Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Firefightn24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dusky99 View Post
    Are those people high-functioning? What makes them hard to work with?
    I have a student in my class with diagnosed Aspergers. Extremely intelligent, but basically can't work with other students for more than 3 seconds. Rude to peers over the smallest thing. The student will also separate themselves from others, and even chooses to sit off to the side by themselves in the cafeteria during lunch. Meltdowns and tantrums also occur over very small things.

I watched this student and one of my special education kids get into an argument one day whether time machines are real or not. Ended up with my GT student having a meltdown. Extremely literal and logical and thinks things like jokes are stupid because they don't make sense.
    Being anti-2nd Amendment is like saying "We have too many rights, please take some away!"

dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was diagnosed as an aspie, not sure if that is still what it is called. For me it makes it hard to have relationships as I have extreme apathy towards others and it is virtually impossible for me to connect with people. I have to do the same things over and over but on my own terms, if someone tries to mess up my routines I will have a melt down and not be able to function for a bit. I also have to create personas for the different functions in my life at work I am work me - I wrote down all of the attributes I thought would be useful and created that person - this changes as I find new things that work or don’t work in different situations. I do this with everything. If I get out in a situation unexpectedly and I haven’t mentally prepared I leave no question, in the past I tried to stay but would have temper tantrums as the emotional stress is almost always too much for me. I have very narrow focus and interests - I talk to my wife about nuclear physics and engineering for hours and have no idea that she doesn’t care about it. I have zero desire to talk to anyone ever unless it’s about something I want to talk about.

I chose a career for which being autisic is a plus - engineering. I get left alone to solve problems and only have to interact with others when I feel like it.

The other weird things I’ve been told I do: I have very weird phobias- I’m legitimately worried about ketchup touching me or being too close to me, I’ve been told I speak as though I’m reciting a poem, when I walk I always walk in abnormal gates and create different patterns, I have a hard time gauging appropriate amounts of eye contact there are others but those come to mind.
    no crew crew

dusky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dusky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dusky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dusky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dusky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dusky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dusky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dusky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dusky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dusky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dusky99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dingler View Post
    I was diagnosed as an aspie, not sure if that is still what it is called. For me it makes it hard to have relationships as I have extreme apathy towards others and it is virtually impossible for me to connect with people. I have to do the same things over and over but on my own terms, if someone tries to mess up my routines I will have a melt down and not be able to function for a bit. I also have to create personas for the different functions in my life at work I am work me - I wrote down all of the attributes I thought would be useful and created that person - this changes as I find new things that work or don’t work in different situations. I do this with everything. If I get out in a situation unexpectedly and I haven’t mentally prepared I leave no question, in the past I tried to stay but would have temper tantrums as the emotional stress is almost always too much for me. I have very narrow focus and interests - I talk to my wife about nuclear physics and engineering for hours and have no idea that she doesn’t care about it. I have zero desire to talk to anyone ever unless it’s about something I want to talk about.

I chose a career for which being autisic is a plus - engineering. I get left alone to solve problems and only have to interact with others when I feel like it.

The other weird things I’ve been told I do: I have very weird phobias- I’m legitimately worried about ketchup touching me or being too close to me, I’ve been told I speak as though I’m writing a poem, when I walk I always walk in abnormal gates and created different patterns there are others but those come to mind.
    Do you walk around on your tippy toes and hold your hands to your ears when experiencing sensory overload?

Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rad203 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I cant comment on it being overdiagnosed, but i can tell you for a fact it exists. My friend ive known since school would be one you can say is "on the spectrum", and as much of a nice dude he is, he really is quite a oddball in the sense after a few minutes conversation you'll find somethings a bit "off". Although his is smart and pretty witty, he is quite socially retarded and cant read people, is quite oblivious to social norms and completely hopeless with women. He cant really conform, he sticks out quite a bit dresses really quirky, not exactly reddit fedora level but close. I've tried to help him but to be honest i dont think he can actually change so i let him be himself, as flawed as he can be.

dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dingler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dusky99 View Post
    Do you walk around on your tippy toes and hold your hands to your ears when experiencing sensory overload?
    I don’t do tippy toes but I do walk in particular patterns based on what’s going on. For me sensory overload is weird, if I’m expecting it and have planned for it like if I’m going to a concert then I enjoy the music and lights. If I haven’t planned for it I have to leave the situation or I get really upset and anxious. I only allow my aspieness to come out around my wife since she knows me, usually. If I’m with friends I will try to hide it but I have had a few episodes, so I really try to avoid situations I think might trigger me. Best thing for me to calm down is be in a dark quiet place by myself.
    no crew crew

SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Probably one of the most falsely self diagnosed things ever. Its a real thing but goes behind being horrible socially.
    Proof Angels exist: OzleyASMR

“Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude. He's trying to help you out.”

It's better than prison maori-rap's Avatar
    maori-rap has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) maori-rap has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) maori-rap has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) maori-rap has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) maori-rap has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) maori-rap has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) maori-rap has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) maori-rap has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) maori-rap has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) maori-rap has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) maori-rap has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eod8989 View Post
    I'm almost certain i have it. I have intense passions for a few hobbies but don't care about anything else. I have a difficult time expressing myself to other people. Little emotions. And avoid eye contact a lot. I don't act like Jason Genova or anything but i do act more like a kid that i should and find it extremely hard to socialize with people.

I just don't know how i can have so much trouble picking up social cues or understanding how to be social if i don't have it.
    You have managed to form (I believe) at least two serious relationships with females, who I assume are not on the spectrum? A seriously autistic person would have much more trouble than you forming relationships with their preferred sex.

Being socially introvert, reclusive, having issues with talking openly to people, avoiding eye contact, being emotionally inhibited, enjoying your own company are all traits which are more connected to personality and perhaps past life experience rather than mental/psychological disorders.

I miss the old days when naughty kids could be called just that, rather than their parents pulling the old "he's got ADHD" like its a magic excuse card which excuses any wrongdoing on the child's part.
    "Honor is something that all men are born with. It cannot be taken from you nor can it be granted. It must only not be lost."

mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000) mommaofobama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Poor social skills don't mean you have autism just like being stupid doesn't mean you're retarded.

iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iKickMidgets is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by maori-rap View Post
    You have managed to form (I believe) at least two serious relationships with females, who I assume are not on the spectrum? A seriously autistic person would have much more trouble than you forming relationships with their preferred sex.

Being socially introvert, reclusive, having issues with talking openly to people, avoiding eye contact, being emotionally inhibited, enjoying your own company are all traits which are more connected to personality and perhaps past life experience rather than mental/psychological disorders.

I miss the old days when naughty kids could be called just that, rather than their parents pulling the old "he's got ADHD" like its a magic excuse card which excuses any wrongdoing on the child's part.
    People with aspergers are getting married all the time, there are famous people with it. Rappers such a Cheif Keef and Mostack in the UK. I wouldn't say it's so common but people are probably diagnosing themselves with it just because they're a little weird or like to think of themselves that way just as every girl says she has depression when she feels sad. I have been diagnosed by one of my former councillors when I was a teenager, I could go and get it at the doctors but whats the point, I want to work and live a normal life instead of sitting around watching anime.
    Arsenal FC crew.
    Invented the line that got Ghostbrah laid crew.

Black Lives Matter elterrible987's Avatar
    elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I know two people closely that come to mind.

1. First guy, in highschool/college. This is like 1999-2009ish, before aspergers became a big thing. You look at any lists of any symptoms and he had it down to a tee, even the robotic gait. He always seemed like he was marching up hill even on flat ground. He was super into computers and actually got an IT degree and works successfully in industry. He seemed pretty much asexual or whatever sexuality he had was deeply suppressed. He would hang out with us at school if he had down time but we could never get him to do anything outside of school. I knew him for like 10 years and went to a movie 1 time with him.

