Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by basement iron View Post
    The student whom went on hunger strike has been at the school for 8 years...lol wat. His family is worth 20 million. A lot of people never believed the poop swastika story, always thought it was a hoax.

The details of this story are so fuc8ing bizarre.
    yeah I have to admit, since I havent seen a picture of the swastika in question, my spidey sense is also tingling. Seems like something you'd want to have.
    Order Will Be Restored

Registered User DicedPineapples's Avatar
    DicedPineapples is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DicedPineapples is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DicedPineapples is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DicedPineapples is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DicedPineapples is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DicedPineapples is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DicedPineapples is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DicedPineapples is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DicedPineapples is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DicedPineapples is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DicedPineapples is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Forty0zFreedom View Post
    Except what's in bold isn't the 'unfortunate side effect' of this, it's the entire point of this.
    This. There's an interesting article in the Washington Post today about this kind of activism and free speech on campus. The article focuses on the Yale incident but is relevant to the Missouri situation as well.

The next evening I participated in a panel for a conference about freedom of speech organized by Yale’s William F. Buckley, Jr. Program.

The program had just come out with an extensive poll that revealed deeply troubling student attitudes about free speech. Most notably, over half of students polled favor speech codes that restrict free speech on campus.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory
    Liverpool FC – YNWA
    New York City FC

BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mumra View Post
    as a white male I can tell you that I don't get any free stuff or passes to anything.
    I've noticed this attitude a lot, a lot of white westerners seem oblivious to their privilege.

Before I state the following, I am not saying that you having white privilege mean that I believe you should have white guilt.

Here are few areas where you are privileged...

You are part of the majority ethnicity within your country, which means...

1) The majority of people date within their ethnicity. Being part of the majority ethnicity, you have a greater opportunity of finding a sexual and romantic partner.

2) You are less likely to be stereotyped. When people look at minority ethnic demographics, they tend to over-generalize in comparison to the majority ethnicity. People see diversity of cultures amongst majority ethnic demographics, whereas minority cultures tend to be perceived as being a monolith.

3) You don't experience an awareness that you are 'white' in your day to day life, due to being the majority ethnicity. It is only when you are in a social environment where you are the ethnic minority that you experience an awareness of being 'different', which is something that ethnic minorities experience daily.

(I need to get on with some work.)

I do however believe in intersectionality. Meaning socio-economic status/class, gender, location, etc, can all play a role in determining privilege. So a white dude who grows up and lives in a low income, high crime community where he was the ethnic minority hasn't experienced privilege.
    If You Don't Like To Talk About Your Feelings, This Might Help...
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178926621

The Most Heartbreaking Thing That I've Learned About 'The Elite'.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178536851

Bitcoin And 'The Elite' - Why Bitcoin Is Not Revolutionary
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179820783

Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BetaAsPhuck View Post
    I've noticed this attitude a lot, a lot of white westerners seem oblivious to their privilege.

Before I state the following, I am not saying that you having white privilege mean that I believe you should have white guilt.

1) The majority of people date within their ethnicity. Being part of the majority ethnicity, you have a greater opportunity of finding a sexual and romantic partner.

2) You are less likely to be stereotyped. When people look at minority ethnic demographics, they tend to over-generalize in comparison to the majority ethnicity. People see diversity of cultures amongst majority ethnic demographics, whereas minority cultures tend to be perceived as being a monolith.

3) You don't experience an awareness that you are 'white' in your day to day life, due to being the majority ethnicity. It is only when you are in a social environment where you are the ethnic minority that you experience an awareness of being 'different', which is something that ethnic minorities experience daily.

I do however believe in intersectionality. Meaning socio-economic status/class, gender, location, etc, can all play a role in determining privilege. So a white dude who grows up and lives in a low income, high crime community where he was the ethnic minority hasn't experienced privilege.

