Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Man, great work guys! Your muscle memory is off the chain! I mean geez, I never knew it was that pronounced. You guys are looking great.
    Do every act in your life as if it were the last - Marcus Aurelius

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks guys!!!! Im still cranking like a madman. On my way to my goal.

Just to update my progress........I slowed down a bit since the midway point.....just a bit though. Its been 8 days since my 195 update. This morning im at 191.5. Now that I think of it.......I guess its not that much of a slow down. I was getting a litte nervous because I was hanging at 194 and then the weight dropped like a rock. Anyways......4.5 weeks to go until the end. I want to lose a minimum of 13 more lbs.

On a side note, ive been monitoring my blood pressure at the school (where I work) nurses office and this morning I had the lowest reading I can ever remember. 126/74. Thats awesome for me b/c I usually have pretty high BP. Must be doing something right!
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Fears Chuck Norris JimmyChitwood's Avatar
    JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    On a side note, ive been monitoring my blood pressure at the school (where I work) nurses office and this morning I had the lowest reading I can ever remember. 126/74. Thats awesome for me b/c I usually have pretty high BP. Must be doing something right!
    What if it means that you're slowly dying?? Keep an eye on it. If the blood pressure drops to 12/3 next week, then I'd change something up before it's too late.
    ~Forgiven~

My Training Log and Record of Adventures:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=441433851

Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000) Ninjazn is just really nice. (+1000)
    What do your diets consist of? Amazing progress by both of you. You're an inspiration. Repped.

Wump330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wump330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wump330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wump330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wump330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wump330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wump330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wump330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wump330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wump330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wump330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JimmyChitwood View Post
    What if it means that you're slowly dying?? Keep an eye on it. If the blood pressure drops to 12/3 next week, then I'd change something up before it's too late.
    Very sound advice.
    Everything works, but nothin' works for long.

JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JimmyChitwood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Wump330 View Post
    Very sound advice.
    Thank you. I hope it shows how much I care.
    ~Forgiven~

Originally Posted by Ninjazn View Post
    What do your diets consist of? Amazing progress by both of you. You're an inspiration. Repped.
    Thanks a lot!

My diet is probably quite different that Oak's, but here's a typical day for me.

I eat several times a day in small "meals" (not counting pre and post workout shakes), trying to make the most of nutrient absorbtion. Lots of water all day long and while training, too. Example of my eating on a training day:

- Whole grain cereal, milk, protein shake, one or two glasses water w/ vitamin

- 4-5 hardboiled eggs, 1/4 cup multigrain hot mush, nuts

- can of tuna, sweet potato

- turkey sandwich, 1 cup yogurt, mixed raw veggies or nuts

- cottage cheese, raw veggies

- protein shake (pre-workout)

- protein shake, fruit and/or english muffin w/ jam (post-workout)

- dinner of grilled chicken, salad, wild rice

- cottage cheese (right before bed)
    ~Forgiven~

AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Wump330 View Post
    Very sound advice.
    Yes. Thank you Jimmy. I was thinking that might be the case due to the sudden rise in the number of people who die from falling blood pressure.

For Ninjazn......my diet is a bit borderline too low on calories, trying to make the most of the short time I have to win this contest. As long as im not plateauing, im keeping the cals around 1800-2000. I regularly drop 1/4- 1/2 lb per day. If I were not competing with a time restraint, my calories would be higher, trying to preserve more lean muscle mass. But, my diet consists of 6-7 feedings a day. Similiar to Jimmy's......

(Pre morning cardio) - 20 grams of whey in water
    (Post morning cardio) - serving of oats and 3-4 hard boiled eggs.
    - salmon or chicken and a half sweet potatoe
    - (pre-work out) salmon or chicken and a half sweet potatoe
    - (post work out) protein shake and fruit
    - (dinner) - lean meat and low carbs
    - (before bed) whey in water - (should be cassein, but im poor)
    - I often snack on mixed nuts if im raging hungry (which happens on a 1500 calorie deficit)

3DMJ Athlete

Figure I better post an update....even though its a negative one. I hit a wall. Ive been 189.5 for the past 4 days. It sucks. I think my metabolism is out to lunch and im not with it. Im feeling it too. Sucked out. People are saying my eyes look baggy........im drop dead tired when I get home from the gym at 4 PM. Even ramped up on stimulants, im falling asleep as soon as I stop moving.

