Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50)

21 Day Belly Fix

It's been a while since i've posted due to life and work changes. We had a kid, i've moved jobs and homes.....

Anyway, I recently picked up a copy of the 21 day Belly Fix. I feel like i have some uncomfortable bloating and stomach issues that I hope this detox diet can help. I've had really good results with low carb diets, but they really zap my energy. I did an experiment a few weeks ago and at gluten free for a week and it made stomach feel great! Since the i've decided to give up process grains. I'm really going to miss sandwiches, but maybe I'll enjoy some gluten free wraps or something later down the road.

Has anyone done the 21 day Belly fix? So far this morning, i'm a bit turned off. I had to eat Brown Rice cakes with Coconut oil and Olive Oil. This was almost impossible for me to eat. The coconut oil has the consistency of Crisco. I'm not a huge fan of Coconuts or Olives. I'm okay with the oils, but that much all at once almost had me vomiting.
    "Eat as many dead animals as you can." - VikingMan

JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JohnCyr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Koolhaas View Post
    It's been a while since i've posted due to life and work changes. We had a kid, i've moved jobs and homes.....

Anyway, I recently picked up a copy of the 21 day Belly Fix. I feel like i have some uncomfortable bloating and stomach issues that I hope this detox diet can help. I've had really good results with low carb diets, but they really zap my energy. I did an experiment a few weeks ago and at gluten free for a week and it made stomach feel great! Since the i've decided to give up process grains. I'm really going to miss sandwiches, but maybe I'll enjoy some gluten free wraps or something later down the road.

Has anyone done the 21 day Belly fix? So far this morning, i'm a bit turned off. I had to eat Brown Rice cakes with Coconut oil and Olive Oil. This was almost impossible for me to eat. The coconut oil has the consistency of Crisco. I'm not a huge fan of Coconuts or Olives. I'm okay with the oils, but that much all at once almost had me vomiting.
    Not a fan of Fad diets or crash diets.

Shortcuts are rarely the best path to go down on.

Consistency, perserverance and time are key to success IMO.

Cabbage soup diet cleaned me up real good in the past but going back to ****ty habits made me gain it all back plus more.

You gotta have fun eating...I don't like calling my new habits dieting.. I call it lifestyle changes.
    Transformation Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177716261&p=1591136601#post1591136601

2019-07-16 - 291 pounds
    2020-04-29 - 173 pounds

Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koolhaas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm with you on the habits. After having a kid, and various career stresses, i started stress eating and not really caring. I wasn't gaining much weight, but now I feel like my stomach sticks out and cleaning up my diet isn't giving me the results i've had in the past.

The first time i "dieted" was with the South Beach diet. I lost 30lbs in 2 months and kept it off. The diet, and book, educated me and I think I took away a lot of good habits. Now with a kid and another on the way, I can't work out or be as active as I was so I think that is taking a toll on me.

I'm going to do this 21 day belly fix to the letter and let you know how it goes. I do feel like I need to reorganize my gut bacteria, which is the point of the diet. I don't even know why keep calling it a diet, it's more like a cleanse. i just wish it was a tastier cleanse.

STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STC1188 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cleanses don't work. If you really want to "reorganize" your gut bacteria, take a strong antibiotic and then return to eating typically: the bacteria required to properly digest said foods will grow on their own. However, I will note that if you think your digestion is a problem, you should notice it in your stool. A bloated belly comes from either a. Being fat; or b. having stuff in it.

Good luck OP. Don't waste your money.

Originally Posted by STC1188 View Post
    Cleanses don't work. If you really want to "reorganize" your gut bacteria, take a strong antibiotic and then return to eating typically: the bacteria required to properly digest said foods will grow on their own. However, I will note that if you think your digestion is a problem, you should notice it in your stool. A bloated belly comes from either a. Being fat; or b. having stuff in it.

Good luck OP. Don't waste your money.
    I'm giving it a go. Strong antibiotic's will kill off the good bacteria in my stomach that I want to keep. Apparently, the first 3-6 days of this is rejuvenating those bacteria. i can't eat meat for a week This makes me sad, but even on day 2 my stomach feels better. The only problem is the coconut oil makes me queasy. I also have a nagging, dull headache, probalby from lack of caffeine...

Day 8 - update: I got a huge burst of energy yesterday. I got so much around the house done, along with studying and working on my computer.

the cleanse has had minor changes since day 3, but on day 7 i started drinking kombucha and taking glutamine, digestive enzymes, and aloe vera juice. Today i start taking a probiotic to start adding in more good bacteria. Since day 2 on this cleanse my stomach has felt much better and have had zero bloating. My wife says I fart when i sleep sometimes, but two nights ago, i woke her up. The cleanse is actually suppose to give you less gas, but maybe i had some saved up.

So far, i've lost only 4-5lbs but I'm happy with the progress. I'm surprise the weightloss isn't more since most diets have a big drop of water weight in the beginning. If I can steadily drop 4-5lbs a week, I'll be happy.

i'm committed to getting my eating habits in order. My wife is pregnant and I always seem to gain weight with her. Last time I gained about 15lbs. It took me a year to drop that with my lack of physical activity. With as much energy as I have right now, i can see getting back into my running and biking routine! My dog will love this. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Tsuna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tsuna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tsuna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tsuna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tsuna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tsuna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tsuna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tsuna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tsuna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Koolhaas View Post
    Day 8 - update: I got a huge burst of energy yesterday. I got so much around the house done, along with studying and working on my computer.

the cleanse has had minor changes since day 3, but on day 7 i started drinking kombucha and taking glutamine, digestive enzymes, and aloe vera juice. Today i start taking a probiotic to start adding in more good bacteria. Since day 2 on this cleanse my stomach has felt much better and have had zero bloating. My wife says I fart when i sleep sometimes, but two nights ago, i woke her up. The cleanse is actually suppose to give you less gas, but maybe i had some saved up.