Feeling like a minority is normal when you live in a country that is primarily white. It's not like these countries have slowly been killing anyone who isn't white (anymore... let's be real). Your third point is just stupid, of course I would feel "out of place" in Mogadishu, Djibouti or Tokyo, I'm not the majority. It's logical.

The problem is when you experience a form of discrimination because you are a minority, the problem is not that you are a minority.

Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wtf is this even about?

Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DjShaun View Post
    in.

This is why people need to get shredded, no one would have stood in his way if he was 10% 190lbs. Infact they would lay themselves on the ground so so the alpha male can have a clear path to his destination.
    Lol THis...if I was jacked, id support him....pretty sure just watching this vid rustled my jim jams so much i dont have to take a pre workout anymore

Thick. Solid. Tight. Agentdark45's Avatar
    Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Agentdark45 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by repos View Post
    It's not ambiguous. You start a dialogue, you connect with your constituents, and you research ways to fix the problem--- that's what leadership is. Your way of thinking is police state--- set up cameras --- extol punishment. That's not the only way. Go into the past... it's not like this situation is unique to the University of Missouri for the year 2015. It's not like this situation hasn't happened in a different context @some different time in history. After research it follows that there are a multitude of ways to handle generally any problem.

edit: To you avoid repair of a system is to attack effect rather than causes; and as long as the attack is upon effects only, no change is possible.
    U fukking wot m8? Typical "we need to start a conversation" cop-out SJW answer /10

How is "starting a dialogue" going to stop individual bigots/racists/trolls from doing what they do? Do you think these people are blissfully unaware of the ramifications of their actions? No, these people are hardline, understand the risks, know that society condemns their actions and they won't have their views changed simply by people "starting a dialogue" about racism and student problems.

List some TANGIBLE THINGS that should be done that will DIRECTLY stop INDIVIDUAL STUDENTS from committing racist acts in the future. Yep, didn't think so.

Brb need to "start a dialogue" about rape, that will surely make rape obsolete in society.

FFS.

Cliffs: people will still do bad chit even in the most perfect SJW utopia.
    ☆☆☆Jaden Smith school of experimental philosophy and existentialism crew☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆UK crew☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆Poverty meal crew☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆CEO crew☆☆☆

Stats: 5'10"
    Weight: 185lbs

Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000) Stynieke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    my name is 1950

LMFAO WAT
    Surviving negtrain victim - 2014 ~Never Forget
    Heats up the room to atleast 25 degrees everywhere he goes crew

2.5/10 flaccid to 9/10 erect penis crew

☆★★☆ Gita Hadizadeh - PERSONAL 10/10. One day she'll be mine, don't care what age etc etc ☆★★☆

BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullStampede has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I want to start off by thanking you for posting this and keeping the conversation going. Most of the time someone will just throw a tantrum and a label and it devolves into BS.

1)Fair enough. I feel as though this would apply anywhere though. If a white person were to move to Beijing, they wouldnt have white privilege, then? Would the natives have Asian or Chinese privilege? Just seems like that is a fact of life, not really a skin color thing.

2)I agree with this and do my best to never block people together. I think this happens a lot within the black community though too. Not every black person sees things the same way or has the same thoughts and experiences. I think they should all be equally represented, the issue I see is that a lot of the times, people think that having a black person on a board or as part of a meeting is having "the black voice" there, which is both incorrect and pretty condescending imo. As if all black thoughts and experiences can be summed up by this one person. I see this a lot with women too when they complain that only 18% of Congress or something like that is women, so women arent being represented. No, they are just being represented by men. Not every woman agrees with Hillary Clinton or shares her views, as many black people dont share the views of Obama or Carson. This cuts both ways.

