Closed Thread
Page 161 of 299 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 211 261 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,830 of 8945
    akappa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) akappa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) akappa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) akappa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) akappa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) akappa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) akappa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) akappa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) akappa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) akappa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) akappa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Poll: Would you buy a high MP Canon EOS 5DIV?

"I am fine with 20 to 24 MP."
    "I don't need all those megapixels as I presume that fps will drop in that case."
    "Personally I do not need more pixels (as others said before, would need more storage and all that)"
    "For my use, I do NOT want more megapixel."
    "No. 24 mp would be enough for me"
    "Not concerned with megapixels at this moment in my photographic life. The 20 or so that I have now seems to work just fine"
    "Megapixels are just fine now."
    "I'd hope a 5D4 wouldn't go past 24 mp"
    "High MP is not a priority in my shooting"
    "I would never buy a camera just because it had more MP."
    "More pixels don't interest me for what I'm shooting."

[img]http://i.minus.com/iWUFN2woQLcRL.
    lol'd exactly this. I shoot with the mark iii, but who doesn't want more? I'm pretty much never satisfied with what I have, there's always something better and If it's there for the same price or less (Nikon D800) why wouldn't you have it? Jealousy from the fan boys is pretty funny to read though!
    www.AdamKappa.co.uk

Follow me at www.********.com/AdamKappaPhotography

Instagram - AdamKappaPhotography

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ShoryuBrah View Post
    5D3 is close to what I'd consider a perfect camera for my usage. If they could just improve the sensor among some other things, I'd be sold. Although I'd be perfectly fine with the current sensor if I had one.

Also 40mp + 8fps and built in 2x extender
    On a serious note some of those responses are probably genuine but it reminds me a lot of the "12mp is all you need" Nikon camp from 2008-2012. You had to pony up $8K for a D3x if you wanted more than 12mp on full frame. LTFOL. Nikon was trolling us hard.

Anyway, you really need two cameras to cover all bases like a used D3s or 1D mkIV (or the new 7D mk2) for sport/action and a used D800E or "high MP 5D mkIV" for landscapes/studio work.

The 5Dmk3 and D750 are great cameras but more in the Jack of all trades / master of none category.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by akappa View Post
    lol'd exactly this. I shoot with the mark iii, but who doesn't want more? I'm pretty much never satisfied with what I have, there's always something better and If it's there for the same price or less (Nikon D800) why wouldn't you have it? Jealousy from the fan boys is pretty funny to read though!
    Exactly. I never heard Canon shooters complaining about megapixels before. The 5D mk2 was a massive hit. You got the 1Ds mk3 sensor + 1080p video for a fraction of the price.

Now that Nikon is in bed with Sony and is getting these amazing sensors they're trying to convince themselves they don't want something like it. If Canon signed a deal with Sony to source similar sensors or made some kind of breakthrough with their own fabrication process and released a 40mp+ 5D mkIV, they'd be all over it.

What makes me laugh is the D800 is the camera they were expecting from Canon and the 5D mk3 is the camera many were expecting from Nikon. It's like they swapped business plans.

Anyway, coming from a D700 I thought even 18-20mp would be enough. After firing a few frames with the D800E I was sold. Overkill for some jobs, no question, but if you are shooting landscapes, doing studio work, selling image stock, you want as much resolution as you can get.

pieceofdebri79 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pieceofdebri79 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pieceofdebri79 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pieceofdebri79 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pieceofdebri79 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pieceofdebri79 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pieceofdebri79 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pieceofdebri79 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pieceofdebri79 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pieceofdebri79 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pieceofdebri79 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This sounds like the "More than a handful is a waste" argument. Always gotta bring it back to boobs.
    *Texas Crew

"I should really find more productive ways to waste my time" -J.D.

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pieceofdebri79 View Post
    This sounds like the "More than a handful is a waste" argument. Always gotta bring it back to boobs.

