Page 153 of 163 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 4873
    EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kneeonbelly View Post
    Have any of you put someone to sleep in training? tell the story to me please. while i was training the other day, i had a friend of mine and training partner in a basic collar choke, from his back. I pulled the choke so tight the lapel was right across his throat , under his chin and his hands were fighting, fighting ..then his hands fell to his lap. just out of the air down to his legs like the old wwe wrestlers used to do when the ref would check on them when they were in a sleeper hold.
    so I freaked out because like i said, this is a friend of mine ; i let the choke go he turns and tells me 'ah bro you didnt have it, i was fine; i said bullchit you had no motion man, why not tap? he said nah i was uncomfortable but i hung in there.

I dont know if that was him being alittle proud and not admitting he was sleep for a moment , or going out or maybe i didnt have it at all- but i dont want to hurt anyone. has anything happened like that to you before?
    ive been put to sleep, it took a few seconds to come back to consciousness. i was twitching too
    he couldve been messing with you
    Wrestler
    BJJ Crew
    New Jersey crew
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia 76ers

Wentz, Simmons, Embiid future HoFers

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    hey bjj friends

my buddy who used to wrestle just booked a private lesson with gordon ryan and invited me to join it, but I'm such a newb I don't want to waste his time. Should I go or gracefully decline? it was awfully nice of him to offer and I do know that sharing lessons makes the cost burden less.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    hey bjj friends

my buddy who used to wrestle just booked a private lesson with gordon ryan and invited me to join it, but I'm such a newb I don't want to waste his time. Should I go or gracefully decline? it was awfully nice of him to offer and I do know that sharing lessons makes the cost burden less.
    gordon is nice as fuk, he explains things well too. i train under tom deblass so i get to learn from gordon a little.
    i wouldnt be worried and go
    Wrestler
    BJJ Crew
    New Jersey crew
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia 76ers

Wentz, Simmons, Embiid future HoFers

Irrelevant to YOUR succes chino3's Avatar
    chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SystemTrend View Post
    best of luck man. When I was off for 8 weeks it was so depressing lol.
    good luck and a speedy recovery my friend
    thanks guys. Got my appointment with the ortho for tomorrow afternoon...

hey bjj friends

When was a few months in, I took about 10 privates. There was misunderstanding between the old gym owner and my coach as to what his rates were, so I got a stupid discount that they covered. Anyways, I benefited from it HUGELY, but I think it was because my coach knew it was going to be on an ongoing thing where he could develop a game for my needs and strengths. Honestly, I think privates are kind of a waste unless you are going to keep it as an ongoing supplement to your existing training, where your coach/instructor can really focus on you and your game, not just show some random stuff. Shoot, even at seminars, I see so many white and even blue belts that look lost at times. just my opinion
    "It won't get better, just different."

Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hey bjj friends

Do it before he wins some gi tournaments and jacks his rates up again.
    Super nice guy, I am sure he will tailor the lesson to your skill set.

kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    let me ask you guys a question about competition and weight cutting.

my walk around weight is 182 pounds. My last tournament I felt that I was overpowered by the guy that cut down to my weight class. I was considering challenging myself to drop down to 169, which would get rid of my little bit of love around the waist but also keep me able to match up with other people to use more technique. Is that all in my head or am i onto something?

Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    let me ask you guys a question about competition and weight cutting.

my walk around weight is 182 pounds. My last tournament I felt that I was overpowered by the guy that cut down to my weight class. I was considering challenging myself to drop down to 169, which would get rid of my little bit of love around the waist but also keep me able to match up with other people to use more technique. Is that all in my head or am i onto something?
    might as well cut; it can improve your game and if done right (cutting and cardio), you'll have a better gas tank. on a side note, there are a lot of guys out there that are sand bagging. i mean, if a guy has been stomping out his belt and weight class for a few years, he's obviously ready for the next belt.
    US Navy Veteran
    eats sriracha with everything
    ^^VV<><> BA Start

kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bassackwards View Post
    might as well cut; it can improve your game and if done right (cutting and cardio), you'll have a better gas tank. on a side note, there are a lot of guys out there that are sand bagging. i mean, if a guy has been stomping out his belt and weight class for a few years, he's obviously ready for the next belt.
    repped. thats great advice man, thank you. I feel heavy and strong - like I'm bulky as my wife calls me. I'd like to be much more agile and mobile . i think with less weight i could possibly stop being so tired during training also.

