Page 131 of 163 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 4873
    ByAssociation is a name known to all. (+5000) ByAssociation is a name known to all. (+5000) ByAssociation is a name known to all. (+5000) ByAssociation is a name known to all. (+5000) ByAssociation is a name known to all. (+5000) ByAssociation is a name known to all. (+5000) ByAssociation is a name known to all. (+5000) ByAssociation is a name known to all. (+5000) ByAssociation is a name known to all. (+5000) ByAssociation is a name known to all. (+5000) ByAssociation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    youre also 6 4 230. with a little competency you will be a very tough match for anyone who isnt extremely, like 1/100 of skilled people, smaller than you. you can try finding a strong and athletic person your own size who practices a different sport like boxing and see how it goes.

A noble man compares and estimates himself by an idea which is higher than himself; and a mean man, by one lower than himself. The one produces aspiration; the other ambition, which is the way in which a vulgar man aspires.
    Last edited by ByAssociation; 09-22-2016 at 07:28 AM.

LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ByAssociation View Post
    youre also 6 4 230. with a little competency you will be a very tough match for anyone who isnt extremely, like 1/100 of skilled people, smaller than you. you can try finding a strong and athletic person your own size who practices a different sport like boxing and see how it goes.
    A noble man compares and estimates himself by an idea which is higher than himself; and a mean man, by one lower than himself. The one produces aspiration; the other ambition, which is the way in which a vulgar man aspires.
    No disagreement here. I actually have mad respect for boxers. They have the stones to step in the ring and fight against a fully resisting opponent. Not the same thing as a dude playing a ball sport who is convinced he would last more than a few seconds on a mat without getting wrecked.

I also have fought competitively in some fairly big tournaments here. Even in the US where the level of competition is far from world class, I am no stranger to taking a beating by dudes who were not only bigger than me but also opponents who were near the very bottom of SHW (I used to compete at a weight of 350, I'm tiny as fukk now).

LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/21...fight-ufc-news

This is really gonna mess up Dana's schtick where he has to make it seem like all the fighters want to rape and eat each other's families. LOL.

Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EnriqueBrah View Post
    they probably took care of them well, drained them well, head gear etc...
    Generally yes. But there are people who have ears that are more susceptible to developing cauliflower than others and when they take damage it results in more damage to the ear than others.

Anecdotally, one of the fighters I trained with has been training for 8 or 9 years now and most of it doing MMA (had a UFC contract at one point) and has no cauliflower ear. He himself has been surprised at this and wonders why he has not got it at any point given he has never worn any head gear (and he wrestles with a university team for practice), never had to drain them, or anything - he has been extremely lucky.

Then we have some new guy come in and after 1 1/2 year, both his ears look destroyed.

These could be two statistically irrelevant cases but shows a stark contrast in what can happen and that people have ears that are more tolerant than others to taking damage.

Originally Posted by sklau96 View Post
    Anyone have a playlist/series of fundamentals? Wanna just drill drill drill chit with a partner

Been rolling for 2 months, learned quite a bit but switched gyms and I feel the quality is not as good. Instructor:student ratio is like 1:20, old gym was 1:10 at most. Lack of individual attention, among other things makes it not as good as my old gym.

Really chaotic and drilling isn't really emphasized. Lots of bs warmups like jumping jacks n pushups (I can do that on my own time, I pay to do BJJ) which takes up a good 10-15 min of the 1 hr class.

Until my 3 month contract expires and I find a new gym there I wanna actually learn chit. My old gym was way more structured and beginner friendly, unfortunately I can't go there till next year since it's halfway across the world.
    It is tough. I found I didn't really start to improve until an advanced student would take me aside after rolls and point out the huge flaws I was making. I then had to apply what he was telling me and noticed a shift. Videos of moves are cool and all but that will help you beat up other beginners at first. To really improve against people better, working fundamental movements is more important. Ie- shrimping properly, keeping elbows tight (especially if being passed), learning to reguard, and the number one thing I find white belts are terrible at - blocking cross face.

Originally Posted by miscHelix View Post
    Im a white belt and just signed up for my first tournament. Anything i should do to prepare, and what should i expect?
    Expect to face a spaz or two.