More than a handful in that case is always better.
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mpe65mm on canon 6d + flash is getting pretty heavy haha. Can't imagine having to hold a 5dmk3 or 1dx.....
    --------------------- ϞϞ( ๑⚈ ․̫ ⚈๑). ---------------------
    --- Still-plays-PokemonGo-in-2022 Crew ---

FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am looking at giving Capture One Pro and Media Pro by Phase One a try. Have any of you tried it out? How does it compare to photoshop and lightroom?

Originally Posted by FappinBrah View Post
    I am looking at giving Capture One Pro and Media Pro by Phase One a try. Have any of you tried it out? How does it compare to photoshop and lightroom?
    I've been using Capture One Pro for a few years now.

Quality of the RAW conversions is superior to LR however the interface will take some getting used to and initially will seem less intuitive.

Boakey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boakey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boakey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boakey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boakey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boakey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boakey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boakey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boakey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boakey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boakey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NinjaKix View Post
    Got my Einstein in today...was messing around with it.

ABC_5217 by ninjakix, on Flickr

Just had my son doing whatever he wanted. while I messed w/ different light positions and power. I liked how that one turned out, cause if you know my kid, you know it fits him well.
    Nice, the b&w turned out well.
    *****OFFICIAL MISC PHOTOGRAPHY CREW*****

"Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase."
    - Joseph Pilates

FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FappinBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been using Capture One Pro for a few years now.

Quality of the RAW conversions is superior to LR however the interface will take some getting used to and initially will seem less intuitive.
    So that is a thumbs up I am assuming? Do you have media pro too? Or just use Capture One Pro?

hammbergler will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammbergler will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammbergler will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammbergler will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammbergler will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammbergler will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammbergler will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammbergler will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammbergler will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammbergler will become famous soon enough. (+50) hammbergler will become famous soon enough. (+50)

"I don't need all those megapixels as I presume that fps will drop in that case."
    "Personally I do not need more pixels (as others said before, would need more storage and all that)"
    "Not concerned with megapixels at this moment in my photographic life. The 20 or so that I have now seems to work just fine"

I have a 5D Mark III and I don't really want more pixels (at the cost of more FPS).

Don't get me wrong I would love a 5D Mk III with a Exmor sensor because the DR and noise performance is much better. Its just i'd rather have 8 FPS and 24 MP vs 36 MP and 5 FPS.

Calibrating.. please wait Final_Rep's Avatar
    Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by hammbergler View Post
    I have a 5D Mark III and I don't really want more pixels (at the cost of more FPS).

Don't get me wrong I would love a 5D Mk III with a Exmor sensor because the DR and noise performance is much better. Its just i'd rather have 8 FPS and 24 MP vs 36 MP and 5 FPS.
    This is why the 5D IV would be high MP, or maybe call it a 5D IIIs. Whatever the case. The idea is some people want one part of the pie and some people want the other, and from a technology PoV you can't have both.

(well, you probably can, but it would cost more than either side wants to pay)
    All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump
    BRB getting Brawndo, it has what plants need
    BRB Welcome to Costco, I Love You

BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

From my understanding, I will rarely utilize all of the megapixels my camera has to offer, but it doesnt stop me wanting more, in case I snap the money shot and want to print large scale. I love large prints, leaves a bigger impact than small prints.
    Rugby Crew
    Misc Photography Crew
    Best Gym Raw 585/405/640

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    So I got this random e-mail the other day.

I'm not really sure what to do. Any tips?

I took a picture of a buoy (built by a company my job was working with) that was being deployed while on the job with my personal camera. Is this considered my intellectual property or since I was technically working at the time, even though they didn't ask me to take pictures, is it owned by my employer?
    I'm not a lawyer but I think, since your company wasn't employing you as a photographer, it wouldn't be considered a work-for-hire (and thus, their property) You can always ask your work...though they might not be too appreciative of you taking pictures instead of working

I'd say you're in the clear to quote them a usage fee

digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i should probably spend more time at the zoo since im like 20 mins away from one of the best zoo's in the country(dc) Had like 2 mins to shoot these tigers before they went in for food. Most of the animals here look sad or pissed though.

with the blur cropped. I like the blur though cause its adds DOF without really getting in the way of the pic. especially with the vignette over it. blurry object was a poll or a wall not sure. probably a wall
    No soda crew
    Always pick 5 crew
    Time to cut crew
    Photography crew

So that is a thumbs up I am assuming? Do you have media pro too? Or just use Capture One Pro?
    Only Capture One Pro. Big thumbs up although I think for the majority of users Lightroom is probably the best software available given all the presets and plugins available.

