Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Bicep Hardgainers... What turned the corner for you?

I have a heck of a time with biceps.
    Any one else out there who is/was a hardgainer and was able to get some
    good results.

What did you do?
    R.I.P. Hector Bluntz
    I am sex yor butt.
    Sick Duck Crew.
    Stroke crew
    Mortal Enema Crew.
    Intent to penetrate Crew.
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kitchen-Dining-Potholders/zgbs/kitchen/678537011

BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What do you do right now for them?

CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CementPizza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok, various exercises on various days... BUT...

Cable curls.
    Straight Bar curls.
    Hammer curls.
    Preacher bench machine.
    R.I.P. Hector Bluntz
    I am sex yor butt.
    Sick Duck Crew.
    Stroke crew
    Mortal Enema Crew.
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kitchen-Dining-Potholders/zgbs/kitchen/678537011

BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigNeck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rep/sets? What day (arms, back/etc), how many times a week?

Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For me, time.

They are always growing, but slowly. I couldnt tell you what makes them grow. Alot reccomend the barbell curl and I did find that exercise to really give them a good pump as well as my weight went up. Most use the EZ bar tho, due to wrist pain with a str8 barbell.
    I am new.

My desire is to keep this hobby my whole life, and turn it into a career by going to school for something in the health, fitness and nutrition field.

Thanks for any help.

LOG http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7073471

ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScottMcDWVU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think more important than how he's training is how the progress has been. Have you been using the same weights for the same reps for awhile? Do you feel the exercises in the biceps to begin with?

How about your overall muscle gain? On par with the biceps or has everything grown significantly but them?

3 sets of any of the 3 exercises.

Usually between 12-8 reps per exercise.
    So, a total of 9 sets.

1 time per week.

I work bi's and Tri's on the same day.

Day 1. Back & forearms
    Day 2. Chest & abbs
    Day 3. Legs & abbs.
    Day 4. Arms.
    Day 5. Shoulders. & abbs.
    R.I.P. Hector Bluntz
    I am sex yor butt.
    Sick Duck Crew.
    Stroke crew
    Mortal Enema Crew.

Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CementPizza View Post
    Ok, various exercises on various days... BUT...

Cable curls.
    Straight Bar curls.
    Hammer curls.
    Preacher bench machine.
    No dumbells huh? the bicep is used for two movements, curling the arm, and twisting the wrist. dumbells allow to combine both in one movement.
    I am new.

My desire is to keep this hobby my whole life, and turn it into a career by going to school for something in the health, fitness and nutrition field.

Thanks for any help.

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I stuck Bis with back. Heavy between the leg rows hit arms hard.

Use dumbells for sure. Hammer curls. Something i found i liked. put a bench at an incline, grab dumbells and sit down, now let your arms dangle (keep the angle light so you aren't popping your shoulder) then without moving from the shoulder to the elbow curl up. Nice way to keep very strict form and focus on the arms. You can use curl or hammer curl hand position
    Last edited by BlackLbl20889; 04-14-2008 at 04:27 PM.
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄

Originally Posted by ScottMcDWVU View Post
    I think more important than how he's training is how the progress has been. Have you been using the same weights for the same reps for awhile? Do you feel the exercises in the biceps to begin with?

How about your overall muscle gain? On par with the biceps or has everything grown significantly but them?
    I can make gains on my chest, shoulders and back with a very standard workout. Just about any standard exercise makes them pump and respond.

My biceps are different. It seems like I can never get a pump... and they lag.
    I have been increasing a little weight... but slowly. I seldom feel the exercises in the biceps. That is the big problem.
    R.I.P. Hector Bluntz
    I am sex yor butt.
    Sick Duck Crew.
    Stroke crew
    Mortal Enema Crew.

Originally Posted by CementPizza View Post
    3 sets of any of the 3 exercises.

Usually between 12-8 reps per exercise.
    So, a total of 9 sets.

1 time per week.

I work bi's and Tri's on the same day.

Day 1. Back & forearms
    Day 2. Chest & abbs
    Day 3. Legs & abbs.
    Day 4. Arms.
    Day 5. Shoulders. & abbs.
    If 8-12 reps isn't working, i'd try lower...and heavier, anywhere from 6-8. Try different exercises.

Edit: Try difference methods, like giant sets/ super sets. Has your weight for these exercises been going up?
    Last edited by BigNeck; 04-14-2008 at 04:27 PM.

ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    EZ bar preacher curls, seated dumbell curls

You need to stick to a rep range and a solid routine, not just doing whatever. Going from 8 reps to 12 reps one day wont get you anywhere. Stick to 8 reps and do 4 sets

8 reps
    8reps
    8reps
    6 reps. Keep doing this weight until you get 8 reps for all 4, then add 10lbs to the bar and repeat the process so your once again at 8 8 8 6, this time youll be 10lbs heavier.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Your King

try the barbell. it works for me.
    I am new.

Thanks for any help.

Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How often do you mix up the exercises? Maybe dropping an exercise? For me I have found bicep exercises need to be changed every few weeks. I gain for 3-4 workouts then level off. Maybe finish with an intense, strict drop set or superset with another bicep movement. You could try shortening your rest between sets as well. Overall though, I think variety and intensity is key. And good form.
    If it feels good its good for you.

ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    DO NOT change workouts every few weeks. You need to stay at it for MANY months. You cant progress when you keep doing different ****. 3 months would be a absolute minimum and imo thats even to little of a time.

Your King

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    DO NOT change workouts every few weeks. You need to stay at it for MANY months. You cant progress when you keep doing different ****. 3 months would be a absolute minimum and imo thats even to little of a time.
    That's pretty bad blanket advice.

