Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My bench was at its strongest when I was bending a lot. It's a great workout for your traps and upper back and then chest when you crush down. You have to have good shoulder mobility though.

tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tomnationwide is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just a question but why not slow this down and control the movements so that the muscles tear more or is this just your way of self bragging about weight? At a younger age I would throw around heavy weights and get a sense of satisfaction without really shaping a muscle up and when I lowered the weight, controlled the movement, and focused on the direction of the movement I filled out a lot more.

What are you going for? Heavy weight or muscle building?
    Instagram: tomnationwide
    Twitter: @tomnationwide

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tomnationwide View Post
    Just a question but why not slow this down and control the movements so that the muscles tear more or is this just your way of self bragging about weight? At a younger age I would throw around heavy weights and get a sense of satisfaction without really shaping a muscle up and when I lowered the weight, controlled the movement, and focused on the direction of the movement I filled out a lot more.

He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the premise of the whole thread was to show he kept most of his strength while cutting nearly 40 lbs. So for this thread, it was about strength, not muscle building.
    ALL I ASK IS ALL YOU GOT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES

pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tomnationwide View Post

What are you talking about fat boy?

Each rep was paused at the top lmao. Show me how it's done. Lol

Wesley is right. Thanks man.

Also, heavy weight builds traps. Case in point.. Coleman, Levrone and j.Jackson all did heavy shrugs and had "decent" traps.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Holy fck I just seen the video of you bending a nail, why the hell did you have to do all the wiggling before you bent it????

Back to the shrugs you say heavy shrugs with little to no ROM builds traps right? So take a pic of your neck and traps and lets see the traps you have developed doing these no ROM shrugs.

Here is a pic that actually shows my traps (because it is a most muscular shot) and you can see I have built traps over the years and I never done shrugs with a weight that would kill my ROM.

On the list for Bannukah

My traps are bigger than yours. Sorry bh. And much stronger. Just being honest.

Done and done.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pryme View Post
    My traps are bigger than yours. Sorry bh. And much stronger. Just being honest.

Done and done.
    Show me them, if you are FATTER than me yeah but show me your traps with as low a BF as mine, I don't care how strong you are makes no difference to me, show me your traps, not FAT traps.

I'll wait.
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Show me them, if you are FATTER than me yeah but show me your traps with as low a BF as mine, I don't care how strong you are makes no difference to me, show me your traps, not FAT traps.

I'll wait.
    You don't care about what I feel is most important and I don't care what you feel is most important.

Tell ya what, you post a video of you doing more the I did with both full rom paused and partial work and also since you mentioned the "nail" aka a 5/16"x7" piece of cold rolled steel wrapped in a thin piece of Cordura, go ahead and bend one of those unbraced in under 15sec and I will post a picture of my bigger badder more powerful traps. Lmao

I'll wait.

You don't care about what I feel is most important and I don't care what you feel is most important.

Tell ya what, you post a video of you doing more the I did with both full rom paused and partial work and also since you mentioned the "nail" aka a 5/16"x7" piece of cold rolled steel wrapped in a thin piece of Cordura, go ahead and bend one of those unbraced in under 15sec and I will post a picture of my bigger badder more powerful traps. Lmao

I'll wait.
    Lol, OK I see your ROM (or lack of it) hasnt done jack sh!!t for your build. However I will give you props for your strength.
    On the list for Bannukah

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Back to the shrugs you say heavy shrugs with little to no ROM builds traps right?
    BH

While your development is awesome, I think Pryme is right. There is no denying the stimulation you get. This is a guy at my gym.....here is his Leg press pr vid at 250. He dieted down from 325 and still held all his strength.

I asked what his secret was and he told me max weight movement stimulate you like nothing else. I was skeptical at first....but then he showed me how wrong I really was. I knew I had to rethink my training after seeing the vid below. Maybe I can learn from Pryme. I have no trouble with deadlifting a moderately heavy weight, but I hardly shrug over over 225. ACTUALLY I hardly shrug at all, because I always felt it was not a very good exercise. Seeing the incredible mass and strength developed by Pryme, I have to rethink my training completely.

For God's sake, the man bends solid steel. I dont think I could handle that, so I might start small with paper clip bending. But I better get the ones from China made out of recycled tin cans because I fear the american steel would still be too much for me.

Check this vid out. It is all the proof you need.

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    BH

While your development is awesome, I think Pryme is right. There is no denying the stimulation you get. This is a guy at my gym.....here is his Leg press pr vid at 250. He dieted down from 325 and still held all his strength.

I asked what his secret was and he told me max weight movement stimulate you like nothing else. I was skeptical at first....but then he showed me how wrong I really was. I knew I had to rethink my training after seeing the vid below. Maybe I can learn from Pryme. I have no trouble with deadlifting a moderately heavy weight, but I hardly shrug over over 225. ACTUALLY I hardly shrug at all, because I always felt it was not a very good exercise. Seeing the incredible mass and strength developed by Pryme, I have to rethink my training completely.

For God's sake, the man bends solid steel. I dont think I could handle that, so I might start small with paper clip bending. But I better get the ones from China made out of recycled tin cans because I fear the american steel would still be too much for me.

LMFAO!!!! One of your best write ups by far
    On the list for Bannukah

trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BH

Start with the coated clips so they don't tear up your hands. I had a nasty set of torn up hands... hate to see you have to deal with that as well.
    --
    Knows a trial lawyer who knows how to defend himself in an online forum.

Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can't say I've ever seen a more involved shrug thread. Lol.
    Can't say I've ever seen another shrug video either.
    My opinion because it works for me, I'm a full range of motion guy. But if it works for OP, great.
    As i get older I am realizing i have to get while the gettings good. I can put stats and PR's up here all day long. But, the main concepts with my workouts....
    1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Rocky3540 View Post
    Can't say I've ever seen a more involved shrug thread. Lol.
    Can't say I've ever seen another shrug video either.
    My opinion because it works for me, I'm a full range of motion guy. But if it works for OP, great.
    Very little actual training talk here anymore. When there is a thread we all get excited
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Very little actual training talk here anymore. When there is a thread we all get excited
    Except in the rare occurrence we get an actual training thread in here now, I never know which replies are serious and which are shtick. :-(
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    Except in the rare occurrence we get an actual training thread in here now, I never know which replies are serious and which are shtick. :-(
    I don't have a reply. I don't do shrugs.

I do think I should start doing some of those leg press though, looks like a great tricep workout.

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I don't have a reply. I don't do shrugs.

I do think I should start doing some of those leg press though, looks like a great tricep workout.
    Ah, video was blocked for me.

Just watched on my phone. LOL.
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rocky3540 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    I see that. I've been hanging out in the misc thread lately competing in some completions over there. Y'all should check it out. Not sure shrugs, nail bending or whatever leg press guy was going will ever be one of the comps though.
    As i get older I am realizing i have to get while the gettings good. I can put stats and PR's up here all day long. But, the main concepts with my workouts....
    1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.

Well at the very least the OP posted videos of him lifting (although it has done little for him in terms of build ) albeit with ridiculous ROM, but lifting videos nonetheless!!
    On the list for Bannukah

1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.

Holy sh!t what a f'cking joke!
    On the list for Bannukah

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    See....that dude has INCREDIBLE development! The kind you can only get bending metal!

On a serious note, there is one nice thing in that vid. LOVE me some Ivanko OM plates.
    RAW lifts

See....that dude has INCREDIBLE development! The kind you can only get bending metal!

On a serious note, there is one nice thing in that vid. LOVE me some Ivanko OM plates.
    Short steel bending unbraced works the back and chest like you won't be able to lifting weights. It also separates the men from the boys when it comes to pain tolerance and wrist strength. Anyone can pin themselves into extra muscular development but that won't do jack to help your tendons wrists and pain tolerance. Short steel bending help all of those things and exploits those weaknesses in lesser individuals.

It's doubtful anyone posting in the O35 could compare to me in any sort of bending or grip strength in general. BH can talk trash about builds and all that just as I can about pure strength.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    BH

Why is that goomba chained into the seat?
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Why is that goomba chained into the seat?
    It's a chain made out of all the steel he has bent. He wears it as a badge of honor. You can't buy one....you have to earn it!

I agree with Pryme. Bending steel is where it is at. You know, the Greeks get too much cretin for measuring the limits of humanity with the advent of the Olympic games. BUT all they were, was a group of wimpy bronze benders.

True alpha men bend steel! Greeks are betas!
    RAW lifts

It's a chain made out of all the steel he has bent. He wears it as a badge of honor. You can't buy one....you have to earn it!

I agree with Pryme. Bending steel is where it is at. You know, the Greeks get too much cretin for measuring the limits of humanity with the advent of the Olympic games. BUT all they were, was a group of wimpy bronze benders.

True alpha men bend steel! Greeks are betas!
    I bent steel once. I'm not proud of it. I'm not going to lie, there was a lot of preworkout involved. It was late and I knew I already had my quota for the day when I took some a few hours before. But I couldn't help myself as I was driving around town. I had a craving. I didn't know what it it was until I drove by the golds gym and the lights glimmered off my can of phsycotic. I took a double dose and headed inside. The first bar I saw, I loaded it up, and I'm ashamed to say, I did quarter squats and bent that poor innocent bar. Have regretted it ever since. To this day, I'm now a one scoop a day guy and a full range of motion. I'll never go back or never go partial again.
    1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.

I bent steel once. I'm not proud of it. I'm not going to lie, there was a lot of preworkout involved.
    The OP stated he only trains naturally. Preworkouts are for cheaters! Lots of guys guzzle a preworkout and then go bend steel. But natty is a different ball game. Much more rare and impressive to be bending steel without preworkouts.

Lets keep only to natural talk in here as everyone knows how easy it is on the other side. Heck, within 6-8 weeks of good preworkouts, most people are around 4% bf and squat 1000lbs easy. What fun is that?
    RAW lifts

trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The OP stated he only trains naturally. Preworkouts are for cheaters! Lots of guys guzzle a preworkout and then go bend steel. But natty is a different ball game. Much more rare and impressive to be bending steel without preworkouts.

Lets keep only to natural talk in here as everyone knows how easy it is on the other side. Heck, within 6-8 weeks of good preworkouts, most people are around 4% bf and squat 1000lbs easy. What fun is that?
    Does coffee count as a pre-workout? if so, if I had a banana and peanut butter, or maybe some oats and whey an hour prior? is that still... "natty"?
    --
    Knows a trial lawyer who knows how to defend himself in an online forum.

I think you and rocky dabble in a tad more than a pre workout lol.

I think you and rocky dabble in a tad more than a pre workout lol.
    Respectfully deny but much appreciated.
    1. GO BIG OR GO HOME.
    2. FORM IS EVERYTHING
    3. BREATHE.