Originally Posted by hammbergler View Post

No argument that for the vast majority of tasks 16-24mp is more than enough but it just took me back to the "12mp is plenty" talk on the Nikon side of the fence which was strong denial.

They can spin it any way they want but unless you're shooting moving subjects where you need more than 3.9fps and better AF, a 5D mk2 from 2008 will get the job done just fine. So where is the incentive for mk2 owners who shoot landscapes and static subjects in a studio to upgrade? Surely they want a higher resolution sensor from Canon and shouldn't have to pony up $6K+ for it in a 1D body when it arrives.

The D810 in 1.2x crop mode shoots 6fps and the D750 6.5fps without cropping. Both have 51pt AF with tracking that can focus in the dark. In the case of the D750, it costs a lot less than a 5D mk3. Where is Canon's response to the D800/D810?

I think they should make a 6D mk2 that is similar in spec to the current 5D mk3 and the 5D mk4 should get the bump in resolution.

wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wellyeah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    favorite from today

Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Final_Rep View Post
    This is why the 5D IV would be high MP, or maybe call it a 5D IIIs. Whatever the case. The idea is some people want one part of the pie and some people want the other, and from a technology PoV you can't have both.

(well, you probably can, but it would cost more than either side wants to pay)
    Not the mega pixie war thing again. Please FR, say it isn't so.

Frankly, I'm be more interested in higher FPS, USB 3.0, next generation card/faster cards, and yes, higher quality/clean out 4k video (Are my video roots showings?). Would I like a higher mega pixel count? Who wouldn't. But only after all of the above, and not before.
    🎥
    Site oldest post: [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172072283&p=1540411941&viewfull=1#post1540411941[/url]

Filmmaker Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165304201&p=1534834621#post1534834621

obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KRANE View Post
    Not the mega pixie war thing again. Please FR, say it isn't so.

Frankly, I'm be more interested in higher FPS, USB 3.0, next generation card/faster cards, and yes, higher quality/clean out 4k video (Are my video roots showings?). Would I like a higher mega pixel count? Who wouldn't. But only after all of the above, and not before.
    inexcusable for new cameras not to have usb 3.0

importing pics to lightroom is slow as sht from the camera. I ended up buying a usb 3.0 SD reader. So much better.
    --------------------- ϞϞ( ๑⚈ ․̫ ⚈๑). ---------------------
    --- Still-plays-PokemonGo-in-2022 Crew ---

ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by obmas View Post
    Mpe65mm on canon 6d + flash is getting pretty heavy haha. Can't imagine having to hold a 5dmk3 or 1dx.....
    Do you even lift brah?

Now add a grip and 70-200 f2.8 IS
    Signature keeps disappearing crew
    Well under 10 lines crew
    Wtf m8 crew

\m/ Metal crew
    Misc Photography crew
    PC Master race
    Katy Perry is my 10/10 crew
    Try and edit posts before "Last edit" message shows up crew

Originally Posted by obmas View Post
    inexcusable for new cameras not to have usb 3.0

importing pics to lightroom is slow as sht from the camera. I ended up buying a usb 3.0 SD reader. So much better.
    TFW your mid 2010 macbook pro only has USB 2.0

tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What are megapickles?
    Manchester City Crew
    Photographer - tomhort.com

ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShoryuBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ShoryuBrah View Post
    Canon supposedly announcing something big:

http://www.seeimpossible.usa.canon.com/

Could be anything though. They obviously make more than cameras. Inb4 new colors for the Rebel line up.
    Welp. Nothing. It was absolutely nothing. Just basically announcing a marketing campaign.
    Well under 10 lines crew
    Wtf m8 crew

\m/ Metal crew
    Misc Photography crew
    PC Master race

Saw this on Canon Rumors: Introducing LensRentals Keeper

Considering quality control ain't what it used to be and a lot of gear is hit and miss, this is a pretty solid idea.

