Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1243
    Nunez912 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey

Thanks for the replies.

Thats great to hear. I am currently speaking to Craig via email. They are still offering some great deals.

What 4 pieces did get from them?

I am sold on the Panatta Leg Bridge

I really like the way the Hi Row looks aswell as the Super Row.

The chest equipment looks great too. I am looking at either the Super Incline or The Super Horizontal Chest press.

Has anyone heard of Predator Strength? They are based out of Croatia. Their plate loaded Predator series looks pretty cool too. I am looking at there Pendulum Squat. It has great adjustability compared to others.

Thanks

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nunez912 View Post
    Hey

Thanks for the replies.

Thats great to hear. I am currently speaking to Craig via email. They are still offering some great deals.

The chest equipment looks great too. I am looking at either the Super Incline or The Super Horizontal Chest press.

Has anyone heard of Predator Strength? They are based out of Croatia. Their plate loaded Predator series looks pretty cool too. I am looking at there Pendulum Squat. It has great adjustability compared to others.

Thanks

I got the plate load vertical chest, deltoid press, high row and the power squat, I haven't tried the Panatta horizontal bench presses, the vertical chest is way better than any other chest machine I've used, the bio-mechanics are just spot on, the chest contraction on this unit is just incredible. I also think the deltoid press is amazing and the high row is in the same category. The weakest piece is the power squat, it's a very good unit, but I'd like a slightly bigger foot plate and more adjustability in the start position.

Go with the Super version of the machines, the pre load foot pedal is a must.

Craig is a great guy, when my equipment was delivered he came along to meet the truck and organised the moving of the machines into the gym.

Sounds great. Where in the UK is your gym based? What isit called?

Well looking likely i'll be getting atleast 5 pieces from Panatta. I was initially looking at the Atlantis plate loaded Horizontal/ Decline. Potentially will look at that again.

Currently now need to get a leg extension and a prone lying leg curl.

Any recommendations?

Old Star Trac / Flex leg curl seem to be highly recommended but impossible to find anywhere online.

I was looking at either Atlantis PE series, Panatta Monolith Series or Prime (plate loaded) leg curl and leg extension.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Some closeup shots of the Panatta 1FE200 adjustable back extension and 1HP216 ab bench appeared on my FB feed today. First time I've ever seen real world closeups of either piece....sigh. man those things look amazing ! But a 3-5 month wait ?!

They make the L-F Signature comparable pieces I'm considering look like a bowl of vanilla ice cream in comparison. No offense to vanilla ice cream lovers..lol
    https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds great. Where in the UK is your gym based? What isit called?

Well looking likely i'll be getting atleast 5 pieces from Panatta. I was initially looking at the Atlantis plate loaded Horizontal/ Decline. Potentially will look at that again.

Currently now need to get a leg extension and a prone lying leg curl.

Any recommendations?

Old Star Trac / Flex leg curl seem to be highly recommended but impossible to find anywhere online.

I was looking at either Atlantis PE series, Panatta Monolith Series or Prime (plate loaded) leg curl and leg extension.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I don't have a commercial gym, just a home set up in West Wales, just over 60 sq metres, I currently have equipment from Legend, Watson, Hammer Strength, Custom Kit, Cybex and Panatta., rack, db's up to 40kg, plus 10 machines covering the basics.

I haven't tried thePanatta Monolith line, but judging what I've tried from the HP and XP lines they will be up there, I think the Monolith leg ext gets a mention on the cost no object list. .

I also like Prime, the ability to adjust the strength curve is something I liked when I used they're plate load bicep, if I had room I'd bring that piece into my set up, but with limited space I prefer to stick to compound movement machines.

Originally Posted by Steinway53 View Post
    Some closeup shots of the Panatta 1FE200 adjustable back extension and 1HP216 ab bench appeared on my FB feed today. First time I've ever seen real world closeups of either piece....sigh. man those things look amazing ! But a 3-5 month wait ?!

They make the L-F Signature comparable pieces I'm considering look like a bowl of vanilla ice cream in comparison. No offense to vanilla ice cream lovers..lol

Honestly pictures do not do justice, you have to see the Panatta equipment in person to appreciate just how well engineered and finished their equipment is, but it's the functionality and bio-mechanics that really count, luckily the guys at Panatta really know what they're doing.

