MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy Losing weight but look the same?!

I've been cutting for 2 and a half months and I've lost 22 LBS. According to the calculator I should be at 15% Bodyfat right now. Based off other pictures, I started at 25% and now I look around 18-20%. I don't feel like I'm dropping, even though I am on the scale. I see changes in like the first 5 lbs but after that not so much.

I've been looking the same for the past month. How far do you think 15% is?
    Attached Images

gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Stop fixating on a number; you need to lose at least 15-20 lb more and then reevaluate.

EDIT: Are you eating and lifting properly?
    Last edited by gomil; 12-31-2015 at 07:53 PM.
    Calories In, Calories Out.

codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How tall are you? You still have 15-20 lbs of fat to lose. Are you lifting heavy?
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

Arizona Cardinals | Toronto Blue Jays | Winnipeg Jets

MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarleyMarley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by gomil View Post
    Stop fixating on a number; you need to lose at least 15-20 lb more and then reevaluate.

EDIT: Are you eating and lifting properly?
    Yea I hit my Macro's and I'm on a 600-700 cal defecit. By the way 15-20 lbs sounds time consuming, I want to bulk as soon as possible , I was looking at 5-10 lbs. I just want to get to a 15% and then bulk and worry about dropping to the 12% range later. Plus could you estimate my BF%? It's so hard to analyze, the differences between 15 and 20 aren't that much.
    Last edited by MarleyMarley; 12-31-2015 at 08:56 PM.

Originally Posted by codsterlaing95 View Post
    How tall are you? You still have 15-20 lbs of fat to lose. Are you lifting heavy?
    I lift in the 5 rep range. And I'm not aiming to get super lean just yet. I was looking at losing another 5-10 lbs, I just wanna be around 16 for now. I really, really, really want to bulk as soon as possible. And I'm 6 foot. Man this skinny fat look sucks.

peter52x52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter52x52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter52x52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter52x52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter52x52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter52x52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter52x52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter52x52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter52x52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter52x52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) peter52x52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you look like your making steady progress brah, you may of hit a wall if you're not losing any more weight, try carb cycling
    Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.

Originally Posted by peter52x52 View Post
    you look like your making steady progress brah, you may of hit a wall if you're not losing any more weight, try carb cycling
    Thanks bro, always good to have positive people on this site. But I am losing weight, I've been losing at 2 pounds every week. But it's just hard to notice anything significant in the mirror, it feels as if I'm not . I just wanna hit the 15% mark as soon as possible so I can bulk. And yea I might as well try carb cycling.

Also could you estimate my BF %? I have a hard time analyzing

codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) codsterlaing95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What's your weight? Your choice. If it were me, I'd cut right down to 12% and then bulk to no higher than 15%. You'll have a lot more cutting to do in the future if you don't do it now. Why are you cutting so quickly at a 1000 cal deficit? Slow it down...
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

Originally Posted by codsterlaing95 View Post
    What's your weight? Your choice. If it were me, I'd cut right down to 12% and then bulk to no higher than 15%. You'll have a lot more cutting to do in the future if you don't do it now. Why are you cutting so quickly at a 1000 cal deficit? Slow it down...
    I cut at around 600 and burn 400 (supposedly). How many more lbs would you recommenced to lose to drop to 15 % ?

Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    weight change isnt the same as bf% change. Muscle ways more than fat so as you add muscle your bf% is dropping but you arent losing weight. Also bf% loss is not straight forward its a lot easier to go from 30% to 20% then to go from 20% to 10%. To say at X weight bf% will be Y is not a very accurate way of calculating
    Blues Hockey is life! I live for pain and disappointment.
    Freemason crew

instagram.com/sph724

gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomil is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MarleyMarley View Post
    How many more lbs would you recommenced to lose to drop to 15 % ?
    Just cut until you feel more satisfied looking in the mirror and start bulking after that.
    Calories In, Calories Out.

Just cut until you feel more satisfied looking in the mirror and start bulking after that.
    This.

ablankenship83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ablankenship83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ablankenship83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ablankenship83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ablankenship83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ablankenship83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ablankenship83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ablankenship83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ablankenship83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ablankenship83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ablankenship83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You are getting smaller, it looks like both fat and muscle loss to me. I would also guesstimate you to be slightly under 20% bf so I don't think you're far off from your own guess. The reason you probably feel you look the same is the amount of muscle loss looks pretty proportional to the the fat loss. If you are cutting too aggressively I can see how this is happening, other than suspecting that you are not Lifting heavy/enough or getting enough protein for muscle sparing. Remember that cutting done right takes some time, you may be too aggressively cutting so skinnyfatness is happening.
    Mommy, college student, wife, and gym rat

2013-
    145 lbs/39% bf

6/2016 -
    112-115 lbs/18% bf

Goal-
    Sub 110/ 16 %bf

Originally Posted by ablankenship83 View Post
    You are getting smaller, it looks like both fat and muscle loss to me. I would also guesstimate you to be slightly under 20% bf so I don't think you're far off from your own guess. The reason you probably feel you look the same is the amount of muscle loss looks pretty proportional to the the fat loss. If you are cutting too aggressively I can see how this is happening, other than suspecting that you are not Lifting heavy/enough or getting enough protein for muscle sparing. Remember that cutting done right takes some time, you may be too aggressively cutting so skinnyfatness is happening.
    Hmm I'm not sure if it's aggressive. Maybe it is I'm no expert. I usually lift heavy but I've been lifting very light (high reps) for like the past Month because I'm trying to improve my form. And I manage to stay within the guide lines and I only lose 2 lbs per week, on a 600 calorie deficit. Sometimes I have problems with my macro's. I guess I have to bump up my lifts.

