JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100)

Power rack/cage vs half rack what should I do??

So I will make it very clear I won't use either for what is typical.
    I won't be using it for likely 75% of what everyone uses them for, however, that being said here's what's up.

I will do things like half deadlifts and bench on occasion.
    What I primarily want it for is suspension training with straps, pull/chin ups, yoga hammock stretching and work that is dependent on the framing being very strong and stable. Most of my weight lifting is free weight and cable machine isolation exercises along with using a hex bar for squats, shrugs and switching between hex and Olympic for deadlifts.

The issue is the thing falling over or outright breaking from swinging around on it like a gorilla.
    I'm currently 200lbs and expect to be back up to 215 by summer which is where I was a few years ago so it's recovery as opposed to fresh gains meaning I may even be there by early Spring.

I'm only looking at power racks around $200 vs 85-$90 half racks for the reasons above but don't want something larger than it needs to be. Is a Cap half power rack for $85 with a pull up bar rated for 300lbs really something I should expect to get at least 5 years out of?
    Seems unrealistic to me but the footprints are nearly the same due to the frame footing and it's the realization of spending $200+ being unnecessary vs $85 when I don't need to be loading it with 5 and 600lbs.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JonnyDarko View Post
    What I primarily want it for is suspension training with straps, pull/chin ups, yoga hammock stretching and work that is dependent on the framing being very strong and stable.
    I think you will need to address your torque managment and quad dominance.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It may be out of your price range, but with a 1st time buyer coupon you can get a Titan t3 rack for around $350 shipped. Unfortunately anything less, at least brand new, and you will be disappointed with the excessive swinging and possible outright failure.

http://www.titan.fitness/cages-and-r...ower-rack.html
    The loads that swinging over 200 pounds will put on a rack with only 2 uprights will induce tons of sway and stress on the joints of the rack. I think you need to either rethink the use or budget.a 4 post rack of 11 gage 2x3 Is the standard starting place for what most consider sturdy and robust, especially for your use. A two post half rack, evenone woth weight storage also won't give you as much suspension hanging room. A r-3 t-3 30" rack will give you plenty of options with both weight training and your other intended uses.
    Really half racks excell for weight training when specifically used with very good spotter arms, typically only seen on medium grade amd up racks. Also those here who have positive experience with half racks use ones with weight storage Ge, so they really have 4 posts still and structurally very similar to regular cages. They are popular because those lifters prefer working of the front of the rack anyway. Nothingyour looking at for half rack would likely have 24"plus spotter arms, so be worthless for weight lifting,amd very likely to sway amd fail during excessive swinging.
    The r-3 / t-3 type, bolted to a plywood base,will take everything you can throw at it, grow with you, and allow you to expand it as you progress.

JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100)

Talking Well ya sold me...not on the pricey models though

Originally Posted by Hardgains88 View Post
    The loads that swinging over 200 pounds will put on a rack with only 2 uprights will induce tons of sway and stress on the joints of the rack.
    That was my thought and while I have a background in structure and engineering, I've never been up close and personal with either style rack. When they list gauges there's no specificity to various plates and small components in the bracing and when buying on the budget end, companies will do anything to save 2-$3 when they're building tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands per year and slapping whatever various brands on them companies request.
    I already have a ton of size and strength but will never hit the numbers many of you guys hit...I just focus on looking like I can
    I'm too old and beat up for that chit!
    Someone then suggested I just buy a diverse all-in-1 cable machine and I wanted to slap him(I like cable machines but even an expensive all-in-1 is loaded with limitations you figure out over time that cause buyer's remorse)

An unbranded Merax or Fitness Reality both selling around $200 will definitely cover the weight I push/pull and me hanging/swinging around even at 215 in a few months. I'm not worried about the give of small structural pieces in a 4 pillar system with how I will use it but the Cap half rack yeah I'd probably snap bolts and warp plates in the first couple years after thinking this over more, reading various posts and watching user videos.

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I assume you have looked on your local Craig's list? Another reason I suggested the full t-3 rack from Titan is you will probably never outgrow it regardless of how your training needs and wants change. They also have a t-2 that's decent for $269 less 10% if you use there coupon code. While the t-2 isn't my cup of tea, it's probably a good deal better then your other choices and would hold up, may still give a bit of sway but shouldn't collapse.

http://www.titan.fitness/cages-and-r...ower-rack.html
    That's there short version at $245. With disc, they have a taller one for a few bucks more. Do you have any height issues? I think that this rack would be the lowest price available that would be servicible

The Titan it turns out is just a branded Chinese rack I was already considering it for the last few days.
    Here it is only $190
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/232204733320...84.m1436.l2649

Same thing with the Merax which is what I bought several hours ago without the branding.
    $230 without the bogus branding, $270 to $330 with it labeled on Ebay and friggin $450 on Amazon as the Valor Fitness BD-7.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/361878839092...84.m1436.l2649
    As the Valor:
    https://www.amazon.com/Valor-Fitness.../dp/B002EJC990

If the chit were actually made in the USA rather than China and getting a bogus American branding on it, I'd pay the extra money but unfortunately, it's all just chit from China.

Years ago growing up in the 80's I needed a new seat for my authentic BMX.
    The trick bike shop in town had a GT Pro Performer seat for $50 they tried to sell me which was the same my friend's GT had on his. On the top both had a silk screened GT Performer graphic on them. They tell me about the quality, that K-Mart will have junk and really put on the sales pitch trying to more or less, shame me into not buying it.
    We leave with a "wtf it's just a seat..." reaction and go to K-Mart.
    K-mart has a seat for $7 without any fancy logos but it looks identical and I buy it.
    We're putting it on, notice a mfr. part number underneath it, look under my friends seat and sure enough, it's the exact same embossed number from the injection molding die.

Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    I think you will need to address your torque managment and quad dominance.

Loved watching that 😁 Thanks for the video link