3) I see where you are coming from, but 'different' is not always synonymous with 'bad.' Being different can be a breath of fresh air. I am sure you notice when you walk into a room of white people, but if they arent badgering you or harassing you or making you feel out of place or unwelcome, what is the problem? Walking to a room full of strangers is intimidating no matter what color you are. Again, not trying to belittle or dismiss this assertion, I just dont see the privilege. I ride the MARTA to work, with mostly black riders, I dont feel as though they have privilege. Maybe we just arent on the same wavelength here.

lol dont lie we are all "working" putting the spreadsheet up when someone walks by.

Your last point I agree with, which is why I wrote what I did above. If white privilege doesnt apply to EVERY white person, then it cant really be called white privilege can it? It would be something like suburban privilege, which I definitely think is a thing. Black people are not excluded from suburbs though, so it cant be a racial privilege. I absolutely believe in socio economic privilege. To me, the only privilege that exists is green privilege. Money trumps everything. Thats just me though.
    Order Will Be Restored

Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I'll take a cliffs version of a response here.

1. you don't need to spend 5 minutes in the misc to know that matching ethnicities doesn't make dating easy. also slots gonna sloot.
    2. this is completely wrong. in fact it's perfectly acceptable in society to stereotype and/or mock people for being white. anything else is likely to get you fired or at least sent to sensitivity training.
    3. I'm constantly reminded about it and all this magical free crap that I'm supposedly enjoying.

Originally Posted by repos View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-attend-class/

brb smearing nazi sign in feces

brb circling black students in a pickup and yell racist sh*t

brb quoting oregon shooter in yikyak

brb called n**gr all over campus

but yes... liberal self hate in the most accepting state Missouri(Racial disparity of Missouri police stops hits high in 2014). Let's just keep pretending all the problems in this country don't exist
    in a day and age where everything that happens to anyone seems to be caught on someone's iphone where is the evidence of such things like swastikas made of poop and racial epitaphs? you mean to tell me that someone had a swastika made of poop written on their car and no one took a pic? I smell bull**** and it's not in the form of a Nazi symbol.
    MuscleTech Supporter

APC/GPA, SPF 220
    http://americanpowerliftingcommittee-usa.com/
    Raw 216lbs bw
    Meet#/Gym#
    Squat 660bs/700lbs
    Bench 405lbs/415lbs
    DL 650/same

Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Griggz View Post
    At the end of the video "we need some muscle over here"

She is a professor and will hopefully lose her job. Her name is Melissa Click and she is getting a lot of attention.
    Stupid bish.
    Belief without evidence is a fools game.

Listen Crew - Anything on your mind, want someone to talk to? Hit that PM button brah
    5 * Thread Maker
    Lone Star State Crew
    Diesel Life Crew
    Lol @ Trumplets Crew
    Lol @ CEO of Exxon for SoS, GoldmanSachs for Treasury, and Creationist for Education Crew
    Lol @ Drain the Swamp Crew
    Reps for life: stfaulk89

caublet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) caublet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) caublet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) caublet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) caublet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) caublet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) caublet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) caublet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) caublet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) caublet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) caublet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

NEGGED

This is the pussy mentality that is ruining this country. I shouldn't have to feel bad about my skin color just because you think I should. If you have such a problem being an ethnic minority in one of the best countries in the world, where you have more freedom than almost any other people in this world, then GTFO. Why don't you go see what it's like to be in the ethnic majority in Mid-Africa? or the Middle East?

If I moved to Japan, I wouldn't start complaining about how they aren't teaching American History in schools or that people look at me funny since I look different than the overwhelming majority of people there.

Grow up, quit acting like you're in kindergarten. Nobody owes you anything
    I'm super serial

BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BetaAsPhuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BullStampede View Post
    I want to start off by thanking you for posting this and keeping the conversation going. Most of the time someone will just throw a tantrum and a label and it devolves into BS.
    Same. You haven't dismissed me as a 'liberal cuck'.

1)Fair enough. I feel as though this would apply anywhere though. If a white person were to move to Beijing, they wouldnt have white privilege, then? Would the natives have Asian or Chinese privilege? Just seems like that is a fact of life, not really a skin color thing.
    Yeah, that's why I tried to emphasize that it was about being a part of the majority ethnicity.

