ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100)

Is it natural to do less reps with your less dominant arm in weightlifting?

I just started getting into weight training and one one of the things I noticed over the months of training I did is that it is far more difficult to lift using my left arms. In fact I've noticed that when I do say half the amounts of rep I could do with my right arm, I begin to feel my left arm getting tired and I often cannot match my overall amount I can do casually with my right arm.

Say I did 40 reps of curls with my rightie, by the time I do 20 with my leftie I begin to feel it getting heavy and the dumbell being harder to lift.

Often I stopped about at 75% of what I can do with my rightie because my leftie has become so exhausted and I fear dropping free weights on my foot accidentally. So if I can do 80 shoulder curls with my right arm, when I try to replicate it with my leftie I can only do 60 curls before becoming so exhausted.

Before anyone asks, I tried experimenting a few times starting with my left arm and than switching to my right arm so I know the less reps is not out of already taxing my energy before transfering the free weight to my left hand. I'm just quite shock even though I already gotten a bit tired say doing 60 dumbell shoulder press with my left arm but somehow manage to exceel 100 shoulder presses with my right arm!

Is this natural? I'll admit I only gotten into weightlifting 4 months ago and I'm still out of shape (but much stronger than before).

ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100) ArnieKato is not very well liked. (-100)
    Bump

Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It is natural, but that doesn't mean it is good. Do every unilateral exercise with your weak limb first, and then don't do a single extra rep or pound on your strong side. You need your sides to catch up or it could lead to a muscle imbalance down the line, which can look weird and/or cause injury
    -Voted Gary Johnson in 2012 and Doing it Again 2016-

-Philadelphia Eagles fan-

-52 Books a Year Crew-

-Team Mystic-

censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Epilerik View Post
    It is natural, but that doesn't mean it is good. Do every unilateral exercise with your weak limb first, and then don't do a single extra rep or pound on your strong side. You need your sides to catch up or it could lead to a muscle imbalance down the line, which can look weird and/or cause injury
    this
    You can walk outisde and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
    -Henry Rollins

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Epilerik View Post
    ^Yup. .spot on response
    Cable exercises or dumbbells are my favorites for closing the gap for muscle imbalances