From order to delivery my equipment took 13 weeks, which for a piece that's built from scratch isn't too bad.

Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Honestly pictures do not do justice, you have to see the Panatta equipment in person to appreciate just how well engineered and finished their equipment is, but it's the functionality and bio-mechanics that really count, luckily the guys at Panatta really know what they're doing.

From order to delivery my equipment took 13 weeks, which for a piece that's built from scratch isn't too bad.
    Primo Fitness in Santa Ana, Ca. just got in a new Panatta shipment a few weeks back. A few of each - free weight, Evo, Sec and Monolith. I tried out every piece. Yes, everything looks and works great ! The build quality is over the top ! I can't post their link but if you go to their Face Book page and scroll down, there's two separate posts that shows the different array of Panatta stuff.

With regard to to timeline, Dimitri told me it was a three to five month wait. While I'd consider paying the higher price for the aforementioned benches, I don't think I'd want to wait up to 5 months on them.
    Last edited by Steinway53; 12-30-2020 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added thought

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't have a commercial gym, just a home set up in West Wales, just over 60 sq metres, I currently have equipment from Legend, Watson, Hammer Strength, Custom Kit, Cybex and Panatta., rack, db's up to 40kg, plus 10 machines covering the basics.

I haven't tried thePanatta Monolith line, but judging what I've tried from the HP and XP lines they will be up there, I think the Monolith leg ext gets a mention on the cost no object list. .

I also like Prime, the ability to adjust the strength curve is something I liked when I used they're plate load bicep, if I had room I'd bring that piece into my set up, but with limited space I prefer to stick to compound movement machines.
    When I picked up my Strive leg extension/curl combo from the founder's son he also had one of the biceps machines. He said it was amazing and because I liked Strive/Prime so much he encouraged me to buy it (not in a sleezy sales way at all as we'd had long conversations before then and plenty of buyers for that stuff locally). Similar to you, I just didn't have the room especially for such a specialized machine with so many biceps variants already available to me. He did really rave about it though and I've often wished I'd have at least tried it to get a feel.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

Sounds like youve got a great facility for yourself!

Monolith leg ext looks pretty great. The plate loaded prime is significantly cheaper than Selectorized. Im not sure how much shipping is to the UK tho. I asked for a quote on the Prime Functional trainer. I really love it but its really pricey £7k + I am now looking at Atlantis Functional trainer or the Nautilus Human Sport Freedom Functional trainer.
    Only issue is that its a 4:1. The Prime is a 2:1.

Thoughts on the Monolith lying leg curl?

Pannatta have 10 new pieces on their FW series.

Check it out!

Im intrigued by their Super pullover machine , Leg curling and Leg extension. The bicep curling machine looks nice 👌

Sounds like youve got a great facility for yourself!

Monolith leg ext looks pretty great. The plate loaded prime is significantly cheaper than Selectorized. Im not sure how much shipping is to the UK tho. I asked for a quote on the Prime Functional trainer. I really love it but its really pricey £7k + I am now looking at Atlantis Functional trainer or the Nautilus Human Sport Freedom Functional trainer.
    Only issue is that its a 4:1. The Prime is a 2:1.

Thoughts on the Monolith lying leg curl?

Pannatta have 10 new pieces on their FW series.

Check it out!

Im intrigued by their Super pullover machine , Leg curling and Leg extension. The bicep curling machine looks nice ������

Thank's, it's taken me over 20 years to put my gym together. Prime is expensive, I've never had a quote for any of their equipment, I can't see shipping being anything but pricey. Staffs Fitness are a good company to deal with, I bought a few reconditioned Hammer Strength pieces from them and was very happy.

Functional Trainer wise, I have a Cybex Bravo, 2.1 pulley ratio, the stacks could be a little heavier, but for the kind of prehab/rehab work I use it for it perfectly adequate. I really like the Bravo, it's one of the last pieces I'd consider passing on... I really don't like the feel of 4.1 ratio, it always feels spongy to me.

Craig emailed me a few weeks ago about the new additions to the Panatta line, I haven't looked at their site for a while.