2)I agree with this and do my best to never block people together. I think this happens a lot within the black community though too. Not every black person sees things the same way or has the same thoughts and experiences. I think they should all be equally represented, the issue I see is that a lot of the times, people think that having a black person on a board or as part of a meeting is having "the black voice" there, which is both incorrect and pretty condescending imo. As if all black thoughts and experiences can be summed up by this one person. I see this a lot with women too when they complain that only 18% of Congress or something like that is women, so women arent being represented. No, they are just being represented by men. Not every woman agrees with Hillary Clinton or shares her views, as many black people dont share the views of Obama or Carson. This cuts both ways.
    I really like the point you elaborate on. I'm going to use it in future debates in the future, thanks.

3) I see where you are coming from, but 'different' is not always synonymous with 'bad.' Being different can be a breath of fresh air. I am sure you notice when you walk into a room of white people, but if they arent badgering you or harassing you or making you feel out of place or unwelcome, what is the problem?
    I see what you are saying, and it can sound trivial.

1) The problem/privilege IMO is often in conjunction with the 2nd point that I made. (I'm not saying this is a chronic debilitating insecurity, but IMO it is a shared experience that I have heard many minorities express.)

IME people tend to communicate with you (verbally and non-verbally) in a way that let's you know that you are 'different' on the basis of race - constantly bringing it up", "constantly asking you questions based on the fact that you are a different race, etc. And sometimes immediately view you (especially as a black male) with a negative initial impression, and display hostile or submissive body language.

(It has happened to me so often that it pisses me off. White brahs puffing their chest out when the meet me for the first time, despite me displaying nothing but friendly body language.)

A personal example;

I dated a middle class white girl. When I met her friends I got a distinct impression that they were unnecessarily intimidated by me. Later on she told me her friends (all middle and upper class) thought that I was a violent drug dealer, and that my teetotal lifestyle and security guard job was a front (I am deadly serious). That let me know that the barriers to connection that I perceived when I met them wasn't my imagination, or due to nerves.

2) I think part of the privilege is safety in numbers, if racist chit goes down you aren't sure if white people will have your back. That's why IME some brahs of the same ethnic minorities of the same race who don't know each other tend to give each other a small 'nod of recognition' when at gathering, like an unwritten mark of solidarity.

3) IMO there is the insecurity/shame/paranoia that being an ethnic minority can trigger. ie. the worrying that people viewed you as a negative stereotype, worrying that people won't like soley due to your race, worrying that you are being viewed as a representative of your entire race/ethnic demographic, worrying that your race is a barrier in dating and relationships, etc.

An example: A lot of white guys who go to South east asia are worried that due to being a white foreigner that they can never find genuine love with a south east asian woman, even though they would like to. The fear that they will only ever be seen as a wallet. Regardless if you think it's a rational fear or not, it's an example of how a white person experiences insecurity/paranoia based on race, due to being a minority.

I read a book a while ago called Angry white Pyjamas, where a white guy who went to Japan during the 90's talked about the subtle aversion that they experienced as foreigners in crowds. (eg. People pretending to get up to get off the train, but actually just standing up by the door rather than sit next to them.)

If white privilege doesnt apply to EVERY white person, then it cant really be called white privilege can it? It would be something like suburban privilege, which I definitely think is a thing.
    It's privilege based on being white, but because advantages and disadvantages interact to form a nuanced picture doesn't invalidate that the concept of a race specific privilege.

In my example: If that white guy had grown up and lived in a low income, high crime area but it was majority white, they would experience the same privileges based on race that I talked about. Within that social environment, and generally.

Originally Posted by caublet View Post
    I shouldn't have to feel bad about my skin color just because you think I should.
    You actually did neg me, I thought you were kidding.

Re-read the second sentence. Add an 's' on the end of mean.