2. Second guy I work with now. He says he is autistic and his children are too. His kids do act up in school sometimes and theyre also very smart like him. I didnt pick up on it, it manifests itself very differently from what Ive seen. Im not sure if thats the right diagnosis or not. He is a workaholic and very smart. He does have no filter at all and doesnt seem to recognize the social cues for political correctness at work. Not as in making raunchy jokes but if anyone doesnt live up to his high standards he will let them and anyone else know it without filter. Hes obviously highly functional, way more so than the first guy. You wouldnt know anything was up unless you worked closely with him. There is definitely something off but Im not even sure if it is autism like he says. He isnt much for socializing but he does have a few very specific hobbies, you can get him talking about them but you have to kind of draw it out of him.
    Last edited by elterrible987; 03-10-2019 at 06:29 PM.

gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gtg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    from webmd

"When you meet someone who has Asperger's syndrome, you might notice two things right off. He's just as smart as other folks, but he has more trouble with social skills. He also tends to have an obsessive focus on one topic or perform the same behaviors again and again."
    basically a bodybuilder
    .:Foot Fetish Club:.

Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TheAdlerian View Post
    I've had clients who really have it and it's an extremely bizarre and rare condition.

Several years ago the autism foundation was low on money. So, they got psychology to broaden the definition dramatically to include many normal behaviors of shy people, poorly socialized people, and so on. That then allowed more people to be diagnosed to raise more money.

Super unethical.

A true person with autism doesn't know they have it, doesn't care, and wouldn't be on the internet talking about it, or anywhere. They're autistic because they're oblivious to such stuff.
    For many years I struggled thinking well I am just very shy with a good dose of introversion until i heard about aspergers. After reading about it I felt that I identified strongly with these aspergers traits. it was like some finally explained why i struggled in the way that i have. thats why i have been behaving as i do and whilst people found my behaviour odd.

I had been oblivious for most of my life but i have now become aware of it everything makes more sense. i resonate with pretty much all the aspergers symptoms the only thing is that i am quite empathic which apparently there is a subset of aspies who have empathic

Surely there needs to be a categorization that identifies the difference between Autistic and those with some autistic traits but are still cognizant enough to be aware that they are behaving in a different strange ways. So some people with Apsergers may not be on their tippy toes from sensory overload but that does not mean that there problem can be dismissed as someone who just needs a personality bootcamp. Perhaps one could say people are on the apsergers spectrum.

rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    from webmd

basically a bodybuilder
    Alright, shy people with serious hobbies are aspie. Great. I've read through this thread. Pretty sure if autism has a spectrum then I am fukkin UV. I tip toed around as a kid because I found cold floors overwhelming. I still do that when I am barefoot, my wife makes fun of me. I do not give a chit about social status nor have I ever been able to perceive my own, but I do care about personal relationships. I play tf out of guitar and have since pre-puberty. I have an MSEE because I just want to build guitar amps.

I don't really think I am on the spectrum. Honestly, I am painfully normal. The med industry paints in too broad of strokes sometimes.
    Boycott foodservice industry crew

katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jyzz View Post
    For many years I struggled thinking well I am just very shy with a good dose of introversion until i heard about aspergers. After reading about it I felt that I identified strongly with these aspergers traits. it was like some finally explained why i struggled in the way that i have. thats why i have been behaving as i do and whilst people found my behaviour odd.

I had been oblivious for most of my life but i have now become aware of it everything makes more sense. i resonate with pretty much all the aspergers symptoms the only thing is that i am quite empathic which apparently there is a subset of aspies who have empathic

Surely there needs to be a categorization that identifies the difference between Autistic and those with some autistic traits but are still cognizant enough to be aware that they are behaving in a different strange ways. So some people with Apsergers may not be on their tippy toes from sensory overload but that does not mean that there problem can be dismissed as someone who just needs a personality bootcamp. Perhaps one could say people are on the apsergers spectrum.
    IMO autism and ADD are a lot like bodybuilding/fitness in the sense that there are a lot of stereotypes and so much old/bad information.

On autism and empathy:
    https://the-art-of-autism.com/autist...he-real-story/
    INTP Crew
    Inattentive ADD Crew
    Mom That Miscs Crew

MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No the most over-diagnosed are ADHD and depression.

