boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

my best deal yet pics + intense rust removal ?

Hey what's up everyone so I've been adding some stuff to my gym I recently got power block sport 9.0 with 90lb kit and getn ready to get 130lb kit, a prowler, med balls, .....BUT yesterday I think I got a good deal

I got
    -reverse hyper with a short and long strap
    -2 adjustable Jerk boxes
    -2 adjustable squat/plyo boxft
    - plate loaded hand grip machine
    - diamond shaped hex bar
    -5ft barbell
    -3" fat barbell (rusted)
    - 2.5" fat barbell (rusted)
    -5 barbell holder
    A ton of multi colored bands

All for $255 is that a good deal? The only issue is the fat barbells r rusted and I haven't cleaned or sprayed not even plates that are that rusted. What would u guys recommend are they safe to use what will work best on them since It'll be a Lil harder to clean them then spray with rust oleum
    Heavy bags DonT HIT back, it takes more than a gym membership to compete in the RING or Cage!
    6 time golden glove champion, 2nd at ringside worlds
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vsral is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I really like those pulling blocks!
    255 is a very neat deal imo. But I think here in europe nice deals are really rare (a lot of rubbish on the secondhand market)

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice score.

I heard removing rust builds character.

Although, I'm not sure what kind of character it builds
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yes it def does haha I've taken rust off the boxing stand I have and my Olympic plates but never a barbell so idk how to do these bars Any ideas?
    Heavy bags DonT HIT back, it takes more than a gym membership to compete in the RING or Cage!
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by boxinggsxr View Post
    yes it def does haha I've taken rust off the boxing stand I have and my Olympic plates but never a barbell so idk how to do these bars Any ideas?
    Wire brush and a drill...

are they high quality, do you know what the finish is on them under the rust?

I have always had an idea for bars but never had a chance to try it. If you took the belt for a belt sander and turned it inside out and then rigged up a drum to put in a drill and turn the belt, it could make very short work of them.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 13donniedarko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wire brush and navel jelly
    Friday night. Date night in Miami. Every night is a date night in Miami, and everyone's having sex. But for me, sex never enters into it. I don't understand sex. Not that I have anything against women, and I certainly have an appropriate sensibility about men, but when it comes to the actual act of sex, it's always just seemed so undignified. But I have to play the game.

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wire brush on a angle grinder to knock down the rust, then foam sanding pads medium and fine. Then go to a wet sand and maybe scotch write pads for final finish

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great score by the way, I'm all Jelly!

mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Hardgains88 View Post
    Wire brush on a angle grinder to knock down the rust, then foam sanding pads medium and fine. Then go to a wet sand and maybe scotch write pads for final finish
    What hardgains88 said with the exception of that is all I would do. That will be far faster than the drill method. We do it all the time at work. I could clean both of your fat bars in less than 30 minutes.
    Starting weight - 184 ~ Goal weight - 172

Jan 1-184|Jan 8-182.8|Jan 15-xxx|Jan 22-184|Jan 29-xxx|Total-xxx
    Feb 5-xxx|Feb 12-xxx|Feb 19-xxx|Feb 26-xxx|Total-xxx
    Mar 5-xxx|Mar 12-xxx|Mar 19-xxx|Mar 26-xxx|Total-xxx

Originally Posted by mmobley View Post
    What hardgains88 said with the exception of that is all I would do. That will be far faster than the drill method. We do it all the time at work. I could clean both of your fat bars in less than 30 minutes.
    Awesome thanks

awesome I still have most of that from last time I did my boxing stand and Olympic plates

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    Wire brush and a drill...

are they high quality, do you know what the finish is on them under the rust?

