Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Resmed S9 crew. You will take mine from my cold dead hands.

The first time I used it I went to bed Clark Kent, woke up Superman. Now I'm never tired, sleep like a brick, wake up with energy. No hangovers if I am drinking.

Another weird thing for me is now there is no trouble falling asleep. Lay down, put the thing on, out like a light. AHI from 60+ to nil.

Originally Posted by jfindon View Post
    I really need to do this, I haven't had a dream for as long as I can remember and wake up tired all the time. I know I'm not getting actual quality sleep.

How do you sleep with a ****ing facemask though? I sleep on my stomach or side too, I don't know if I could have some stupid goggle looking thing hanging off my face and still fall asleep.

Don't use the mask, I use the one that goes under your nose. It is a PITA, but you get used to it and it eventually dissapears.

First few nights I just wore it for an hour reading and watching TV before bed, and now I just throw it on and pass out.
    ------♥♥-----
    ----♥♥-♥♥----
    ---♥♥---♥♥---
    ---♥♥---♥♥---
    ---♥♥---♥♥---
    ----♥♥-♥♥----
    -----♥♥♥-----
    ----♥♥-♥♥----
    ---♥♥---♥♥---
    --♥♥-----♥♥--

LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bro that is a wall of text, holy sh*t.

I would do some research. I am one of the fortunate ones who took to my machine like a fish to water. I still have around 2 AHI a night, they say anything under 5 is considered effective treatment.

This is mine from last night.

(っ◕‿◕)っ

LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LikeAMachine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by engj View Post
    No hangovers if I am drinking.

So much this. At one point my hangovers were absolutely debilitating. If I drank I was DEAD all day the next day. Now after a night out, I wake up feeling fine. It's night and day.

I agree, they will have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
    (っ◕‿◕)っ

TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TXBuddy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by engj View Post
    Resmed S9 crew. You will take mine from my cold dead hands.

The first time I used it I went to bed Clark Kent, woke up Superman. Now I'm never tired, sleep like a brick, wake up with energy. No hangovers if I am drinking.

Another weird thing for me is now there is no trouble falling asleep. Lay down, put the thing on, out like a light. AHI from 60+ to nil.

Truth.
    US Army 1998-2020

Army NG 1992-98

★Combat Veterans Crew★

Texas Tech Alumni '98 & '07

�Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.� ~ Aristotle

*Vasectomy crew

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dang sons imma have to get one I guess. Do they have to be fitted? Saunabrah, what kind do you have?

Armord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fj123 View Post
    what the hell causes this?

it seems like a chit ton of people suffer from this too. makes no sense
    It's basically your tongue slouching back into your mouth and making those skin slaps in the front of your throat, forget what they're called lol, push into the back side of your throat which causes air flow to be reduced or stopped.
    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) engj has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nobleneckbeard View Post
    How tired are we talking?
    I was siting down on the couch before supper and passing out. I literally could not close my eyes for 30 sec without falling asleep.

Originally Posted by TheMalvo View Post
    I would LDAR for 14 hours because I never had enough sleep.
    When I would be up and awake after 10 hours I would feel like falling out.
    My memory was shet and I felt worthless. I was an a.s.shole most days.
    Now I can sleep 6 hours and function a whole hell of a lot better.
    This exactly. I would get a day off, have a few drinks the night before, and then lay in bed 'hungover' for 14 hrs.

Wasn't actually a hangover, just that as miserable as you feel alcohol intensifies it.

Originally Posted by Josh81 View Post
    uh what other benefits could you possibly ask for?
    Blood pressure dropped 20pts in a few weeks of regular use.

Acid reflux went away for good.

You can get the room really cold and then sleep with the covers over your face. Totally dark and quiet, sleep of the gods.

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    whats involved in the sleep study? Do you have to sleep at a lab?
    Typically yes, I did mine at a community hospital that has a sleep lab.

You have 2 studies. One to diagnose and measure, then a titration study to set your pressures and monitor.

Originally Posted by TheMalvo View Post
    As far as smothering, it depends on the mask.
    I use the one that goes directly into your nostrils. It's a lot more comfortable than the one that goes over your nose. That one does have a smothering feel to it.
    My machine doesn't make any noise at all. The only noise I hear is when I take my mask off and you can hear the air coming out. As long as your mask is on you don't hear anything.
    I use the nasal mask, it's GOAT. Never actually tried the full-face but some people swear by them.
    ------♥♥-----
    ----♥♥-♥♥----
    ---♥♥---♥♥---
    ---♥♥---♥♥---
    ---♥♥---♥♥---
    ----♥♥-♥♥----
    -----♥♥♥-----
    ----♥♥-♥♥----
    ---♥♥---♥♥---
    --♥♥-----♥♥--

