bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Cool Modern Bodybuilding vs 'Von Moger'

What's the difference between modern bodybuilding and 'callum von moger' style bodybuilding ?
    In many of his video I heard him telling 'I don't like modern bodybuilding....' .
    His physique look 'mirin without those veins popping out like weeds all over the body .

There is some amazing similarities bw him and arnold we everyone noticed, but I cant figure out why it is so !!
    >>> Journey to the Muscleville !

bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bigRbuffR is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by batspoof View Post
    Are you dumb? Callum's physique is more like the bodybuilders from the golden era. He's stated in numerous videos that he idolizes those guys -- arnold, dave draper, frank zane, lou ferrigno etc. He doesn't like the look of today's blocky bodybuilders and he doesn't want to be like them.
    what is the 'dumb' part in my question ? I just asked what's the difference bw modern style of bodybuilding and the one he likes ? (read my ques again)

JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by batspoof View Post
    Are you dumb? Callum's physique is more like the bodybuilders from the golden era. He's stated in numerous videos that he idolizes those guys -- arnold, dave draper, frank zane, lou ferrigno etc. He doesn't like the look of today's blocky bodybuilders and he doesn't want to be like them.
    Problem is moger looks NOTHING like the guys of the old days, looks way too blocky to be considered aesthetic and how frequently he tries to emulate Arnold is fking annoying

SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SmallShrimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JigPig View Post
    Problem is moger looks NOTHING like the guys of the old days, looks way too blocky to be considered aesthetic
    this

I would hate to look like him tbh
    Got doubles?

GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Moger's amusing with the crossfit digs and his bro attitude but hes not as classic as he thinks he is

do i have brotential BartPimpson's Avatar
    BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Von Moger's a decent but not amazing bodybuilder who has a talent for self-promotion. His "look" is probably 90% genetic. Most bodybuilders from the 70s didn't look like Arnold, either.
    We're dodging more ninjitsu attacks than Flex Wheeler. We're ducking more bullets than George Farah. We're facing more death than a kid leg pressing at Branch Warren's gym.

You can't stop us. You can't hold us back.

IFBB brahs über alles.

purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000) purdey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GearHound View Post
    Moger's amusing with the crossfit digs and his bro attitude but hes not as classic as he thinks he is
    He is a funny guy but his digs at crossfit are dumb. I find it cringe worthy when people who train purely to look a certain way make fun of people who train for functional strength/athleticism
    tattoos - http://facepolution.deviantart.com/

Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000)
    Class and mass = Cedric Aesthetic McMillan

Imo, Calum is not truly following the classic bb. Closer to that would be Artemis but then again, he doesn't squat so..
    20 is just a number. I'm still moving your threads to tmisc....signed, your favorite mod

I'm 21 now, who's laughing now

6 plates squat crew
    120kg ohp for reps crew

Problem is moger looks NOTHING like the guys of the old days, looks way too blocky to be considered aesthetic and how frequently he tries to emulate Arnold is fking annoying
    Actually people compare him with Arnold, He doesn't like it. Nobody wanna be a 'second arnold', everyone wants his identity !

Originally Posted by SmallShrimp View Post
    this

I would hate to look like him tbh
    He looks pretty good as a bodybuilder, not an aesthetic though. And that guy is very modest and polite - He got the charm many girls be 'mirin

Originally Posted by GearHound View Post
    I think classic means putting more priority to upper body like having a Huge chest and Cannonball Shoulder and big arms. I noticed old bodybuilders dint have huge legs

Originally Posted by Andregood View Post

Imo, Calum is not truly following the classic bb. Closer to that would be Artemis but then again, he doesn't squat so..
    Another I can name - Bradley Martyn

GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50) GearHound will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Andregood View Post
    Cedric's FLS is goals

JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JigPig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bigRbuffR View Post
    Actually people compare him with Arnold, He doesn't like it. Nobody wanna be a 'second arnold', everyone wants his identity !

