Closed Thread
Page 191 of 209 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,730 of 6267
    Isa187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great, thanks so much for your help bro!

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Isa187 View Post
    Great, thanks so much for your help bro!
    No problem.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

Unstranger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skinny dude here, seriously thinking to start bodybuilding. (Not thinking, i will!)
    Talked with a friend and he's saying to get Supplements but i just don't know. Are they good or bad? Should i or shouldn't?
    Other stupid question is how and where to begin? I guess my biggest focus here is food because i'm skinny and to make mass i need some fat.

Some of my stats:
    Weight: 60-65 KG (I think i'm static 65 now, didn't measure myself so don't know my exact weight)
    Height: 180 cm

Have no problems with food, am both meat and vegetable/fruit lover and only thing i'm allergic on is ambrosia (Dunno if supplements have them or not, just throwing in because i don't want to die from it)

Any input will help!

Cheers~

EDIT: Ohh and yeah, my digestion system is fast making it hard to gain weight.

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Unstranger View Post
    Skinny dude here, seriously thinking to start bodybuilding. (Not thinking, i will!)
    Talked with a friend and he's saying to get Supplements but i just don't know. Are they good or bad? Should i or shouldn't?
    Other stupid question is how and where to begin? I guess my biggest focus here is food because i'm skinny and to make mass i need some fat.

Some of my stats:
    Weight: 60-65 KG (I think i'm static 65 now, didn't measure myself so don't know my exact weight)
    Height: 180 cm

Have no problems with food, am both meat and vegetable/fruit lover and only thing i'm allergic on is ambrosia (Dunno if supplements have them or not, just throwing in because i don't want to die from it)

Any input will help!

Cheers~

EDIT: Ohh and yeah, my digestion system is fast making it hard to gain weight.
    Don't but supps they are a waste, instead spend that on food.

Run a beginner routine like this one:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=167032221

Make sure to consistently eat in a caloric surplus (you can go over to the nutrition section to learn how to find your caloric maintainence and track your macros)

Stop making excuses on why you can't gain weight. It's you. Eat more.

Make sure to be consistent and practice good form through watching videos and recording yourself. Don't go heavy until your form is spot on.

Mertheblur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alright I have been lifting since January of 2015, so I still count as a newbie. I have been increasing in size regularly and have seen awesome results since last year, but I feel like my strength is going absolutely nowhere. The weight has gone up since the beginning, but I feel like I am starting to lift the same old weight week after week. Are there certain ways to focus my training on building strength instead of size? I'm not too sure where to go from here. Thanks! - Myles

Szaa is just really nice. (+1000) Szaa is just really nice. (+1000) Szaa is just really nice. (+1000) Szaa is just really nice. (+1000) Szaa is just really nice. (+1000) Szaa is just really nice. (+1000) Szaa is just really nice. (+1000) Szaa is just really nice. (+1000) Szaa is just really nice. (+1000) Szaa is just really nice. (+1000) Szaa is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yo cwgame how u get ur quads so big hm do they measure
    Φ United Misc Frat Φ

Repping Sydney brahs on-sight

Originally Posted by Mertheblur View Post
    Alright I have been lifting since January of 2015, so I still count as a newbie. I have been increasing in size regularly and have seen awesome results since last year, but I feel like my strength is going absolutely nowhere. The weight has gone up since the beginning, but I feel like I am starting to lift the same old weight week after week. Are there certain ways to focus my training on building strength instead of size? I'm not too sure where to go from here. Thanks! - Myles
    Run a beginner routine like this one:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=167032221

Make sure to consistently eat in a caloric surplus so you are consistently gaining weight

Make sure to be consistent and practice good form through watching videos and recording yourself. Don't go heavy until your form is spot on.