yeah, tournaments are meant to be fair and square , but i seem to get the biggest most experienced guys in my bracket every time. i have to move fast or im swatted like a fly

Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    repped. thats great advice man, thank you. I feel heavy and strong - like I'm bulky as my wife calls me. I'd like to be much more agile and mobile . i think with less weight i could possibly stop being so tired during training also.

yeah, tournaments are meant to be fair and square , but i seem to get the biggest most experienced guys in my bracket every time. i have to move fast or im swatted like a fly
    there was a big difference in my game when i dropped from 205 to 180. i definitely had better stamina, felt more fluid in my movements, and felt stronger against people in my weight class (compared to the +200 folks). my guard game was better too since i was rolling with guys more suited to my build. i have long arms and short legs so it was difficult for me to wrap my legs to pull guard or pull triangles on bigger guys. i wish i had the discipline to drop more weight; i probably had a good 10-15 lbs that i could drop but dieting is too hard when you lift weights, run, and do bjj.
    US Navy Veteran
    ^^VV<><> BA Start

shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    there was a big difference in my game when i dropped from 205 to 180. i definitely had better stamina, felt more fluid in my movements, and felt stronger against people in my weight class (compared to the +200 folks). my guard game was better too since i was rolling with guys more suited to my build. i have long arms and short legs so it was difficult for me to wrap my legs to pull guard or pull triangles on bigger guys. i wish i had the discipline to drop more weight; i probably had a good 10-15 lbs that i could drop but dieting is too hard when you lift weights, run, and do bjj.
    Too fukkin true.

I've been cutting at a slow pace and mostly feel good but there are days I just bonk. I have also had to way cut down on frequency of heavy leg days when lifting or I'm just too trashed for both running and BJJ. Anyone have a fix for this? I assume periodization and just lift legs sparingly when training a lot?
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Thank you! thats what I feel like I need when I'm rolling. my strength but also being more fluid and not so winded. I need to cut my weight down but my dumb ass has been training ham (hard as a motherf) at bjj, but then in my off days maxing out on weights with preworkout and protein shakes. My warm up is a 10 min run lol. I should up the running and just do lighter weights at higher reps to build a runners frame . I have long arms and legs so i should be trying to be thinner not bigger, at least for tournaments

good chit man

Too fukkin true.

I've been cutting at a slow pace and mostly feel good but there are days I just bonk. I have also had to way cut down on frequency of heavy leg days when lifting or I'm just too trashed for both running and BJJ. Anyone have a fix for this? I assume periodization and just lift legs sparingly when training a lot?
    because of my work schedule, i lifted/cardio'd in the mornings and did bjj at night. that gave me enough time in between the work day to rest up. i had to change up my lifting routine because the typical bro-split work out wasnt optimal for training bjj. arm days were rediculously bad; no more arm or grip strength and the biceps always cramped up from pulling Gis. I switched to the 5/3/1 routine, M/W/F and T/TH were accessory work outs and more cardio. heavy squats 3 days a week wasnt too bad. rolling with tired legs was actually a good thing as it forced me to rely less on my strength and more on my technique.

