Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Av98wl View Post

Shame since the price point looked good and it is apparently very similar to reg. training - Anyone can confirm?
    The Sport Training is very similar to the Training Bar. The knurl is every so slightly sharper on the Training, but it´s a small difference from the two I had. The sleeves were very similar too, although they do take time to bed in and I think the Training Bar took a little longer to bed in than the Sport (in fact, I doubt it is even bedded in fully now, considering the mild use I give it - when I start snatching 150kg it might start bedding in LOL).

Both are fantastic. The Sport Training is an amazing bar at that price point (on sale it would be a steal).

EDIT: Post #7 has a knurl photo of the Sport Training
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1399510843
    Last edited by MonkeyT; 11-27-2016 at 02:30 AM. Reason: add post link
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #75 ▪██─────██▪

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MonkeyT View Post
    Both are fantastic. The Sport Training is an amazing bar at that price point (on sale it would be a steal).

EDIT: Post #7 has a knurl photo of the Sport Training
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1399510843
    Post 110 has the Sport Training knurl also. This is when I owned one..
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1430477111
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A friend of mine bought some Eleiko last week, from a previous eleiko dealer.
    Most thing used but as good as new, for a decent price.

Another friend has the sports training bar. I have not compared the WL training bar and that bar side to side, but I thought the Sports had a smaller sleeve collar / shoulder but a bit wider (like you see on female barbells). Wouldn't know why. Haven't measured actual sleeve length or diameter. My old Schnell bar has a real big sleeve shoulder (diameter wise), and it seems that bumpers rattle less because the are stabilized better or something like that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNRh7AijPef/?taken-by=vsral
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BNZutr-jwzG/?taken-by=vsral
    - Homegym owner - barbell collector
    ---> Gym pics: Instagram.com/vsral/

MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nice stash.

Originally Posted by vsral View Post
    A friend of mine bought some Eleiko last week, from a previous eleiko dealer.
    Most thing used but as good as new, for a decent price.

Another friend has the sports training bar. I have not compared the WL training bar and that bar side to side, but I thought the Sports had a smaller sleeve collar / shoulder but a bit wider (like you see on female barbells). Wouldn't know why. Haven't measured actual sleeve length or diameter. My old Schnell bar has a real big sleeve shoulder (diameter wise), and it seems that bumpers rattle less because the are stabilized better or something like that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNRh7AijPef/?taken-by=vsral
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BNZutr-jwzG/?taken-by=vsral
    Attached Images

AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've really enjoyed reading this (and other Equipment Forum threads) over the past year, but finally got round to joining so I can post. This is a great thread and I've loved seeing some great pictures of Eleiko both recent and vintage. I've been adding to my garage gym over the past couple of years and have acquired a few Eleiko items. Some powerlifting discs, weightlifting discs, two bars and a couple of vintage bumpers (the style of which I really like). Hopefully I'll manage to attach the photos properly in my first post...
    Attached Images

vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AndyRoR View Post
    I've really enjoyed reading this (and other Equipment Forum threads) over the past year, but finally got round to joining so I can post. This is a great thread and I've loved seeing some great pictures of Eleiko both recent and vintage. I've been adding to my garage gym over the past couple of years and have acquired a few Eleiko items. Some powerlifting discs, weightlifting discs, two bars and a couple of vintage bumpers (the style of which I really like). Hopefully I'll manage to attach the photos properly in my first post...
    Very nice.. Looks top of the line.

I see that there are 2 bars , one had red mark and other Blue mark. They both have Center Knurl. What are the marks for and are they power lifting bars.

AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndyRoR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vhd16 View Post
    Very nice.. Looks top of the line.

I see that there are 2 bars , one had red mark and other Blue mark. They both have Center Knurl. What are the marks for and are they power lifting bars.
    Thanks. The bar with the red sticker is the powerlifting bar and the one with the blue sticker is the weightlifting bar.

Duplicate post of below "edit".
    Last edited by MonkeyT; 12-01-2016 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Duplicate post of below "edit".

Fantastic! You have been busy...... Photos attached.

What is the short bar at top?

EDIT: Actually, now i´m wondering what the top two bars are, and the bottom bar? :-)
    (assume they aren´t Eleiko, but they look interesting)

Last edited by MonkeyT; 12-01-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Originally Posted by MonkeyT View Post
    Fantastic! You have been busy...... Photos attached.

