Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hazel1440 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sandaltan View Post
    whats the point in reading books and watching vids if you don't listen to any of the advice?
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. I listened to the advice. I never go under my calories because it would lower my metabolism. I tried fasting. For medical reasons having to do with my blood sugar issues, I can't do 16 hours at this time, so I do 14. Not sure what advice I'm not following that you think I should.

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    the guy's a dork. hes completely ignorant to the fact that if you eat less, your metabolism will slow, and your body will burn fewer calories, and you'll stay the same weight. its proven that eating less doesnt work if your goal is to preserve muscle and burn fat.
    If a person is maintaining their weight it's because they're eating at maintenance calories.

The key to fat loss is to preserve muscle first and lose body fat second. Create a deficit though your diet based on your individual stats. Set your protein amount and divide your remaining calories the way you see fit. Stay in your deficit, stay consistent with training/cardio and win win for everyone.

I don't care if you eat 1 or 10 meals a day. That part is a personal preference and nothing more.

And yes I'm a IF follower. Been using it for years...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    Have you ever lost weight before? Jesus fuk the broscience is strong with you.
    im not trying to lose weight, im trying to lose fat, for the millionth time, and if you took 5 min to watch dr jungs vid which i handed to you on a linked silver platter, you could see the actual science that shows during a fast, your body burns stored fat for fuel and maintains metabolism.

did you know that some things are real science? are you having trouble sorting them out?

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    the guy's a dork. hes completely ignorant to the fact that if you eat less, your metabolism will slow, and your body will burn fewer calories, and you'll stay the same weight. its proven that eating less doesnt work if your goal is to preserve muscle and burn fat.
    This is complete and utter bullchit.

I've lost 115 pounds in 10 and a half months. I used to be on extremely low calories at times.

Link #1: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=174454421
    Link #2: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173909811

I went from obese to extremely skinny and then up to a normal state of lean. And I was completely untrained prior to doing that, so I had very little muscle mass but still didn't have the "skinny-fat" look at the end, quite to the contrary, I was "skinny-shredded" / very vascular. Been lean bulking ever since.

ROFLMFAO @ people still spewing the starvation mode nonsense. For fuk's sake, there are tons of posts on this very forum disproving that stupid myth. I could write tons of paragraphs explaining how that theory is all sorts of wrong, but it'd be a waste of time.

BTW: All of those "after" pics are old, including that one two months into the bulk. I look much different now. Will post progress photos eventually.

Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.PissShivers View Post
    Fasting is linked to longevity....
    this. whats the point of living longer if you are going to be hungry all the damn time

srsly though, IF is the chit. i need to cheat and use EC stack but it helps keep the hunger away
    US Navy Veteran
    eats sriracha with everything
    ^^VV<><> BA Start

Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    im not trying to lose weight, im trying to lose fat, for the millionth time, and if you took 5 min to watch dr jungs vid which i handed to you on a linked silver platter, you could see the actual science that shows during a fast, your body burns stored fat for fuel and maintains metabolism.

did you know that some things are real science? are you having trouble sorting them out?
    I watched your vid and commented on it already. Its time to neg eachother and move on.

In b4 "dr jung"

Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Dorich View Post

I've lost 115 pounds in 10 and a half months. I used to be on extremely low calories at times.

I went from obese to extremely skinny and then up to a normal state of lean. And I was completely untrained prior to doing that, so I had very little muscle mass but still didn't have the "skinny-fat" look at the end, quite to the contrary, I was "skinny-shredded" / very vascular. Been lean bulking ever since.

ROFLMFAO @ people still spewing the starvation mode nonsense. For fuk's sake, there are tons of posts on this very forum disproving that stupid myth. I could write tons of paragraphs explaining how that theory is all sorts of wrong, but it'd be a waste of time.

BTW: All of those "after" pics are old, including that one two months into the bulk. I look much different now. Will post progress photos eventually.
    The best gift you could ever give an overweight person is the simple truth about weight loss. Its easy. Eat less, move more. The rest is all noise.

MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MichaelDuong has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    IF was my staple during my cut last year.

I don’t necessarily follow it for the “benefits” such as insulin sensitivity/gh/more fat loss etc since there’s so much controversy on it we don’t know what the fuks actually right

I only did a 18/6 window last year because it made me feel like I was feasting on a **** load of food (bigger meals are less torture than tiny little meals throughout the day). After the first few hours after waking up there’s no hunger... literally feel alert and energetic. You think those dudes back in hunter/gatherer times ate breakfast lunch and dinner? Nah fam, he ran around chasing animals till he could shove his spear up their ass and then by then it’s nearing night time. He then eats up and heads to bed.

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The best gift you could ever give an overweight person is the simple truth about weight loss. Its easy. Eat less, move more. The rest is all noise.
    Repped.

