GSpotSoldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSpotSoldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSpotSoldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSpotSoldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSpotSoldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSpotSoldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSpotSoldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSpotSoldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSpotSoldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSpotSoldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSpotSoldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Spinal Adaptation?

Does the spine and disc adapt in someway?
    Or....does it just degenerate over time from powerlifting.

I mean for someones spine to be able to take a 700lbs deadlift...is insane.

I am asking because I may be stronger in my traps and shoulders than my spine is ready for. When I do power shrugs with 390...
    I can feel spine compression somewhat.

gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gettinhench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I nearly deadlift 700 and the spine does strengthen but its the muscles that take the weight so strong muscles = big weights.

Yep I get that too when going heavy on shrugs over time it'll get easier as you get stronger

Josh
    Stronglifts 5x5 in progress

bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigfor15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    One of the biggest contributors to spine pathology is lack of stabilization, so the muscles that you train with heavy compound lifts serve as dynamic stabilizers that will probably save you later in life. Degenerative disc disease isn't as much of a nuisance as it used to be, either. Having a disc bulge is now considered a normal part of the aging process.
    Excuses are just tools of incompetence
    Used to build monuments of nothingness
    And those who specialize in the uses
    Seldom achieve anything