What is the short bar at top?
    Thanks for embedding. The short bar at the top is nothing special. The bar below it was part of a cheap set that I bought about 4 years ago when I stopped using a commercial gym and bought my first few pieces of equipment. Had no garage at the time so managed to convince my wife to give up half of the dining room for workout kit, but space constraints meant I needed to buy the 5 ft bar to avoid hitting walls etc.

The bottom bar is the bare steel Rogue Ohio Deadlift bar

Thanks for confirming. Very nice setup.

The bottom bar is the bare steel Rogue Ohio Deadlift bar

845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks. The bar with the red sticker is the powerlifting bar and the one with the blue sticker is the weightlifting bar.
    How sharp is the knurl on that PL bar?

gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Finally had the chance to connect with another member on a deal we worked on together. The gentleman is top notch. Picked up these old Eileko bumpers and some 10kg plates. Interesting design on the bumpers as they are tapered. I'll take some better pictures when I get a chance to clean them up some. Also have a nice pair of spinlock collars.

"If your going to be a bear, be a grizzly!"
    ()---() York Barbell Club #44 (DD)()---()
    ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Originally Posted by 845ToastT View Post
    How sharp is the knurl on that PL bar?
    Fairly sharp but in a weird king of way it is more "sticky" than sharp. It is the competition PL bar which has a bare steel shaft making it sharper than the knurl on the training PL bar which is coated. I still believe you could use it for everyday training if you wanted to and had reasonably tough hands. That being said I use the Texas Power Bar for everyday training for squat and bench, and either the Texas Power Bar or the Ohio Deadlift bar for deadlift training. I use the Eleiko PL bar when going for maxes and low reps.

Comparing the knurl to the other bars I have, I reckon it is sharper than the Eleiko WL competition bar, and sharper than the Texas Power Bar, but the knurl on the Texas Power Bar is coarser than the Eleiko PL bar which brings them closer in terms of overall grip comfort in my view. The Ohio Deadlift bar is in my view is as sharp as the Eleiko PL bar (in fact the Ohio Deadlift Bar maybe seems even slightly sharper as the knurl is a bit coarser).

Attached are photos of the knurl of the Eleiko WL bar and the Eleiko PL bar. I tried to take photos of the other two bars but they didn't come out well - I'll try to get better ones tomorrow (am in the UK). I hope this is of help - though if you are considering buying one I really would recommend trying to find one to try out first as it is so subjective.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by gene19728 View Post
    Finally had the chance to connect with another member on a deal we worked on together. The gentleman is top notch. Picked up these old Eileko bumpers and some 10kg plates. Interesting design on the bumpers as they are tapered. I'll take some better pictures when I get a chance to clean them up some. Also have a nice pair of spinlock collars.
    Looks great - looking forward to more pictures and especially of the tapering of the bumpers. Is that a green colored rim around the 20kg disc or is it the lighting? I thought all the 20kg's were coloured blue?

845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 845ToastT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Fairly sharp but in a weird king of way it is more "sticky" than sharp. It is the competition PL bar which has a bare steel shaft making it sharper than the knurl on the training PL bar which is coated. I still believe you could use it for everyday training if you wanted to and had reasonably tough hands. That being said I use the Texas Power Bar for everyday training for squat and bench, and either the Texas Power Bar or the Ohio Deadlift bar for deadlift training. I use the Eleiko PL bar when going for maxes and low reps.

Comparing the knurl to the other bars I have, I reckon it is sharper than the Eleiko WL competition bar, and sharper than the Texas Power Bar, but the knurl on the Texas Power Bar is coarser than the Eleiko PL bar which brings them closer in terms of overall grip comfort in my view. The Ohio Deadlift bar is in my view is as sharp as the Eleiko PL bar (in fact the Ohio Deadlift Bar maybe seems even slightly sharper as the knurl is a bit coarser).

Attached are photos of the knurl of the Eleiko WL bar and the Eleiko PL bar. I tried to take photos of the other two bars but they didn't come out well - I'll try to get better ones tomorrow (am in the UK). I hope this is of help - though if you are considering buying one I really would recommend trying to find one to try out first as it is so subjective.

Thanks very much. It is hard to find someone who owns one of these to get their opinion.

Embedded.

Eleiko PL

Eleiko WL

Thanks for posting Gene. Great stuff!

Especially look forward to further photos of the spinlocks!! Cheers.

