Thread: splenda okay???

fatasskid is just really nice. (+1000) fatasskid is just really nice. (+1000) fatasskid is just really nice. (+1000) fatasskid is just really nice. (+1000) fatasskid is just really nice. (+1000) fatasskid is just really nice. (+1000) fatasskid is just really nice. (+1000) fatasskid is just really nice. (+1000) fatasskid is just really nice. (+1000) fatasskid is just really nice. (+1000) fatasskid is just really nice. (+1000)

splenda okay???

Im curious cuz i did read about surcrose at sticky...and was wondering if it okay to use it in food i eat. Cuz when i did surcrose on google.com, theres like bunch of website that says splenda isnt safe???
    Last edited by fatasskid; 12-17-2006 at 10:17 AM.

Registered User Illinibball4evr's Avatar
    Illinibball4evr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Illinibball4evr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    splenda, and other artifical sweetners such as asparatame have been known to cause brain problems........ and no, i am not ****ting you. you would be better of eating regular sweetners.

enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enforcerlady has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Illinibball4evr View Post
    splenda, and other artifical sweetners such as asparatame have been known to cause brain problems........ and no, i am not ****ting you. you would be better of eating regular sweetners.
    BS. There has been no definitive research showing that artificial sweeteners cause cancer in humans. Maybe if you're a rat and you eat 20x your weight in aspartame you'll get brain cancer. But otherwise, don't worry about it, artificial sweeteners are fine.
    The fight is won or lost in the gym.

diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50) diss-e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by enforcerlady View Post
    BS. There has been no definitive research showing that artificial sweeteners cause cancer in humans. Maybe if you're a rat and you eat 20x your weight in aspartame you'll get brain cancer. But otherwise, don't worry about it, artificial sweeteners are fine.
    True, like all other foods, everything in moderation

bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bbjeff86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Splenda should be fine. It is simiply sugar with a chlorine molecule attached so that your body can't digest it. It is a somewhat new product though so it's can't be certain one way or another what effects it could have. I use it though... Just do so in moderation.

reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use it too.. and aspartame... All in moderation... I try hard not to eat too much, thought sometimes I eat a lot in one day.. Still not as much as the rats in most studies :P LOL

I read a book that was published on this subject... It honestly failed to convince me.

But I dont want to start or continue a controversial discussion about splenda as it seems people are dead set on whatever argument and position they have...
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)
    -Not a Dr. in Nutrition or any other Human Biology Field-
    Fish Scientist / Computer Geek / Gymaholic
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Ovolactate Pescaterian and scientist.

DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500)
    its hard to escape it these days. gotta say i drink diet mountain dew all the time, its one of my vices. but:

in my opinion natural sugar will always be your best option compared to artificial sweeteners. they dont know the long term effects of any of the new things created in the last 20-30. we are guinea pigs. stick with what your body knows, natural foods that have been on earth for thousands of years.

vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    when I get the munchies from smoking I turn to splenda works pretty well. And no splenda will not hurt you for all you superstitious nutrition freaks

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by diss-e View Post
    True, like all other foods, everything in moderation
    Good advice...and when push comes to shove Splenda is better than plain old sugar.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

Bringindapain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bringindapain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bringindapain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bringindapain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bringindapain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bringindapain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bringindapain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bringindapain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bringindapain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bringindapain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bringindapain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vein5 View Post
    when I get the munchies from smoking I turn to splenda works pretty well. And no splenda will not hurt you for all you superstitious nutrition freaks
    so you smoke, get the munchies and to cure your munchies you start downing splenda?

Chilled out entertainer msundi83's Avatar
    msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just to be clear...splenda has multiple chlorine molecules in each molecule of sucralose (not sucrose...thats table sugar). They are in place of hydroxyl groups that are normally attached to the carbon ring.

This way the eznymes that normally handle sugar molecules can't use the sucralose molecules as a substrate. The powder stuff does have nutritive sweetners in it remember. It contains maltoD and dextrose to bulk it up. I think there are like 24 grams of sugar per cup of splenda powder.

reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by msundi83 View Post
    just to be clear...splenda has multiple chlorine molecules in each molecule of sucralose (not sucrose...thats table sugar). They are in place of hydroxyl groups that are normally attached to the carbon ring.