VladimirRudenko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VladimirRudenko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VladimirRudenko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VladimirRudenko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VladimirRudenko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VladimirRudenko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VladimirRudenko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VladimirRudenko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VladimirRudenko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VladimirRudenko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VladimirRudenko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I only snore when I take phenibut lol

IcePikachu is just really nice. (+1000) IcePikachu is just really nice. (+1000) IcePikachu is just really nice. (+1000) IcePikachu is just really nice. (+1000) IcePikachu is just really nice. (+1000) IcePikachu is just really nice. (+1000) IcePikachu is just really nice. (+1000) IcePikachu is just really nice. (+1000) IcePikachu is just really nice. (+1000) IcePikachu is just really nice. (+1000) IcePikachu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RICHSTRONG View Post
    Well wouldn't forcing air down your throat basically cause the same thing?
    In terms of enabling a weak tongue/jaw, yes. But with the cpap your lips and teeth can still come together so there are antagonizing forces acting upon each other. Does a CPAP ever cure sleep apnea, or does someone have to be depended on it for life??

Registered User 2Rude4MyOwnGood's Avatar
    2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    whats involved in the sleep study? Do you have to sleep at a lab?
    You don't have to do it in a lab, just depends on what your insurance prefers to cover. Some will only cover a home sleep study, which isn't bad at all. Obviously it's not as in depth as one done in a lab, but at least you're in the comfort of your own bed.

I did an in home sleep study, found out I had moderate sleep apnea, and I've been using CPAP ever since. Sleeping without it SUCKS. If I don't use my CPAP machine, the next day is guaranteed to be incredibly unproductive for me.

mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mechan9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well I'll be damned. I've felt lethargic, foggy headed, irritable, low to no energy for years now and I've always attributed it to depression of which I take meds for. Sometimes I'd mention to my therapist that there are days when I feel like I can take on the world with so much exuberance and have killer workouts and just feeling awesome overall. But those days are few and far between and I just went through life thinking it was poor sleep from depression but it could be sleep apnea. I have an HMO so I doubt they'll have anything fancy but it wouldn't hurt to contact my doctor to see what my options are.
    ►► Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man but cannot walk or hold things? ◄◄
    ►► Was Mitochondrial EVE a sloot? ◄◄
    ►► Were old people once young people? ◄◄
    ►► If a bear chits in the woods does The Pope eat it? ◄◄
    ►► Is analingus the new cunnilingus? ◄◄
    ►► If FTL travel is not possible, then why do people get cited for running red lights? ◄◄
    ▁▂▃▄▅▆ MISC deep thinkers and skeptics crew ▇▆▅▃▂▁

Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cpaballin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    can confirm am snorlax

Registered User 2Rude4MyOwnGood's Avatar
    2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mechan9 View Post
    Well I'll be damned. I've felt lethargic, foggy headed, irritable, low to no energy for years now and I've always attributed it to depression of which I take meds for. Sometimes I'd mention to my therapist that there are days when I feel like I can take on the world with so much exuberance and have killer workouts and just feeling awesome overall. But those days are few and far between and I just went through life thinking it was poor sleep from depression but it could be sleep apnea. I have an HMO so I doubt they'll have anything fancy but it wouldn't hurt to contact my doctor to see what my options are.

You'd be surprised what insurance is willing to cover in terms of OSA treatment. It costs them a lot less money to pay for a sleep study + CPAP machine than it does to pay for the health complications that come along with untreated OSA 20 years down the road.

Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok... now I really want to do this. I usually take sleeping medication to sleep hope that wouldn't effect the test.

1) How much is the overnight test?

2) what health insurance do you have?

3) is it difficult falling asleep with this machine hooked up to you or whatever it is?

fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I sleep like **** because of injuries caused by a drunk driver 16 years ago. I did a sleep study last year and found out I actually sleep really well. The problem turned out to be that I don't sleep well when someone else is in the bed with me....my wife wasn't too excited that I figured this out. I've known it for years, especially since I started traveling a lot for work back at the end of 2009. I would be gone for any where from 1-3 weeks at a time and even though we worked on average 16-18 hours a day, every day for the entire time we were there, I slept so much better during those trips. Every time I would come home, I'd sleep ok for a night and then it would be right back to waking up every hour or so, tossing and turning most of the time. Sucks but she refuses to sleep in separate beds lol!