lifting wise, I still had slow, steady gains in my lifts and progressed in bjj; but the lifting gains stopped once i started cutting (its a given you get weaker when you diet and cardio). unless you are a fulltime athlete, you will hit a brick wall trying to excell in both lifting and bjj. for us everyday folk, real life kicks in and we have to prioritize which one we want to concentrate on. tbh, i regret not sticking with bjj. i've been lifting off and on for over 20 years; made some gains along the way but stuff happens (injuries, family), and you lose the fruits of your labor. bjj is a different type of investment. after doing it for awhile, things become engrained/second nature. years later, you can still pull and arm bar and pop a hip toss with ease.
    US Navy Veteran
    ^^VV<><> BA Start

technique question time

in my new gym I'm being pushed in new ways and I'm finding out that the style of the better guys is totally different than anything I've ever really dealt with, which is probably why they are always 1st and 2nd place in major tournaments.

they use either berimbolo rolls into what ever position, that I usually catch awkwardly and we scramble but i always end up with someone on my chest in side control or knee on belly.

or a spider guard to berimbolo.

that chit is frustrating because I came from a more , not so spinny bjj, so im like WTF do i do since I'm improvising everytime im caught in the motion. any suggestions?

DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    technique question time

in my new gym I'm being pushed in new ways and I'm finding out that the style of the better guys is totally different than anything I've ever really dealt with, which is probably why they are always 1st and 2nd place in major tournaments.

they use either berimbolo rolls into what ever position, that I usually catch awkwardly and we scramble but i always end up with someone on my chest in side control or knee on belly.

or a spider guard to berimbolo.

that chit is frustrating because I came from a more , not so spinny bjj, so im like WTF do i do since I'm improvising everytime im caught in the motion. any suggestions?
    If you are getting caught with berimbolos you need to learn how to shut down the de la riva. If you control the outside leg they cannot roll. There is also a nasty knee bar you can get once they invert. Just keep working and you can always ask them for tips.
    Last edited by DubSilky; 05-08-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Originally Posted by DubSilky View Post
    If you are getting caught with berimbolos you need to learn how to shut down the de la riva. If you control the outside leg they cannot roll. There is also a nasty knee bar you can get once they invert. Just keep working and you can always ask them for tips.
    thank you. i realized that I was in 'lets see what they do ' mode rather than just working. Now I'm pointing my toe OUT (thats caught) to open up the D.Gaurd and shooting for a pass using my shoulder on the other leg. i might not get it every time but it changes that direction of the roll

How is everyone who lives in the northern hemisphere coping with the heat?

washing gi every time I use it and taking nogi classes as often as possible rn
    --Hubert Humphrey

Crazyjames1233 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crazyjames1233 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crazyjames1233 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crazyjames1233 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crazyjames1233 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crazyjames1233 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crazyjames1233 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crazyjames1233 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crazyjames1233 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crazyjames1233 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crazyjames1233 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DubSilky View Post
    This. A good low combat base with tight elbows is a real pain in the ass for the guard player.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not Brazilian can I still be club?
    Costco junkfood warrior

SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How is everyone who lives in the northern hemisphere coping with the heat?

washing gi every time I use it and taking nogi classes as often as possible rn
    I hate smelly gear so i wash mine after every use. the summer here can reach 40s celsius, just push on, hydrate and break a sweat. no gi sessions become slip and slides on them hot days, slippery and cant grip for shiet. fun times.

SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Maybe this is just the place I go to, but the no gi session guys just love to fukin crank necks for some reason (instructor doesn't really care because it's a BJJ/MMA gym). This past saturday I tapped to two different guys (one was the instructor doing some type of anaconda neck crank choke thing) doing neck cranks and I was a bit sore but felt fine. I went to go lift on Sunday morning and the first set of 20lb hammer curls my entire upper/mid back just tighten and hurt like crazy. I continued to workout, but used very light weight on machines. Sunday and Monday my back was in pain and i was taking 800mg of advil, felt like my entire spine was sore. Today it's finally feeling better but still is not 100% (going to chiropractor this friday). I won't be doing any bjj this week most likely. I mean it could totally be me being inexperienced and leaving myself open to these attacks, but I just kind of wish neck cranking was illegal. Does anyone else have this issue with no gi?

cliffs-I keep getting tore up in no gi with neck cranks. I'm scared it's going to permanently damage me eventually. WTF?

SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000) SomaliShred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Maybe this is just the place I go to, but the no gi session guys just love to fukin crank necks for some reason (instructor doesn't really care because it's a BJJ/MMA gym). This past saturday I tapped to two different guys (one was the instructor doing some type of anaconda neck crank choke thing) doing neck cranks and I was a bit sore but felt fine. I went to go lift on Sunday morning and the first set of 20lb hammer curls my entire upper/mid back just tighten and hurt like crazy. I continued to workout, but used very light weight on machines. Sunday and Monday my back was in pain and i was taking 800mg of advil, felt like my entire spine was sore. Today it's finally feeling better but still is not 100% (going to chiropractor this friday). I won't be doing any bjj this week most likely. I mean it could totally be me being inexperienced and leaving myself open to these attacks, but I just kind of wish neck cranking was illegal. Does anyone else have this issue with no gi?

cliffs-I keep getting tore up in no gi with neck cranks. I'm scared it's going to permanently damage me eventually. WTF?
    brah.. tap earlier

staysafe

neck cranks are illegal - you can not do can openers or any of that in tournaments. i mean, on one hand if thats the nature of the gym to do stuff like that , learn the defenses the best you can or just tap right away because they can mess you up pretty bad.

neck cranks are illegal - you can not do can openers or any of that in tournaments. i mean, on one hand if thats the nature of the gym to do stuff like that , learn the defenses the best you can or just tap right away because they can mess you up pretty bad.
    Yeah... tap early and tap often with that chit and they get tired of it. In my experience anyway. The gym I go to is really good about policing that sort of thing, though; the other day they called me out on reaping and had us restart and honestly I didn't even know I was doing it (foot crossing midline of body) so I appreciated the heads-up as that's a DQ in tournaments! I can't imagine they wouldn't want to let people know they're doing chit that could get them DQ'd... ask an instructor?
    --Hubert Humphrey

merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you guys find it difficult to balance weight lifting with BJJ? I am thinking about taking up BJJ or muy thai. I work out 5 days a week 1.5 to 2 hrs. Also work 4 days a week/10hr days.

Im thinking I could workout before or after BJJ classes on my 3 days off. Thanks. I have absolutely zero experience in any kind of combat sport but think learning would be a good skill to have.

Originally Posted by merl227 View Post
    Do you guys find it difficult to balance weight lifting with BJJ? I am thinking about taking up BJJ or muy thai. I work out 5 days a week 1.5 to 2 hrs. Also work 4 days a week/10hr days.

Im thinking I could workout before or after BJJ classes on my 3 days off. Thanks. I have absolutely zero experience in any kind of combat sport but think learning would be a good skill to have.
    its possible but youll have to train twice a day on some days, depending how you structure all of your training.

wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just a random question for you guys, have your necks gotten bigger from doing bjj for years?

Originally Posted by wooosh3 View Post
    just a random question for you guys, have your necks gotten bigger from doing bjj for years?
    not really; my neck size got bigger from deadlifts

if anything, the calluses on my hands and my grip strength strength got better from bjj
    US Navy Veteran
    ^^VV<><> BA Start

merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man I did my 2nd class of BJJ last night & I already got a minor injury. When rolling with someone I got into an odd position & my shoulder kind of went back farther than it should’ve. Had to skip working out yesterday & today. Doubt ill be able to workout for the next couple of days... buddy i am ****ing pissed.

SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SystemTrend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What mouthguards are you guys/gals using? I want one that I can breathe easy in.

What mouthguards are you guys/gals using? I want one that I can breathe easy in.
    Gladiator guards. Have to bite it and send back so they can make one that really fits but imho worth it.
    --Hubert Humphrey