Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JediRN View Post
    I loved riding a bike when I was young. I lost my taste for it when I was changing the diaper on a 22 y/o quad on a vent.

Trauma nurses refer to them as Donor Cycles.

I still might get one someday though. Just make sure that I have my DNR braclet on when i ride. I'm not afraid to die in a wreck. I'm afraid I won't die and end up like one of the patients at my second job.
    Oh Chit! "Donor Cycles"
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Trauma nurses refer to them as Donor Cycles.

I dislike that attitude in medical professionals.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    No smiley?

Some medical professionals dislike changing diapers on a 22 year old or managing their vent, or managing the infections that will come from bed sores that will come. Some people don't like that their insurance and taxes are paying for the multi-million dollar medical bills. I'm sure families don't like watching their love ones die slowly and often in pain over the course of months to 20+ years.

There's another expression that we use. Turn them (we have to turn our patients every two hours or so) until they are done. That is these peoples life. The lucky ones are in comas, others are on a spectrum from brain damaged to fully lucid.

But on the other hand you can't live life in a bubble. Like I say, I miss riding a bike. I just don't want to be turned into one of my patients.
    A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Muhammad Ali

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No smiley?

Some medical professionals dislike changing diapers on a 22 year old or managing their vent, or managing the infections that will come from bed sores that will come. Some people don't like that their insurance and taxes are paying for the multi-million dollar medical bills. I'm sure families don't like watching their love ones die slowly and often in pain over the course of months to 20+ years.

There's another expression that we use. Turn them (we have to turn our patients every two hours or so) until they are done. That is these peoples life. The lucky ones are in comas, others are on a spectrum from brain damaged to fully lucid.

But on the other hand you can't live life in a bubble. Like I say, I miss riding a bike. I just don't want to be turned into one of my patients.
    I just think it is disrespectful. These are people that other people love, and have lost, for the most part. Yes, their choices landed them there, and thank god there are people to take care of them. I still think they deserve to be respected, even when no one is there to see or hear it.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No smiley?

My ex-girlfriend's brother is an ER surgeon. He said if people knew the f‹cked up sh!t he had seen during his career from bike accidents, they would never set foot on a motorcycle again.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just think it is disrespectful. These are people that other people love, and have lost, for the most part. Yes, their choices landed them there, and thank god there are people to take care of them. I still think they deserve to be respected, even when no one is there to see or hear it.
    Medical professionals have a coping mechanism that keeps up functional. It's no surprise that most of of have depression and are on meds for it. For the record though, my patients and especially my veterans (who tend to not be in the described condition, but yes some are) are treated with respect. Nothing disrespectful is ever said in front of them, even if they are brain dead and waiting to have their organs harvested/

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    My ex-girlfriend's brother is an ER surgeon. He said if people knew the f‹cked up sh!t he had seen during his career from bike accidents, they would never set foot on a motorcycle again.
    Polytrauma and GSW's day after day. It wears on you. Most times it can all be traced back to a bad decision. Whether driving drunk, trying to rob your meth dealer, pretending to be a cop and being shot by your best friend in the head, going outside to settle a dispute at a bar (after acting like a dick in the bar), being 600 pounds, fail suicide attempts, being in a gang etc. All of these have been my patients.

To be really offended you should read some of our prognosis.

eg. PPP - piss poor prognosis

That's tame example but sometimes we make of it. We have to embrace the dark humor or we just couldn't do what we do.

Personally I just say what many ICU nurses say. "They are trying to die." "Not on my shift or Not without my permission."
    A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Muhammad Ali

Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Go on craigslist, buy a $500-$800 motorcycle. Learn to ride that, and ride it into the ground. The first month or so of riding, you'll figure out if it's for you or not.

Better than dropping $10k on a new motorcycle only to drop it, or figure out that it's not for you.
    I'm not blessed with riches, but I am rich with blessings.
    Thank you, LORD, my God.
    IG: Tuksonrider

Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tuksonrider View Post
    Go on craigslist, buy a $500-$800 motorcycle. Learn to ride that, and ride it into the ground. The first month or so of riding, you'll figure out if it's for you or not.

Better than dropping $10k on a new motorcycle only to drop it, or figure out that it's not for you.
    ^^^ I totally agree!
    Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're living-life!

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are going to get a bike, set aside a good 1500 for riding gear. It is not if you will crash, it is when, and good riding gear can save your azz in a crash.

Riding down the road at 50 miles on your azz in a t shirt is a good way to end up like Jedi RN is talking about.

I have a couple of bikes, and yes I have wrecked. It sucks, but I still have all my skin because I spent the money on good riding gear.

I see idiots all the time riding in little brain buckets that are more novelty than actually helmets. Don't be dumb, wrecking a bike hurts and a lot of times it has nothing to do with "your" riding abilities.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Its an old and tired phrase that needs to be retired.

