JM123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JM123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JM123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JM123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JM123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JM123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JM123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JM123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JM123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JM123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JM123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone Here Walk to Lose Fat

Did Anyone during there cut walk instead of run to lose fat. Did it walking burn fat good?

Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do
    "Thank God for pure NATURAL strength." ~ Ronnie Coleman

NASM Certified Trainer

Max Bench: 485

Female Body Sculpter tight booty's Avatar
    tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I do a combination of brisk walking, clean diet and weights!

newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newedgepnoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I walk too on days I'm not lifting. I walk for about 5 miles. But sometimes I mix it up and jog or run.

Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vaporize is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Forgot to mention I also do HIIT a few times a week. Walking + HIIT throughout the week is awesome for fat loss (given a good diet of course).
    "Thank God for pure NATURAL strength." ~ Ronnie Coleman

NASM Certified Trainer

Max Bench: 485

DKRanger22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DKRanger22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DKRanger22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DKRanger22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DKRanger22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DKRanger22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    With a moderately intensive walk (half hour - 45 minutes), accompanied by a clean diet and some weight resistance, I believe you will see excellent results. Results might not occur as quickly as with other intensive forms of cardio, but you will get them nonetheless.

Work in Progress.... Shhmmooove's Avatar
    Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000) Shhmmooove is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yep...still do....but with a max incline to increase the work rate....seems to be working, but I do like to mix it up with a jog/run, HIIT.
    =========================

"Never argue with idiots. They only bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000) PimpedHerOut is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Walking is great cardio for when you 1st start a cut or trying to lsoe weight. Once u get your bf low and want to get it even lower is when u need to do more intense cardio. But until that stage, walking + weights + good diet is a great combination!

Mod Hated My Prev Title b.spencer's Avatar
    b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There was a study released several months ago -- I'll see if I can find it and post the link -- that basically found that for most people there is a "sweet spot" of high intensity walking (between 4.5 and 5.5 mph walking, not jogging) where the calorie burn per minute is actually higher than running at similar speeds.

I've been using the method, with 8-12% incline on the treadmill, for my HIIT cardio days since the new year and have had great results from it.
    Last edited by b.spencer; 05-06-2008 at 08:38 AM.
    "You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you. They will stumble; they will fall. But, in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." Jor-El
    ---
    Kris Gethin's Body By Design, pg. 43/44 (Yes, that s me)

mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Walking a great way to lose fat. It's easy on your body too.

Registered User CLARK_KENT_1982's Avatar
    CLARK_KENT_1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CLARK_KENT_1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CLARK_KENT_1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CLARK_KENT_1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CLARK_KENT_1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CLARK_KENT_1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CLARK_KENT_1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CLARK_KENT_1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CLARK_KENT_1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CLARK_KENT_1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CLARK_KENT_1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if your gonna walk to lose weight be sure to do it on an incline. that is the most effetive way. personally i prefer to run.

givemynameback will become famous soon enough. (+50) givemynameback will become famous soon enough. (+50) givemynameback will become famous soon enough. (+50) givemynameback will become famous soon enough. (+50) givemynameback will become famous soon enough. (+50) givemynameback will become famous soon enough. (+50) givemynameback will become famous soon enough. (+50) givemynameback will become famous soon enough. (+50) givemynameback will become famous soon enough. (+50) givemynameback will become famous soon enough. (+50) givemynameback will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I walk about 4.3 miles at a speed of 5 mph (i jog few blocks in between). I'm losing around 1 -2 lbs a week. Its better on my legs. I used to run everyday then my calves start to hurt like hell so I started walking. It's easier on my legs.

:: 6'3 256lb Endo :: MasterJedi's Avatar
    MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000)
    I walk on an incline for about 10 minutes then I switch to jogging.
    \m/ Hook'em Horns \m/

"The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas are upon you all the live long day ...

The Eyes of Texas are upon you, you cannot get away ...

Do not think you can escape them at night or early in the morn ...

The Eyes of Texas are upon you 'till Gabriel blows his horn ."

\m/ hook'em horns \m/

Short term goal is to weight 230lbs....

Long term goal is to weight 200lbs....

I am at 256lbs. Started at 286lbs at the middle of August 09.

thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thedrivenone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Vaporize View Post
    Forgot to mention I also do HIIT a few times a week. Walking + HIIT throughout the week is awesome for fat loss (given a good diet of course).
    Since I'm trying to add muscle to my frame, and I'm at right now 157lbs, 14.5% BF. I was thinking after a few months of adding some lean mass on there, I cut and was thinking of doing cardio 5-6 times a week. 2-3 HIIT sessions in the afternoone, 2-3 Morning Walk sessions.

Do you Walk in the morning? Like a fasted cardio walk, so it's not too strenuous on your muscles?

sup3ry0shi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so far walking worked great for me. but i gradually walked faster and faster each day. and now jogging or sometimes doing hiit with some friends.
    Cutting Progress
    Start - April 21st 2008 - 202 lbs
    Currently - May 31st 2008 - 179.0 lbs

unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah walking is a hard exercise indeed, in fact 45 mins of walking is a tasking workout, i dont know why many people claim that walking is only for elderly, but walking burns a lot of calories. 1 hour of walking burns about 500 calories

unsoberx

Originally Posted by tight booty View Post
    I do a combination of brisk walking, clean diet and weights!
    "It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ehmien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by unsoberx View Post
    Yeah walking is a hard exercise indeed, in fact 45 mins of walking is a tasking workout, i dont know why many people claim that walking is only for elderly, but walking burns a lot of calories. 1 hour of walking burns about 500 calories

unsoberx
    Or you could run for 30min burn more than those 500calories and give your cardiovascularity a boost? I mean having a nice condition and being able to run is pretty fun also.