Ive decided to bump my cals for a day. If it doesnt help my metabolism, at least it will help me mentally. Its about noon and ive taken in about 1800 cals. I feel like im on drugs. This feeling is completely foreign......a full stomach.

Im hoping this slingshots my metabolism so that when I cut back down, I start dropping rapidly again. Ive only got 3.5 weeks and at least 10 lbs to go to meet my goal.

3DMJ Athlete

Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Natural is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Figure I better post an update....even though its a negative one. I hit a wall. Ive been 189.5 for the past 4 days. It sucks. I think my metabolism is out to lunch and im not with it. Im feeling it too. Sucked out. People are saying my eyes look baggy........im drop dead tired when I get home from the gym at 4 PM. Even ramped up on stimulants, im falling asleep as soon as I stop moving.

Ive decided to bump my cals for a day. If it doesnt help my metabolism, at least it will help me mentally. Its about noon and ive taken in about 1800 cals. I feel like im on drugs. This feeling is completely foreign......a full stomach.

Im hoping this slingshots my metabolism so that when I cut back down, I start dropping rapidly again. Ive only got 3.5 weeks and at least 10 lbs to go to meet my goal.
    Hm don't kill yourself over your diet or Jimmy's prediction of the falling blood pressure could mean an instant horribly efficient death.

That means you can't bulk no more. ( oh noes! )
    6'6

^^^^ HA! I will try not to kill myself.

However, im getting nervous. Seems like im still plateauing......im gonna try a little high protein/fat, no carb for 3 days and cycle things a bit. See what happens.

Started tanning today.....got my dose of radiation. This is new to me. Hopefully, I tan up a little and not just turn to a lobster.

3DMJ Athlete

188 lbs - 3 Weeks Left!

Here are a few more progress shots. My last ones were 3 weeks ago and ive only lost another 7 lbs. Fat loss is slowing. Its getting tough, but im switching some stuff up.....cranking up the cardio, incorporating refeeds, etc. I am really shooting for another 9 lbs. I will count myself very blessed if I make it.

Heres my start (again)

188 lbs

3DMJ Athlete

Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sex_Pistol has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hoy crap dude, you look awesome now! that transformation is insane! your face looks completely different too!
    ☆★★☆★?ɐʌo uıʞɐʇ ɐǝs uǝǝʇ☆★★☆★

negger please......

reps on sight for life:

Jules_d1

Originally Posted by Sex_Pistol View Post
    hoy crap dude, you look awesome now! that transformation is insane! your face looks completely different too!
    Thanks! I am getting stoked for the end of this contest. I hope im in the running for the win. Ive got a lot of time and effort into this.....not that im only after the win....the transformation is a win in itself. I think another 8-9 lbs cut, a tan, and a shave.....and hopefully that will be enough for the W.

3DMJ Athlete

southphill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Impressive!

Hey AustrianOakJr this last shots are really impressive! I bet with your clothes on no one would say you should lose any weight!
    You're seriously up for the 1st place! If you manage to lose those last few pounds you're planning to it's a winner for sure! Amazing!
    Congratulations!
    Last edited by southphill; 04-06-2008 at 01:02 PM.

Originally Posted by southphill View Post
    Hey AustrianOakJr this last shots are really impressive! I bet with your clothes on no one would say you should lose any weight!
    You're seriously up for the 1st place! If you manage to lose those last few pounds you're planning to it's a winner for sure! Amazing!
    Congratulations!
    Thanks for the words, man. I lost another 2 lbs since the last photos. Im at 186 now. Two more weeks from today until the end......6 lbs.....gonna be a big push, but I think I can do it.

I shaved last night and it makes me look even more pale and washed out....im questioning if the tanning is doing much for me. Ive only been about 5 times but it seems like I just get a light burn, then it fades, and then another light burn, etc. Might have to go with the tan in a bottle. Anyone know a good one for a really white boy? Not real extreme color.....or orange, blotchy stuff....