What you say is truth, but no one wants to hear that it's that simple. There "has" to be "much more" to it.

sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Hazel1440 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. I listened to the advice. I never go under my calories because it would lower my metabolism. I tried fasting. For medical reasons having to do with my blood sugar issues, I can't do 16 hours at this time, so I do 14. Not sure what advice I'm not following that you think I should.
    oh ok, fair enough.

i was referring to the fact that you're heading your dr.s advice re not fasting (there seems to be little benefit to a 14 hour fast, but maybe some) while ignoring dr. jung's advice to fast. dr. jung also points out that medical professionals routinely administer terrible dieting advice to their patients. i might seek a 2nd opinion about fasting longer than 14 hours because honestly, if you're feeling light headed thats a sign that the fast is actually working. it means your glycogen is depleted and your body is converting to burning fat for fuel. the last few hours of a fast are the most beneficial. theres a lot of evidence that the first few days of fasting around 18 hours will be hard and your body will need to adjust. you may feel faint or light headed, or weak, get a headache, etc., but those usually go away after a few days.

if you have insulin response issues, intermittent fasting can help correct it.

just my $0.02 not being a dr and knowing your medical history. my best guess is that if a patient tells a dr they feel light headed if they fast, the dr will simply tell them not to fast, without really administering proper advice.

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz

Yep...I spent over a decade (closer to 2 decades,) dieting down for show, after show, after show and shoots.

Starvation mode not even once...still here patiently waiting for it to happen.
    Last edited by kimm4; 02-04-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

I watched your vid and commented on it already. Its time to neg eachother and move on.

In b4 "dr jung"
    so you watched his vid and labeled it bro science?

youre srsly not making sense

says its bullch*t

supports claim with literal logical fallacy (anecdotal story)

dorich, nobody cares about your personal story. thats not science. thats actually bro science. what matters is what the actual scientific evidence shows.

USADave85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USADave85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USADave85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USADave85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USADave85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USADave85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USADave85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USADave85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USADave85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USADave85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USADave85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did it as a kid and loved it. I need to stop being such a bitch and give it another go.

says its bullch*t

dorich, nobody cares about your personal story. thats not science. thats actually bro science. what matters is what the actual scientific evidence shows.
    "results don't matter, theory does"

pls go

kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingofturtles has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All studies show that there is no difference between when you eat/ how often you eat etc... when calories are equal. As far as removing dead cells (auto****y), fasting can do this, however, 1- no one actually knows how long you need to fast to enter auto****y and 2- just being in a caloric restriction of approx 20% for a long period of time will give you the same benefits.
    www.miscers.com

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177185321 ~ WoW Classic <MISCERS> guild horde thread GTFIH

320 bench press
    1000lbs club at 190ish lbs

Chargers, Angels, Lakers, Canucks.

says its bullch*t

It's not on me to DISPROVE "starvation mode".

LMAO @ your post.

I will now copy-paste from a post of mine from another forum, which dealt with both starvation mode as well as MUH thyroid excuses. This is from over two years ago:

Although there are tons of claims online of a person consistently eating [insert ridiculously low amount of calories here] and not losing weight, as well as a person consistently eating [insert ridiculously high amount of calories here] and not gaining (or even losing) weight, there is no science to back it up. Even Lyle McDonald who covered the topic quite extensively, has mentioned in one of his videos that he's aware of only two documented cases in which extremely obese individuals had trouble losing weight due to metabolic problems. And these people were very, very obese.

Yes, there are hormonal issues which can make it harder. Yes, when losing weight there are metabolic adaptations which can make it harder. That aside, it is nowhere as significant as people believe.

Even with hypo- and hyperthyroidism, the studies are pretty clear on this. I don't think I've heard, even in the most rare and extreme cases of hypothyroidism for example, that someone's resting metabolic rate (RMR) was affected by more than 30%. And usually it's about 10% - 15% the most.

Furthermore, there is not a shred of evidence (except pseudoscience / broscience) of some sort of "metabolic damage" affecting the average dieter. For a person going to very low levels (6% - 7% body fat) using extreme methods, there are certain metabolic issues which can arise, but even in those cases the body adapts pretty quickly when returning back to normal.

I'm far from an expert on this topic, but I've spent a lot of time since June 2016 reading anything and everything I could get my hands on regarding metabolism and nutrition. Among other things, here's some interesting stuff:

Study - Changes in resting energy expenditure and body composition in anorexia nervosa patients during refeeding:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8454812

Study - Effect of refeeding on the energy metabolism of adolescent girls who have anorexia nervosa:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1782924

In the above studies we're talking about people who were literally on semi-starvation or even starvation level calories for a very long time, much worse than what bodybuilders do while cutting, and their metabolism has adapted back to normal.

And here are some very insightful reads, in fact they're must reads for anyone interested in the subject:

https://www.sciencestrength.com/scie...ic-damage-myth

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/meta...form=hootsuite

http://www.ebpcoaching.com/blog/reve...amage-debunked

Of course, there's also this, directly from the American Thyroid Association:

"Since the BMR in the patient with hypothyroidism (see Hypothyroidism brochure) is decreased, an underactive thyroid is generally associated with some weight gain. The weight gain is often greater in those individuals with more severe hypothyroidism. However, the decrease in BMR due to hypothyroidism is usually much less dramatic than the marked increase seen in hyperthyroidism, leading to more modest alterations in weight due to the underactive thyroid. The cause of the weight gain in hypothyroid individuals is also complex, and not always related to excess fat accumulation. Most of the extra weight gained in hypothyroid individuals is due to excess accumulation of salt and water. Massive weight gain is rarely associated with hypothyroidism. In general, 5-10 pounds of body weight may be attributable to the thyroid, depending on the severity of the hypothyroidism. Finally, if weight gain is the only symptom of hypothyroidism that is present, it is less likely that the weight gain is solely due to the thyroid."

