Thread: Knee problems

dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50) dreamopolis will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Knee problems

Does anyone else have horrible grinding sounds in their knees when they squat or deadlift? It doesn't hurt, I've noticed them aching in the morning sometimes though. I know this is a probably a cartilage issue, and that there is probably nothing I can do about it, but should I be refraining from squats and DL's? It's an absolute must for me to wear headphones when I'm doing these exercises as it sounds awful!

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dreamopolis View Post
    Does anyone else have horrible grinding sounds in their knees when they squat or deadlift? It doesn't hurt, I've noticed them aching in the morning sometimes though. I know this is a probably a cartilage issue, and that there is probably nothing I can do about it, but should I be refraining from squats and DL's? It's an absolute must for me to wear headphones when I'm doing these exercises as it sounds awful!
    That sounds horrible, I had some knee issues recently because of the colder weather, and after two weeks of taking shark oil, I have zero issues now, but if you actually have sound in your knees, I'd do a ton of flex work and mobility work, you might have underdeveloped quads, or over developed, you might have really tight hamstrings, it is impossible to tell without seeing you, aka visiting a doctor.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah, I can feel/hear what I imagine to be ripping tearing noises if I let my knees travel far forwards even on an air squat or just crouching down. Avoiding that works for me. Luckily, in my particular case, squatting definitely helps.

Junsuiakai advice sounds good. Work on stretching everything between toes and tummy, plus.. take some kind of fish oil supplement, perhaps one with glucosamine and chondroitin added.

If the problem persists, see a doctor or physio.

katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Worth it to get checked out by a doctor and nail down what is going on.

It is possible there will be recommendations to restrict some things, but just as likely you will be prescribed movements to do.

Mine are nice and crunchy...osteoarthritis both knees and meniscus tear on the left. I was told movement = good and to do lots of walking and work to strengthen the muscle around the joint to support it.
    INTP Crew
    Inattentive ADD Crew
    Mom That Miscs Crew

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes^^^ after being cleared by a doctor so you don't have a knee to train i would use knee neoprene sleeves to keep them warm with moist heat.
    I wouldn't do any leg movement that irritates the knees.
    One thing that has allowed me to squat if the knee acts up is to box squat or Anderson squats(in a rack from pinto standing up).
    These types of squats allow you to go to the point where you don't experience knee pain and you can alter your technique easier by sitting back,driving more through your heels and not letting the knees come past your feet when squatting.
    This makes a big difference.

acarsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) acarsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) acarsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) acarsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) acarsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) acarsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) acarsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) acarsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) acarsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) acarsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) acarsey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I feel your pain. I know we shouldn't push ourselves past the point but from my days in the Army "no pain no gain". I've had to start utilizing knee sleeves "thick one's", or else my knees get to clicking, grinding and popping.

Getting old blows (I'm only 36). I've upped my ORANGE TRIAD which has joint supplements in it. I've also added IQ since it too has additives for joint health. It's been 6 weeks and I feel things are slowly improving.

ryanhitsthegym is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ryanhitsthegym is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ryanhitsthegym is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ryanhitsthegym is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ryanhitsthegym is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ryanhitsthegym is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ryanhitsthegym is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ryanhitsthegym is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ryanhitsthegym is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ryanhitsthegym is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ryanhitsthegym is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    That doesn't sound right. I feel your worry, but you have to see if there are specific movements that are making it worse. My knees do snap when I do squats, but after talking to my doctor, he explained to me that's just air being released. But, he also warned me that if I ever felt pain while doing that, I should rest for a while and be cautious with those exercises. Eventually, it did cause pain, and he suggested using a knee protection gear to avoid my knee moving around when I was doing squats.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I used to have horrible knee issues and pain. I never went to the doctor, but I am not recommending that.

Through trial and error, I decided to strengthen other parts of my legs around the knee.

So, I got some good knee wraps and I finish my leg workouts with 4 sets of Goblet Squats. Similar movement to Front BB Squats, but with DBs. Over a period of several months, my knee pain was significantly reduced and has increased overall leg development.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.