Page 131 of 188 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 5619
    Buy high, sell higher. HMFIC_BROWSIN's Avatar
    HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looks like I'm going to continue upgrading components on my current bike and swap frames eventually.

Just ordered a wolf tooth dropper lever, the stock lever that came with my dropper post is seriously awful lol.

Now looking at oval chainrings! Seems like a good idea because I ride flat pedals and am missing out on some of the continuous stroke efficiency.

the new Santa cruz 5010 frame is so got damn SICK... Other than the ugly colors, it's perfect. Bright gloss red and it'd be perfect. I'll over-fork it with my 140mm, and plan to jump to 150mm eventually. I'm just going to fantasize about it a little longer b4 pulling the trigger.
    Spoiler alert; you die at the end.

HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Finally broke a 100 mile week. This is simply because im on the road bike more due to weather conditions. 30 in so far today, 11 more this evening.

Last winter nearly every week was a 100+ week, Im hoping to match that again.

Trying to figure out how to do a 'no car november' while building in some exceptions.

- Only use car for driving to trails to ride.

I think that will be my only exception where Im allowed to use the car. Pannier basket is ready for lots of grocery runs lol.

RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Took my sibling riding for the first time and gottdam the local trails are busy AF. Must be because all the downhill trails are closed for ski season prep. So annoyed that the easy trails that are good for beginners were being hammered by people who are obviously solid bikers and were rather rude to the usual slower going people. Fuel 8 was one hellofa rental though. Those 2.8 inch wheels hnnnnng
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    "the personification of greatness"

Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Starting to look like a bike.

I'm waiting for the headset and bars to come in so I can assemble the front end. Went with a 130mm Manitou Minute Comp. Can't wait to ride this! Going with black everything. Except the chainring cause I'm too cheap to buy a new one. This is the old one from my other bike.
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ

omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sup bike bros, I've finally joined the crew.

I picked up a 2012 Quick 5 used on Craigslist. Original owner gave me the original paperwork and receipts from the LBS he bought it at around here. He said he rode is hard for a few years and its been sitting around for a couple years.

-It's in fair condition. Mechanically everything seems sound, chain seems good, gears worked fine on my test ride, brakes as well. It does have some surface rust on the screws and some of the metal parts around the chain and stuff, but I don't think its much cause for concern.
    - I'm going to take it to the shop where it was originally purchased and see if they can give it a once over with me and give it a "tune-up" along with showing me the basics hopefully.
    - I did wipe it all down once with a damp cloth, and hit the chain and some of the screws with ballistol to just help lube and preserve I guess.
    - I just hope to use the bike for some extra cardio and riding around, so no serious bicycle racing or training.

- I paid $150 for the bike with a lock, and bike pump. How did I do?

Are you not entertained?

MFC #32

It's All About the U

Originally Posted by omnip0tent View Post

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/mDB6zXnZ/IMG-20181013-195917392.jpg[/IG]
    Time will tell, but keeping the budget super low on your first bike is KEY.

I paid $250 for my used road bike 4 years ago and still ride the chit out of it; maybe youll be lucky like that too. Only had to replace spokes, tires, tubes, a shifter, grip tape, BB.

omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) omnip0tent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HMFIC_BROWSIN View Post
    Time will tell, but keeping the budget super low on your first bike is KEY.

I paid $250 for my used road bike 4 years ago and still ride the chit out of it; maybe youll be lucky like that too. Only had to replace spokes, tires, tubes, a shifter, grip tape, BB.
    Yea I wanted something I wouldn't feel bad upgrading parts in if I needed too, but also for a first bike definitely wanted to stay low cost. And when I saw this one jump jumped on it.

I called the LBS where it was purchased at, they said the "Tune-up" would be $80 and I asked if they wouldn't mind showing me the basics of what I need to look for and they sounded nice about it. Do you think its worth it? or should I just ride it till I get some issues? I'm not mechanically retarded like I said I alrdy wiped it down, gave it a once over, oiled the moving metal parts some, adjusted the brakes a bit since they were rubbing the tires. I just don't know what I'm looking at when it comes to the gears/chains/brakes/etc... as far as condition and stuff.
    Are you not entertained?

MFC #32

It's All About the U

Yea I wanted something I wouldn't feel bad upgrading parts in if I needed too, but also for a first bike definitely wanted to stay low cost. And when I saw this one jump jumped on it.