From the pics and video the Panatta leg curl looks good, I've been looking at the Panatta Pullover's, I have one of them on my next equipment purchase shortlist, The Super plate load unit looks great, but it's a beast of a unit and I'm not entirely sure I have the room for it and the leg press bridge, perhaps the Fit Evo Pullover might work in my space. The other piece I'm looking at is the Super Incline Vertical Chest Press, or possibly the Monolith Circular Incline, but I haven't seen much feedback on this piece.
    Last edited by gym62richard; 12-31-2020 at 02:37 PM.

adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Quick question - for all of those that have multiple different press machines (such as incline, vertical or flat, decline, shoulder, etc)...would you ever see yourself wanting to use/have a dedicated smith machine also?

I already have half rack with various barbells and specialty barbells (still waiting on my backordered Kabuki Kadillac), and a dedicated bench press rack (westside style). Pressing Machines I have Strive vertical chest, Strive shoulder, Cybex eagle incline and another chest, Camstar vertical chest. I'm on the fence of whether I would actually use a Smith also. There are a couple that popped up somewhat local including a Cybex unit. Would like feedback on this - if you have lots of machines, what do you find yourself using the smith (if you have/had one) for?

Thanks!
    Last edited by adawg837; 01-02-2021 at 07:25 AM.

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by adawg837 View Post
    Quick question - for all of those that have multiple different press machines (such as incline, vertical or flat, decline, shoulder, etc)...would you ever see yourself wanting to use/have a dedicated smith machine also?

I already have half rack with various barbells and specialty barbells (still waiting on my backordered Kabuki Kadillac), and a dedicated bench press rack (westside style). Pressing Machines I have Strive vertical chest, Strive shoulder, Cybex eagle incline and another chest, Camstar vertical chest. I'm on the fence of whether I would actually use a Smith also. There are a couple that popped up somewhat local including a Cybex unit. Would like feedback on this - if you have lots of machines, what do you find yourself using the smith (if you have/had one) for?

One more thing, are used Intek Steel weights for $1.75/lb decent price?

Thanks!
    There are people that have Smith machines, but I honestly don’t see many when people post pics of their gyms. what are you going to use it for. It’s not good for squats since it restricts the bar to a vertical path. For bench press it can be dangerous and pin you under the bar. Unless you find one with spotter arms. You should post a pic of your gym, sounds like you have some great equipment.
    https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...out-a-spotter/
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

One more thing, are used Intek Steel weights for $1.75/lb decent price?

Thanks!
    EricAtl covered what seems to be the general consensus on the Smith here. It's certainly my opinion as well - I flat out wouldn't own one even if I had room and it was free. Always found free weight version better/more effective/stimulative and if someone can do the smith generally they can handle the free weight movement (some with shoulder issues have found them useful I'd note). That said two thoughts:

1) if you like it and have a use for it, doesn't really matter what we think as the relevant population is one and the only one that matters. I have at least two machines that are large, expensive, and serve at best 1-2 functions - they exist solely because of how I'm built resulting in necessary prehab/rehab. I get more than my money's worth from them but would not suggest a general healthy trainee put his resources toward them without knowing quite a bit more about them.

2) there are smith variants which allow forward/backward tracking inside a quasi-rack that gets you out of the linear motion restriction (still no twisting or side to side to stabilize but primary smith issue is mitigated). I had access to one for years, never used it or tried it. No one else who was a decent lifter did either. Wish I had so I could at least opine with knowledge to questions like this. Might be useful for you to look at but these do exist (large footprint though).

Can't comment on Intek pricing in your area or in this environment. Haven't bought plates in years.

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    There are people that have Smith machines, but I honestly don’t see many when people post pics of their gyms. what are you going to use it for. It’s not good for squats since it restricts the bar to a vertical path. For bench press it can be dangerous and pin you under the bar. Unless you find one with spotter arms. You should post a pic of your gym, sounds like you have some great equipment.

Thanks for your feedback, and yes I will soon get some gym pics up! The cybex smith I was looking at had moveable safety stops. It seems that no one sets them up or uses them for some reason. I know on my westside style bench I always make sure the pin&pipe safeties are at the right height just in case.

Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    EricAtl covered what seems to be the general consensus on the Smith here. It's certainly my opinion as well - I flat out wouldn't own one even if I had room and it was free. Always found free weight version better/more effective/stimulative and if someone can do the smith generally they can handle the free weight movement (some with shoulder issues have found them useful I'd note). That said two thoughts:

1) if you like it and have a use for it, doesn't really matter what we think as the relevant population is one and the only one that matters. I have at least two machines that are large, expensive, and serve at best 1-2 functions - they exist solely because of how I'm built resulting in necessary prehab/rehab. I get more than my money's worth from them but would not suggest a general healthy trainee put his resources toward them without knowing quite a bit more about them.

2) there are smith variants which allow forward/backward tracking inside a quasi-rack that gets you out of the linear motion restriction (still no twisting or side to side to stabilize but primary smith issue is mitigated). I had access to one for years, never used it or tried it. No one else who was a decent lifter did either. Wish I had so I could at least opine with knowledge to questions like this. Might be useful for you to look at but these do exist (large footprint though).

Can't comment on Intek pricing in your area or in this environment. Haven't bought plates in years.
    Thanks C123C - I think I've decided against the smith, especially considering my rapidly shrinking space that could be suited better for other machines. Might I ask what the two machines are you're referring to? I'm guessing one of them might be reverse hyper?

I'm getting almost 600 lbs of Inteks later today, seller and I came to an agreement on "lot" price.
    Last edited by adawg837; 01-02-2021 at 07:36 AM.

MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks
    I´ve heard of Predator Strength. Got my attention from the Fox Gym episode on Mutant on a Mission. Their stand out pieces are Pendulum Squat, Hip Thrust and Belt Squat. Not to mention their rotating dumbbells.

The Pendulum Squat is ranked #1 by Coach Kassem ahead of Atlantis, Arsenal and lastly the Watson. Great adjustability and long arm with counterweight. Probably 30-40 % of the price. The Hip Thrust seems to be perfected with the 4th version. I´ve spoken to Kuba Cielen at Ultraflex Rotherham (1# gym in Europe?). He loves the Hip Thrust, although the Nautilus Glute Drive is his favourite. I will also mention the Power Squat/Super Squat from Predator. Basically the Bodymasters Power Squat, looks really solid.

If you´re searching for a Pivot Press I´m strongly suggesting you take a look at the Nytram Lever Leg Press. Often used by heavy UK bodybuilders, take a look at Cielen´s leg workouts.

Originally Posted by MisterMagoo93 View Post
    I´ve heard of Predator Strength. Got my attention from the Fox Gym episode on Mutant on a Mission. Their stand out pieces are Pendulum Squat, Hip Thrust and Belt Squat. Not to mention their rotating dumbbells.

The Pendulum Squat is ranked #1 by Coach Kassem ahead of Atlantis, Arsenal and lastly the Watson. Great adjustability and long arm with counterweight. Probably 30-40 % of the price. The Hip Thrust seems to be perfected with the 4th version. I´ve spoken to Kuba Cielen at Ultraflex Rotherham (1# gym in Europe?). He loves the Hip Thrust, although the Nautilus Glute Drive is his favourite. I will also mention the Power Squat/Super Squat from Predator. Basically the Bodymasters Power Squat, looks really solid.

If you´re searching for a Pivot Press I´m strongly suggesting you take a look at the Nytram Lever Leg Press. Often used by heavy UK bodybuilders, take a look at Cielen´s leg workouts.

I have yet to see any of the Predator units in person, but they certainly have some interesting looking pieces.

I had the Watson Pendulum Squat for a few years, I can't say I particularly liked the movement. Pendulum Squats have a reputation as knee killers and unfortunately the Watson unit is no exception, certainly it did my dodgy knees no favours. The Pendulum Squat may be a good finishing movement at lighter weights, but IMO loading too much weight could be a recipe for disaster.

I replaced the Pendulum unit with a Power Squat from Panatta, I jus think the Power Squat is a much better option.

Hey

Thanks for the predator strentgh reply and pivot press.

I came onto predator strength via mutant on a mission and then coach kasseem mentioned theyre pendulum squat (which i didnt know they did until i saw that)

Also the same goes for their rotating dumbells.

I am gonna get quote on their pendulum squat 100%

The watson pendulum is really uncomfortable. The angle is really terrible and feels horrible on your back.

I was actually looking the Nytram Pivot press. I seen Kuba using it on his Instagram and also a few other UK gyms I follow have one.