Create a game plan and start working that on white belts in the gym. IE - one set of closed guard attacks that you enjoy and ways to get closed guard from bottom of half, bottom of side, your guard pull, etc.. If your plan is to pull, have a plan if they pull first and try to avoid letting them pull closed guard (leading with one leg so they can't drag into closed or hands low by the hips but with good posture).

Defensively account for simple concepts like blocking cross face and re-guarding to closed guard. A lot of white belts will spend a lot of energy trying to pass and flame out if ending up in closed guard.

Hard to do, but on game day - try keeping nerves down. It is just BJJ and the worst that generally can happen is you get tapped. Injuries are quite uncommon. Most importantly, don't be a fgt.
    BJJ Brah

Originally Posted by Tapciv View Post
    Most importantly, don't be a fgt.
    Solid advice.

Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thoughts on this GI? I currently have a basic ass nova and having a second GI would be ideal. Also any recommendation for some generic not 50 dollars a pop rash guards you like?

Self-Taught Gynecologist TheAustrianOak's Avatar
    TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Turbomunkey View Post
    Thoughts on this GI? I currently have a basic ass nova and having a second GI would be ideal. Also any recommendation for some generic not 50 dollars a pop rash guards you like?
    you.... didn't post the gi
    If I'm on here, I'm at work
    If I'm at work, I'm bored
    Feel free to entertain me

Official Child Man

BJJ brown belt

Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheAustrianOak View Post
    you.... didn't post the gi
    Sorry ive been scatter brained these last few months

http://www.mmawarehouse.com/collecti...o-gi?&view=bjj

No double weave, no care.

Self-Taught Gynecologist TheAustrianOak's Avatar
    TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000)

never heard of the brand, personally not a fan of the bright green writing on the shoulder. that being said i like my gi's pretty plain

if you like it, go for it!
    If I'm on here, I'm at work
    If I'm at work, I'm bored
    Feel free to entertain me

Official Child Man

BJJ brown belt

thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a few rashguards/spats from walmart and they are surprisingly good quality.

Thinking about buying some scramble one's
    "I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all... They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to."

Originally Posted by thetrebel View Post
    I have a few rashguards/spats from walmart and they are surprisingly good quality.
    MMA Elite?

Irrelevant to YOUR succes chino3's Avatar
    chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

more known brands for the same price range. Honestly, just about all gis are made at one of the 3 same pakistani factories that everyone else uses. same templates, materials, etc. pretty funny actually.

Look into this brand:
    http://www.invertedgear.com/collections/kimonos

and a really good bang for your buck brand:
    http://fujisports.com/bjj/gis.html
    "It won't get better, just different."

“Yeah, that's what the present is. It's a little unsatisfying because life's a little unsatisfying.”

Bring back ****g‏‏‎ot, ****g‏‏‎ot .

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Btw guys, if you're not doing the slide by when people just clinch with you, you are severely missing out.

12:15 in this vid:

*Fat Kunt Krew (FKK)* President: Alan Aragon
    *C2H6O is the only macro that counts crew*
    *4th of October Victim Krew*
    *Neg incels for fun crew*

Originally Posted by chino3 View Post
    and a really good bang for your buck brand:
    http://fujisports.com/bjj/gis.html
    Fuji is my go to when I need a good, cheap "meat and potatoes" Judogi.

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
    Btw guys, if you're not doing the slide by when people just clinch with you, you are severely missing out.

12:15 in this vid:

Just hit 3 of those slide by's on 3 different guys. This technique is so ****ing legit, I need to be watching more wrestling videos as most bjj guys are severely lacking in that department.

thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thetrebel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Really good training session tonight

Getting compliments on my half guard/lockdown game hit a few sweeps from there old school sweep and electric chair sweep are my go to.

Managed to set up the darce multiple times, but couldn't finish. Had it on a guy but couldn't finish and I switched a Japanese necktie got a tap felt good mayne

Rolled against a state wrestling champ

JESUS FUK CHRIST

insane top pressure never felt before, managed to go to rubber guard to omoplata a couple of times but it was worthless.
    "I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all... They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to."

. . . I need to be watching more wrestling videos as most bjj guys are severely lacking in that department.
    There is much wisdom in this.