3DMJ Athlete

Tanning can be really hard when you have fair skin. The trickiest thing about tan in a bottle is that you have to chose. Any you pick will probably be good to look better in bodybuilding pictures.
    But you want to look natural so people won't mistake you for an overgrown woompa loompa in you daily routine, you'll have to go for the expensive ones like lancome and other fancy brands!

Thanks Phil. I will check out "lancome" and do some research.

A little update on the contest. Looks like the final pictures got pushed back to April 26th due to the fact that spring break for the schools is the last week of the 12 week transformation....I guess a lot of people couldnt make it. IMOP, that should be mean they forfit. HA! But, I guess its a good thing. An extra week to cut down. If I dont hit high 170's now, ive got no excuses! Plus....a little extra time for a tan. That will be huge.

3DMJ Athlete

Oak,
    I want to hand it to you - you have come a LONG way, my friend. I spent the last week working on my house intensely and just finally logged on today to see your progress - insane. Your face, pecs, arms, abs - even an Adonis belt coming through. Can't believe we're seeing ABS!!! They've been under cover for a while. Keep up the good work. I'm impressed with your will to ramp things up at the end to get as many pounds off as possible, while fighting through the lack of energy, etc from reduced calories. You've got some serious grit.

As for me - I must be honest - I have not trained in a couple of weeks. I had to make a choice on the short term because there is only so much time. I am choosing to bust on the house in order to finish the entire upstairs before summer. So far, so good. I sacrificed all of last week's vacation time to bang out some work. No training, and the diet has worsened due to time constraints, but hopefully when summer comes and the house is done I can resume this transformation that I started and bring the diet back up to speed. More to come then....

Tanning products - seems to me I read something in a link you sent about pre-contest prep. Maybe it was written by Layne Norton on this site? Anyway, I'm recalling a product called Dream Tan for some reason. Something like that might be the answer for you, so that you can really show off the definition in the photos. Especially if they use flash in the photo, the effort you put into a tan could boost up your appearance by 20 or 30%. Presentation is everything when someone is giving a photo a glance and making a quick judgment. Can you flex in the final photos? If so, you might want to practice a pose or two that really showcases a slimmed down midsection (maybe something with the midsection twisted - like how Arnold would do to give the "illusion" of a tiny waist).
    ~Forgiven~

Originally Posted by JimmyChitwood View Post
    Oak,
    I want to hand it to you - you have come a LONG way, my friend. I spent the last week working on my house intensely and just finally logged on today to see your progress - insane. Your face, pecs, arms, abs - even an Adonis belt coming through. Can't believe we're seeing ABS!!! They've been under cover for a while. Keep up the good work. I'm impressed with your will to ramp things up at the end to get as many pounds off as possible, while fighting through the lack of energy, etc from reduced calories. You've got some serious grit.

As for me - I must be honest - I have not trained in a couple of weeks. I had to make a choice on the short term because there is only so much time. I am choosing to bust on the house in order to finish the entire upstairs before summer. So far, so good. I sacrificed all of last week's vacation time to bang out some work. No training, and the diet has worsened due to time constraints, but hopefully when summer comes and the house is done I can resume this transformation that I started and bring the diet back up to speed. More to come then....

Tanning products - seems to me I read something in a link you sent about pre-contest prep. Maybe it was written by Layne Norton on this site? Anyway, I'm recalling a product called Dream Tan for some reason. Something like that might be the answer for you, so that you can really show off the definition in the photos. Especially if they use flash in the photo, the effort you put into a tan could boost up your appearance by 20 or 30%. Presentation is everything when someone is giving a photo a glance and making a quick judgment. Can you flex in the final photos? If so, you might want to practice a pose or two that really showcases a slimmed down midsection (maybe something with the midsection twisted - like how Arnold would do to give the "illusion" of a tiny waist).
    Thanks dude. Bummer on missing the training, but I have faith you will be back at it soon. Perhaps we will be on the same bulking schedule? I plan to bring my cals up to a little above maintenance for about 4-6 weeks to get my metabolism back in check after this.

Dream tan? I do remember that name. One of the trainers suggested a supermarket product I may try b/c is inexpensive.....if its no good, I still have time to dump it and order something up.