Have good recovery

Originally Posted by Szaa View Post
    Yo cwgame how u get ur quads so big hm do they measure
    Squat frequently 2-4 times a week

Squat heavy

Do heavy walking lunges

They are 30 inches

zorrocat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zorrocat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zorrocat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zorrocat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zorrocat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zorrocat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zorrocat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zorrocat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey so I started lifting about 3 months ago and I was wondering I know you lose muscle after you stop hitting the gym and stop lifting. My question is people work out and get pretty big like chest and arms for example and you telling me when they stop going gym they lose it all eventually, or do you lose portion of the muscle but not all of it? or do you literally start where you started at the start?
    Is there any way to prevent losing muscle when you quit gym? I know I read that eating is one way.
    Do you still lose muscle if you don't use protein shake?
    Would love some advice etc

wontonsoup14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a couple questions. I am 18, 6'2", and 155 lbs, so obviously I'm a bean pole. Almost exactly four years ago I fractured my back in two spots on my 5th lumbar (lowest vertebrae) and it resulted in a 5% slip of that disc. The technical name for it is spondylosis if you're interested. I haven't had a back injury since, and the spot is completely healed (the bones aren't fused together, they're held together with tough scar tissue). I was told not to squat (with a barbell), deadlift, or military press ever for the rest of my life by my physical therapist. She did tell me that dumbbell squats were okay though. This really stopped me from ever lifting, until recently i realized how painfully skinny I am.
    1) It's been four years since my injury, do you think it would be okay to start squatting?
    2) What's so different about dumbbell and barbell squats that I was told I can do one but not the other?
    3) I've read a lot about supplements, but do I really need them to gain weight? I take multivitamins and I used to take protein when I worked out before. Is there anything else I need/should be taking?

Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000) Cshall98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    How do people put lifting straps on in like 20 seconds? I was at like deadlift platform for like 2 and a half minutes looking like an idiot while trying to put straps on.

SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by zorrocat View Post
    Hey so I started lifting about 3 months ago and I was wondering I know you lose muscle after you stop hitting the gym and stop lifting. My question is people work out and get pretty big like chest and arms for example and you telling me when they stop going gym they lose it all eventually, or do you lose portion of the muscle but not all of it? or do you literally start where you started at the start?
    Is there any way to prevent losing muscle when you quit gym? I know I read that eating is one way.
    For the most part, all gains are lost after you stop lifting. However, it takes time. Muscle will start to atrophy after about 2-3 weeks of not training. The more active a person, then the longer it will take to be fully lost. Conversely, muscle is lost more quickly with less activity. A person can train once a week or even once every two weeks with an intense full body workout and retain most gains. You will lose the muscle with or without the protein shake - it's not magic - just liquid food.

There is a phenomenon called "muscle memory" where regaining muscle occurs much faster than gaining new muscle.

Originally Posted by zorrocat View Post
    Yeah you lose the majority of it depending on how long you are out of the gym for.

Originally Posted by wontonsoup14 View Post
    I have a couple questions. I am 18, 6'2", and 155 lbs, so obviously I'm a bean pole. Almost exactly four years ago I fractured my back in two spots on my 5th lumbar (lowest vertebrae) and it resulted in a 5% slip of that disc. The technical name for it is spondylosis if you're interested. I haven't had a back injury since, and the spot is completely healed (the bones aren't fused together, they're held together with tough scar tissue). I was told not to squat (with a barbell), deadlift, or military press ever for the rest of my life by my physical therapist. She did tell me that dumbbell squats were okay though. This really stopped me from ever lifting, until recently i realized how painfully skinny I am.
    1) It's been four years since my injury, do you think it would be okay to start squatting?
    2) What's so different about dumbbell and barbell squats that I was told I can do one but not the other?
    3) I've read a lot about supplements, but do I really need them to gain weight? I take multivitamins and I used to take protein when I worked out before. Is there anything else I need/should be taking?
    Consult your Dr. I would start light and work your way up with perfect form if you do.

One is on your back pushing you down, one is at your sides pulling you down. I guess DBs put less pressure on your spine, but you can't use nearly as much weight.

Supps are a waste done buy them.

Originally Posted by Cshall98 View Post
    How do people put lifting straps on in like 20 seconds? I was at like deadlift platform for like 2 and a half minutes looking like an idiot while trying to put straps on.
    Lol no idea just practice. Use chalk, I just use chalk no straps.

