Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am I close?

TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CrazyClimber View Post
    How do your legs look? At 6' tall my weight full on shredded is around 165lbs but my quads/hams are terrible and I think that plays a huge part in the low scale weight.

I'm not saying this is you at all but is worth mentioning. I see a lot of people get around 15% and then realize they don't have the mass they thought they did so they start a mini 6 month bulk. Then they get unhappy with the bodyfat going up and cut again thinking they will have more mass than before....but inevitably still do not have the mass they want. Again they start to feel too "skinny and weak" so they rinse and repeat the program without making any real differences. Its a catch 22 that way too many people get caught up in. I think a good bulk that really makes a difference takes at least a year, maybe even two depending on what you are working with...

My advice is just cut down and get full on shredded now, don't pay attention to your scale weight. You have already took it this far (even at 150 lbs you will still look good ripped up and it feels good to have some real pay off from all the cutting, it will also give you a realization of just how much muscle you do or do not have) Once you have got your bodyfat as low as you can achieve start your long term bulk and make some real gains. Nothing beats starting a bulk when already super lean...
    Yeah, that's the plan now, I just hope I'll have the determination too. Have been cutting since end of February, I'm not the first one on earth doing this so you all know how c.ap that feels after a while.
    My legs are skinny as feck, but I still squat 200 Pounds, which is a lot to me, my PR is 240 on a full bulk and only for a few reps. I used to be a springboard diver so I don't think my legs will ever get huge (not that if I wanted them to be). They're on their way and I'm happy with them. They look worked, put it that way.

That's exactly what happened last year, and I was eyeballing my bulk as well. It may work for many, I'm an exception for sure, I lose the plot if I stop tracking macros.
    5'9", 40 Years, 169lbs

mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree with crazy climber...Keep cutting. I dropped all of the protein shakes for real food to fill me up. No smoothies for me...actually sounds really good right now . I ran my program at around 1800 calories for a long time and now that I am getting closer I have upped it to 2000. I am down 30 lbs. in the last 9 months, I had to mentally fight through the continuous comments concerning how "skinny" I was getting. I am not skinny!!! I was just fat before. Attached is a pic from this am. I have just begun to see my abs so I feel I am about 7-8 lbs. from being pretty lean. You can do it just take a break and refocus.

Attached Images
    Starting weight - 184 ~ Goal weight - 172

Jan 1-184|Jan 8-182.8|Jan 15-xxx|Jan 22-184|Jan 29-xxx|Total-xxx
    Feb 5-xxx|Feb 12-xxx|Feb 19-xxx|Feb 26-xxx|Total-xxx
    Mar 5-xxx|Mar 12-xxx|Mar 19-xxx|Mar 26-xxx|Total-xxx

TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TiborDublin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mmobley View Post
    I agree with crazy climber...Keep cutting. I dropped all of the protein shakes for real food to fill me up. No smoothies for me...actually sounds really good right now . I ran my program at around 1800 calories for a long time and now that I am getting closer I have upped it to 2000. I am down 30 lbs. in the last 9 months, I had to mentally fight through the continuous comments concerning how "skinny" I was getting. I am not skinny!!! I was just fat before. Attached is a pic from this am. I have just begun to see my abs so I feel I am about 7-8 lbs. from being pretty lean. You can do it just take a break and refocus.

I'd be quite happy with these abs for this cut, nice work, man
    5'9", 40 Years, 169lbs

Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TiborDublin View Post
    That's what the caliper said, I don't want to appear to be less than I am, but since I'm not competing it's not that important so I would go to get DEXA test done just to determine my bf percentage I'm looking in the mirror and if I see my abs I'll be happy. The last time I cut I finished the cut too early, apparently I build muscle a bit harder than I thought I would, I have worked my ass off at the gym the last 10 months.
    Unless your really skilled with the caliper, I'd be cautious. I can measure myself anywhere from 8% (no way in hell) to 15% (possibly). I tend to feel that I look about 12-13% at the moment, but keep in mind that I have visible and at 18% or so. I'm 5'8" and 179lbs and carry a lot more muscle mass than you.