One was never an actual problem until they made medicine for it.

Wait, actually both.
    The billionaire and the beggar both have 24 hours in a day.

That's why grandma's apple pie rocks and yours sucks.

[QUOTE=Dave22reborn]At least it will thunderstorm tonight, and we know how they feel about water. :)[/QUOTE]

^^^Racist police officer who also cries about how racism doesn't exist, also cries reverse racism and typifies the stupidity of the racist right, referring to black people as "they" and regurgitating racist stereotypes.

Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jyzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by katya422 View Post
    IMO autism and ADD are a lot like bodybuilding/fitness in the sense that there are a lot of stereotypes and so much old/bad information.

On autism and empathy:
    https://the-art-of-autism.com/autist...he-real-story/
    Exactly.

I think society perceives the behaviour of spectrum people as that are lacking in empathy simply because they misintepreting their behaviours.

Originally Posted by MBisonSon View Post
    No the most over-diagnosed are ADHD and depression.

One was never an actual problem until they made medicine for it.

Wait, actually both.
    I agree that ADD and depression diagnoses have been grossly exaggerated and used for profit but to say they were never a problem is not a reasonable conclusion at all. Especially depression which is very real and devasting in some cases and i dont mean exogenous depression.

MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree that ADD and depression diagnoses have been grossly exaggerated and used for profit but to say they dont exist is not a reasonable conclusion at all. Especially depression which is very real and devasting in some cases and i dont mean exogenous depression.
    LOL OK but how do they diagnose it?

Person just comes in and says they're depressed.

Also IMO if we wanna legitimize them then it would also make sense to look at how diet factors in.

I'd bet a lot of money that most people with depression also have terrible diets, they go hand in hand.

Sure you'd still have oddball outliers with actual chemical imbalances, but I'd wager that they represent a very small fraction of those diagnosed.
    The billionaire and the beggar both have 24 hours in a day.

That's why grandma's apple pie rocks and yours sucks.

[QUOTE=Dave22reborn]At least it will thunderstorm tonight, and we know how they feel about water. :)[/QUOTE]

^^^Racist police officer who also cries about how racism doesn't exist, also cries reverse racism and typifies the stupidity of the racist right, referring to black people as "they" and regurgitating racist stereotypes.

TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

You need to look up the DSM-IV definition of Aspergers. It is a weird condition and makes a person largely unable to function.

Also, the main feature of autistic people and the personality disorder that's like it, Schizoid Personality Disorder, is pathological introversion. With autism it's a physical inability to be normally interactive. With personality disorders its social forces that made the person totally discouraged from interacting with others so they become extremely withdrawn and isolated.

So, whether it's true autism or a personality disorder, these people do not know they have it. They aren't interested in knowing, or can't, because they can't get the concept they're autistic. Retarded people don't know they're stupid and autistic people don't know they are either.

If you tell them they are and what they're missing, they will not understand. They will not post on forums or talk about it because they aren't interested. Depressed people don't understand happy, anxious don't understand calm, and so forth, but something like autism is a million times more intense.

Diagnosis:

In psych you aren't supposed to just "diagnose" someone but do "differential diagnosis" which means comparing similar diagnosis, and NORMAL BEHAVIOR, to make sure you give the right diagnosis. You want to "do no harm" and make sure you don't tell someone they're mentally ill if they aren't.

If anyone is on a forum like this, or in public, talking about how they have autism they probably don't. They probably have normal minds and suffer from poor socialization due to incompetent parents, they may not be good looking and so shunned by others, which creates a Schizoid personality, they may have grown up rurally, been a latch key kid, and so on.