Yea. Can't wait to bulk. I'm so sick of cutting, seriously.

shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100)
    Patience bro, drop another 15 pounds and then clean bulk.
    Need lean mass.
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

Originally Posted by shrededdream View Post
    Patience bro, drop another 15 pounds and then clean bulk.
    Need lean mass.
    Yea patience is key -.- Never expected cutting to take this long. Would 15 lbs put me below 15%? As for bulking I'm super excited, I can't wait to bulk! Cutting is so boring.

PatriciaRose01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Loosing a weight doesn't mean that you will also going to loose inches, For inches loss and muscle building extensive exercise is needed. Eat lots of proteins and hit the gym you will definitely will see the results. I hit the gym whole week and eat good healthy diet and only once a week I eat outside(yellowpages.com/weston-fl/mip/moon-thai-japanese-inc-4618031) and that to be light food mainly Thai.

shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100) shrededdream is not very well liked. (-100)
    I am sure another 15 will get you to 15% but I will suggest you hit around 12-13% so that your lean mass phase can last longer. Incorporate HIIT and life heavy, Are you following a proper lifting routine? Look over Push Pull Legs routine, you can make good strength gains.
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

Originally Posted by shrededdream View Post
    I am sure another 15 will get you to 15% but I will suggest you hit around 12-13% so that your lean mass phase can last longer. Incorporate HIIT and life heavy, Are you following a proper lifting routine? Look over Push Pull Legs routine, you can make good strength gains.
    SL 5X5 bro and yea I'll just drop another 15 lbs. And I do HIIT on my 2 off days. I'll get to 12 and below later, I read somewhere that you can waste your noob gains on a cut.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    SL 5X5 bro and yea I'll just drop another 15 lbs. And I do HIIT on my 2 off days. I'll get to 12 and below later, I read somewhere that you can waste your noob gains on a cut.
    Nope, you do not lose your noob gains on a cut. Noob gains for the most part is the response to stimuli by lifting a big part is simply increased glycogen storage,intra-vascular water retention,inflammation bla bla bla and massive strength gains from CNS adaptions, all of which still happens during a deficit. If there is some noob hypertrophy gains they will happen to a small degree during a deficit or happen once you get in a surplus, there is no time limit on it.

I'd recommend dropping down to 10-12% and then get on a bulk, the first bulk is always going to be a challenge when it comes to narrowing in calories and fat gain. Unless you are lean enough you won't be able to tell if there is an excessive fat gain and know when to cut back on intake.

At 15-20% bf it's hard to tell a difference in body fat as you mostly just get bigger or smaller(which also answers you initial thread question), while being 10% gives you plenty of definition and striations to helps assess fat gain.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Nope, you do not lose your noob gains on a cut. Noob gains for the most part is the response to stimuli by lifting a big part is simply increased glycogen storage,intra-vascular water retention,inflammation bla bla bla and massive strength gains from CNS adaptions, all of which still happens during a deficit. If there is some noob hypertrophy gains they will happen to a small degree during a deficit or happen once you get in a surplus, there is no time limit on it.

I'd recommend dropping down to 10-12% and then get on a bulk, the first bulk is always going to be a challenge when it comes to narrowing in calories and fat gain. Unless you are lean enough you won't be able to tell if there is an excessive fat gain and know when to cut back on intake.

At 15-20% bf it's hard to tell a difference in body fat as you mostly just get bigger or smaller(which also answers you initial thread question), while being 10% gives you plenty of definition and striations to helps assess fat gain.
    Yea I might as well. I know there is no proper answer, and many factors are involved, but how many LBS or Weeks from now would you personally think I would need to cut, to reach 12%? Would I have to cut for another 3 or 4 months?

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You were way higher than 25% when you started. You did make good progress.
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yea I might as well. I know there is no proper answer, and many factors are involved, but how many LBS or Weeks from now would you personally think I would need to cut, to reach 12%? Would I have to cut for another 3 or 4 months?
    As you said there is no proper answer as there are so many factors.

But if you can keep up a loss rate of 2lbs/week then 6-8 weeks should get you there imo, longer if you cannot keep up with 2lbs/week.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    As you said there is no proper answer as there are so many factors.

But if you can keep up a loss rate of 2lbs/week then 6-8 weeks should get you there imo, longer if you cannot keep up with 2lbs/week.
    Thanks man appreciate your info. I'm happy to have a timeframe, instead of aimlessly cutting with no frame at all. So excited to bulk hahaha.