This way the eznymes that normally handle sugar molecules can't use the sucralose molecules as a substrate. The powder stuff does have nutritive sweetners in it remember. It contains maltoD and dextrose to bulk it up. I think there are like 24 grams of sugar per cup of splenda powder.
    Yeah I read it in a book that each splenda package is like 99% sugar LOL Something like 3 calories per package actually... This is coming from a book thats making the case against splenda... I thought, oh well, that means that the amount of splenda we are consuming its sooooooo small.... And then somewhere else in the book it said that most splenda is excreted, untouched.

But I agree, natural is better. I see splenda as a shortcut to keep my sugar consumption as low as I can. I use it only when I get starbucks coffee.
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)

theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by reefpicker View Post
    I use it too.. and aspartame... All in moderation... I try hard not to eat too much, thought sometimes I eat a lot in one day.. Still not as much as the rats in most studies :P LOL

I read a book that was published on this subject... It honestly failed to convince me.

But I dont want to start or continue a controversial discussion about splenda as it seems people are dead set on whatever argument and position they have...
    Dude I'm not trying to be a dick but your picture looks gay as hell, change it.

Illinibball4evr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Illinibball4evr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by enforcerlady View Post
    LESS TALKING, MORE READING

http://www.splendaexposed.com/

http://www.mercola.com/article/aspar...fety_study.htm

my fathers co-worker died from brain cancer after just 1-2 diet cokes a day for about 8 months.....
    Last edited by Illinibball4evr; 12-17-2006 at 05:38 PM.

vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vein5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bringindapain Quote:
    so you smoke, get the munchies and to cure your munchies you start downing splenda?

Well splenda is soo much stronger than sugar that a little bit cures my sweet tooth

JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDOutlook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I found this on wikipedia. It does sound more reasonable than those claims about splenda causing brain tumprs after 8 months of consumption

Sucralose has been accepted by several national and international food safety regulatory bodies, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Joint Food and Agriculture Organization/World Health Organization Expert Committee on Food Additives, The European Union's Scientific Committee on Food, Health Protection Branch of Health and Welfare Canada and Food Standards Australia-New Zealand (FSANZ). The acceptable daily intake for sucralose is 9 mg/kg of body weight per day.[2] (Note that Splenda is mostly maltodextrin.)

"In determining the safety of sucralose, FDA reviewed data from more than 110 studies in humans and animals. Many of the studies were designed to identify possible toxic effects including carcinogenic, reproductive and neurological effects. No such effects were found, and FDA's approval is based on the finding that sucralose is safe for human consumption."[3]

daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000)
    splenda, no.

The calories in it is amazing too. its awesome.

it is one of the healthiest forms of sweetners.

aspartame is bad though.

daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000)
    LESS TALKING, MORE READING

my fathers co-worker died from brain cancer after just 1-2 diet cokes a day for about 8 months.....
    Please dont lie

Originally Posted by daviess View Post
    Please dont lie
    if you honestly think i made that up, there's really nothing i can do to prove it to you.

anyways, im not coming too your funeral, and I suggest you leave your ego at the door and at least attempt to reduce the level of your ignorance. God did not intend for you to eat man made garbage such as artifical sweetners.

Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Dude I'm not trying to be a dick but your picture looks gay as hell, change it.
    What a smart comment. Thanks.
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)

if you honestly think i made that up, there's really nothing i can do to prove it to you.

anyways, im not coming too your funeral, and I suggest you leave your ego at the door and at least attempt to reduce the level of your ignorance. God did not intend for you to eat man made garbage such as artifical sweetners.
    if i died tomorrow it would be such a horrible thing. dont come. fine.

MEAN*

god did not 'intend me to' eat splenda..i love that.

buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    why dont u try a natural sweetener? ie. honey

youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youthman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by msundi83 View Post

You can get pure sucralose instead of the splenda mix. I use splenda on occasion but generally opt for honey or agave syrup.

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's hard NOT to use Splenda as it's in most supplements these days. My Body Octane, Purple Wraath and Protein all have it.

To make up for it, I don't add artificial sweeteners to anything so I only get the little bit that is in my supplements.

ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your fears are unfounded

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ight=aspartame

As far as someone dying of cancer because of it, that's nonsense. I'm terribly sorry for your loss, but doctors still don't know what causes cancer, only that certain lifestyles contribute to a higher rate.
    "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

"You've got more definition than a dictionary." -me

Current Ignore List (for consideration's sake :D ): Ancients, ImproperOne, A-GAME