I called the LBS where it was purchased at, they said the "Tune-up" would be $80 and I asked if they wouldn't mind showing me the basics of what I need to look for and they sounded nice about it. Do you think its worth it? or should I just ride it till I get some issues? I'm not mechanically retarded like I said I alrdy wiped it down, gave it a once over, oiled the moving metal parts some, adjusted the brakes a bit since they were rubbing the tires. I just don't know what I'm looking at when it comes to the gears/chains/brakes/etc... as far as condition and stuff.
    Yes it's worth it. Learning to do basic adjustments/ tweaks yourself will save tonssss of frustration, money, and time.

Some shops are amazing about their service, others suck azz. It all depends

MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MoeBettuh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Def worth it. Develop a good relationship with them and make them your go-to spot. Good luck.
    MFC

drum, it holds fifty, uh

Put on the wolftooth dropper lever (HNNNGG compared to the stock lever provided by Giant), and my oval chainring is on the way!

My recent upgrades have been AWESOME. Based on what ive read about oval chainrings, Im not expecting much lol. We shall see.

Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000) Carloswithac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Put on the wolftooth dropper lever (HNNNGG compared to the stock lever provided by Giant), and my oval chainring is on the way!

My recent upgrades have been AWESOME. Based on what ive read about oval chainrings, Im not expecting much lol. We shall see.
    When I switched to an oval ring, I definitely felt some improvement with my usual climbs. The biggest improvement was on a three mile climb on the road on the way to the trailhead. I have a 32. What brand did you go with?

Edit: it does take some getting used to.

Had a S-I-C-K ride today. Rode some flat single track that only gave me 660 feet of elevation gain over 24 miles. Felt really really GOAT. I almost always do more than 1300 feet of gain in under 15 miles when I ride so to just get out and pedal hard in my top gears through smooth flow felt awesome. I left the bike in the car so i can go back out again tomorrow afternoon.

My new seat is so incredible. It's one of those things you don't know what you're missing until you get the upgrade. There's still pressure on my sit bones after extended time (I refuse to use any type of chamois because they feel like a burning hot diaper), but I can still sit and pedal up until the very end of my rides now. New dropper lever was also insanely awesome lol. Bike is becoming a custom dream over time.

This is hilarious:

https://youtu.be/yotOZVELSMc

Originally Posted by Carloswithac View Post
    When I switched to an oval ring, I definitely felt some improvement with my usual climbs. The biggest improvement was on a three mile climb on the road on the way to the trailhead. I have a 32. What brand did you go with?

Edit: it does take some getting used to.
    I got the Absolute Black 32t one for my 94bcd cranks. I keep imagining it'll help when I'm big gear grinding, but really not sure what to expect. If it helps with fire road climbs, I'll be really really happy.
    Last edited by HMFIC_BROWSIN; 10-17-2018 at 11:19 AM.

I got the Absolute Black 32t one for my 94bcd cranks. I keep imagining it'll help when I'm big gear grinding, but really not sure what to expect. If it helps with fire road climbs, I'll be really really happy.
    I just pedaled around the neighborhood full sprint with this oval chainring for the first time and it feels COMPLETELY different than a round ring. It feels like I'm in an easier gear than I'm actually in. So strange. Maybe I'm such an inefficient pedaler on my flat pedals and overall bad technique that this will help me a lot more than the average person. Can't wait to take it out on the trails for a real trial.

Finally pulled the trigger on a new frame. 2018 santa cruz bronson (aluminum). Backcountry had a 20% off deal and I just couldnt resist a 150mm santa cruz @ $1519... Now I just need a 150mm fork and hopefully I'll be swapping all the parts off my old frame some time within the week.

Soooooo pumped. Getting a capable full susser has been on my mind constantly for way too long.

RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Finally pulled the trigger on a new frame. 2018 santa cruz bronson (aluminum). Backcountry had a 20% off deal and I just couldnt resist a 150mm santa cruz @ $1519... Now I just need a 150mm fork and hopefully I'll be swapping all the parts off my old frame some time within the week.

Soooooo pumped. Getting a capable full susser has been on my mind constantly for way too long.
    You're gonna love it fam. What are you upgrading from?
    Fitness connoisseur

Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

dope bro. cant go wrong with a bronson
    be the turtle in the race.

Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post
    You're gonna love it fam. What are you upgrading from?
    I'm on a 140mm forked hardtail. The Geo is similarish to the Bronson. Reach on current bike is 439mm, Bronson is 445mm. This will be my first full suspension bike.

Originally Posted by Cadet4life View Post
    dope bro. cant go wrong with a bronson
    I went back & forth a million times between options. My main concern was that I want a 460mm or shorter seat tube on a size=L; that narrowed it down substantially.

