Trivium911 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Restructuring Workouts due to Burnout

Hey Guys, I’ve been lifting heavy for about 15 years now, im in my 30’s, though I’ve likely been spinning my wheels as far as lifting goes since i ignored my body, overused Keto, used junk food as rewards, I’ve also had many injuries in the past that i powered through. I’m now a father, also a bussiness owner and i’ve trying to continue working out 6 days a week. Everything was fine, i just put my head down and get it done as usual until i just couldn’t sleep, i reached burnout mode. I would toss and turn all night with terrible insomnia. I finally saw a natural path and she put my on some things like CBD and 5HTP. I took 10 or so days off working out, which helped a bit but not entirely, i tried to scale back my workouts. I now do a 3 day body split (Push(Chest mostly), Pull(Back mostly), Legs), then a day of vinyasa yoga. I also do 30 minutes of walking @ 3 miles an hour on training days and 60 minutes on rest days by means of a treadmill workstation desk. This apparently wasn‘t good enough, so after investing in an Apple Watch to help track sleep and HRV i can see i still cant recover properly. I started to look at my workouts themselves. Chest day would basically have 18-20 sets for a 60 minute workout, most of them to failure, i realize this is a lot. I have since restructured again to only do failure on the last set of each excersize, i basically stop 2-3 short of failure on the other sets, my heart rate would be around 130-140 given this. Apparently i still have trouble sleeping on weight days, i also feel like crap the next day as the HRV is low which means the sleep quality was not as good, i also miss out on some deep sleep. Should i just stop lifting to failure entirely for a few weeks, or a month, or forever? Or should i cut my workouts down to 10-12 sets instead of 18-20 per workout and continue lifting the last set of each excersize to failure? For chest I can basically do a good 40 minute workout with 12 sets for example, instead of the usual 18-20 sets at 60 minutes. Or should i scrap the workouts and just do a 3 day whole body workout, spreading my excersizes out evenly in the week? It seems the muscle is not the issue as I’ve gotten use to it, the issue is my CNS. Also my goals have changed considerably. At this point I have different interests, such as guitar lessons that i have been going hard on for the past year every day. Bottom line is im tired of grinding away in the gym for 15 years. I’m just trying to maintain, maybe make some small gains along the way, but healthy and strong are my main goals as i need to be at peace with my body image at this point in my life. Thoughts?

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Change the split entirely
    Consider upper lower
    Change lifts
    Change rep ranges
    Track everything
    Enjoy loads of prs

Ps. Its not your cns.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Change the split entirely
    Consider upper lower
    Change lifts
    Change rep ranges
    Track everything
    Enjoy loads of prs

Ps. Its not your cns.
    Totally has to be his CNS

/s

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everything sounds like a random cluster. Get on an actual program.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You write like you work out - a lot of stuff crammed in with no breaks. Less is more, and quality beats quantity.

isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I definitely can relate to the burnout or finding motivation to keep training. I have found a good deal of success with exploring activities that benefit from training to keep me motivated. Cycling, swimming, hiking, OCR, etc.

Originally Posted by isaiah41v10 View Post
    I definitely can relate to the burnout or finding motivation to keep training. I have found a good deal of success with exploring activities that benefit from training to keep me motivated. Cycling, swimming, hiking, OCR, etc.
    So what do you guys suggest, i wish i had a coach when i started that told me not to train to failure every set. So is the last set of each excersize ok to train to failure?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Trivium911 View Post
    So what do you guys suggest, i wish i had a coach when i started that told me not to train to failure every set. So is the last set of each excersize ok to train to failure?
    Dude it’s your whole approach. 20 sets in 60 mins isn’t building as much muscle as you think, regardless of what sets you take to failure or not. Don’t do your own programming.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You need a coherent program. Right now, you're doing the kitchen sink approach. Doing a little bit of everything and getting the benefit of none of it.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    These threads are tough because plenty of lifters waste 10-20 years away in the gym and never make any progress. For anyone to suggest a good training program we really need to know how advanced you actually are. What does "lifting heavy" mean? Were you benching 400+ or do you consider a novice 225 bench to be "heavy"?. More info would be helpful.

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    These threads are tough because plenty of lifters waste 10-20 years away in the gym and never make any progress. For anyone to suggest a good training program we really need to know how advanced you actually are. What does "lifting heavy" mean? Were you benching 400+ or do you consider a novice 225 bench to be "heavy"?. More info would be helpful.
    Yes well i haven’t really made progress for years, i chalked it up to that i have reached my natural genetic potential. That said i have sort of shifted from trying to make gains anyways. I’m 5ft6, 165 to 170 lbs lbs, small frame. I dont do 1 rep max anymore, i also have started shifting to 10-15 rep range due to some nagging shoulders issues. My bench for example is like 205 lbs, Reps 15, 14, 13…i could probably do 1 rep of 300 LBS. Bench of 225 is fine aswell, though i backed off the weight due to shoulder issues. My deadlifts using the hex bar is 350LBS @ 10,9,8 though i was starting to do more reps, with this CNS burnout i had to back off a bit. I find training to failure with these deadlifts extremely taxing so I just Couldnt do it anymore.
    Last edited by Trivium911; 12-14-2022 at 02:51 PM.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Dude it’s your whole approach. 20 sets in 60 mins isn’t building as much muscle as you think, regardless of what sets you take to failure or not. Don’t do your own programming.
    Do you have a quick program you can recommend? So 20 sets in 60 minutes is too much?