If you still think that's what I what I meant, then I won't bother explaining why you are wrong. Because I don't think you will comprehend my response.

lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JrM703 View Post
    While none of those groups are inherently evil, except for maybe Women
    lol

lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lilbdabasedgod is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Pretty sure that lady got terminated bruhs

1. you don't need to spend 5 minutes in the misc to know that matching ethnicities doesn't make dating easy. also slots gonna sloot.
    I'd strongly advise you to not base your views on dating and relationship on the misc. You've been warned.

It's easier, I didn't mean to imply that it is easy.

More opportunities = an easier time finding a partner.

Miscers talk about women having far more opportunties than men in regards to dating, and say that they have an advantage. But when I am bringing up that being white also means more opportunities, you seem to be trying to dispute that more opportunities equals an advantage.

As a white dude, you are the most sort after online. According to 2 sets of data...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjSh_esW9W4

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/ra...ion-2009-2014/

2. this is completely wrong. in fact it's perfectly acceptable in society to stereotype and/or mock people for being white. anything else is likely to get you fired or at least sent to sensitivity training.
    That is one context. Making racial slurs at a job.

There are far more contexts in life. And IME white people (native citizens) in the west do not get stereotyped, as much as non-english speaking immigrants and non-whites. By far.

Noone expects whites to have (for example) uniform: temperament, speech patterns, taste in music, intellect, etc.

I'm in the UK, and white polish people get stereotyped by english people a lot. They would understand exactly what I am talking about, regarding minorities facing stereotypes.

3. I'm constantly reminded about it and all this magical free crap that I'm supposedly enjoying.
    Have you visited many places where you were the minority?

If so did you feel mildly uncomfortable, unsafe, etc, on the basis of being aware that you were a different race to the majority?

JakeB27
    Originally Posted by KillahJon View Post
    What has some to this earth....

They are fukin annoying and obnoxious and they are straight LIARS.
    "I didn't touch you"
    "I didn't push you"
    "I didn't yell at you"

LOL @ those women and LOL @ the dudes who supported them probably just trying to get a piece of action after this.

Alpha as fuk for not giving in.
    This. Dude was straight alpha. Cringed hard at the video and only made it halfway through. But ffs how do some of these people live like that

Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mumra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd strongly advise you to not base your views on dating and relationship on the misc. You've been warned.

It's easier, I didn't mean to imply that it is easy.

More opportunities = an easier time finding a partner.

Miscers talk about women having far more opportunties than men in regards to dating, and say that they have an advantage. But when I am bringing up that being white also means more opportunities, you seem to be trying to dispute that more opportunities equals an advantage.

As a white dude, you are the most sort after online. According to 2 sets of data...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjSh_esW9W4

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/ra...ion-2009-2014/

That is one context. Making racial slurs at a job.

There are far more contexts in life. And IME white people (native citizens) in the west do not get stereotyped, as much as non-english speaking immigrants and non-whites. By far.

Noone expects whites to have (for example) uniform: temperament, speech patterns, taste in music, intellect, etc.

I'm in the UK, and white polish people get stereotyped by english people a lot. They would understand exactly what I am talking about, regarding minorities facing stereotypes.

Have you visited many places where you were the minority?

If so did you feel mildly uncomfortable, unsafe, etc, on the basis of being aware that you were a different race to the majority?
    dude, no need to take everything so seriously.

maybe it's different where you live but I see interracial couples all the time. hell I didn't sleep with a white girl until I was about 27. most folks just don't care.
    MuscleTech Supporter

APC/GPA, SPF 220
    http://americanpowerliftingcommittee-usa.com/
    Raw 216lbs bw
    Meet#/Gym#
    Squat 660bs/700lbs
    Bench 405lbs/415lbs
    DL 650/same

nedrudrelyt01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nedrudrelyt01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nedrudrelyt01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nedrudrelyt01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nedrudrelyt01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nedrudrelyt01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nedrudrelyt01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nedrudrelyt01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nedrudrelyt01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nedrudrelyt01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nedrudrelyt01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Griggz View Post
    At the end of the video "we need some muscle over here"

She is a professor and will hopefully lose her job. Her name is Melissa Click and she is getting a lot of attention.
    The contradiction of this entire movement is hilarious.

