Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Achieving the dream TanneFitness's Avatar
    TanneFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would suggest you to train cardio hard, it's so bad for so many fighters, that's why a lot of fights are not interesting and slow. If ur cardio is beast, you could perform any training and fight 50% better.
    It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.
    — Vince Lombardi

boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd do boxing, training for a class to learn the technique behind throwing and hopefully someone there (any open class boxer if not the coach) can point out little flaws like when ppl drop the right hand when they throw their jab, or chicken winging a punch, or squaring up when your trying to throw too hard etc......and the other either bjj or wrestling (i'd pick bjj).

Do you live on 1st floor? If your apartment has a weight room i'd just put it in there and go to town on it... Most the bags that come with the stand really suck so i'd sell that bag and put the money you get from it and buy both a thai bag (the tall ones) and a uppercut bag (the round ball one). And hitting sand isn't the best thing to hit so dont fill your bags with it because being that your a beginner you might brake your hand or atleast cause a boxers fracture in wrist. you can put sand in a bucket and tap it but thats more for recovery from broken hand bones (atleast thats what i had to do when i broke mine).

take those classes, get those bags and i'd even get a double end bag cuz you can hook it up to the stand. and cardio! should be good and best thing is to make friends with the guys that are good on the ground so they can possibly help you out one on one when your not at the gym.
    Heavy bags DonT HIT back, it takes more than a gym membership to compete in the RING or Cage!
    6 time golden glove champion, 2nd at ringside worlds
    *Mac the Champ*
    USMC 0311/ OEF 2010
    SEMPER FI

jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unfortunately no weight room here, I have a rack, bench, bar, etc at my parents house that I use. There is nowhere there to hang it up though the ceilings are all low tiles. The gym has all those bags you mentioned though, but I'd like to be able to do it whenever I have free time instead of driving 25-30 minutes. What do you guys find is the best for cardio? I jog here and there and do jump rope, should I be adding something else in? I'm still in the stage where my body is getting used to it, I get very sore and cramped up so I need a little more resting time than someone that's been at it. Doing nothing, but weight training for so long took its toll on my cardio. People at the gym have been very helpful, I'm not that great with grappling/wrestling since it's all new to me. Did pretty well at throwing punches and kicks though, sure I have a lot to learn, but I see my ground game as being a bigger struggle to learn. My cardio is so awful though, thought I was going to die last night.

Oh and on a side note, I get these horrible piercing migraines when I do jump rope and push ups(our usual warm up), it really throws me off for the rest of the day sometimes. I get fuzzy and dizzy and almost fall over. I've had headaches plenty of times and am not one to complain about pain, but these can be pretty debilitating and I haven't experienced anything like this before. I'm thinking maybe its from going from resting to high intensity too fast. Does anyone have experience with this?

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you need to see a doctor if you getting migraines from jumping rope.

jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimt91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    definitely migraines, almost passed out a few times. Was just at doctor and really don't want to go back, but you're probably right.