Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by pyrolee View Post
    And...we can't do anything about the trolls, right? right? right?...soooooooooooooooooooooooo let's turn our eye on the victim of the attack for some type of moral resolution to a situation that we can't supposedly control. WE MUST HAVE CLOSURE TO EVERYTHING.
    LOL...can you explain how this is a logical response to my comment? All I said was that I think Phil responding to trolls perpetuates their trolling, since what they're after is attention and by responding to them Phil is giving them that. There is probably more focus on him because he's more identifiable (this is a BB forum and he's Mr. O), the trolling is directed towards him, and how he manages the situation disproportionately impacts what others do.

Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    pyrolee do you know what posting that #3peat #4peat pic is? trolling lol

pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by extricate View Post
    LOL...can you explain how this is a logical response to my comment? All I said was that I think Phil responding to trolls perpetuates their trolling, since what they're after is attention and by responding to them Phil is giving them that. There is probably more focus on him because he's more identifiable (this is a BB forum and he's Mr. O), the trolling is directed towards him, and how he manages the situation disproportionately impacts what others do.
    Sure, you questioned the concept that "fighting fire with fire" would not work via trolls. You proposed that Phil should ignore them/not communicate with them as a means to "defeat them" in some capacity. I responded by saying your perspective was fundamentally flawed in that your focus immediately went to what Phil needs to do. Your initial reaction was not to chastise the troll, but to give advice to the victim in how to avoid the evil-doers (e.g. don't wear a Jewish star openly so the Nazis won't get you).

P.S. "How he manages the situation disproportionately impacts what others do." OH REALLY?

Originally Posted by Ikatsu View Post
    pyrolee do you know what posting that #3peat #4peat pic is? trolling lol
    Care to elaborate a little bit?...I'm still needing some clarification on "The most privileged people in the entire world don't get to complain about this (*@# ever."...

I suspect, however, as you attempt to expand on your ideas and concepts that you will not be able to overcome my arguments.

extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) extricate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sure, you questioned the concept that "fighting fire with fire" would not work via trolls. You proposed that Phil should ignore them/not communicate with them as a means to "defeat them" in some capacity. I responded by saying your perspective was fundamentally flawed in that your focus immediately went to what Phil needs to do. Your initial reaction was not to chastise the troll, but to give advice to the victim in how to avoid the evil-doers (e.g. don't wear a Jewish star openly so the Nazis won't get you).

P.S. "How he manages the situation disproportionately impacts what others do." OH REALLY?
    You responded first by saying 'And...we can't do anything about the trolls, right? right? right?' when I asserted the opposite. One great way of doing something about the trolls, in this case reducing their trolling, is to take away what they're after, which is often attention via a response from whom they're targeting. The most effective way to do this in my view is for the target of the trolling, the person who the trolls want to get a reaction from, to not provide that reaction. This does not equate to me believing that nothing can be done about trolls, and if you think that you haven't thought hard enough about what I wrote or you just interpreted it poorly.

Then you wrote in response to my first comment 'let's turn our eye on the victim of the attack for some type of moral resolution to a situation that we can't supposedly control. WE MUST HAVE CLOSURE TO EVERYTHING.

First, I never approached the issue from a moral perspective; I was addressing it from the perspective of what approaches influence the extent to which Phil is trolled. Second, I never suggested that we must have closure to everything, so I'm not sure why you emphasized that in your response. My point was simply that by responding to trolls Phil is more likely to be trolled. Regarding my comment about Phil having a greater impact, I think that's fairly clear since he's the target of the trolling, which is a good reason to focus on what he can do to make an issue that seems to bother him less serious. In fact, someone who suggests that he 'fights fire with fire' is doing just that; they are advocating one course of action from Phil, while people like me are advocating another.
    Last edited by extricate; 10-17-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    99% of you still feed the trolls here daily, yet expect some guy that lifts weights to completely ignore.

He gets the equivalent of several forum's worth of nonsense routinely and responds to a few.

Every human being gets ticked off at seeing blatant idiocy and every time someone yaps on about professionalism...
    People these days have more reps than brain cells

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Personally i find it inspiring when pros like kai, wolf, evan etc. don't act defensive towards hate comments, but if phil decides to respond then that's that.

It's unprofessional regardless of what anyone says, but i'm not going to knock him for it.
    lófasz

BBgoal2014 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Care to elaborate a little bit?...I'm still needing some clarification on "The most privileged people in the entire world don't get to complain about this (*@# ever."...

I suspect, however, as you attempt to expand on your ideas and concepts that you will not be able to overcome my arguments.
    Incorrect; the jewish star would save your ase 99% of the time.