PS. Nice Jackson pair too :-)

I´m now wondering about the green on the 20´s too, i´ve only seen a couple of pairs of this tapered style before. I did see a coloured rim on a pair of tapered before, but cant put my hands on it at the moment..... Here´s 2 images of tapered, these ones don´t have the coloured rim, so there were a few variations of this plate. You´ll note the 50´s which do have the outer rim colour (non tapered though).

Looks great - looking forward to more pictures and especially of the tapering of the bumpers. Is that a green colored rim around the 20kg disc or is it the lighting? I thought all the 20kg's were coloured blue?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MonkeyT; 12-04-2016 at 04:00 AM.

OK, found it. Looks very similar to the one Gene posted, with the coloured rim just visible.

But it certainly looks blue in this example, as it should. Maybe Genes is a trick of the light, or the colour has changed with time to a more green colour.

A great find anyway, that´s for sure.

Attached Images
    Last edited by MonkeyT; 12-04-2016 at 03:18 AM.

Old Style with Colour Rim in their original form

Fresh photo of the old style coloured rims in their original form.

It´s small but the only image I have of the original rim colours when new.

Attached Images

vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yesterday I lifted with the WL training bar, today with the sports training bar.

There is certainly a difference in feel (knurling)
    Sports training bar has smaller points and more space between them. Feels almost as sharp as the WL training bar, but les grippier somehow. I instantly tore a callus today, just like previous times on the same sports training bar.

WL training bar

Sports training bar (dont know why the pic is rotated, wasnt like that before uploading

Shoulder / collar of the sleeve of the sports training bar. Wider and smaller diameter compared to WL training bar

gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's a blue color. Like the 10kg plates. It's fading off the bumpers though.

"If your going to be a bear, be a grizzly!"
    ()---() York Barbell Club #44 (DD)()---()
    ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Thanks for clarification on the colour.

Those spinlocks are totally fantastic! If you ever want to sell them........ :-) :-)

Great photos, thanks for taking the time to do that.

It's a blue color. Like the 10kg plates. It's fading off the bumpers though.

Thanks for posting the extra photos and agree with MonkeyT that the spinlock collars look great. I think the "star" design is the best looking version of the Eleiko collars that they have done.

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by vsral View Post
    Yesterday I lifted with the WL training bar, today with the sports training bar.

There is certainly a difference in feel (knurling)
    Sports training bar has smaller points and more space between them. Feels almost as sharp as the WL training bar, but les grippier somehow. I instantly tore a callus today, just like previous times on the same sports training bar.

WL training bar

Sports training bar (dont know why the pic is rotated, wasnt like that before uploading

Shoulder / collar of the sleeve of the sports training bar. Wider and smaller diameter compared to WL training bar
    Thanks for posting pics of the knurl differences between the two bars.

Quick question, would you know the production years of the two bars? I'm curious if there's been a change in knurling over the years?

I've asked Eleiko if there's a difference in knurl between the WL and ST bars and they say "no", but every person I've talked to that has both bars has said that there's a difference, and the pics show it pretty clear as day here. For whatever reason, most don't prefer the knurl of the ST versions for whatever reason. More times than not the complaint innoverly aggressive.

I have a offer to buy a ST bar, but I've been on the fence. On paper, it should be exactly what I'm looking for, but I don't want to be disappointed with the feel over time. When investing this amount of money, I feel you need to certain it will work long term.
    Last edited by MGM711; 12-06-2016 at 07:00 AM.

The WL bar was october 2014. The ST 2012 or 2013.
    How much would the price difference be?

Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    I've asked Eleiko if there's a difference in knurl between the WL and ST bars and they say "no", but every person I've talked to that has both bars has said that there's a difference, and the pics show it pretty clear as day here. For whatever reason, most don't prefer the knurl of the ST versions for whatever reason. More times than not the complaint innoverly aggressive.

I have a offer to buy a ST bar, but I've been on the fence. On paper, it should be exactly what I'm looking for, but I don't want to be disappointed with the feel over time. When investing this amount of money, I feel you need to certainbitbwill work long term.
    I've heard that there can also be variations in the knurls within batches of the same type of bar, depending on how new or old the cutting bit is. Are you able to go and check out the knurl on the ST bar before you buy? Even if it is a fairly big time/mileage investment, in my view that's the only sure way of knowing how it will feel - particularly (as you say) given the amount of money you're spending.

Av98wl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eleiko sport training knurl and spin video I found on twitter
    I dont have enough posts so you all are gonna have to connect the link

youtu. be/0pujMX1IEO0