I really like it the only issue is that you cant adjust the seat. Hence why I am gravitating towards the penatta pivot press ( leg press ) you can adjust the seat on that. Price wise theyre more or less the same ( Currently with penatta quote )

Also reached out to Gym shop kit in regards to their Nautilus style plate loaded machines.

TrainedbyJP speaks highly of them as a company and theyre biomechanics feel perfect he says. So also looking their Xload pulldown and Xload row. Maybe their Xload chest press too.

Decisions decisions 🤔

Still trying to decide whether or not I get prime plate loaded leg curl and leg extension. Or opt for penatta monolith Selectorized ?? 🤔

Happy new year all

Thanks C123C - I think I've decided against the smith, especially considering my rapidly shrinking space that could be suited better for other machines. Might I ask what the two machines are you're referring to? I'm guessing one of them might be reverse hyper?
    Missed this one before so sorry for delayed response. You are correct. I've had two reverse hypers and they do wonders for my back. Had the Rogue RH-2 originally which was sold when a custom tilt top became available to me courtesy of forum member jtaliani (who I haven't seen in forever!).

Other is a Strive Combo Leg Extension/Lying Curl. Apparently they only made the combo unit one year and only produced a few. This was the owner's son's unit. Great machine and use of space - plate loaded but similar to a piece Atlantis makes now from the looks of it. What I've found is that squatting eventually results in an under-developed and pulled VMO. Just how I'm built. I don't need anything fancy or even good, just a few sets regularly and not too long of a period where I don't include them. I don't think much of LE machines in general but for me it's important to do them at least semi-regularly - this was my point about relevant population of one!

MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nunez912:

Yeah, get a quote on it. The arm on the Watson is too short and there is no adjustability. I did like the Arsenal, and if the Predator is better I feel like it´s a no brainer.

Gym Shop Kit is basically just a distribution company based in the UK. Buying incredibly cheap from China (Shandong region) and reselling with a margin of probably 50-60 %. Their equipment prices are still regarded as really cheap. Think about that. However Gym Shop Kit are heavily hiding their connections with the Chinese market. I feel like customers are thinking that the equipment is from the Gym Shop Kit brand and manufactured by them.

Kuba bought the Nautilus-replica shoulder press for GBP 900, which is about USD 1200. I got a quote on a lot of equipment from China. List price for this exact piece is 600 USD. Kuba was quite surprised when I told him. He had already ordered more equipment (Xpload Pulldown, Xpload Row, Xpload Incline Chest Press, Xpload Vertical Chest Press). He told me the quality is really high and just like the Nautilus. It is quite remarkable that a 500-600 USD piece can perform in a gym where they have loads of Prime, Atlantis and more.

The adductor machine (straight legs) sold by Gym Shop Kit is also heavily praised by Jordan Peterson and Kuba Cielen. This piece is made by Realleader (China origin). They base their design from Hammer Strength. The pieces are for example seen at Steve Cook´s Fitness Culture. However he bought them from Realleader USA (exclusive rights on selling Realleader in the USA). Realleader is fronted by Shawn Ray, and I think Chris Cormier recently got involved also.

JP has a shoulder press which he in an Instagram post called "the best he had ever used". Ordered from Gym Kit Shop, Technogym-looks, and guess what, from China.

To sum things up about the equipment from China:
    - Nautilus-replica: They have gone for a 100 % replica as the Nautilus Xpload is regarded as a very good series with great biomechanics. Unbranded.
    - Realleader: Design based from Hammer Strength. However they have (as I understand) tried to improve the biomechanics. Branded as Realleader. The most established pieces from the Shandong area. Still very cheap (unless a company have taken the exclusive rights and priced them higher). You then have to buy from them. 100 % sure that Gym Kit Shop does not have that right in England.
    - Technogym-replica: I never liked Technogym, and few do. However it is interesting that JP likes them. I therefore think that they have changed the mechanics. However not sure, not enough info. Unbranded.

These pieces are produced in the exact same industry area in Shandong, probably as part of economies of scale. I´m not sure if you can mix from the different brands regarding shipping. That would be very beneficial.

HealthNutMD is the Panatta expert here. But I asked Nathan De Asha why he choose the FitEvo´s over the Monolith´s. He basically said that the biomechanics are the same but the shell is different. He liked the more simple look.