Bennarz is not very well liked. (-100) Bennarz is not very well liked. (-100) Bennarz is not very well liked. (-100) Bennarz is not very well liked. (-100) Bennarz is not very well liked. (-100) Bennarz is not very well liked. (-100) Bennarz is not very well liked. (-100) Bennarz is not very well liked. (-100) Bennarz is not very well liked. (-100) Bennarz is not very well liked. (-100) Bennarz is not very well liked. (-100)
    i love deadlifts

Hey man, I've been getting lower back pain like near my hips, it's usually the next day after my workout,it's only happened this week. Think it's the squats or the bent over rows I'm not too sure. I've been doing proper form but whenever I start the bent over row and I bend my waist it starts to get sore. Will this pass in a couple of days? Any ideas how to prevent it?

Erol4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erol4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erol4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erol4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erol4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erol4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erol4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erol4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Erol4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello, so I have been training for about 4 months now and I was wondering about these 2 things:
    1. Some say you should only train every body muscle once a week, some say 2 times since protein synthesis only lasts for 2 days(without steroids) so basically you can train any big muscle group every third day? What do you recommend?
    2. So second question is about caloric surplus/deficit. So there are 2 factors here: Insulin and glycogen level in livers. So if I understood correctly, you get fat if you glycogen level in liver is full. Do your glycogen levels have to be full in order to build muscle as well or do you only need high level of insulin(so calories etc enter your muscle and something)? And about fat loss, I'm pretty sure your glycogen levels in liver have to be low. Can you put math into fat loss? Aka lets say my glycogen levels are low. 1kg of adipose tissue is around 9k calories. So if I run till I burn 9k calories, will I lose 1kg of fat? If anyone has any informative website/blog about that, I would be happy to read it.
    Thank you in advance.

Originally Posted by Bennarz View Post
    i love deadlifts
    They are pretty good.

Originally Posted by Isa187 View Post
    Hey man, I've been getting lower back pain like near my hips, it's usually the next day after my workout,it's only happened this week. Think it's the squats or the bent over rows I'm not too sure. I've been doing proper form but whenever I start the bent over row and I bend my waist it starts to get sore. Will this pass in a couple of days? Any ideas how to prevent it?
    Try recording yourself a lot of people think they have a neutral spine when lifting, but in all reality their form is worse then they think it is. Are you bracing your core when you do those lifts? Is it soreness and not pain? I can't really help you further then this but if it will most likely pass in a couple days. If not figure out what you are doing wrong or what is wrong with your lower back.

Originally Posted by Erol4 View Post
    Hello, so I have been training for about 4 months now and I was wondering about these 2 things:
    1. Some say you should only train every body muscle once a week, some say 2 times since protein synthesis only lasts for 2 days(without steroids) so basically you can train any big muscle group every third day? What do you recommend?
    2. So second question is about caloric surplus/deficit. So there are 2 factors here: Insulin and glycogen level in livers. So if I understood correctly, you get fat if you glycogen level in liver is full. Do your glycogen levels have to be full in order to build muscle as well or do you only need high level of insulin(so calories etc enter your muscle and something)? And about fat loss, I'm pretty sure your glycogen levels in liver have to be low. Can you put math into fat loss? Aka lets say my glycogen levels are low. 1kg of adipose tissue is around 9k calories. So if I run till I burn 9k calories, will I lose 1kg of fat? If anyone has any informative website/blog about that, I would be happy to read it.
    Thank you in advance.
    You're putting too much thought into this and tbh I can't answer your second question.

For the first one 1x a week frequency isn't enough 2-3x is probably the best you should find a beginner routine you like and follow it.

As for gaining muscle just find your caloric maintainence, track your macros and count calories (there is a stickied post over in the nutrition section if you don't know how to do that) and eat in a 250-500 caloric surplus to bulk. I think you should always be bulking unless you are fairly overweight.