So far, i've lost only 4-5lbs but I'm happy with the progress. I'm surprise the weightloss isn't more since most diets have a big drop of water weight in the beginning. If I can steadily drop 4-5lbs a week, I'll be happy.

i'm committed to getting my eating habits in order. My wife is pregnant and I always seem to gain weight with her. Last time I gained about 15lbs. It took me a year to drop that with my lack of physical activity. With as much energy as I have right now, i can see getting back into my running and biking routine! My dog will love this. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    That 5 pounds should be from water weight. However losing 5 pounds a week is bad! Most of that will be from your muscle! Recommended is 2 lb a week

Update: The cleanse is complete!

I stuck with it 100% up to the last week. Then I wavered slightly on some of the recommended foods. I ate read meat a little earlier than the book wanted me to. I think the idea is to repair your stomach lining and then reintroduce foods to identify what your body can handle. My actual end date was this past sunday, but with thanksgiving I put it on hold for 2 days. I didn't go nuts on thursday either (well, maybe some. I had some pie). But my stomach as happy with me. 2 hours after eating a semi-heavy thanksgiving dinner, I felt go enough to go for a run. My energy was way up.

The problem happened on friday night. I went out of town, and we were on an island and our only option for dinner was italian food. I should have just ordered a salad, but I was very hungry so I got the spaghetti. I didn't even get a quarter of the way through before my stomach told me to stop. I just felt very uncomfortable and started bloating up. 2 hours later I puked. My wife had the same thing and thought it was fantastic and had no problems. I guess my stomach as just too sensitive.

I put this thread in the weight loss section because I felt this was a smart thing to do before a cut. When my wife is pregnant, i get fat. I'm about 15-30lbs overweight. With the help of this cleanse, i lost around 10lbs. I weighed myself on day 1 in the morning, and day 21 in the evening(9lbs). I think if i had weighed myself in the morning, it would have been at the 10 or 11lbs mark for weightloss.

Anyway, I'm sold on the theory that this cleanse preaches, but the book isn't very well written. I compare it to the South Beach book, which easier explains the theory, and more clearly maps out what your are suppose to be eating each day. this book left out stuff that you aren't suppose to be eating or drinking. It really only says ~ eat this today; and doesn't say what food or drinks you should really stay away from. I have good will power when it comes to dieting, but not everyone can resist having a glass of wine or champagne. This book didn't mention alcohol at all. I have no clue what alcohol does to stomach lining or stomach bacteria. So, i drank some whiskey starting in week 3.

Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cleanses don't do anything. Don't waste your time.

If you need to slim down - caloric deficit, while eating foods that give most satiety will fix all your bloating issues.
    Rugby, Judo, Basketball, MMA Fighter Crew (4-0).
    80+ lbs lost crew
    UofT Biz Crew

Originally Posted by Sarumyan View Post
    Cleanses don't do anything. Don't waste your time.

If you need to slim down - caloric deficit, while eating foods that give most satiety will fix all your bloating issues.
    Having just completed this cleanse, I disagree. I have been feeling much more energized and relaxed. My stomach lays flatter from my intestines not being as inflamed and bloated. The cleanse also knocked out any carb-cravings I was having in the first week so having to eat anything that satiated me was not an issue. I also got introduced to Kombucha, Aloe Vera Juice, and Probiotics.

I made this thread to so anyone who was interested in this route could chime in or hear about my experience.

rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000) rbjames74 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd honestly just get a regiment and eat differently, those cleanses are great temporary fixes but if you dont do a lifestyle change when coming off of them you'll gain the weight back and then some. On top of that people tend to lose a ton of muscle mass eating like that

Originally Posted by rbjames74 View Post
    I'd honestly just get a regiment and eat differently, those cleanses are great temporary fixes but if you dont do a lifestyle change when coming off of them you'll gain the weight back and then some. On top of that people tend to lose a ton of muscle mass eating like that
    Exactly. The cleanse repaired my stomach lining, but I can't just go off and eat cake everyday. It was to begin a more active cut. This weekend I started getting the house ready for my new little girl that gets here next week, but I did squeeze in a couple runs with my dog. I do have tons more energy now. I'm down a full 10lbs after starting the cleanse 4 weeks ago. I'm sure 50% of it was water weight, but that's almost my favorite part. That first 5lbs and the last 5lbs.

I do have to say, there are a lot of people coming in here and talking to me like I don't know what I'm doing. I've been on these boards since 2006, but I've been active in weight training and nutrition since 2003. I can get down to 10% BF if I wanted to, as I have done in the past. Right now, I'm around 15%. Towards the end of the spring I would like to get close to 10% again. I'm not concerned with losing too much lean mass. I'm feeling strong right now and still have good definition. I doubt I could hit any of my max weight, but I'll work on bulking next year. It's a marathon.

I feel like addition of the probiotic really was the most important part of this next to that first week of eating super clean/gut healthy items. I was taking Probiotic Acidophilus. It was refrigerated in a yogurt base. I ran out, but after some research I found that you should keep taking it, but buy a different kind to diversify the bacteria in your intestines.

just another update. It's been over two months since I started the cleanse. I lost around 15lbs and I've stalled out there. I think the cleanse was a success with getting my stomach feeling better and looking a bit flatter. I'm getting older and my waist line was expanding and I just started buy 38" pants, but after the cleanse I'm wearing my 34's again and feeling lighter. I needed something like this to get me out of my funk. I have the energy to work out now, but just need to find the time.

Current weight is 200lbs, I'd like to get back down to 190lbs.