Trying the Atlantis Pendulum squat a few months back- it was very good but being so stiff from running for 42 years, it's hard for me to get that low. The coach at Kilo Strength who was showing me the different Atlantis pieces kept saying ...go lower, further down ! I said, that's it ! I can't get any lower ! ...lol If I did it on a regular basis, pretty certain my range of motion would improve though.

By comparison the Hammer S. V-Squat I tried about an hour later, I was able to get further down comfortably. For me it was a much more preferable piece.

I would like to try the Rogers Athletic Power Squat Pro.

MisterMagoo93

Thanks for the in depth reply.

Thats huge news to me. I just went on Realleader site. The chinese site you can buy 5 pieces at once. Which are the same plate loaded pieces on Gym Shop.

Where are the Nautilus Xload replicas made? What company? Doesnt look like Realleader.

Thanks for letting me know about the Evofit compared to Monolith series. I am trying to get a visit to Panatta London showroom to try some of the kit before purchasing. However due to lockdown I cant get a visit.

In regards to leg curls - Previously mentioned prone leg curls. Old Star Trac / Flex prone leg curls. Are impossible to find. I was told Nautilus purchased Star Trac so the prone leg curls are the same.

I am looking at these :

corehandf.com/product/nautilus-impact-leg-curl/

servicesport.co.uk/s_trac_lying_leg_curl_impact.

Please could someone confirm they are basically the same leg curl? One is Nautilus and one is Star Trac? Or am I mistaken?

Im assuming the Nautilus impact line is just the Star Trac line?

Thanks

No problem!

Shandong Tianzhan Fitness Equipment. See tzfit.com. TZ-5XP-series.

MisterMagoo93

Thanks for the in depth reply.

Thats huge news to me. I just went on Realleader site. The chinese site you can buy 5 pieces at once. Which are the same plate loaded pieces on Gym Shop.

Where are the Nautilus Xload replicas made? What company? Doesnt look like Realleader.

Thanks for letting me know about the Evofit compared to Monolith series. I am trying to get a visit to Panatta London showroom to try some of the kit before purchasing. However due to lockdown I cant get a visit.

In regards to leg curls - Previously mentioned prone leg curls. Old Star Trac / Flex prone leg curls. Are impossible to find. I was told Nautilus purchased Star Trac so the prone leg curls are the same.

I am looking at these :

corehandf.com/product/nautilus-impact-leg-curl/

servicesport.co.uk/s_trac_lying_leg_curl_impact.

Please could someone confirm they are basically the same leg curl? One is Nautilus and one is Star Trac? Or am I mistaken?

Im assuming the Nautilus impact line is just the Star Trac line?

Thanks

It's so difficult to compare machines that were in their day considered to be the best with their new counterparts. Many of these companies no longer exist, Flex, Nebula etc, some have been swallowed up by larger entities and some have just fallen by the wayside.

The issue as I see it, Startrack got some of the Flex designs right, but eventually changed the design and altered the bio-mechanics. Many have tried, but few have managed to replicate the Nebula magic, Ray Crowther, Arsenal and Rogue to name a few. Whether a budget Chinese manufacturer can produce a quality, bio-mechanically efficient product is an interesting concept, I'd certainly want to spend some time with these units before placing an order.

Chris, HealthNutMD is indeed the Panatta aficionado around here, I think he'd agree there are differences between the Monolith and FitEvo lines. Panatta have applied the same bio-mechanical principles to both lines, but inevitably. they do feel different, that's not to say the FitEvo line is inferior, I think the FitEvo Circular Incline Chest actually feels better than the Monolith version.

The difference between the Monolith and FitEvo lines goes a little further than just the size of the base frames. The Monolith units use Kevlar belts, the FitEvo line have cables, the Monolith offer heavier weight stacks and higher quality seats and pads, if any of this matters.

Gym equipment is so subjective, personally I like Ppanatta's attention to detail, biomechanically the Panatta pieces I have suit me, what sets them apart at the moment is the additional ROM available offered by the addition of the pre load foot levers.

If you get the chance try before you buy, IMO purchasing 5 machines directly from China sounds a little risky.

@gym62richard

You are probably right on the FitEvo vs. Monolith. My experience with Panatta is unfortunately "just" plate loaded. To me it looks like only some of the Monoliths are kevlar belt driven. Maybe HealthNutMD can explain further.

