend..

Bio Layne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: If bulking why not eat pizza and brownie ice cream?

If the whole idea is to cosume as many caloires as possible when bulking, then why not eat these types of foods with lots of fat and carbs?
    the idea is to add muscle. Not get fat
    Per Farrum ad astra