kaydrelia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

am i eating the right protein?

So, I just started a training program a few weeks ago, including a new meal plan. My goal was drink whey protein several times a day with almond milk, and then several small meals throughout the day which would total around 170g protein, 90g carbs, 50g fat. I cannot for the life of me get the whey in my system, I've tried so many different brands and flavors but it just makes me gag. so I've tried moving to getting the protein in other forms instead, such as meat since it's low fat and high protein. I hit about 1350 calories a day, if I try to eat anymore than that I feel sick (I've never had a strong appetite so I've had to learn to force myself to eat as much as I do now). my diet is basically greek yogurt, oatmeal, low carb whole wheat tortillas, tuna, chicken, turkey, steak (all meats are boneless/skinless), and almonds. I'm one of the few people in the world that hates salads, no matter how it's prepared lol. I try to drink a gallon a day, sometimes I meet that goal sometimes I don't. I'm a single mom of two kids and have genetics very far from my favor lol, so I feel like I have to work extra hard to meet my goals and overcome certain obstacles. getting cardio in at home in an apartment is hard, but I do my best. I do have a home gym and strength train for 1-2 hours 4 days a week, cardio 7 days a week. it's only been 3 weeks but I haven't seen any weight loss/inches yet, no weight gain, but no loss either. I have noticed that my thighs are getting firmer (I'm a pear shape so everything is bigger on my lower half) and my endurance better. am I eating right or should I be forcing the whey protein in my system? I've heard people talk about eating too much meat and not digesting it and stuff so I'm wondering if my diet is wrong? I've heard people say to up the calories to boost the metabolism and 1350 might not seem like much, but as someone who used to eat 800 at the most a day (again, I'm never hungry), that's a big increase for me. any tips or advice or is it just a matter of keep doing what I'm doing and the results will come?

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

1350 calories would be aggressive numbers used for cutting? That's very little calories food wise and those numbers don't go far.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

kaydrelia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 5'1, 145lbs. Trying to lose the body fat and gain lean muscle. What if I upped it to 1500?

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by kaydrelia View Post
    I'm 5'1, 145lbs. Trying to lose the body fat and gain lean muscle. What if I upped it to 1500?
    At 145 lbs, you've been eating enough calories to get at that weight. So stating you have trouble getting in calories doesn't make sense. If you were truly eating 1350 calories (which is aggressive to start) you would easily be dropping weight.

There's an error somewhere in your tracking methods and you're eating more than you think. All foods need to be weighed, measured and tracked accordingly on a food scale.

You should be around 1600 calories to start. As long as you stay in your deficit you will lose at a steady rate.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    At 145 lbs, you've been eating enough calories to get at that weight. So stating you have trouble getting in calories doesn't make sense. If you were truly eating 1350 calories (which is aggressive to start) you would easily be dropping weight.

There's an error somewhere in your tracking methods and you're eating more than you think. All foods need to be weighed, measured and tracked accordingly on a food scale.

You should be around 1600 calories to start. As long as you stay in your deficit you will lose at a steady rate.
    This
    Plus, with the macros you listed that equals 1490 calories, not 1350 as you stated above

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Yeah, you need to re-do those macros, too. Way too much protein and not enough carbs or fat at your weight.