No smiley?

What about people who fuk up their bodies with drinking or smoking? What about disabling car accidents?

I have had several people I went to school with who have died as a result of bike accidents, another lost their right leg and still rides. Guy I use to ride with was killed on his bike 2 blocks from work. My own mother was killed in an accident in 95 in Mitchell S. Dakota. I have had a few accidents myself and none of this has changed my mind and I still ride although the frequency has gone way way down and a lot of the reason is due to continuous dizzy spells I have experienced ever since my OHS is 09. Getting dizzy while riding is not a good thing and that does scare me. I also never ride after dark here, deer are way too mumerous and hitting a deer ranks real fukkin low on my "must do" list.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    I also never ride after dark here, deer are way too mumerous and hitting a deer ranks real fukkin low on my "must do" list.
    Same here. I was riding down a dirt road in rural MT going about 60 mph when an entire herd of deer jumped right out in front of me. Slammed on the brakes and barely missed one of them. Scared the sh!t out of me.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CaptChip40 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ive seen probably 75=100 motorcycle crashes many very serious some fatal. Not saying I don't think about crashing especially when the wife in on the back. But I truly enjoy riding bikes and plan on riding until I can't any longer. I was without a bike as the kids grew up but been back on for years now. Rather die doing something I love than live longer wishing I had done something.
    Semper Fi.

Just play the cards you are dealt and STFU.

Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No smiley?

That entire post makes you look like a giant fcuking douche.
    Ndtha ton eda yi'mg oIng tofi

Sm2sm crew []-[]-[]--Squat Moar to Squat Moar[]-[]-[]

Unlawful possession of a raccoon

ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Some really good advice on here and I thanks you guys for that. I know I have to respect the power on the bike as well as the road as I know how dangerous this can be. I have been thinking about it a lot and seriously considering it.
    While I don't know you personally, I do know a lot of people who were first time riders, all of them said the same thing as you did, and almost without fail every one was pushing the bike beyond their skill limit within a month. I hope that's not you, but if you speed in a car, you'll speed on a bike, so I am going to reiterate what other people have already said, get a used, small displacement bike to begin with. The barely depreciate so you can ride it for a season and then sell it at the beginning of next season for almost exactly what you paid for it. A good rider on a low cc bike will outperform a crappy rider on a big bike.
    It'd be like staying fat while running marathons because it's more impressive to finish a marathon when you're overweight. It might be impressive in the short run, but in the long run it just doesn't make any sense. ~breathinglife

Raw competition lifts ....................Equipped
    Squat 661
    Bench 490...........................................666.9
    Dead 585

Its an old and tired phrase that needs to be retired.

What about people who fuk up their bodies with drinking or smoking? What about disabling car accidents?

I'm not sure what you are asking. What about them?
    I certainly see a lot of liver disease, pancreatitis and COPD with my veterans. In Vietnam, alcohol and cigarettes were standard rations and of course drug use was common.

Muhammad Ali

Originally Posted by Clinos View Post
    That entire post makes you look like a giant fcuking douche.
    How?

Muhammad Ali

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How?
    I get your post Jedi. When you're in the sh!t regularly, you develop a certain shell to protect you from becoming too emotional. Too attached. Too emotionally drained. Not because you don't care. You do or you'd be out of there...maybe working as a pharma rep or whatever. You care. You care greatly, and I thank you folks for what you do.
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ShortDave View Post
    While I don't know you personally, I do know a lot of people who were first time riders, all of them said the same thing as you did, and almost without fail every one was pushing the bike beyond their skill limit within a month. I hope that's not you, but if you speed in a car, you'll speed on a bike, so I am going to reiterate what other people have already said, get a used, small displacement bike to begin with. The barely depreciate so you can ride it for a season and then sell it at the beginning of next season for almost exactly what you paid for it. A good rider on a low cc bike will outperform a crappy rider on a big bike.
    Short Dave is Smart Dave PS: I dig Calgary and love the drive west to Banff!!

-----R. W. Emerson

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm not sure what you are asking. What about them?
    I certainly see a lot of liver disease, pancreatitis and COPD with my veterans. In Vietnam, alcohol and cigarettes were standard rations and of course drug use was common.
    Point was do you also pick on them and call them names? The donor cycle bs was old 50 yrs ago, wasn't funny or cute then & isn't any better now days.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    I get your post Jedi. When you're in the sh!t regularly, you develop a certain shell to protect you from becoming too emotional. Too attached. Too emotionally drained. Not because you don't care. You do or you'd be out of there...maybe working as a pharma rep or whatever. You care. You care greatly, and I thank you folks for what you do.
    We all get it. Posting it in a thread where a guy is talking about buying a motorcycle is what makes it fcked up.

Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    Thank you. I give equal care to everybody. But wen I go to work for our Veterans, it is special. I remind myself and everyone I work with that the entire country hopes, expects and demands that we give our Veterans the best care we can.