If I were to open a gym I would like to order the cream of the crop. I was quite fascinated that both JP and Kuba said that these Chinese brands matches the high end equipment of Atlantis, Prime etc. I have never tried these machines and my interest is exclusively based on recommendations and videos. However both JP and Kuba are bodybuilding/gym equipment nerds. They know their stuff.

@gym62richard

You are probably right on the FitEvo vs. Monolith. My experience with Panatta is unfortunately "just" plate loaded. To me it looks like only some of the Monoliths are kevlar belt driven. Maybe HealthNutMD can explain further.

If I were to open a gym I would like to order the cream of the crop. I was quite fascinated that both JP and Kuba said that these Chinese brands matches the high end equipment of Atlantis, Prime etc. I have never tried these machines and my interest is exclusively based on recommendations and videos. However both JP and Kuba are bodybuilding/gym equipment nerds. They know their stuff.

All of my Panatta machines are plate loaded, as good as the Panatta selectorised machines feel, IMO the plate load are superior in most cases, particularly the deltoid Press, however I believe HealthNut thinks the Monolith High Row is every bit as good as the Plate Load version.

Yes I think only some of the Monolith units have Kevlar belts, I know the leg press is belt driven.

I have no doubt some of these Chinese manufactured units are well regarded, some of The Hammer copies I've tried were not particularly good, but China has such a large engineering sector, I'm guessing with the right designer they are capable of reproducing gym equipment, it's their ability to keep their overheads down that never fails to amaze me, to be able to manufacture and ship at those prices is pretty incredible.

Woah i didn't know they used Kevlar. I may need to change my quotes...

Through my understanding Kevlar advantage is can handle more load while being smoother? Is that correct?

I got quoted £2,420 (ex VAT) in regards to the Nautilus Impact Prone Leg curl with a 12 - 14 week lead time.

I may opt for Panatta monolith leg curl at this rate. With current offer its cheaper. Thoughts?

Still curious about these chinese brands. Amazing how they managed to pull it off. I think in a few years time theyre gonna be killing the kit.

All of my Panatta machines are plate loaded, as good as the Panatta selectorised machines feel, IMO the plate load are superior in most cases, particularly the deltoid Press, however I believe HealthNut thinks the Monolith High Row is every bit as good as the Plate Load version.

Yes I think only some of the Monolith units have Kevlar belts, I know the leg press is belt driven.

I have no doubt some of these Chinese manufactured units are well regarded, some of The Hammer copies I've tried were not particularly good, but China has such a large engineering sector, I'm guessing with the right designer they are capable of reproducing gym equipment, it's their ability to keep their overheads down that never fails to amaze me, to be able to manufacture and ship at those prices is pretty incredible.
    Yeah, I think I saw a post where he got customized a high row with a ultra heavy stack.

Yep, they have the capability. I will try the Nautilus-style machines next time I´m in the UK. When it comes to Realleader there is actually a gym 3-4 hours away from my home town with about 50-60 pieces. The owner said, with a couple exemptions, they overall performed better than Hammer Strength.

This was his main comments:
    - Better biomechanics (couple exemptions)
    - Better seat adjustability. Plate loaded Hammers are adjusted on rubber. These are adjusted with a lock-system.
    - Excellent padding and stitching.
    - Better grips. Rubber grips on Hammers tend to glide out.
    - Solid frames with thick tubes. No weight difference.

List price on the Iso Lateral Front Pulldown is $ 600..
    Last edited by MisterMagoo93; 01-11-2021 at 01:37 PM.

mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Shot in the dark..anyone use the Eleiko seal row bench? Cost aside, what you think?

Originally Posted by mathtcha View Post
    Shot in the dark..anyone use the Eleiko seal row bench? Cost aside, what you think?
    You should consider the Forge Prone Row Bench by Kustom Kit. Adjustable foot rollers and no need for height adjustments. It also got a hole for your chin. No wheels though, if that is important to you.

You should consider the Forge Prone Row Bench by Kustom Kit. Adjustable foot rollers and no need for height adjustments. It also got a hole for your chin. No wheels though, if that is important to you.

I don't have the KK row bench, but I do have a couple of Custom Kit benches, flat and adjustable superb build quality and great padding/upholstery.

I'm sure Christian would add wheels for an additional cost.