I hope that bish gets fired for doing that.

Nevermind she did Resign.

This is the type of thing that happens when your emotions get the best of you. This lady probably would never have acted out like that but the mob mentality of this "movement" is what cost her her job.

Melissa Click's statement

Statement by Melissa Click, assistant professor in the Department of Communication, regarding Carnahan Quad protests:

“Yesterday was an historic day at MU — full of emotion and confusion. I have reviewed and reflected upon the video of me that is circulating, and have written this statement to offer both apology and context for my actions. I have reached out to the journalists involved to offer my sincere apologies and to express regret over my actions. I regret the language and strategies I used, and sincerely apologize to the MU campus community, and journalists at large, for my behavior, and also for the way my actions have shifted attention away from the students’ campaign for justice.

"From this experience I have learned about humanity and humility. When I apologized to one of the reporters in a phone call this afternoon, he accepted my apology. I believe he is doing a difficult job, and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to speak with him. His dignity also speaks well to the Journalism program at MU. Again, I wish to express my sincere apology for my actions on Carnahan Quad yesterday.”

Same. You haven't dismissed me as a 'liberal cuck'.
    The night is young lol

Yeah, that's why I tried to emphasize that it was about being a part of the majority ethnicity.
    OK so just population size is what matters? If whites were to become a minority to Hispanics (which is likely within a few decades), do they lose the privilege? Do Hispanics then have privilege?

I really like the point you elaborate on. I'm going to use it in future debates in the future, thanks.
    Glad you liked it. Youre welcome.

I see what you are saying, and it can sound trivial.

1) The problem/privilege IMO is often in conjunction with the 2nd point that I made. (I'm not saying this is a chronic debilitating insecurity, but IMO it is a shared experience that I have heard many minorities express.)

IME people tend to communicate with you (verbally and non-verbally) in a way that let's you know that you are 'different' on the basis of race - constantly bringing it up", "constantly asking you questions based on the fact that you are a different race, etc. And sometimes immediately view you (especially as a black male) with a negative initial impression, and display hostile or submissive body language.
    I got you. imo, I think that speaks precisely to the tolerance of today's world. If they didnt, would you feel as though they werent taking your opinion into consideration? I know minorities dont want to be reminded of it all the time, but then I hear them say the opposite at other times. I am sure to white people, it can get confusing, since it is to me.

(It has happened to me so often that it pisses me off. White brahs puffing their chest out when the meet me for the first time, despite me displaying nothing but friendly body language.)
    I know this is going to sound crazy, but when this happens to me, I take it as a compliment. srs. As men, we are always competing with each other. When I see a guy straighten up, get more serious, put his arm around his girl, go out of his way to give a very firm handshake, I take it that he has noticed me as someone to take note of. He has to be on his A-game now because I am here and could rip the carpet out from under him. Again, I know this might sound crazy but its true. Nobody gives a fuk when the skinny, frail looking beta walks into the room. If I may, I recommend reading a book called "The Way of Men" by jack Donovan. Great read into the male psyche. Only like 200 pages too.

A personal example;

I dated a middle class white girl. When I met her friends I got a distinct impression that they were unnecessarily intimidated by me. Later on she told me her friends (all middle and upper class) thought that I was a violent drug dealer, and that my teetotal lifestyle and security guard job was a front (I am deadly serious). That let me know that the barriers to connection that I perceived when I met them wasn't my imagination, or due to nerves.
    Thats fukked up. No other way about it.