As a nurse, my personal feelings or opinions of what I would do or would do doesn't come into play. I will and do educate patients that being a Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) is NOT the same thing as a do no treat. When you code a patient, particularly if they have extensive co morbidity s they usually do not come back the same. Sometimes, but many times not. But if the patient and the family want me to code a 95 y/o advanced Parkinson's patient then that's what I do. When you are doing chest compressions on an elderly person breaking the sternum almost always happens. I've heard way more experienced nurses than me say that if your not breaking ribs, you aren't doing it right.

Point was do you also pick on them and call them names? The donor cycle bs was old 50 yrs ago, wasn't funny or cute then & isn't any better now days.
    No, no no and NEVER. ever ever in front of a patient. Even if they are dead. Yes, we talk to the patients when they are dead jut like they were alive when we are touching them. Maybe not all nurses, but I do and the Nurses I work with do to. I go through great pains to treat the bodies gently but if there is a jostle or an arm flops the wrong way when I'm doing post-mortum care I always say sorry. It's just a habit. and it's always Yes, sir, no sir (or ma'am) is there anything else I can do for you sir before I step out.

and to be clear, Nurses don't talk like that all the time. It really depends on the situation, it's the more that I think about it, rare, and always in a private conversation. sometimes you just feel so bad that you have to result to gallows humor to keep up the spirits.

Not everyone is a passionate about care as me. (and yes many are more) and I do not tolerate Disrespect to any patient from anyone. I have no problem jumping on someones case if I detect it.

I hope that makes it clear. and I fully support you and anyone else riding. You obviously know the risks and the absolute thrill of flying down the road with the wind hitting you and the ground blurring by six inches below your feet.

We all get it. Posting it in a thread where a guy is talking about buying a motorcycle is what makes it fcked up.
    I deal with death, poly-trauma, end stage organ diseases everyday. I guess I just forget that the rest of the world doesn't have my experience.
    Perhaps it was insensitive of me. Apologies for any offense.

Muhammad Ali

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Same here. I was riding down a dirt road in rural MT going about 60 mph when an entire herd of deer jumped right out in front of me. Slammed on the brakes and barely missed one of them. Scared the sh!t out of me.
    Two years ago I was driving early one Saturday morning. I was going about 55. A deer suddenly appeared right in front of my car. I hit it just right and the deer flew over the back of my car and landed in the street. By the time it landed, I was probably 50 yards away. Just put a minor dent in my hood since it was hard steel. Could have gone through my windshield very easily. Big Whitetail, too. It happened so fast, I barely had time to scream like a little girl and brace myself on the steering wheel. Very lucky.

A motorcycle and rider would have been demolished.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you. I give equal care to everybody....
    For S&G's this is 1,894 characters of text in a thread about motorcycles that you've turned into a self love-fest, that you still somehow managed to point back to your awesome profession AND then snuck in a few catty comments about riding. You may not sit on a tall wallet, but you're pretty rich in it.

Originally Posted by Clinos View Post
    For S&G's this is 1,894 characters of text in a thread about motorcycles that you've turned into a self love-fest, that you still somehow managed to point back to your awesome profession AND then snuck in a few catty comments about riding. You may not sit on a tall wallet, but you're pretty rich in it.
    Sorry to waste your time. I was asked a series serious question on a topic I was being flippant (ie. short and vague) with and just wanted to make sure that I was clear.

I'd much rather talk about the joys of riding. I was on bike from the time I was three until about 23, and I still miss it. It really wasn't my intention to derail the thread.

If BH wants to get a bike, I think he will totally enjoy it.

Muhammad Ali

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think these look fun.

Polaris Slingshot

Sorry to waste your time. I was asked a series serious question on a topic I was being flippant (ie. short and vague) with and just wanted to make sure that I was clear.
    You get a bit course after watching a few dozen of your patients pass, usually in some of the most depressing circumstances. I understand and appreciate your humor, you have to cope with what you do. I have a great deal of respect for anyone that can do what you do for as long as you have. It burns you out and grinds you down in a way many will hopefully never have to experience.

I haven't ridden extensively but I know that riding is an incredible sense of....freedom. I rode my buddy's Road King on some highway outside Mesa, Az., and I'll never forget that experience.

-----R. W. Emerson

TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here's my beast.

-Squattin' in the curl rack.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Going tomorrow to look at some bikes.
    On the list for Bannukah

Dude this a bike thread, keep that stuff in the random comments or joblife thread. Give BH a few days to start said joblife thread.

Originally Posted by TouaregV8 View Post
    Here's my beast.

Thats a beautiful bike man, love the lines.

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Going tomorrow to look at some bikes.
    What are you looking at? Seems we have a good amount of riders here across all venues: Sport, Cruiser, Tourer, etc.