We tried a Sleep Number bed for the last 8 years and while it was ok, it never really was a good fit. I found a company called Helix Sleep that makes a custom memory and cool gel foam mattress. I ended up getting the blended medium firm mattress but think I should have gotten just the medium instead. Totally worth it though. I haven't had back and hip pain like I used to and it definitely doesn't feel like it's going to lose its shape any time soon either.

https://www.helixsleep.com/

Leonydus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Leonydus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Leonydus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Leonydus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Leonydus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Leonydus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Leonydus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Leonydus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Leonydus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Leonydus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Leonydus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    im not getting a sleep study but will probably buy a cpap machine off CL since i got ****ty insurance, also getting a weighted blanket

CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Op, are you a smoker?

Registered User Scarrdbutsmartr's Avatar
    Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Scarrdbutsmartr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sleep with a CPAP is great.... The CPAP is also invaluable for avoiding hangovers.

randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500)
    useless thread. everyone read past my tldr post and no real help in here

Marc.o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marc.o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marc.o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marc.o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marc.o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marc.o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marc.o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marc.o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marc.o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marc.o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Marc.o is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sleep apnea is mainly due to mouth breathing.

You need to reeducate the mouth and breathing with the functional activator, mouth breathing at night is reflex because of bad TMJ alignment/development.

CAP is only a plaster on the problem.

Only way to cure it is with functional orthodontics, aka functional activator

"Many researchers have shown how mouth-breathing in children leads to a long face, receded jaw, ADHD, sleep apnea, and future TMJ and postural issues. It's key to open the airway as early as possible - age three isn't too early. It's not necessary to wait until all the teeth are in. We believe in developing the upper jaw and bringing the lower forward, by training tongue posture with the intervention of the Functional Activator is essential."

https://www.********.com/functionalactivator/timeline

Problem is it's as expensive as braces.

In the meantime i sleep with a boxer's mouthpiece so i'm forced to breath through the nose

TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't want a fcking machine...sounds great but I'm just imagining the pain of getting used to it and how painful it'll be to try and sleep without it.
    The Jerk store called, they're running out of you!

nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nn586 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Interesting op, repped.

I think I might have this problem. My dad has been using it for a while now.

i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LikeAMachine View Post
    My insurance covered the sleep study 100%.....the machine they covered 60% (I think)
    I'm starting to think I have sleep apnea, my snoring isn't too bad but I have every other symptom. No matter how much sleep, I'm tired most of the day, every day. Did your general physician order the sleep study or did you go to a certain place for this? I want to get one done.
    *TRUMP 2024 Crew
    *Smell Good Crew
    *ULTRA MAGA Minority Crew
    *AR/Gun Crew
    *Automotive Crew

Registered User HungryVenezuela's Avatar
    HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    breathing is a subconscious action
    the issue starts when he begin to consciously breathe throughout the day/training just as we're told to do by medical literature (inhale hold, exhale, ect) as opposed to simply moving while focusing on our actions

op, go running when you get a chance and test yourself through these scenarios:

a. focus on your breathing
    b. simply focus on running forward, ignore breathing

you can try it while swimming as well
    if you focus on your breathing you will hyperventilate and panic,
    if you simply focus on running, moving, swimming, ect, you'll be fine

cliffs: stop mouthing breathing when you train, just relax, let breathing happen on its own, keep your mouth shut tho
    Only person worth quoting is yourself.

randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500) randomguy232 is not very helpful. (-500)
    you guys can buy cpap machines cheap off of craigslist if you think you have sleep apnea. you can actually test yourself for sleep apnea with one of these machines. the thing is it needs to have a Bluetooth thing in it or something like that to connect to your phone, and show you the results. or the sd card if your computer has an sd slot. then you can download a free app to interpret the results.

https://www.sleepapnea.com/products/...r/get-started/

so if you download that app and your cpap machine connects to it somehow, like I do it with my phone. it shows how long you're sleeping for. your mask fit. and your AHI. which is basically it. also it records day after day so you can see how you were last week, yesterday, today, etc. anyways if you sleep with it and your AHI is something like 8 or 10 or whatever, then you have sleep apnea. I guess it's not full proof as some people with sleep apnea can try it on for the first day and it works perfectly. but that is very unlikely. also if you set you max air pressure to not very high, it will likely not clear your airways anyways.

this is the one I have, it says $405 new. that skips past any testing and is likely what an insurance will give you anyways. but you have to buy a mask and a hose/tube too. but that's new. so used will definitely be cheaper.

https://www.sleepdirect.com/cart

this one is $199
    http://www.cpap.com/productpage/apex...p-machine.html

this one is $349 with Bluetooth
    http://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-s...bluetooth.html

and those will all be cheaper on ebay or craigslist or somewhere where they're used, with the mask, tubing, etc.

this is the free program you can download to interpret results with an sd card, etc.
    https://sleepyhead.jedimark.net/

i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Should I just get a used cpap machine from eBay instead of taking weeks to go through dr and insurance???
    *TRUMP 2024 Crew
    *Smell Good Crew
    *ULTRA MAGA Minority Crew
    *AR/Gun Crew
    *Automotive Crew

Originally Posted by 2Rude4MyOwnGood View Post
    You'd be surprised what insurance is willing to cover in terms of OSA treatment. It costs them a lot less money to pay for a sleep study + CPAP machine than it does to pay for the health complications that come along with untreated OSA 20 years down the road.
    This.