Source: http://www.thyroid.org/thyroid-and-weight/

The point I want to make with this post, is that based on my own research, my personal experience with long term dieting and successful fat loss (I'm still doing it), as well as personal experience talking with various dieters, is that in 99.99% of all "weight loss plateaus", it is a case of either incorrect calorie tracking, overestimating sedentary maintenance, overestimating physical activity, not weighing yourself properly, or various combinations of all these things.

For what it's worth, I myself thought that I had hit a plateau many months ago at around 93 kg, and was advised by several people to stop dieting and reverse diet back to maintenance. According to them, my body would not oxidize fat any longer because I was cutting for a long time. Well, they were wrong. The next week everything was fine. What did I do? I lowered calories slightly and increased activity. But maybe even if I hadn't done that, next week would've been fine, meaning that what I perceived as a plateau was perhaps just lots of undigested food in the colon combined with water weight. Who knows.

All that aside, people with thyroid issues absolutely do need to see a doctor, because the issue should be treated, and the treatment should make life more enjoyable.

"results don't matter, theory does"

pls go
    2nd logical fallacy - straw man. i didnt say that.

results matter in the aggregate, not individual results, you actual idiot.

here: https://thebestschools.org/magazine/...allacies-know/

anecdotal stories are classic logical fallacies that nobody should listen to.

brb one random lady lost 20lbs of fat by eating 1 cake a day

nobody with a brain cares about individual, anecdotal stories

Show me a single thorough, verified study that proves the existence of "starvation mode" in which no amount of calories leads to weight loss.

Show me a single photo of a concentration camp inmate who is fat.

Show me how this "starvation mode" functions, in detail, and furthermore how it defies the laws of thermodynamics.

bruh did you get hit with a neg

It's not on me to DISPROVE "starvation mode".

LMAO @ your post.

I will now copy-paste from a post of mine from another forum, which dealt with both starvation mode as well as MUH thyroid excuses. This is from over two years ago:
    im not sure what your studies have to do with this. the first 2 studies are about anorexic patients. IF is not anorexia.

Show me a single thorough, verified study that proves the existence of "starvation mode" in which no amount of calories leads to weight loss.

Show me a single photo of a concentration camp inmate who is fat.

Show me how this "starvation mode" functions, in detail, and furthermore how it defies the laws of thermodynamics.
    why dont you watch the fukking vid i linked in my OP dorich jesus christ

also literally nobody is saying there exists a "starvation mode in which no amount of calories leads to weight loss." nobody said anything like that exists. you're the only one.

the point of intermittent fasting is to still eat a sufficient amount of proteins, fats and carbs from healthy whole food sources, but to simply time the eating to a narrower window each day.

theres some kinda major disconnect in your basic understanding of intermittent fasting.

im not sure what your studies have to do with this. the first 2 studies are about anorexic patients. IF is not anorexia.
    Not sure if trolling.

Tempted to neg.

Not sure if trolling.

Tempted to neg.
    I usually don't neg over disagreements, but this fella is spreading misinformation which makes weight loss to beginners seem like an insurmountable complicated beast, when in actuality its CICO, and thats it.

So I got him on RC

lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Been doing IF for years and can't imagine living any other way. Total lifestyle shift and it works for me. Feel great all the time, never get painfully hungry. Breakfast was always a pain in the ass anyways. Now my first meal is post workout at noon.
    *Look at reflection in car window and flex every time crew*
    *Use half the roll to wipe after a poo crew*
    *Fart in the gym and blame rotten smell on faulty ventilation crew*
    *Fart at home and blame it on the dog crew*
    *Watch neutron-star density poop mock me as water flushes around it and it stays put crew*
    *Drive 2 minutes in the summer and back of shirt gets completely wet crew*
    *Coffee black as midnight on a moonless night crew*
    *Fat shame my cat on a daily basis crew*

Not sure if trolling.

Tempted to neg.
    dorich, what is your malfunction man. do you srsly think IF = anorexia???????

plz tell me youre trolling me right now

i think youre losing it

bruh did you get hit with a neg
    i dont neg ppl

dorich, what is your malfunction man. do you srsly think IF = anorexia???????

plz tell me youre trolling me right now

i think youre losing it
    u a bitch-ass

crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) crunchfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't have a deep understanding of food science or related areas but even when you consider that it takes considerably more more energy to digest and metabolise protein compared to carbs, and even more so than fat seems safe enough to say that CICO isn't quite right.

u a bitch-ass
    ok bud well way to not address the question at all

its a simple question. you seem to think intermittent fasting is the same thing as anorexia

anorexia = not eating calories every day

intermittent fasting = eating 3k calories in a shorter time window