TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Need some help as a new PT

I've been a personal trainer at LA Fitness for about 3 weeks on my own now. I work with a lot of elderly overweight clients who are just looking for general fitness & Mobility who tend to have a lot of issues with rotator cuffs in general. I've been trying to do a little bit of balance work as well as strength endurance work, but a lot of them don't really seem to be receptive to it. Most of the other trainers have had them just working on the machines while I've gradually had them moving over to free weights to focus more so on balance and stability because they don't work in two dimensions in real life as they do on those machines. With that in mind, I gradually started having them work in three planes of motion and doing supersets between strength endurance exercises and balance endurance exercises to ensure that I can enforce stability. They're also not great in communicating exactly what it is they're feeling. Had a bit of a scare with one client today where she felt like she was light-headed. She failed to mention that she had some other medical issues. I'm just looking for some advice to help me figure out exactly what it is I could be doing better. I just have a feeling that some of them just aren't really receiving me well as a trainer. Maybe that's in part due to the fact that they are used to other trainers training them a certain way, or I could just be really doing a poor job as a trainer. Understand I only have half an hour with each client per session, so I kind of have a very limited time window to get a certain amount done.

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Most likely they just don't want to be pushed outside of their comfort zone, but if you do want feedback, ask one of the more senior successful trainers to critique your approach.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheTransMan View Post
    I've been a personal trainer at LA Fitness for about 3 weeks on my own now. I work with a lot of elderly overweight clients who are just looking for general fitness & Mobility who tend to have a lot of issues with rotator cuffs in general. I've been trying to do a little bit of balance work as well as strength endurance work, but a lot of them don't really seem to be receptive to it. Most of the other trainers have had them just working on the machines while I've gradually had them moving over to free weights to focus more so on balance and stability because they don't work in two dimensions in real life as they do on those machines. With that in mind, I gradually started having them work in three planes of motion and doing supersets between strength endurance exercises and balance endurance exercises to ensure that I can enforce stability. They're also not great in communicating exactly what it is they're feeling. Had a bit of a scare with one client today where she felt like she was light-headed. She failed to mention that she had some other medical issues. I'm just looking for some advice to help me figure out exactly what it is I could be doing better. I just have a feeling that some of them just aren't really receiving me well as a trainer. Maybe that's in part due to the fact that they are used to other trainers training them a certain way, or I could just be really doing a poor job as a trainer. Understand I only have half an hour with each client per session, so I kind of have a very limited time window to get a certain amount done.
    You know that box you clicked agreeing that your avatar photo had to be of yourself?

https://smile.amazon.com/Barbell-Pre...6700861&sr=8-1

TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheTransMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I guess. That one I mentioned got light headed and almost puked. I'll have to tone it down a bit for them. I had one who waned to go back to the other guy, so he let me shadow him again. They're not really around to ask during any down time sadly. I would love to discuss that. I've been trying to follow NASM's OPT model as much as possible. I've only known workouts for younger people looking into sports like myself :/

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You'll mostly find "lol" in relation to NASM and training around here

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There's a PT section on these forums. You'll get more replies there.
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.

I couldn't find it, so I settled for here. Gave a link to it? The mobile version isn't great

Lol?