Anyway, your goals are your goals so make a decision and keep it going.
    My vids: youtube.com/channel/UCXYsnKrrmhI9oPzfzkn8NsA
    Strong e-stat crew checking in

Originally Posted by Jbizzlechizzle View Post
    Unless your really skilled with the caliper, I'd be cautious. I can measure myself anywhere from 8% (no way in hell) to 15% (possibly). I tend to feel that I look about 12-13% at the moment, but keep in mind that I have visible and at 18% or so. I'm 5'8" and 179lbs and carry a lot more muscle mass than you.

Anyway, your goals are your goals so make a decision and keep it going.
    Sooner or later I'll have to cut down properly, may as well now, I'll be medium size again Then I'll go on a 5 years bulk and eat my heart out every day
    5'9", 40 Years, 169lbs

mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TiborDublin View Post
    Sooner or later I'll have to cut down properly, may as well now, I'll be medium size again Then I'll go on a 5 years bulk and eat my heart out every day
    You are doing the right thing! You know how many times I wanted to quit the cut and bulk because I felt scrawny.....many. Like me, continue the cut until you are happy and then we can look forward to a long slow bulk. Man I can't wait to be able to eat at above maintenacnce and start getting stronger again.
    Starting weight - 184 ~ Goal weight - 172

Jan 1-184|Jan 8-182.8|Jan 15-xxx|Jan 22-184|Jan 29-xxx|Total-xxx
    Feb 5-xxx|Feb 12-xxx|Feb 19-xxx|Feb 26-xxx|Total-xxx
    Mar 5-xxx|Mar 12-xxx|Mar 19-xxx|Mar 26-xxx|Total-xxx

Originally Posted by mmobley View Post
    You are doing the right thing! You know how many times I wanted to quit the cut and bulk because I felt scrawny.....many. Like me, continue the cut until you are happy and then we can look forward to a long slow bulk. Man I can't wait to be able to eat at above maintenacnce and start getting stronger again.
    Same here. Sometimes I just wish I could eat at maintenance for a period of time, just thinking about it gives me the sweats I look forward to eating my stir fry though
    5'9", 40 Years, 169lbs

angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Embrace the suck. Anyone can cut down to 15% relatively easily. Its pushing it toward the 10% to 12% range that you start to separate yourself from how the general population looks.

Thats why most people arent there, it sucks getting there. You need to embrace the bit of insanity it takes to get there and find motivation in it.

Originally Posted by angrypenguin54 View Post
    Embrace the suck. Anyone can cut down to 15% relatively easily. Its pushing it toward the 10% to 12% range that you start to separate yourself from how the general population looks.

Thats why most people arent there, it sucks getting there. You need to embrace the bit of insanity it takes to get there and find motivation in it.
    Yeah, I'm trying my very best. I asked my partner to kick me out of the bed in the morning as I struggle getting up lately. Not because I'm not motivated going to the gym but because I'm tired and my eyes simply won't open. Although back in my competitive years I had got up at half past 4 to get to the training at 6 for many years as a diver.

I also noticed that by making sweeeeeet love to the weights is way better on my joints and I don't need to go super heavy to tear the muscle tissue down (still squatted over 200 lbs today) Cardio however does suck big time. I swim about 30 mins (50 laps in the 25m pool, breast strokes) for cardio and not only it is getting boring doing it 4 times a day but I hardly have any energy left coming out of the pool. I've tried to mix it with treadmill and essentially that's what I'm doing now, but after 15 weeks it doesn't make much difference, I'm such as bored on the treadmill too. Well, it is what it is, look forward to my cheat day on monday, will have some home made pizza, maybe some dessert as well, see how I feel.
    I would have never thought that I'll ever want to eat rice and pasta again, I'm craving carbs mad. I know some go lower than I am but I've never ever consumed 125g a day. Ever.
    5'9", 40 Years, 169lbs

69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by angrypenguin54 View Post

Agree.^

Keep cutting. i have been around 1800 2000 kcals for months now.... I'm very close to my goal of 10% and it is a good feeling.
    The best part of this is, my kids are learning to live healthier because of me.

Originally Posted by 69cam View Post
    Agree.^

Keep cutting. i have been around 1800 2000 kcals for months now.... I'm very close to my goal of 10% and it is a good feeling.
    I can only imagine. See, being cut must feel quite good if you have the mass underneath the fat layer, I'm just realising that I don't. Devastating experience
    5'9", 40 Years, 169lbs