2) I think part of the privilege is safety in numbers, if racist chit goes down you aren't sure if white people will have your back. That's why IME some brahs of the same ethnic minorities of the same race who don't know each other tend to give each other a small 'nod of recognition' when at gathering, like an unwritten mark of solidarity.
    Interesting. Cant say I have ever felt that with other Hispanics. With other men, certainly, in a room full of women. The look in their eye. You just KNOW lol.

3) IMO there is the insecurity/shame/paranoia that being an ethnic minority can trigger. ie. the worrying that people viewed you as a negative stereotype, worrying that people won't like soley due to your race, worrying that you are being viewed as a representative of your entire race/ethnic demographic, worrying that your race is a barrier in dating and relationships, etc.
    I agree with this, which is why I make sure to not live up to any stereotypes of Hispanics, and rage when I see those who do(the negative ones anyway).

An example: A lot of white guys who go to South east asia are worried that due to being a white foreigner that they can never find genuine love with a south east asian woman, even though they would like to. The fear that they will only ever be seen as a wallet. Regardless if you think it's a rational fear or not, it's an example of how a white person experiences insecurity/paranoia based on race, due to being a minority.

I read a book a while ago called Angry white Pyjamas, where a white guy who went to Japan during the 90's talked about the subtle aversion that they experienced as foreigners in crowds. (eg. People pretending to get up to get off the train, but actually just standing up by the door rather than sit next to them.)
    Ill have to read it sometime.

It's privilege based on being white, but because advantages and disadvantages interact to form a nuanced picture doesn't invalidate that the concept of a race specific privilege.

In my example: If that white guy had grown up and lived in a low income, high crime area but it was majority white, they would experience the same privileges based on race that I talked about. Within that social environment, and generally.
    OK, so if it is based on areas and neighborhoods, if a white guy were to move in to an 80% black neighborhood, do they have black privilege? Within that area of course. Just trying to get clarity on the social side of this.
    Order Will Be Restored

Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000)
    cliffs on the situation?

aranadiscoteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aranadiscoteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aranadiscoteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aranadiscoteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aranadiscoteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aranadiscoteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aranadiscoteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aranadiscoteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aranadiscoteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aranadiscoteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aranadiscoteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by basement iron View Post
    The student whom went on hunger strike has been at the school for 8 years...lol wat. His family is worth 20 million. A lot of people never believed the poop swastika story, always thought it was a hoax.

The details of this story are so fuc8ing bizarre.
    This him?

dude, no need to take everything so seriously.
    You responded to me, so I responded to you.

maybe it's different where you live but I see interracial couples all the time. hell I didn't sleep with a white girl until I was about 27. most folks just don't care.
    I've dated only outside my race (one half black woman).

I wasn't implying that 'all hope is lost' for non-whites. A lower desirability =/= no desirability. I was just pointing out that being white is an advantage.

I've dated only outside my race
    strong

I know these feels. I like being black, but I hate how blacks are viewed in general as the bottom of the social todem pole in every society. Even after I've spoken with people, or even formed a friendship, some of those stereotypes still hold.

African Americans are in a strange place in the social spectrum. Unlike Asians or Africans, there is no place on earth they could go to where they would be the majority. feels

NBisMe is just really nice. (+1000) NBisMe is just really nice. (+1000) NBisMe is just really nice. (+1000) NBisMe is just really nice. (+1000) NBisMe is just really nice. (+1000) NBisMe is just really nice. (+1000) NBisMe is just really nice. (+1000) NBisMe is just really nice. (+1000) NBisMe is just really nice. (+1000) NBisMe is just really nice. (+1000) NBisMe is just really nice. (+1000)
    smh
    Last edited by NBisMe; 11-11-2015 at 04:02 PM.
    Bench - 255x1
    Squat - 300x1
    Deadlift - 365x1

Originally Posted by BullStampede View Post
    OK so just population size is what matters? If whites were to become a minority to Hispanics (which is likely within a few decades), do they lose the privilege? Do Hispanics then have privilege?
    Not necessarily...

