HarrisP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Set/Rep ratio per muscle

Which muscle group should I do more/less sets/reps to make them grow ??
    I am 6ft and i weigh 84kg don't know if that helps or not.. I do about 4 exercises per body part expect calves/forearms I start with one set of 8 - 12 reps. Than I do two sets to failure but with calves/Forearms I do two exercises, first exercise is 3 sets of 20 reps than second exercise is 4 sets of 20 - 30
    My current work out week now is
    M: Tricep/Bicep/Abs/Cardio/Forearms
    T: Chest/Cardio/oblique
    W: Cardio/Abs
    T: Quads/Hamstrings/Calves/Light cardio
    F:Back/Cardio
    S: Shoulders/Cardio
    Sun: Rest

my last work out plan was Back/Chest together than arms/shoulders and legs/abs..

censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50) censored will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HarrisP View Post
    Which muscle group should I do more/less sets/reps to make them grow ??
    I am 6ft and i weigh 84kg don't know if that helps or not.. I do about 4 exercises per body part expect calves/forearms I start with one set of 8 - 12 reps. Than I do two sets to failure but with calves/Forearms I do two exercises, first exercise is 3 sets of 20 reps than second exercise is 4 sets of 20 - 30
    My current work out week now is
    M: Tricep/Bicep/Abs/Cardio/Forearms
    T: Chest/Cardio/oblique
    W: Cardio/Abs
    T: Quads/Hamstrings/Calves/Light cardio
    F:Back/Cardio
    S: Shoulders/Cardio
    Sun: Rest

my last work out plan was Back/Chest together than arms/shoulders and legs/abs..
    The answer will be different for everyone. I suggest switching up your routine. Do a month of GVT, a month of high intensity low weight, a month of 5x5, a month of power lifting, etc. etc. Try out everything you can and you'll know what works best for you. Find a couple of routines that work great for you and rotate through them. There is so much info and routines available on this site it'll be impossible not to find a routine that works best for you.

Personally I'll do a month of Low intensity (3 exercises/ muscle group, 4 sets and 6-10 reps) and I'll work each muscle twice a week.

Next month I'll do high intesity (5 exercises/ muscle group, 7 sets at 10-15 reps) once a week/ muscle group.

That works for me, but maybe not for you. Play around with it.

Cheers!
    Chris
    You can walk outisde and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
    -Henry Rollins

HarrisP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by censored View Post
    The answer will be different for everyone. I suggest switching up your routine. Do a month of GVT, a month of high intensity low weight, a month of 5x5, a month of power lifting, etc. etc. Try out everything you can and you'll know what works best for you. Find a couple of routines that work great for you and rotate through them. There is so much info and routines available on this site it'll be impossible not to find a routine that works best for you.

Personally I'll do a month of Low intensity (3 exercises/ muscle group, 4 sets and 6-10 reps) and I'll work each muscle twice a week.

Next month I'll do high intesity (5 exercises/ muscle group, 7 sets at 10-15 reps) once a week/ muscle group.

That works for me, but maybe not for you. Play around with it.

Cheers!
    Chris
    I just started my new routine.. Do you personally do more reps/sets with certain body parts than you do with others.. E.g. You do more reps while working your biceps than you would when working chest?

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HarrisP View Post
    I just started my new routine.. Do you personally do more reps/sets with certain body parts than you do with others.. E.g. You do more reps while working your biceps than you would when working chest?
    Yep. .
    I prefer low rep ranges (~5reps) but heavy for Chest, Back, and Legs
    whereas high rep ranges (8-12reps) for arms