Thread: Airplane travel

RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Airplane travel

Hi....I have not flown in about 4 years, not sure how much has changed. What healthy foods can I take on the plane with me? Do they allow cooler bags with ice packs and prepared foods? I don't want to pack a bunch of stuff only to have security take it away from me. Thanks in advance for your replies!

leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey, some of it depend where you're flying to/from but in general you cant take liquids or semi liquids (eg yoghurt) through security so you have to buy them after in one of the airport shops. (think they might not like ice packs)
    things like crackers, sandwiches, fruit etc should be ok taking them onto the plane but some countries wont let you bring food in, eg if you took an apple on the plane and didn't eat it, the country you're flying to might require you to bin it at security their end - its in case of bringing insects etc into their country.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For competitions I always carry on my prepared foods...eggs, beef, potatoes, oats, etc. Just can't take the PB with you so that one takes a chance in the checked baggage. I always put my condiments in my checked bag since they're likely to cause more issues. And I just give the TSA turds the stink eye when they manhandle my cookies and brownies....guess the scanner doesn't like aluminum foil.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RebeccafromLA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks so much for the replies! Forgot to mention, I am flying out of LAX (Los Angeles) and into Philadelphia.

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just don't bring any liquids, pudding, or yogurt. Solids are fine. I stash a bunch of food when I travel and it's never been a problem.

Seriously, Meg, no PB?!

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

I just bought some little pre-packed containers of Jif to Go peanut butter. I will just bring a few to see what happens. What about protein powder? Anyone have a problem with that?

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    Just don't bring any liquids, pudding, or yogurt. Solids are fine. I stash a bunch of food when I travel and it's never been a problem.

Seriously, Meg, no PB?!
    Never knew that. Isn't there some 3oz rule for stuff like toothpaste and lotion? BRB smuggling my favorite dark choc pb on in a bunch of lotion bottles. (Not srs, do not try, would prob create toxic pb, I don't want any blood on my hands here.)
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post

Seriously, Meg, no PB?!
    I believe I read no PB directly off of the TSA website... http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...-food-or-gifts

"Cranberry sauce
    Cologne
    Creamy dips and spreads (cheeses, peanut butter, etc.)
    Gift baskets with food items (salsa, jams and salad dressings)
    Gravy
    Jams
    Jellies
    Lotions
    Maple syrup
    Oils and vinegars
    Perfume
    Salad dressing
    Salsa
    Sauces
    Snow Globes
    Soups
    Wine, liquor and beer"
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RebeccafromLA View Post
    I just bought some little pre-packed containers of Jif to Go peanut butter. I will just bring a few to see what happens. What about protein powder? Anyone have a problem with that?
    Depending on the color of your protein, it could look suspect.. especially if you individually pack it in little baggies (like I do). I just label it PROTEIN POWDER, and I haven't had a problem before. And looks even worse when you pack creatine individually... haha
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?

Bulk to Bikini Journal: t=159898911&p=1200540751#post1200540751
    ANSI (Closed): t=160616381&p=1216623541#post1216623541
    TSN (Closed): t=160616811&p=1216631611#post1216631611

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dawnmsaunders View Post
    Depending on the color of your protein, it could look suspect.. especially if you individually pack it in little baggies (like I do). I just label it PROTEIN POWDER, and I haven't had a problem before. And looks even worse when you pack creatine individually... haha
    I've done the same thing. But my pp was chocolate, so no suspicions there. And creatine, I just bring the whole container, it's small. No need to lose any of my gainz in the bag!!!

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000) Richy P is just really nice. (+1000)
    International travel used to be (rules may have been relaxed) 99ml and under for fluids in containers in hand luggage.
    -101,221, I can see the light - thanks
    -129,871, getting closer
    -150,000, more than half way there!

palsup will become famous soon enough. (+50) palsup will become famous soon enough. (+50) palsup will become famous soon enough. (+50) palsup will become famous soon enough. (+50) palsup will become famous soon enough. (+50) palsup will become famous soon enough. (+50) palsup will become famous soon enough. (+50) palsup will become famous soon enough. (+50) palsup will become famous soon enough. (+50) palsup will become famous soon enough. (+50) palsup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hate planes.