Thread: Road to 500kg

plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Road to 500kg

After a long 3 months off because.of shoulder injury. Im finally back in the gym. Need to also incorporate more cardio in my workouts to burn the extra calories to lose some fat.

The young boy broke the scales and don't intend on using it to measure weight. Sitting at around 103kg and would like to get down to below 100kg. Then aim for 95kg. And ultimately 90kg. FYI I am 183cm.

This log is to track my workout and what I ate each day. Not really counting calories but keeping it simple by monitoring portion sizes, carb timing, and fasting.

Will be focussing on progressive overload and strength testing every four weeks.

My current 1rm are (After lifting again for 3 weeks)

Bench 100kg
    Deadlift 170kg
    Squat 80kg

My goal here is to total 500kg. A calculated estimate of how I will achieve this is

Bench 130kg
    Deadlift 220kg
    Squat 150kg

My other current 1rm are

Incline bench 80kg
    Seated overhead press 70kg

Goals.for these two are to increase these by 20kg each

Timing wise looking to hit these totals by my 32nd bday end of July 2020.

Cheers
    Last edited by plAythiNG; 01-23-2020 at 10:34 PM.

plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Solid 2 hour plus workout today.

shoulders
    - front and side lat raises. Supersetted each 5 sets of 15reps
    - db shoulder press. top set of 50lbs. 3 rounds of 5 sets of 15 reps

legs
    - leg extensions - 3 x 20reps
    - squats. Pyramid; 10 reps at 30kg, and dropped a rep and increased weight by 10kg. Got down to set 6 which was 5 reps at 80kg. Did just 2 reps and felt some pain in lower back to stopped. Hence why I did the massive volume of shoulder press above

back
    - bent over rows. On machine, 5 sets of 15reps at 10kg
    - lat pulldown - 10 x 10reps

cardio
    - 2 x 15min @ 5.0 incline and 5km/h

Food

9am - can of tuna, 1 x egg, and half a cup of rice

11am - 2 x chicken thighs and half a cup of rice

3pm - chicken breast, lettuce, mayo in bread roll

5pm - chinese stew; Pork, tofu, bean curd, veges, prawns

weekend. so no training and cheat a lil.

830am - 350g grilled haloumi cheese with green salad, cucumber and tomato

1030am - 2 pieces white bread with butter, can of tuna and leaf salad

1pm - snacked on chips, some chinese bbq pork, 2 x 300ml bottle of coke

5pm - 2 x pork chops, half bowl of rice

weekend/chinese new year tried to limit my food consumption

9am - tuna on white bread with salad

1130am - coupe pieces of roasted duck, a bread roll, and 6 mini spring rolls

2pm - maccas veggie burger and small fries

530pm - 2 eggs and veggies

no workout as i try to leave sat/sun as no workout fo recovery

830am - tuna on white bread with salad

930am workout;
    - 30 min walking to gym (2.5km)
    - shoulder/lateral warm up
    - lat pulldowns
    - incline bench press. top set at 100kg
    - machined rows (lower back still in pain from squats on friday before)
    - ez curl bicep curls
    - tricep pushdowns
    - db shoulder press top set 50lb for 10 reps
    - 30 min walking home (2.5km)

1130am - scoop of whey

1pm (famly lunch) - half a burger some chips, shared a marsbar cheesecake

5pm - 3 eggs and veggies

830am - 300g eye fillet steak and cucumbers/tomato

930am workout;
    - 30 min walking to gym (2.5km)
    - shoulder/lateral warm up
    - lat pulldowns
    - incline db press. pyramid style workout that I like to test strength and overall volume. Its 15 sets, starting at a low warmup weight, and as each set progresses, I up the weight, and drop the rep. I like doing this every now and then to test my strength. Ive been working out for a few weeks now, and wanted to test my overall strength to see how i am progressing. This is how I did the incline db press;

15 reps at 25lb
    14 reps at 30lb
    13 reps at 35lb
    12 reps at 40lb
    11 reps at 45lb
    10 reps at 50lb
    9 reps at 55lb
    8 reps at 60lb
    7 reps at 65lb
    6 reps at 70lb
    5 reps at 75lb
    4 reps at 80lb
    3 reps at 85lb
    2 reps at 90lb
    2 reps at 95lb

Normally I would go down to 1, but when I did the first rep at 95lb, I felt like I had more gas in the tank so did a second. I could have pushed it to 100lb but I could my tendons feeling tight so didnt want to exceed! my PB is a 115 or 120lb so still some time to get back up there

- 30 min walking home (2.5km)

1130am - 2 scoops of whey

1pm - 6 chinese dumplings boiled

3pm - half a mango, natural yoghurt, 2 scooops of whey

530pm - 3 eggs and veggies

Lately as I been on holdiays I have been doing two workouts a few times during the week. I fell asleep at 2pm which killed it! plus its too damn hot in australia atm! Also this was the first day I decided to trim my carb intake. If it wasnt for the dumplings, I would have had no starchy carbs.

FYI my diet inckusive of subtracting 500 cals is at the 1700 mark. Aiming for 50/30/20 (P/F/C)

Fially caught up! Wednesday!

830am - 2 fried eggs and cucumbers/tomato

930am - 45min walk - 3km or something slow

1130am - 300g eye fillet steak with cucumbers and tomato

1230pm gym

- shoulder/lat warm up
    - db shoulder press 6 sets of 15 reps, from 25lb to 50lb
    - seated OHP - 5x3 @ 60kg then followed by 3 reps, 2 reps, and 1 rep Tried to complete a full 5x5 @ 60kg but not there yet!
    - 6x10 lat pulldown at 50kg
    - walked home. 2.5km

2pm - some natural greek yoghurt, fresh mango, 4 walnuts, and 3 dark cholate dipped almonds

330pm - 2 scoops of whey

530pm - pan fried salmon and vege

8pm - 1 scoop of whey

side note; last 2 days I have been feeling a bit tired/lethargic whilst at home. Believe this is a combination of reduction in calories. circa 600-700 calories reduced, plus also looking to reduce/eliminate starchy carbs too!

No gym today. schedule was a bit stuffed up.

10am - 1 poached egg with guac, corn fritter and smoked salmon

1230pm - some salami, small amount of ocean trout and half a bread roll. 1.5 bottle of red and 2 beers

530pm - 2 x steaks, some broccoli

730pm - 2 scoops of whey

first week back to work was MANIC. Ended up drinking every day - clients etc.

Anyways;

meal 1 - 2 eggs, some rice, 2 x chicken drumsticks, and kim chi

meal 2 - bowl of ramen, soft shell crab salad, cha shu, glass of coke

meal 3 - grilled barramundi, bok choy, chicken and sweet corn soup

meal 4 - natural greek yoghurt granola and honey