All of that are a bunch of normal variants in how people develop.
    If you want to ask me a question:

Ask: TheAdlerian

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150655983&p=1000366043#post1000366043

Read my science fiction novel:

http://www.amazon.com/Echelon-Adlerian-ebook/dp/B00RCFFTKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419640250&sr=8-1&keywords=Echelon+the+adlerian

superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think when you find out Trump is aspie, Putin is aspie, Einstein was aspie, Zuckenberg is aspie, etc, all of a sudden other people wanna be aspies too, srs
    John 3:16

Natty for life
    Red for life
    I'm not really 50, I'm 47, idk how to change the age
    Autism crew (Asperger's syndrome)
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Guys stop making me green! I actually enjoy being red! It's more alpha!
    Born again Christian crew
    Heavy metal crew
    Sometimes the stuff I say is just ''trolling''

Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    People itt saying they thought they were weird but turns out it's just Asperger's like that makes you more normal.
    "I'm not awkward and weird, I have a condition"
    No, you just joined a club of really weird people who are accepting new members.

superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Natty for life
    Red for life
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Heavy metal crew

andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrew28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by UknowWho11 View Post
    higher intelligence and bit of antisocial behavior is most of the time misdiagnosed for asperger's, so yeah
    Isaac Newton had it and is said to have most likely died a virgin

That’s gotta suck to accomplish all of that and never get rewarded with pussy in the end

Natty for life
    Red for life
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Heavy metal crew

Natty for life
    Red for life
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Heavy metal crew

Natty for life
    Red for life
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Heavy metal crew

Natty for life
    Red for life
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Heavy metal crew

Natty for life
    Red for life
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Heavy metal crew

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Social media and the internet in general has stunted people’s social skills and kept them indoors and alone more now... to the point where they THINK they’re autistic... I don’t buy it though. I think those people who ACTUALLY have that for real are still few and far between.

Originally Posted by TheAdlerian View Post
    You need to look up the DSM-IV definition of Aspergers. It is a weird condition and makes a person largely unable to function.

Also, the main feature of autistic people and the personality disorder that's like it, Schizoid Personality Disorder, is pathological introversion. With autism it's a physical inability to be normally interactive. With personality disorders its social forces that made the person totally discouraged from interacting with others so they become extremely withdrawn and isolated.

So, whether it's true autism or a personality disorder, these people do not know they have it. They aren't interested in knowing, or can't, because they can't get the concept they're autistic. Retarded people don't know they're stupid and autistic people don't know they are either.

If you tell them they are and what they're missing, they will not understand. They will not post on forums or talk about it because they aren't interested. Depressed people don't understand happy, anxious don't understand calm, and so forth, but something like autism is a million times more intense.

Diagnosis:

In psych you aren't supposed to just "diagnose" someone but do "differential diagnosis" which means comparing similar diagnosis, and NORMAL BEHAVIOR, to make sure you give the right diagnosis. You want to "do no harm" and make sure you don't tell someone they're mentally ill if they aren't.

If anyone is on a forum like this, or in public, talking about how they have autism they probably don't. They probably have normal minds and suffer from poor socialization due to incompetent parents, they may not be good looking and so shunned by others, which creates a Schizoid personality, they may have grown up rurally, been a latch key kid, and so on.

All of that are a bunch of normal variants in how people develop.
    Even if one does not fit the DSM-IV definition of Aspergers how does one reconcile experiencing almost identical behaviours just on a lessor degree of severity yet still causing major problems in their life? I believe there is a grey area where an individual can become cognizant of behaviours they illicit which are congruent with autism or a personality disorder which are of innate biological origin. Aspergers seems to fit the bill but not clinically it seems.

I dont believe dysfunctional and problematic behaviour consistent with autism and or personality disorders are 100 % socialisation if the individual is unaware that something is wrong. Like i said i was unaware for many years of how different i was. My siblings dont have the same problems i have yet they had the same upbringings. For as long as i can remember i have had the same problems. There is a strong family history of autism and mental illness from my mothers side which involves government pensions and carers. Just a coincidence?

Depressed and anxious people often understand being happy and calm otherwise why would they complain? They might not know how to feel better as they cant rationalize their way out of it, but they do recognise the problem very well even if they cant relate to being happy an calm at that very moment in time.
    Last edited by Jyzz; 03-10-2019 at 08:54 PM.