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes well i haven’t really made progress for years, i chalked it up to that i have reached my natural genetic potential. That said i have sort of shifted from trying to make gains anyways. I’m 5ft6, 165 to 170 lbs lbs, small frame. I dont do 1 rep max anymore, i also have started shifting to 10-15 rep range due to some nagging shoulders issues. My bench for example is like 205 lbs, Reps 15, 14, 13…i could probably do 1 rep of 300 LBS. Bench of 225 is fine aswell, though i backed off the weight due to shoulder issues. My deadlifts using the hex bar is 350LBS @ 10,9,8 though i was starting to do more reps, with this CNS burnout i had to back off a bit. I find training to failure with these deadlifts extremely taxing so I just Couldnt do it anymore.
    Any basic upper lower would be a good fit. Fierce 5 ul or lyles gbr. Saves the stress on the shoulders unlike so many split routines. You could even do one day heavy, one day light similar to layne nortons phat routine.

Do you have a quick program you can recommend? So 20 sets in 60 minutes is too much?
    It's fine if cardio is your main goal, but you say you're "lifting heavy" for reps. If you were truly "lifting heavy" with enough intensity, you're not cranking out 20 sets in 60 minutes for any body part - it sounds like you're just bouncing weights around with limited ROM.

Most importantly, if you can't sleep properly & haven't made progress in years, then the way you like to train isn't working for you.

I'd rather not recommend a program for someone who trains in your manner since I don't think any would be to your liking, but you can find good proper intermediate programs online - there are some examples in the stickies here too.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    It's fine if cardio is your main goal, but you say you're "lifting heavy" for reps. If you were truly "lifting heavy" with enough intensity, you're not cranking out 20 sets in 60 minutes for any body part - it sounds like you're just bouncing weights around with limited ROM.

Most importantly, if you can't sleep properly & haven't made progress in years, then the way you like to train isn't working for you.

I'd rather not recommend a program for someone who trains in your manner since I don't think any would be to your liking, but you can find good proper intermediate programs online - there are some examples in the stickies here too.
    I did some reading about a 3 day, push/pull/legs split. I think i just need to completely switch things up with exercises and all. For legs i typically only get in 12 sets since it’s more intense and i need more rest. So 18 sets in 60 minutes is sort of new on chest day, this use to take me well over an hour but im now in my second week of only training to failure on the last set of each exercise. I use to train to failure on every set basically, which was really hard as you can imagine, especially on the joints. It seems that you should train ‘almost’ to failure, as in leaving 1-2 reps in the tank. Should I skip trying to train to failure on the last set of each excersize? I dont feel like i got hit by a truck after, though my sleep quality still suffers on lifting days. Granted i just started this ‘only failure on last rep’ technique 1.5 weeks ago.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When you say your sleep is being affected by your training, what do you mean precisely? When I was first getting into lifting & doing a bro-split, I'd often have cramps & restless legs during the night which kept me awake. Too much volume or too much junk volume can severely impact your progress. More isn't always better.

That said, it doesn't seem like an excess amount of volume but it could be for you specifically as we're all different. You could try something like All Pros or Fierce 5's Beginner or Intermediate routine which focuses more on less volume, less reps but higher weight.

Something to consider.
    Currently cutting.

I did some reading about a 3 day, push/pull/legs split. I think i just need to completely switch things up with exercises and all. For legs i typically only get in 12 sets since it’s more intense and i need more rest. So 18 sets in 60 minutes is sort of new on chest day, this use to take me well over an hour but im now in my second week of only training to failure on the last set of each exercise. I use to train to failure on every set basically, which was really hard as you can imagine, especially on the joints. It seems that you should train ‘almost’ to failure, as in leaving 1-2 reps in the tank. Should I skip trying to train to failure on the last set of each excersize? I dont feel like i got hit by a truck after, though my sleep quality still suffers on lifting days. Granted i just started this ‘only failure on last rep’ technique 1.5 weeks ago.
    There’s no right or wrong way to train, as long as it’s working for you. But if something’s clearly not working, don’t keep doing it or find restructured ways of doing almost the same thing philosophically.

Originally Posted by Spanishdream View Post
    When you say your sleep is being affected by your training, what do you mean precisely? When I was first getting into lifting & doing a bro-split, I'd often have cramps & restless legs during the night which kept me awake. Too much volume or too much junk volume can severely impact your progress. More isn't always better.

That said, it doesn't seem like an excess amount of volume but it could be for you specifically as we're all different. You could try something like All Pros or Fierce 5's Beginner or Intermediate routine which focuses more on less volume, less reps but higher weight.