FRANKCANNON is not very helpful. (-500) FRANKCANNON is not very helpful. (-500) FRANKCANNON is not very helpful. (-500) FRANKCANNON is not very helpful. (-500) FRANKCANNON is not very helpful. (-500) FRANKCANNON is not very helpful. (-500) FRANKCANNON is not very helpful. (-500) FRANKCANNON is not very helpful. (-500) FRANKCANNON is not very helpful. (-500) FRANKCANNON is not very helpful. (-500) FRANKCANNON is not very helpful. (-500)
    erqag

Originally Posted by FRANKCANNON View Post
    erqag
    Very thought provoking.

ThatRJGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThatRJGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThatRJGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThatRJGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just mainly need help with nutrition. How much protein, carbs, sugar and all that should I have. What foods should I eat?

JaroslavPro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JaroslavPro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JaroslavPro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JaroslavPro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JaroslavPro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JaroslavPro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JaroslavPro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JaroslavPro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JaroslavPro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JaroslavPro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JaroslavPro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi so this might be really stupid , but is there any way chance I will grow taller ? Cant get xrays atm. I am 16.7 years old, I know people keep saying you grow till 19 or 21, but I am really hairy, I mean really, with pretty big penis, and quite big muscles. This means I might have high testosterone, and people with high test grow faster right ? So what are the chances I am fully grown. My parents arent really tall either, mom is 5 foot 5, dad is 5 foot 8-9, I just wanna reach 5 foot 9 so bad. Is there a chance, feel free to ask for more. I also had pretty bad nutrition when I was like 13-15, improved now, but I think its too late for everything....
    However I will be thankfull for every repply

Originally Posted by ThatRJGuy View Post
    I just mainly need help with nutrition. How much protein, carbs, sugar and all that should I have. What foods should I eat?
    The nutrition section would be of help.

For your current question though learn how to count calories and track macros. This will should you what you need to eat, they have a stickied post over in the nutrition section to help with that.

Originally Posted by JaroslavPro View Post
    Hi so this might be really stupid , but is there any way chance I will grow taller ? Cant get xrays atm. I am 16.7 years old, I know people keep saying you grow till 19 or 21, but I am really hairy, I mean really, with pretty big penis, and quite big muscles. This means I might have high testosterone, and people with high test grow faster right ? So what are the chances I am fully grown. My parents arent really tall either, mom is 5 foot 5, dad is 5 foot 8-9, I just wanna reach 5 foot 9 so bad. Is there a chance, feel free to ask for more. I also had pretty bad nutrition when I was like 13-15, improved now, but I think its too late for everything....
    However I will be thankfull for every repply
    No idea that has to do with genetics, no one can answer that question you will have to wait and see.

brian2548 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brian2548 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brian2548 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brian2548 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brian2548 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brian2548 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brian2548 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brian2548 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brian2548 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brian2548 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brian2548 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Quick question on proper hydration ik that about drinking a gallon a day but still have concerns about it, am i suppose to drink a gallon before i get to the gym or is it thoughtout the whole day and lets say for example i do cardio after work out and sweat excessively do i drink extra water apart from the gallon to meet for the requirement of hydration

Originally Posted by brian2548 View Post
    Quick question on proper hydration ik that about drinking a gallon a day but still have concerns about it, am i suppose to drink a gallon before i get to the gym or is it thoughtout the whole day and lets say for example i do cardio after work out and sweat excessively do i drink extra water apart from the gallon to meet for the requirement of hydration
    Just drink enough water so you aren't thirsty. Don't over drink water til you feel bad, just find the right amount. And it's throughout the whole day not just before the gym.

Yes I do seem to brace my core when I do the lifts. It is definitely is pain. I laid off the weights for a couple of days, and it was better still had minor pain in my hips. I did squats find stretched inbetween sets, Bent over row was a struggle, is it meant to put pressure on your lower back? It seems to always do that to me. Anyways I did those sets everything was fine. Was on my last set of barbell curls, went to pick the barbell up and then had a sudden pain in my lower back was really painful, couldn't walk proper for 5 mins. I'm thinking of taking a week off, do you think I should? Going to the doctors too

Closed Thread
Page 191 of 209 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 ... LastLast