BAMF79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Slow gaining help for women

Before anyone jumps at me for a stupid question, yes I am a newb. Yes I searched the forums. I found posts in the men section and none in the women's section. I've only been at this 6 months and the insane amount of conflicting information is so confusing to me.

I am not asking about anything illegal or dangerous I am just curious. Are there any herbal supplements that are legal to balance testosterone in women, safely, legally, naturally, and without long term damage?

I'm just wondering and here is why. I have been under the care of a personal trainer since February . I eat very clean, and get close to 200g of protein a day and consume 2200-2400 calories daily, do 4-5 sessions of cardio a week on the stair climber... As well as body building with my PT. I also do 2 days each, upper and lower body... Again with my trainer. I have my food made for me by a company that specifically makes meals for body builders. I supplement with protein, Omega3, amino acids including BCCA and LC... My diet is pretty pure and that is not just my opinion. I am 5'8, 132 lbs, and I have 23% body fat and hasn't budged in 3 months. My measurements stay the same too - 35-25-37 (bhw) and my arms stay a mediocre 7". I suffer major saddlebags and lose skin on my thighs that is quite bad despite never lost more than 5 lbs and, only 36 yro. I would like to be more like 140s with a body fat between 18-20%.

I am only down 1/2 % of body fat percentage in these 6 months and have gained no change to my muscle mass over all and continue to keep the same lean body mass month over month.

I don't know what I am doing except I do know I'm 36 years old, my estrogen is a tad low (blood results 3 years old now)... And I have all the symptoms of someone much older and with low testosterone. I have read that boosting T levels can help these issues dramatically. But I don't want jail time, acne and a large cliteros, nor do I want anxiety, mood swings, and the other symptoms.

I am not wanting to do anything dangerous at all. I've read countless of articles. I am not an idiot, I just can't differentiate so called "bro science" and advertising over actual information anymore, and I am not alone. Also, I am really good at math, reading, and the arts, but chemistry and science have always been over my head.

I am excited about this new adventure in my life but I have no friends - other than my trainer and that's a stretch - that are into body building at all. So I'm just looking to learn, please do not insult me and call me names... Uninformed and confused are not the same as dumb. And I did search and found nothing that helped at all, only just more nastiness and name calling. I really just need to be send in the right direction. I looked up hormone testing but don't have insurance (US open enrollment now locked down to November) so advice would also help there where to go to get new tests. Again some sites looked so much like a scam that now I think perhaps I can't tell between something legit, illegal, or looks like a scam.

I am sick of working out and getting no results. I also hoped to make some friends here... For support and information! I know it takes a long time to get the body you want but doesn't only a 1/2 % in 6 mo really abnormally small? I see photos of results others have and it's depressing to spent all this money and see nothing. I suppose for that money I could have gone through liposuction for the saddlebag and thigh issue or maybe even save for a thigh lift. But I wanted to be strong and I'd love to know any clues why it just isn't happening.

Thanks,

Angela

PS I have done the BMR calculator and found that made things more confusing. It says I only need 1700 calories a day, after calculating my Bmi combined with my activity... It makes no sense and makes me more frustrated. I tried many times on many sites including this and none of them are over 1,800 calories. I have tried that diet and it made me light headed, sick, and I lost LMB. I will lose weight eating anything less but I lose MUSCLE not fat... I find these calculators maddening. I am not trying to lose, I am trying to GAIN.
    Last edited by BAMF79; 08-06-2015 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Typo - accidentally left out details

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you want a base understanding of what fitness for women is all about read through this thread >>>> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=168176343.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your protein intake is excessive. You only need around 120g. More protein isn't better, it's a waste.

It sounds like you have no/little muscle. At 5'8" and 132 lbs, if you had a solid muscle base you'd look great.
    How many months did you spend bulking - and how much weight did you gain in that time?

Think you need to bulk. Think if you are paying someone to 'train' you and prepare your food, you should be making progress.

Wonder how long I'd pay someone if I continued to make no progress and the rationale/sanity behind it.

As far as test goes - there is really no 'bottom end' level for women. I was able to boost mine by taking DHEA, but it didn't go up a tremendous amount, it wasn't noticeable in my workouts, and my period stopped.

BMR is how much you need each day to stay alive IN A COMA. Then you have to factor in your activities and exercise.

If you want to gain muscle, why are you doing so much cardio?
    Why can't you make your own food?
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."