When the 2018 santa Cruz frames went on sale the 5010 was just too steep on HT, and too slack on ST compared to my current bike. Then I saw the Bronson was also on sale and the Geo #'s just seemed perfect - close to current bike, and there's no way I'll outgrow 150mm of travel any time soon. Some of the home trails around here are already bigger than the 130mm 5010.

Black is a good color, too. Lol. I'm not ready for a 29er yet. Nor do I want to shell out for carbon. This just seems perfect.

Heres a good video as applied to biking!

https://youtu.be/_fbCcWyYthQ

In my experience downhilling and doing some cross country type riding most of my friends aren't super thrilled with the 29ners vs 27.5. Of the 3 with the 29s 1 definitely wants to switch and another is considering it for his next bike. I don't really feel the difference from that though when I go back and forth between our bikes(I feel the shock difference significantly between a 2g bike and a $4500 bike though!). 150mm travel will get you far. What is the fattest tire you can fit in the fork? I'm looking at going up from a 2.4 but I'm not sure how much bigger I can go.

You'll have to pay a little closer attention to your pedal placement with the full sus. Your pedal can be significantly lower at the bottom of your pedal "stroke" if you are compressing your suspension significantly.
    Fitness connoisseur

Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cadet4life has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm on a 140mm forked hardtail. The Geo is similarish to the Bronson. Reach on current bike is 439mm, Bronson is 445mm. This will be my first full suspension bike.

I went back & forth a million times between options. My main concern was that I want a 460mm or shorter seat tube on a size=L; that narrowed it down substantially.

When the 2018 santa Cruz frames went on sale the 5010 was just too steep on HT, and too slack on ST compared to my current bike. Then I saw the Bronson was also on sale and the Geo #'s just seemed perfect - close to current bike, and there's no way I'll outgrow 150mm of travel any time soon. Some of the home trails around here are already bigger than the 130mm 5010.

Black is a good color, too. Lol. I'm not ready for a 29er yet. Nor do I want to shell out for carbon. This just seems perfect.

Heres a good video as applied to biking!

https://youtu.be/_fbCcWyYthQ
    i always thought the 5010 was too xcish. my buddy has one and he secretly regrets it. yeah dude 150mm is a good range, great for climbing and descending. im happy for you bro, i hope your bronson works out well. i was on a 650b and move up to a 29er... they both have their place. i miss the nimbleness of the 650b but the ability to plow through chit with the 29er is nuts. however, i was on a 140mm fork with a 5010 geo bike. so the bronson will more than likely be a better descender then what i had.

im going to save up some dough and get the trek remedy 8, i miss the 650b.

also, dope video. i've finally learned consistency triumphs intensity. i've learned the hard way. he's so right about training in the flow state. thats where progress happens. its such a western mentality to go hard af as often as you can. i want to progress as a cyclist this winter and really get after it next spring. im coming off a knee surgery so being smart is going to be key.

In my experience downhilling and doing some cross country type riding most of my friends aren't super thrilled with the 29ners vs 27.5. Of the 3 with the 29s 1 definitely wants to switch and another is considering it for his next bike. I don't really feel the difference from that though when I go back and forth between our bikes
    Yeah I mean, i rode BMX obsessively in highschool so even a 27.5er seems big to me. My old strava PR time on a super steep downhill VERY sharp switchback segment is still fastest on that old chitty 26er i got rid of a couple years ago. The bigger bikes just dont spin around turns as well.

150mm travel will get you far. What is the fattest tire you can fit in the fork? I'm looking at going up from a 2.4 but I'm not sure how much bigger I can go.

You'll have to pay a little closer attention to your pedal placement with the full sus. Your pedal can be significantly lower at the bottom of your pedal "stroke" if you are compressing your suspension significantly.
    Assuming i buy a boost fork for it, sky is the limit. Although on a full suspension, is anything above 2.5" ever necessary? Bigger tires seem brilliant for hardtails, but the cross country hard tail racers dont seem to use them either.