Flexing? Well, I plan to flex.....but not obviously. There are two positions you are shot in....forward relaxed and side relaxed. For the forward, a tensing of the abs and lats seems to work well with a nice chest and tri pump. For the side shot, ive been working on the exact Arnold trick you are talking about.....put my feet a little further behind me and then twist towards the camera.....it looks good in the mirror. I will shoot a few shots in the same fashion I plan on taking the pics next week and post them....hopefully with a decent tan and good glycogen filled pump up....see how it will turn out.

3DMJ Athlete

I reached my weight loss goal this morning! 40 lbs! I weighed in at 179.5. Im pretty pumped about that. I will try to get some progress pics at the gym tonight and post later. 4 days until the final pic and weigh-in. I think im ready. Im preparing to start my carb deplete/water load tomorrow thru friday afternoon......then a load, a pump, and hopefully come out looking pretty good.

3DMJ Athlete

kbessette will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbessette will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbessette will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbessette will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbessette will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbessette will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbessette will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbessette will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbessette will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbessette will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbessette will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'm not even sure 'awesome' is even a worthy enough word to quantify your transition. simply 'wow!'

what are your daily macronutrient totals going to be for your quick carb depletion?

good luck on the 26th!

----------------------------------
    trainersjournal.com
    the fitness lifestyle ... with a get things done attitude

Originally Posted by kbessette View Post
    i'm not even sure 'awesome' is even a worthy enough word to quantify your transition. simply 'wow!'

what are your daily macronutrient totals going to be for your quick carb depletion?

good luck on the 26th!

----------------------------------
    trainersjournal.com
    the fitness lifestyle ... with a get things done attitude

Thanks man. Im about 8 lbs lighter than that last photo, with a tan and a shave, so I think its a noteworthy improvement I will be posting tonight. Watch for the next set of pics!

Ive never depleted/loaded before for a pic (or show of any kind), so this is only going on other people's advice.....Please feel free to critique if need be.

Tomorrow thru Friday afternoon, I will be eating all high fat protein sources like eggs, steak, salmon, etc.....starting out mixing in a FEW carbs mainly broccoli.....then, by thursday, no carbs only protein and fat. I plan to keep protein over 225 grams. The whole time, drinking water like crazy (maybe 2.5 gal per day). On friday afternoon, after my last full body depletion workout, I will have a protein shake, loaded with simple sugars.....then cut my water to sipping with meals.... a nice pasta dinner (mmmmm....), glass of wine and then off to bed. Saturday morning I will stick with sipping water.......have a bunch of fruit and then go pump up for the picture by 11 AM....hopefully, dried out and shredded up a bit more.

3DMJ Athlete

Here they are.

3DMJ Athlete

ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000) ccs77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Holy ****....nice work buddy.
    Check out my log! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120389691

http://www.xccellence.com/

Originally Posted by ccs77 View Post
    Holy ****....nice work buddy.
    Thank you. Im pretty excited about the end of this contest, but fear of the other unknown contestants has me a bit worried. All I can do is go nuts this last 4 days and hopefully come out in the best possible shape for the time alloted.

3DMJ Athlete

sirr0bin is just really nice. (+1000) sirr0bin is just really nice. (+1000) sirr0bin is just really nice. (+1000) sirr0bin is just really nice. (+1000) sirr0bin is just really nice. (+1000) sirr0bin is just really nice. (+1000) sirr0bin is just really nice. (+1000) sirr0bin is just really nice. (+1000) sirr0bin is just really nice. (+1000) sirr0bin is just really nice. (+1000) sirr0bin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow, that is a huge transformation! Best of luck with the contest!
    My Rippetoe's journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=108597931

It's a winner!

Now, time to change that avatar photo, isn't it?

Good luck!

Originally Posted by southphill View Post
    It's a winner!

Now, time to change that avatar photo, isn't it?

Good luck!

Thanks Phil for the encouragement.....I hope youre right. I will replace my avatar with my final contest pic. Gonna hold out for a real "finished" look.

3DMJ Athlete

Milk is for babies monkey_doctor's Avatar
    monkey_doctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monkey_doctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monkey_doctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monkey_doctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monkey_doctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monkey_doctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monkey_doctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monkey_doctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monkey_doctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monkey_doctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) monkey_doctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Holy ****! amazing. good luck in the contest, im sure u will smoke 'em!