I have always had an idea for bars but never had a chance to try it. If you took the belt for a belt sander and turned it inside out and then rigged up a drum to put in a drill and turn the belt, it could make very short work of them.
    i'm not sure what the quality is they are hollow though, and the guy I got them from had a ton of other stuff sorrinex rack, and a ton of specialty bars I just happen to show up a cpl hours too late for those though

Great score by the way, I'm all Jelly!
    haha thanks I've been searching for reverse hyper for like 2 years but when I find one theyre usually 450-800 so this one for $100 I had to get it....and damn it really works
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

All for $255 is that a good deal? The only issue is the fat barbells r rusted and I haven't cleaned or sprayed not even plates that are that rusted. What would u guys recommend are they safe to use what will work best on them since It'll be a Lil harder to clean them then spray with rust oleum
    Did Mike ask you to pick up the solid 3 inch barbell, that one was a complete monster. I was there the night before buying some gear and I saw everything you got. The ones that you bought have a raw steel finish with just a surface rust so a brass wire wheel on a drill will clean it up just like new in about 10 minutes. I was on the fence on the jerk blocks they were a steal at their price congrats. After you wire wheel the bars you can just scotch brite the everything else and hit it with spray paint.

Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000)
    interesting. are the fat handles on the trap bar permanent? how heavy are those straight fat bars?
    435/259/551 S/B/D @ 197

Originally Posted by big420atx View Post
    Did Mike ask you to pick up the solid 3 inch barbell, that one was a complete monster. I was there the night before buying some gear and I saw everything you got. The ones that you bought have a raw steel finish with just a surface rust so a brass wire wheel on a drill will clean it up just like new in about 10 minutes. I was on the fence on the jerk blocks they were a steal at their price congrats. After you wire wheel the bars you can just scotch brite the everything else and hit it with spray paint.
    Haha ya he did I wanted to get the weird looking ss bar with handles attached, and the power racks too. Thanks for the tip bro, what all did u get
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

Originally Posted by Xone View Post
    interesting. are the fat handles on the trap bar permanent? how heavy are those straight fat bars?
    They are permanent , and I'm not sure how heavy they are I'll check tonight I just bought them to see the difference between fat gripz I have and fat bars
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big420atx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Haha ya he did I wanted to get the weird looking ss bar with handles attached, and the power racks too. Thanks for the tip bro, what all did u get
    I went to there to look at some bars but I ended up leaving with some amazing weight trees and muscle clamps for 30 bucks. I was so close on the jerk blocks but then he showed me the monster in the truck. So after I left I needed a couple of days to decide on that beast of a rack. I already have 2 racks but that one was a deal of a lifetime with everything it came with and something that will always hold its value so I finally bought it. This weekend im going to scuff it up and paint it satin black and orange I think. After that I need to really clean up the garage to make a home for it. I will post a pic of it when its done.

Originally Posted by big420atx View Post
    I went to there to look at some bars but I ended up leaving with some amazing weight trees and muscle clamps for 30 bucks. I was so close on the jerk blocks but then he showed me the monster in the truck. So after I left I needed a couple of days to decide on that beast of a rack. I already have 2 racks but that one was a deal of a lifetime with everything it came with and something that will always hold its value so I finally bought it. This weekend im going to scuff it up and paint it satin black and orange I think. After that I need to really clean up the garage to make a home for it. I will post a pic of it when its done.
    Congrats man ya I'd love to check out your setup I'll post a pic of mine once I get this stuff cleaned up. So you bought the sorinex how much did u get it for? Are you gona get that small black one? I wanted to get it for a decoration or maybe something as a practice area
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

HELLO EVERYONE I just wanted to say THANKS you guys have no idea how happy and how much time you saved me!!!!

I ended up getting a wire brush for the drill (mostly because i needed to clean out the insides of the barbell stand that was rusted), and then i also used my triangle electric sander (was like $30 at lowes i needed it a while back when i stained my cabinets) with 80grit and 120 grit sandpaper and I got the 2 fat bars done in about 20-30 mins. and the Navel jelly serious helped polish up and get the rust out of the tight spaces. thanks guys
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

HELLO EVERYONE I just wanted to say THANKS you guys have no idea how happy and how much time you saved me!!!!

I ended up getting a wire brush for the drill (mostly because i needed to clean out the insides of the barbell stand that was rusted), and then i also used my triangle electric sander (was like $30 at lowes i needed it a while back when i stained my cabinets) with 80grit and 120 grit sandpaper and I got the 2 fat bars done in about 20-30 mins. and the Navel jelly serious helped polish up and get the rust out of the tight spaces. thanks guys
    Kick ass I'm glad it went to smoothly post some pics up when you get a chance.

I have been trying to get this rack cleaned up and painted. but as you know the weather here has been a total cluster ****. so I haven't been able to catch enough sun to work on it.