Im pretty much certainly getting a 150mm sektor fork for the bike. After putting tokens in my current sektor fork (140mm) it started riding like a DREAM. Ill stick to what i know.

i always thought the 5010 was too xcish. my buddy has one and he secretly regrets it. yeah dude 150mm is a good range, great for climbing and descending. im happy for you bro, i hope your bronson works out well. i was on a 650b and move up to a 29er... they both have their place. i miss the nimbleness of the 650b but the ability to plow through chit with the 29er is nuts. however, i was on a 140mm fork with a 5010 geo bike. so the bronson will more than likely be a better descender then what i had.

im going to save up some dough and get the trek remedy 8, i miss the 650b.

also, dope video. i've finally learned consistency triumphs intensity. i've learned the hard way. he's so right about training in the flow state. thats where progress happens. its such a western mentality to go hard af as often as you can. i want to progress as a cyclist this winter and really get after it next spring. im coming off a knee surgery so being smart is going to be key.
    Yeah this past summer when i rented a cabin in the mountains i strategically exerted myself on day 1 & day 2 so that Id still have gas for day 3. It was eye opening, and the most fun I ever had on my bike as an adult.

Nothing will ever match my mellow 4-5 hour bmx days (362 days a year) as a kid lol. Except perhaps a lift service day next summer?

We shall see

Any bike crew people interested? Angelfire resort looks absolutely sick.

Again I have a small amount of experience from myself and friends, but I've got a 2.4 front and back currently. I think I'd like to get 2.6 for the front or maybe just a knobbier 2.5 would work too. I think I'd feel a little more stable with the extra grip/width and maybe even plow over things a little better too. Friends mostly rock 2.8s one has a 3" on front though.
    Fitness connoisseur

Again I have a small amount of experience from myself and friends, but I've got a 2.4 front and back currently. I think I'd like to get 2.6 for the front or maybe just a knobbier 2.5 would work too. I think I'd feel a little more stable with the extra grip/width and maybe even plow over things a little better too. Friends mostly rock 2.8s one has a 3" on front though.
    just make sure the inner width of your rim is wide enough. 29+mm is the best for the sizes you want

head mechanic at the shop ive been working at is rebuilding my rear shock. really dope hes walking me through and letting me watch. i really hope fixes the issue of being stuck in the middle of the stroke.

Well this new frame is boost.... So SC reserve carbon wheelset?

Lifetime warranty equals value, right babe?

Well this new frame is boost.... So SC reserve carbon wheelset?

Lifetime warranty equals value, right babe?
    Meh, bitched out.

Got the Hope Pro 4 hubs front and rear instead. Going to lace them up to my existing rims/spokes. Rim upgrade later.

Ordered all the parts just now to the tune of $840. Hubs, headset, BB tool, Sektor fork, spoke nipples.

Frame gets here Thursday, and I'm hoping the rest will be in by Friday so I can build it all up Sat.

Overall, I'm coming away from this custom build for relatively cheap.

Todays ride MIGHT be the last ride on my hardtail. Feels good and bad, man.

Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blueblob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Made it out to my bike shop yesterday and picked up a Surly cross-check. Gonna hop on after work for a few hours and see how she is
    GSD/corgi owner crew

I received the carbon bars, spacers, and headset today. It's starting to look like a bike.

ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Been off the mtb since sept 2nd after I ruptured my bicep tendon. Reading through this thread is killing me. All I can do is zwift on the trainer at home. smdh.

skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sup bike bros, I've finally joined the crew.

I picked up a 2012 Quick 5 used on Craigslist. Original owner gave me the original paperwork and receipts from the LBS he bought it at around here. He said he rode is hard for a few years and its been sitting around for a couple years.

-It's in fair condition. Mechanically everything seems sound, chain seems good, gears worked fine on my test ride, brakes as well. It does have some surface rust on the screws and some of the metal parts around the chain and stuff, but I don't think its much cause for concern.
    - I'm going to take it to the shop where it was originally purchased and see if they can give it a once over with me and give it a "tune-up" along with showing me the basics hopefully.
    - I did wipe it all down once with a damp cloth, and hit the chain and some of the screws with ballistol to just help lube and preserve I guess.
    - I just hope to use the bike for some extra cardio and riding around, so no serious bicycle racing or training.

I basically did the same thing. I would replace the tires and spend $20 on plastic platform pedals, there are plenty of Race Face Chester knockoffs on Amazon.

my rear shock has been acting up, it was stuck in the middle of the stroke so it was like i was on a fukin hard tail. replaced all the o rings and it seems like its working fine.

still waiting for my rear wheel. cant wait.

my rear shock has been acting up, it was stuck in the middle of the stroke so it was like i was on a fukin hard tail. replaced all the o rings and it seems like its working fine.

still waiting for my rear wheel. cant wait.
    Nice. Got my Hope Pro 4 hubs today. That rear hub freewheel grabs FAST in my hands. No slack.

Not lacing them up until i get all my parts shipped first.