He looks pretty good as a bodybuilder, not an aesthetic though. And that guy is very modest and polite - He got the charm many girls be 'mirin

I think classic means putting more priority to upper body like having a Huge chest and Cannonball Shoulder and big arms. I noticed old bodybuilders dint have huge legs

Another I can name - Bradley Martyn
    lol No one has compared him to Arnold. A few people might have had but then he uses that and self promotes the hell out of himself to the point it gets annoying.

He's a big bodybuilder and that's it, the fact he makes fun of people like myself who train for functional fitness so I can do my jobs lowers my opinion of him even further.

You want to see a bodybuilder that closely resembles guys from the old days? Cedric McMillan and rhoden(looks more like flex)

ryansmith220 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn you all are some haters lmao.

Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Milone79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

this!!!

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    He looks similar to them but with bigger legs. So yes he does look like them, but not exactly like them. Sergio Oliva had big legs though. Also, there were lots of blocky guys back then. They just developed their lats so that they would still have V-taper. Some of the blockier guys were guys like Bill Pearl, who still had that rugged look and looked awesome. This forum seems to have a lot of Mike Mentzer fans as well, and he was on the blockier side. Franco had a wide waist, but his lats were so huge, he still had V-taper. I'm sure if people wanted to go and post pics up, we'd find more examples. I just think that more emphasis was put on developing things in balance.

Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    He looks similar to them but with bigger legs. So yes he does look like them, but not exactly like them. Sergio Oliva had big legs though. Also, there were lots of blocky guys back then. They just developed their lats so that they would still have V-taper. Some of the blockier guys were guys like Bill Pearl, who still had that rugged look and looked awesome. This forum seems to have a lot of Mike Mentzer fans as well, and he was on the blockier side. Franco had a wide waist, but his lats were so huge, he still had V-taper. I'm sure if people wanted to go and post pics up, we'd find more examples. I just think that more emphasis was put on developing things in balance.
    So what if you think he looks "similar to them"? You saying so doesn't make it so.

He is way too blocky, thick waist, flat arms to even remotely look anything like Arnold. The "blocky" guys of the old era still had some sort of flow and aesthetic appeal to their physiques while moger does not, moger looks like a grosteque collection of bodyparts with flat arms and a flat chest in comparison to Arnie.

He looks more like a modern NPC bodybuilder if anything, so stop comparing him to men that actually had appeal in their physiques

batspoof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) batspoof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) batspoof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) batspoof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) batspoof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) batspoof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) batspoof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) batspoof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) batspoof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) batspoof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) batspoof is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dat blockiness

dat thick waist

guestsaint is a complete loser! (-2000) guestsaint is a complete loser! (-2000) guestsaint is a complete loser! (-2000) guestsaint is a complete loser! (-2000) guestsaint is a complete loser! (-2000) guestsaint is a complete loser! (-2000) guestsaint is a complete loser! (-2000) guestsaint is a complete loser! (-2000) guestsaint is a complete loser! (-2000) guestsaint is a complete loser! (-2000) guestsaint is a complete loser! (-2000)
    yea didn't get how people would think some nobody is bigger than zane in a sense.. heath, jay, ronnie, literally 'short' kai.. don't know what's up with ramy.. arnold's just not on their level; it's a tight shawn's win over flex imo

SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SPARTANUP has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I like this Von Moger guy. He has an enviable physique and he does "bear a resemblance" to the Austrian Oak. Arnold was such a great poser that it is so hard to even replicate him in that sense, you might have the bodyparts but the way Arnold posed has never been duplicated with artistic authenticity.(save Cedric Jermackniddle) With lots of practice comes confidence in the posing and Von Moger can emulate that look and posing.

Von Moger is as classic as anyone in that classic division, and I would put him up there physique wise with Mike O Hearn or What Frank McGrath was in 2008ish. Great physiques with pop,wow and a tight waist.

No hate from me, frankly I find him entertaining to watch.
    Smarten up? NO! SPARTAN UP!