Originally Posted by thetrebel View Post
    Rolled against a state wrestling champ
    JESUS FUK CHRIST
    insane top pressure never felt before, managed to go to rubber guard to omoplata a couple of times but it was worthless.
    He have much BJJ experience? Can imagine his ground game was rock solid but was he able to sub?

EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    anyone have a flo acct i can burrow?
    theres a few wrestling documentaries i want to watch (cary kolat terry and mocco)

will rep for life
    Wrestler
    BJJ Crew
    New Jersey crew
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia 76ers

Wentz, Simmons, Embiid future HoFers

anyone have a flo acct i can burrow?
    theres a few wrestling documentaries i want to watch (cary kolat terry and mocco)
    will rep for life
    Unaware of Flo.

EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EnriqueBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LaughingStorm View Post
    Unaware of Flo.
    some fgts who over charge to watch special content of certain sports

it started with flowrestling, now they have flocombat flograppling flotrack etc
    Wrestler
    BJJ Crew
    New Jersey crew
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia 76ers

weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) weightsb4dates has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

this. the Terry doc looked really good but brb 20 bucks a month no thanks.

Originally Posted by weightsb4dates View Post
    if you ever find a way to watch, let me know
    Wrestler
    BJJ Crew
    New Jersey crew
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia 76ers

Originally Posted by weightsb4dates View Post
    Jeezus, $20 is more than Netflix.

Dafuq they thinking?

kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm at the point I'm starting to develop 'go to' moves during rolling. there are somethings I'm pretty good at and somethings that absolutely never ever work (for me)

I had a talk with a higher belt today and he told me i should stick to what I do good and like to do so it's second nature; I told him that when i go to what im good at, it feels like cheating and im neglecting working on the areas that i know i suck at. The last tournament I was in i was in a position was not strong in - i lost by points. So im torn between 'sticking with what I know' and 'exploring new things and being vulnerable'

where do you stand on that ?

Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000) Temuz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Went to open mat on Saturday, was the first time in 2'ish months of not rolling/doing anything BJJ related. Holy fuk I got destroyed, feelsbadman.jpg
    "Mike Tyson, greatest fighter ever lived." - Mike Tyson
    *** Misc BJJ crew ***
    6'4" 200 lbs OLB

Originally Posted by kneeonbelly View Post
    I'm at the point I'm starting to develop 'go to' moves during rolling. there are somethings I'm pretty good at and somethings that absolutely never ever work (for me)
    I had a talk with a higher belt today and he told me i should stick to what I do good and like to do so it's second nature; I told him that when i go to what im good at, it feels like cheating and im neglecting working on the areas that i know i suck at. The last tournament I was in i was in a position was not strong in - i lost by points. So im torn between 'sticking with what I know' and 'exploring new things and being vulnerable'
    Cheating? LOL.

Check out the concept of Tokui Waza in Judo. That higher belt was dropping knowledge on you, you would do well to pay attention.

Originally Posted by kneeonbelly View Post

You should have an "A" game and always try to force your opponents there when you're rolling seriously. But you shouldn't neglect the other areas either so that you're not a one trick pony. If your "A" guard game is butterfly, half and single leg x guard, you should always be trying to get to either one of those when on the bottom, but your other guards can't be so trash that people easily pass you once they get you out of your "A" game.

You should be competent enough in other guards so that you can find a way back into your "A" game.

You should have an "A" game and always try to force your opponents there when you're rolling seriously. But you shouldn't neglect the other areas either so that you're not a one trick pony. If your "A" guard game is butterfly, half and single leg x guard, you should always be trying to get to either one of those when on the bottom, but your other guards can't be so trash that people easily pass you once they get you out of your "A" game.
    You should be competent enough in other guards so that you can find a way back into your "A" game.
    Das it mane.

kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kneeonbelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

this makes total sense. I'm going through this phase lately no matter what I do I'm only concentrating on what I did wrong, what positions I got stuck in and how to NOT get there again. It doesnt matter what i do according to plan , i want a bulletproof game with a plan for everything. But , repp'd, i'll work on at least 3 comfortable go to's and work on contingency plans