sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

with my "base" am I built for FIGURE competition?

Hey all, I've been lifting for more than 10+ years, my stats: 5"2 & 120 lbs, 17% - 20% body fat % I've always been wanting a figure competition type of body and may even consider competing in near future.

1) my weak& lacking muscle groups are always the shoulder and back with little/ not enough definition. am I overly ambition to be thinking about FIGURE category?

2) How long would you suggest to allow myself to be stage ready for a first figure show? with my "base", Please have a look at my pics:
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ph...hotos/26586691
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/pr...hotos/sissylau

sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sissylau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone? All critiques and input welcome

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think you're a little under muscled for figure. If you want to compete sooner rather than later, I'd shoot for bikini. If you have your heart set on figure, I'd start adding more mass, esp in the back and shoulders region. You'd need a few months to be stage ready for bikini in looking at your pics from August. If you wanted to do figure, I wouldn't even choose a show date right now. I'd just focus on building.

Thank you so much for your detailed input I pretty much have my heart set on Figure due to the fact that I am not very comfortable with the sassy flirty posing required of Bikini.

Anyway, can any of you point to me, what's the realistic duration for me to bulk to achieve Figure comp ready? 6 months - 12 months is sufficient?

Originally Posted by EPolis13 View Post
    I think you're a little under muscled for figure. If you want to compete sooner rather than later, I'd shoot for bikini. If you have your heart set on figure, I'd start adding more mass, esp in the back and shoulders region. You'd need a few months to be stage ready for bikini in looking at your pics from August. If you wanted to do figure, I wouldn't even choose a show date right now. I'd just focus on building.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sissylau View Post
    Thank you so much for your detailed input I pretty much have my heart set on Figure due to the fact that I am not very comfortable with the sassy flirty posing required of Bikini.

Anyway, can any of you point to me, what's the realistic duration for me to bulk to achieve Figure comp ready? 6 months - 12 months is sufficient?
    That's a good MINIMUM start. Build for as long as you can stand! Ignore the "I feel chubby feelings" and keep going. Aim to gain about 2 pounds per month.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    That's a good MINIMUM start. Build for as long as you can stand! Ignore the "I feel chubby feelings" and keep going. Aim to gain about 2 pounds per month.
    ^^ this

I don't really like putting time limits on these things when people ask. It's 100% dependent upon you, your genetics, your training, and your nutrition. Could be 6 months. Could be 2 years. Don't trap yourself with a length of time or even have one in the back of your mind as a goal. Just put in the work and don't stop till you're done.

pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EPolis13 View Post
    This!

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I hear you, I also competed Figure because I'd rather be the smallest Figure on stage than do Bikini!

Something they look for in Figure is big shoulders and developed back. You look young, I am sure you can wait a little bit to compete and build on what you already have, which is great. Your pics are very beautiful and tasteful by the way.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000) CHILDOFGO12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    like the rest of the young ladies here, said, please build up ur shoulders and back, for fig, and u'll be great n 6months to a year. do not be n such a rush to compete this year. focus on build ur muscles and deitin' the right way 1st and for most. even i had to miss last n competin' and it was a good thing too. i competed 2xs n '12, i did bad the 1st part of '12 and much better the 2nd part of '12. and takin' last year off to build and get my bod the way it needed to be, was very helpful. so this year i compete, yea

again, please listen to the young ladies and me. we have been where u r goin' before and we know. wait, grow, eat, train right and u'll see it will be all worth it, by the time u hit the stage
    JESUS LIVES FOREVER!!!

Thanks everyone for all the helpful advise especially coming from all experienced competitors like y'all, this meant a lot to me Trust me, I'm not that young (30 years old), but i take that as a compliment ahh.. it must be my petite frame.

Anyway, I am not in the rush, though figure comp has always been my goal. I give my at least 2 years, heck, I wont even mind 5 years or longer.

However due to personal preference and also I'm on tight budget to "upsize" my whole closets/ clothings if I were to do a straight bulk. Please be honest with me, does recomp/ lean bulking really work or even exist? I dont mind the time frame or duration it takes.

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    I hear you, I also competed Figure because I'd rather be the smallest Figure on stage than do Bikini!

Something they look for in Figure is big shoulders and developed back. You look young, I am sure you can wait a little bit to compete and build on what you already have, which is great. Your pics are very beautiful and tasteful by the way.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks everyone for all the helpful advise especially coming from all experienced competitors like y'all, this meant a lot to me Trust me, I'm not that young (30 years old), but i take that as a compliment ahh.. it must be my petite frame.

Anyway, I am not in the rush, though figure comp has always been my goal. I give my at least 2 years, heck, I wont even mind 5 years or longer.

However due to personal preference and also I'm on tight budget to "upsize" my whole closets/ clothings if I were to do a straight bulk. Please be honest with me, does recomp/ lean bulking really work or even exist? I dont mind the time frame or duration it takes.
    Recomp is so slow it's not worth the time in my opinion. A 'lean' bulk is simply a bulk where you don't go 'hog-wild' with the calories. It only takes about 100 extra calories per day to gain muscle. Women can only gain around 1/2 lb of muscle per month (maybe a pound if genetically gifted or still in newbie stage) and it only takes around 2000 extra calories to gain a pound of muscle. If you do the math, if you gain a 1/2 lb of muscle per month, you only need 1000 extra calories. Still, we don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot by not eating enough to support growth, so we generally eat 100-200 over maintenance and aim for that 1-2 lb gain per month.

As far as upsizing the wardrobe, it's not going to be as dramatic as you think. I started out this year at 117 lbs and around a size 4. I bulked up to 133 and went up around one size. I now weigh 128 and wear pretty much what I was wearing at 117. If you do a conservative bulk, your wardrobe won't have to expand much, even if you gain 10-15 lbs.

The only place I've noticed it a lot is in tailored dress shirts. I'm so much broader across the back and shoulders so much bigger, when I put them on, I could pull an Incredible Hulk if I flexed. Pretty sure I'd split the seams...
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Yeah I am 41 so 30 to me is the "good ol' times"

I saw your transformation, it was wonderful, you have shown to have the hard work and dedication required. Keep working at it and you'll do great.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721