dchambers1191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Enough is enough!

I am a 24 year old male and I'm 6' 1" 350lbs. I am obese. My lifestyle is sedentary and I am also currently unemployed (which will soon change). I would like to lose 100 pounds ASAP and eventually become a healthier more active person. I am fairly athletic as I have played sports most of my younger years. The past 3 years I have led an extremely unhealthy lifestyle which included fast food daily (sometimes twice daily), sweets, saltys, and everything in between and of great amounts. I have also struggled with daily habitual marijuana use during that 3 year span which did not help with the binge eating. But I have recently stopped the use.

As far as exercise goes, I will be starting slow and working my way to High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) accompanied with weight lifting. I also have been diagnosed with low testosterone and have been prescribed one weekly injection of 2cc's of testosterone cypionate and have been doing the injections for almost 3 years. (Yes I know, unusual for my age).

Now that my specifics are out there, I would like to hear back from some people on some suggestions or changes I should make. And I'll be glad to answer any questions if I left something out.

But first, 3 questions.

How many calories should I be eating daily to lose weight in a healthy yet fast paced manor? Which food groups should I prioritize in order to plan my meals effectively? Is there any supplements out there you recommend for my case?

Thanks, and I hope to hear back.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For information on how to determine calorie needs and deficits.. ready this:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380403

As to how long it will take to lose 100 pounds, probably somewhere between 1-2 years depending upon your efforts and determination.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
    Enter your stats into the calculator and base your calories deficit off of your TDEE.

I'd recommend a 1000 calorie deficit, which means you'd drop 2lbs a week.
    Current Lifts
    Weak as F

Current Goals
    Lift more

[]Cutting
    [X]Bulking

Ahmedmilton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ahmedmilton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ahmedmilton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ahmedmilton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ahmedmilton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ahmedmilton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ahmedmilton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ahmedmilton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ahmedmilton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ahmedmilton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ahmedmilton has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Pick a meal plan based on your calorie needs and get recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
    Yes there was an amazing supplement for weight loss..it is Garcinia Cambogia .

ElizabethTucker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    For information on how to determine calorie needs and deficits.. ready this:
    As to how long it will take to lose 100 pounds, probably somewhere between 1-2 years depending upon your efforts and determination.
    Want to add more that is Commit to Move More..........
    Exercise makes weight loss much easier—but more important, people who move more are more likely to keep the pounds off. No matter where you’re at now, you can become “an exercise person

Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What do you mean by ASAP. Most of the time when people say this they want the immediate gratification. It took you 3 years to get this way do you think it will be fixed in 3 months. I would plan for a year. at 2 pounds a week of fat loss you will be there in a year. It will take commitment though. A commitment to your life style and most importantly your diet. I will say in my case that I have lost 100 pounds in less than a year. I also did it with out torturing myself. I was disciplined but not obsessive, there will be times where life will make it difficult to make the best choice. The key is to not make it a pattern. When there is a time where you had to alter your program the key is to get back to it as soon as you can.

To answer your questions:
    1. You would need to check some calculators to be sure but I would guess somewhere around 2000-2200 calories a day to start. for comparison when I started at 311 lbs my nutritionist placed me on 1850 calories a day.
    2. I was given the priority of healthy fats (almonds/almond butter, cocunut oil, avocado etc...), lean protein (chicken, pork loin, salmon although it is filled with healthy fats, etc..), than carbs (mostly from vegetables(salad, broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, spinach etc..) I was very limited on complex carbs and relied on my body for the excess energy, for example I had 1/2 cup of rice 3 times a week.
    3. Vitamin D 5000 i.u., Fish oil, multi-vitamin, protein powder.

Exercise where you can, if you look at my workout routine it was what I could fit into my schedule. The goal is to approach this as a maintainable lifestyle and not something you do short term. Good luck.