ssssss4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssssss4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssssss4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssssss4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssssss4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssssss4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssssss4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssssss4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssssss4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssssss4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssssss4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What muscles do pullups work?

Hey guys, never really have done pull ups before this xmas break, but i have been doing alot of pullups and dips, and its a pretty good workout when your away from a gym.

Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mostly lats, some biceps, and some traps.

wumple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wumple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wumple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wumple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wumple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wumple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wumple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wumple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wumple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wumple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pullups are very good. They work primarily lats (as long as you do them right...don't use your thumb when you grip) and biceps.

scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lats, bicep, and a little back
    You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Target

* Latissimus Dorsi

Synergists

* Brachialis
    * Brachioradialis
    * Biceps Brachii
    * Teres Major
    * Rhomboids
    * Levator Scapulae
    * Pectoralis Minor
    * Trapezius, Lower
    * Pectoralis Major, Sternal

Dynamic Stabilizers

* Triceps, Long Head

Originally Posted by wumple View Post
    (as long as you do them right...don't use your thumb when you grip)
    Huh? What does your thumb have to do with it?

scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    your grip dictates which how much your arm muscles are used, if you use a thumbless grips, the biceps are used less and the lats more.

cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10) cssprophet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by scotyg View Post
    your grip dictates which how much your arm muscles are used, if you use a thumbless grips, the biceps are used less and the lats more.
    I don't suppose you have any proof to back that up, eh? I suppose the biceps are somehow attached to your thumb, so when you don't wrap it around the bar, something really scientific happens and your biceps involvement is removed or greatly lessened, eh?

altertune777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altertune777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altertune777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altertune777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altertune777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altertune777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altertune777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altertune777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altertune777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altertune777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) altertune777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    are you a freaking retard?! GO DO SOME F'N PULLUPS FEEL THE BURN and tell us what hurts. DAMN BB.COM has a list of what exercises work what muscles

WHY DO U WASTE INTERNET SPACE!?!?! oh and our time not like it matters....
    -That which is bitter to endure may be sweet to remember-

Originally Posted by cssprophet View Post
    I don't suppose you have any proof to back that up, eh? I suppose the biceps are somehow attached to your thumb, so when you don't wrap it around the bar, something really scientific happens and your biceps involvement is removed or greatly lessened, eh?
    not really, just what i've learned from trying different things.

Originally Posted by altertune777 View Post
    are you a freaking retard?! GO DO SOME F'N PULLUPS FEEL THE BURN and tell us what hurts. DAMN BB.COM has a list of what exercises work what muscles
    Not to be a killjoy, but that isn't always a good indicator. I feel absolutely nothing in my shoulders when I bench, but I know they're being worked. I don't feel anything in my hammies when I squat low (as low as I can), but I know they're being worked.

Lol, take it down a notch, buddy. Not like anyone is making you hang around here and respond.

Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

You've been trolling with posts like that for a while. Learn to be a bit more constructive please.