Something to consider.
    Well burnout was due to everything, but 6 days a week working out for my lifestyle was a contributing factor. Kids with both parents working is a **** ton of work. At any rate my sleep was terrible which forced me to analyze my life, I was wired and tired. Turns out I had depleted my serotonin and adrenal fatigue (according to natural path)I was getting by on 3-4 hours of sleep a night and popping pre workouts. I took pre workouts for years, which also contributed. I now replaced this with green tea and my own inner energy. I’m taking crap for my sleep which is now much better, I still struggle to get deep sleep. The days I exercise heavy, I get 30 minutes or so of deep sleep according to the Apple Watch. I should be getting closer to an hour, so I feel like crap in the morning. My HRV drops aswell measured while I’m sleeping on the lifting days. Granted i would assume a drop in HRV is likely normal on a lifting day, the lack of deep sleep is impeding my ability to recover.

Well yeah lol. No one needs to lift 6 days a week even under ideal conditions. There are plenty of good 3-4 day programs out there.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree the issue is most likely your chitty programming, but have you gotten a physical from an actual medical doctor recently? That would be a good idea regardless.

Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000) Spanishdream is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well burnout was due to everything, but 6 days a week working out for my lifestyle was a contributing factor. Kids with both parents working is a **** ton of work. At any rate my sleep was terrible which forced me to analyze my life, I was wired and tired. Turns out I had depleted my serotonin and adrenal fatigue (according to natural path)I was getting by on 3-4 hours of sleep a night and popping pre workouts. I took pre workouts for years, which also contributed. I now replaced this with green tea and my own inner energy. I’m taking crap for my sleep which is now much better, I still struggle to get deep sleep. The days I exercise heavy, I get 30 minutes or so of deep sleep according to the Apple Watch. I should be getting closer to an hour, so I feel like crap in the morning. My HRV drops aswell measured while I’m sleeping on the lifting days. Granted i would assume a drop in HRV is likely normal on a lifting day, the lack of deep sleep is impeding my ability to recover.
    That's fair but as TAWS6 said, lifting 6 days a week is a lot and isn't ever really needed (perhaps for the extremely advanced).

Less is more. It just sounds like you're tired from life in general. Get smarter with your lifting days and look at Fierce 5 or All Pros. I spend 3 hours in the gym a week, maximum.
    Currently cutting.

Everything make sense, so what is the verdict on lifting to failure? Obviously failure on every set is ridiculous, I’ve done that for a long time. Often times, resting the bench bar on my stomache as I hate asking for help, than just lifting back on the rack.

Is failure on the last set of each exercise necessary? Is it encouraged? Or for most would this still be taking it too far. I’ve got no issues not lifting to failure, I guess I have just associated the feeing of being hit by a bus after a workout as effective. Though I’m starting to realize that a workout should be energizing and empowering instead.

You’re overthinking the little things. Progressive overload in a moderate rep range is the primary driver of growth. Something every program has built in. Eventually you’ll be pushing 8 RPE or 9 RPE before you need to reset. I very very rarely go to true failure.

isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I struggle with motivation I usually go to a 3 day a week full body structure. This way I can train body parts, planes of movement multiple times a week and don't feel like a failure if I miss a workout. Also I have time to spend with my family and explore other fitness interests.

joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) joewattie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Family, work, business et al. You've got a lot going on. At this point a workout should be a pleasant "escape", for you it's become just another chore.

Step back, don't be so demanding of yourself. Maybe just three times a week, some kind of "full body" routine. It's kinda nice waking up to "a day off" and, at the same time, it makes me look forward to my next day at the gym.

You've already an inventory of injuries, maybe move away from free weights to those "old man" stationary machines for awhile to reduce the risk of injury?

Train to failure? "Failure" is relative. The days of "balls out" and then one more are over ... for now. You're seasoned, you pretty much know what the end of a *good* set looks like, yes?

To save time I started super setting with "pull / push" pairs. Bonus, I actually get a "buzz" halfway through.

You push hard, step back, try to rediscover the fun in life, play with the kids, tickle the wife, popcorn and Christmas movies.
    joe Henry

asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you really are training to failure I cannot see how you can manage 20 sets in one workout for one bodypart. I wouldn't be able to cope with half that volume.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by isaiah41v10 View Post
    When I struggle with motivation I usually go to a 3 day a week full body structure. This way I can train body parts, planes of movement multiple times a week and don't feel like a failure if I miss a workout. Also I have time to spend with my family and explore other fitness interests.
    What most people think is failure, isn’t.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Straight up facts..

Even the biggest proponents on here who go on about everything failure are barely @9/1rir in the vids, Especially for the bigger lifts.

Fun aside.
    Who cares about little lifts like curls tho... Almost every guy i know curls till they miss then cheat a few partials 😂
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    100%. I train most working sets to "failure" but I'm well aware that it's form failure at best. I probably have a solid 1-2 reps in the tank most of the time and I'm ok with that.

This is why I won't ever bother with RPE based training. I don't think most people can really measure their RPE accurately even after years of training, myself included.