They would rather pay for a machine than pay for your hospice when you have a stroke.

Originally Posted by Hadtodoit View Post
    Ok... now I really want to do this. I usually take sleeping medication to sleep hope that wouldn't effect the test.

1) How much is the overnight test?

2) what health insurance do you have?

3) is it difficult falling asleep with this machine hooked up to you or whatever it is?
    My test was free, I have united healthcare.

Uh, I don't like it that my machine has a "ramp" which means it slowing ramps up the air, but once the air is flowing, I fall asleep just as quick.

Originally Posted by CanardLaque View Post
    Op, are you a smoker?
    I am not and have never been a smoker.

Originally Posted by randomguy232 View Post
    useless thread. everyone read past my tldr post and no real help in here
    ???

Originally Posted by Marc.o View Post
    Sleep apnea is mainly due to mouth breathing.

You need to reeducate the mouth and breathing with the functional activator, mouth breathing at night is reflex because of bad TMJ alignment/development.

CAP is only a plaster on the problem.

Only way to cure it is with functional orthodontics, aka functional activator

"Many researchers have shown how mouth-breathing in children leads to a long face, receded jaw, ADHD, sleep apnea, and future TMJ and postural issues. It's key to open the airway as early as possible - age three isn't too early. It's not necessary to wait until all the teeth are in. We believe in developing the upper jaw and bringing the lower forward, by training tongue posture with the intervention of the Functional Activator is essential."

https://www.********.com/functionalactivator/timeline

Problem is it's as expensive as braces.

In the meantime i sleep with a boxer's mouthpiece so i'm forced to breath through the nose

Explain to me how soft tissue covering my throat hole is going to be stopped by breathing through my nose?

Originally Posted by i3oosted View Post
    I'm starting to think I have sleep apnea, my snoring isn't too bad but I have every other symptom. No matter how much sleep, I'm tired most of the day, every day. Did your general physician order the sleep study or did you go to a certain place for this? I want to get one done.
    I just called them, set up an appointment, saw the doc, he setup the sleep study and went from there. There are sleep specialists everywhere.

Originally Posted by HungryVenezuela View Post
    breathing is a subconscious action
    the issue starts when he begin to consciously breathe throughout the day/training just as we're told to do by medical literature (inhale hold, exhale, ect) as opposed to simply moving while focusing on our actions

op, go running when you get a chance and test yourself through these scenarios:

a. focus on your breathing
    b. simply focus on running forward, ignore breathing

you can try it while swimming as well
    if you focus on your breathing you will hyperventilate and panic,
    if you simply focus on running, moving, swimming, ect, you'll be fine

cliffs: stop mouthing breathing when you train, just relax, let breathing happen on its own, keep your mouth shut tho
    Explain to me how soft tissue covering my throat hole is going to be stopped by breathing through my nose?

Originally Posted by i3oosted View Post
    Should I just get a used cpap machine from eBay instead of taking weeks to go through dr and insurance???
    I don't see why not, but personally I would want to be certain you had it.

I knew for certain I had it. If I had to do it over again, I would buy mine second hand because I was 100% certain I had it.
    (っ◕‿◕)っ

itsjustpastabro ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° CurlBrah1234's Avatar
    CurlBrah1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurlBrah1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurlBrah1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurlBrah1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurlBrah1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurlBrah1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurlBrah1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurlBrah1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurlBrah1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurlBrah1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurlBrah1234 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What about a chin strap or tape over the mouth? Wouldn't that work since you'd be forcing yourself to breath through your nose?

I consider my sleep apnea less severe than what others are describing itt but my under eye bags are terrible and trying to get rid of them
    *College dropout crew*
    *Financial goals crew*
    *Trades > Office Job Crew*
    *Levi 541's crew*
    *350% chance its a pasta crew*
    *Make up my own crews crew*

ThrowinWeight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThrowinWeight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThrowinWeight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThrowinWeight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThrowinWeight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThrowinWeight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThrowinWeight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThrowinWeight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThrowinWeight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThrowinWeight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThrowinWeight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fawk, pretty sure I have apnea. Wake up in the morning feels like I never even slept. Not refreshed at all. Wife keeps complaining about the sounds I make sleeping. Guess it's time for a machine.

skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skew12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    After reading all of this, I'm going to get a sleep study. I have most of the symptoms daily.