In South Africa during apartheid blacks where the majority, however society was literally designed to privilege whites.

I got you. imo, I think that speaks precisely to the tolerance of today's world. If they didnt, would you feel as though they werent taking your opinion into consideration? I know minorities dont want to be reminded of it all the time, but then I hear them say the opposite at other times. I am sure to white people, it can get confusing, since it is to me.
    I think that's actually a very good point.

I can see that it would be confusing. For some black people being black is at the core of their identity, and they don't like it being treated with insignificance. For others it's just their skin color, and they don't like it being treated as a significant aspect of their identity or personality.

I'll think about that more.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but when this happens to me, I take it as a compliment. srs. As men, we are always competing with each other. When I see a guy straighten up, get more serious, put his arm around his girl, go out of his way to give a very firm handshake, I take it that he has noticed me as someone to take note of. He has to be on his A-game now because I am here and could rip the carpet out from under him. Again, I know this might sound crazy but its true. Nobody gives a fuk when the skinny, frail looking beta walks into the room. If I may, I recommend reading a book called "The Way of Men" by jack Donovan. Great read into the male psyche. Only like 200 pages too.
    LOL, I like the reframe.

I read the review of the book recommendation, it looked interesting. I will probably check it out.

I agree with this, which is why I make sure to not live up to any stereotypes of Hispanics, and rage when I see those who do(the negative ones anyway).
    LOL, I get ya. It's why I am a fan of Tommy Sotomayor. (Afro-carribean culture, IME is very similar to african american culture, in regards to dysfunction.)

A minor annoyance is when I tell non-blacks that I'm a fan of all kinds of music. Almost every single time (apart from millennials, receive open remarks of disbelief.

OK, so if it is based on areas and neighborhoods, if a white guy were to move in to an 80% black neighborhood, do they have black privilege? Within that area of course. Just trying to get clarity on the social side of this.
    Within that area I would say yes.

Dating, solidarity/a sense of community, etc would be easier for the black people within that area.

Originally Posted by lilbdabasedgod View Post
    strong
    It's not intentional. I tend to date by proximity, and most women in my workplaces or social circles have been white.

I also don't strongly identify with afro-Caribbean culture despite being raised afro-Caribbean (most black people in the UK are from an afro-Caribbean ethnic and cultural background), I find it dysfunctional. (It seems most Caribbean countries are ultra violent chitholes.) So that rules out going to majority afro-carribean nightclubs and gatherings, when I have went to those place in the past I haven't had a good time.

Originally Posted by lilbdabasedgod View Post
    I know these feels. I like being black, but I hate how blacks are viewed in general as the bottom of the social todem pole in every society. Even after I've spoken with people, or even formed a friendship, some of those stereotypes still hold.
    Yeah.

This is going to seem contradictory to what I have previously expressed, but it's not if you can look at it from a nuanced perspective.

Although someone who has studied statistics can make a rational case for why they can't be applied to an individual, people see the stats regarding dysfunction amongst the black demographic and black-majority countries, and generalize.

I also do believe that african-american and afro-carribean cultures (not the ethnicity inherently, the culture which is often conflated) is largely dysfunctional. Musical talent and athleticism seems to be the only things that the culture excels in producing. And those cultures don't produce IME; dual parent households, philosophers, scientists, intellectuals, etc.

DRTTK is on a distinguished road. (+10) DRTTK is on a distinguished road. (+10) DRTTK is on a distinguished road. (+10) DRTTK is on a distinguished road. (+10) DRTTK is on a distinguished road. (+10) DRTTK is on a distinguished road. (+10) DRTTK is on a distinguished road. (+10) DRTTK is on a distinguished road. (+10) DRTTK is on a distinguished road. (+10) DRTTK is on a distinguished road. (+10) DRTTK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Those students have no respect for the media or people in general. I'm glad that kid acted the way he did. What he did took true courage.