Stay on a routine as long as it's still giving you gains; if something is not working after 6-8 weeks than you obviously need to reevaluate your progress.
    IG: @toadkillerdog

stangkiller is just really nice. (+1000) stangkiller is just really nice. (+1000) stangkiller is just really nice. (+1000) stangkiller is just really nice. (+1000) stangkiller is just really nice. (+1000) stangkiller is just really nice. (+1000) stangkiller is just really nice. (+1000) stangkiller is just really nice. (+1000) stangkiller is just really nice. (+1000) stangkiller is just really nice. (+1000) stangkiller is just really nice. (+1000)

Mcnults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mcnults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mcnults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mcnults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mcnults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mcnults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mcnults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mcnults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mcnults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mcnults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mcnults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    slowing down the negative + spider curls
    I WOULD REMIND YOU THAT EXTREMISM IN THE DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE.
    AND LET ME REMIND YOU THAT MODERATION IN THE PURSUIT OF JUSTICE IS NO VIRTUE.

Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaskicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That may work for you, but not for me. Plus you're young, things won't happen for you quite so easy in your 30's and beyond.

Originally Posted by Gaskicker View Post
    That may work for you, but not for me. Plus you're young, things won't happen for you quite so easy in your 30's and beyond.
    you could be correct as I speak from my experience. But as the skinny kid said above dont listen to him. You NEED to stick to a routine to see progress. How the hell are you going to see growth in 6 weeks? Unless your juicing it AINT gonna happen. These aint 18's for doing a trillion things because I get bored and failed to stick to a routine.

Your King

Registered User Big Arm Big Pay's Avatar
    Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't really have slow gains in biceps but when I had a seperate day just for biceps and a seperate day just for triceps, after 2-3 months my arm grew a half inch which I have retained til this day. Also another thing that really helps if you arm day is far away from your chest and back day, Do a 1x20 set for triceps on chest day and a 1x20 for biceps on back day.
    Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=454246811#post454246811

"Dude...there are ALWAYS ninjas. You just can't see them." - HardGainer82, Clark Kent, WishmasterATM, BPP, poopoo333, JOSEF RAKICH

ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ny58 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    one tip is to do bi's first in the week or after a rest day when u r fresh. . i change my routine weekly.. . on the PRRS system .. week one all power/strength exercises max weight low rep (3 minutes rest between each set). . week 2 all rep range. . 8- 12 reps moderate weight (45-90 seconds between each set). . week 3 is all supersets and drop sets till failure.
    heres an article from the creator of this program. .

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6398381

hypertrophy (muscle growth) occurs optimally at 6-12 reps. . .but there are other factors such as building ur strength and muscle endurance that will allow u to lift more in the hypertrophy phase. .
    Last edited by ny58; 04-14-2008 at 08:12 PM.
    Certified NASM Personal Trainer

Workout Program (P/RR/S):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6398381

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you could be correct as I speak from my experience. But as the skinny kid said above dont listen to him. You NEED to stick to a routine to see progress. How the hell are you going to see growth in 6 weeks? Unless your juicing it AINT gonna happen. These aint 18's for doing a trillion things because I get bored and failed to stick to a routine.
    2 months is a pretty decent amount on time to stick to a given routine provided you've been lifting for at least a year (Intermediate level of programming). BUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE GETTING RESULTS, milk that damn program for all you can.

I'm generalizing for body parts in general, obviously you have to go by feel on smaller muscle groups like say the biceps and lateral delts where inches of growth take years.
    IG: @toadkillerdog

OP, any of this gonna be of help?

jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up This Burns!

Hey op...You soooo have to try this out man!!! IT BURNS!!!!! especially the first one!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oLtuzdbEdRo

All the best dude!
    JC Fitness: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCewkynsCiJ-lJJqBDdYAzjw/videos

DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveyC22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i didn't really get a good contraction in my bi's for a while.. i started reading about the muscle and mind connection and although it sounds corny, it has worked for me so far. visualize the bicep doing all the work.
    NEW Stacking the **** out of Universal/Animal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=156518781#post156518781

Shock Therapy/Storm/M-Stak Log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=144048361#post144048361

TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I alternate between heavy / low rep DB curls on some days, then others ill use lower weight, super slow sets, and really twist at teh end. Get that pinky finger really up further than the index. I do EZ bar, hammer, and preacher curls too, but the DBs really seem to make the most out of my time.

rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bent over dumbbells curls , heavy weight, failure, blast them guns

ThisHolyDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThisHolyDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThisHolyDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThisHolyDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThisHolyDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThisHolyDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThisHolyDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThisHolyDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThisHolyDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThisHolyDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThisHolyDude has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    weightd chin ups FTW
    Training like an animal until i have 17 inch arms

reps for life; jross2021
    reps to; craino, Mighty-Boosh, ,curlmonkey

hotsauce3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsauce3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsauce3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsauce3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsauce3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsauce3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsauce3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsauce3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsauce3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsauce3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotsauce3333 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Are you kidding me? have you ever heard of the three week phenomenon, or whatever you would like to call it. It's when you do really well on a program for three weeks, and then on the fourth week, your body has adjusted and your progress halts. Thats why when you start a new program/exercise/tempo you react so well, because your body is NOT used to it, and it cannot adapt quickly enough, so results are the result! We are made to adapt! If we are made to adapt, why would sticking with the same program for a really long time ever work for us? c'mon dude, stop reading those magazines, and check out some real info. Try http://www.elitefts.com/ or most of the stuff on here, or t-nation. maybe you will learn something.