Rent for a while to fully test it out and if you're happy with it, buy it.

Saw this on Canon Rumors: Introducing LensRentals Keeper

Considering quality control ain't what it used to be and a lot of gear is hit and miss, this is a pretty solid idea.

Rent for a while to fully test it out and if you're happy with it, buy it.
    I've seen a lot of good deals on their used section. Most of the time it's in really good condition too.
    Well under 10 lines crew
    Wtf m8 crew

\m/ Metal crew
    Misc Photography crew
    PC Master race

BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by digitalchi View Post
    i should probably spend more time at the zoo since im like 20 mins away from one of the best zoo's in the country(dc) Had like 2 mins to shoot these tigers before they went in for food. Most of the animals here look sad or pissed though.

with the blur cropped. I like the blur though cause its adds DOF without really getting in the way of the pic. especially with the vignette over it. blurry object was a poll or a wall not sure. probably a wall
    Saint Louis Zoo is the best zoo in the country.

But I know what you mean, animals don't look very happy and it is tricky to get a shot without any defining object in the background that clearly lets you know it's at a zoo, I would not say it wasn't at a zoo, but I would prefer to have to tell people rather than they be able to figure it out.

Look up wildlife sanctuaries, there is a massive one outside of Denver that not alot of people know about, you are up on a 40 foot walkway over acres of open ground, animals all seem very happy and near oblivious to people, mostly big cats. Due to not being at eye level, they don't pay people any mind. Making eye contact is commonly an aggressive animal behavior, which is partly why animals in zoos are tweaked out.

Middle of nowhere IL has some smaller amounts of animals caged but all pretty happy, the owner has somewhat tamed them and I am sure will die from one of them, but they don't seem as upset and she lets you hold baby tigers, lions, etc after their eyes open up but before they can legit see anything.

Point is, look for places with animals other than commercialized zoos, there are more out there than you would think.
    Rugby Crew
    Misc Photography Crew
    Best Gym Raw 585/405/640

I am thinking of trying off camera lighting. I do not have a wireless trigger for my canon 600exrt flash...BUT...I did earn how to use the built in flash on my 70D to set off the flash of the 600exrt (when it is away from my camera). My question about this method is this...

Will I notice any flash on the photos from the built in flash on my 70D? I was reading that it sets off a very small amount of light (in order to set the off camera 600exrt flash) and that it fires off a split second before the shutter does its work. Will this show up on the images I take or is it so small that it has very little effect on the image?

Here are some photos I took of my labrador puppy. He recently had to undergo surgery for a biopsy. The vets never saw what he had and were very concerned. He had bumps in his eyes and ears that would burst and bleed. He is a ton better and is happy like always. We really thought we were going to have to put him down (to stop the suffering). Anywho...here are the photos

The last image...I won a contest at my school. Love the third one the best...What is your input on the images?

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BlueSasquatch View Post
    Bronx Zoo is the best zoo in the country.

FTFY brah.

Yes i'm being cheeky now. But seriously my favorite zoo is in san diego. The san diego zoo is beautiful.So is philadelphia.
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

I am thinking of trying off camera lighting. I do not have a wireless trigger for my canon 600exrt flash...BUT...I did earn how to use the built in flash on my 70D to set off the flash of the 600exrt (when it is away from my camera). My question about this method is this...

Will I notice any flash on the photos from the built in flash on my 70D? I was reading that it sets off a very small amount of light (in order to set the off camera 600exrt flash) and that it fires off a split second before the shutter does its work. Will this show up on the images I take or is it so small that it has very little effect on the image?
    At higher ISO with a subject close to the lens you might and be aware of a wide lens casting a shadow, especially with the lens hood attached.

There is a little attachment made by Nikon that blocks the popup flash while letting IR pass which should also work with a Canon. Costs around $12.

Edit: found a thread from someone using it on a 7D.

Closed Thread
Page 161 of 299 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 211 261 ... LastLast